Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
slipper

Rep: 44.3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:48 am Post subject: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Happy New Year

I am just returning to Close Combat after a few years away ( i last played CC4). I have just purchased TLD and LSA, and i am looking to buy COI and WaR soon.

I have searched through the forums, and must admit to getting a bit bogged down with all the information available. What i am after is the best game settings and the best mods to give me the most realistic and difficult game experience against the AI.

I seem to remember from years ago that the Ai was not brilliant, and i gather that has not changed at all. I am looking for settings and mods for all the 4 games listed above if possible.

also i seem to remember that the AI was better at defending than attacking, if this is still the case are there any ways to improve the AI so that the player is defending and AI attacking? I would like to play all the Grand Campaigns if possible from both sides versus the AI.

I realise i am asking for quite a bit of info, but any help would be gratefully accepted.

regards

slipper

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Hi,
1.Try this mod
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2653179
2.Play the "GT Objective Bayeux" Campaign
3.Follow the game play rules described in the readme file
4.Select "Elite" for the side you are playing and "Recruit" for the AI player
5.Play the Allied side
6.Make sure TLD is patched with this version: TLD version 5.50.11b

settings cc.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.24 KB
 Viewed:  7480 Time(s)

settings cc.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Line vs Line is usually the default/historical balance when playing. To make the game harder you can then lower the AI setting to Green or Recruit to give it more and usually better units. After that to add more challenge you can change your setting to Veteran or Elite which will reduce the number of units you get along with usually the quality.

As you mentioned it is best to play the attacker most of the time. But there are a few games/mods that defending is tougher; TLD (AI Allies on Recruit and player German on Elite). COI (Fin Mod, Grossdeutschland Mod or Real Romanians).

LSA - newest game with the most features but a few kinks are still being worked out with patches still being released. No mods yet available.

TLD - seems to be pretty good to go. There are a few mods available and a few more in progress so its potential is high. Bloody Omaha or Ground tactics would be good to try right now.

WAR - seems to be pretty good to go. There are a few mods available (it actually has more than TLD right now but some of them will not work on the latest patch). Future potential is high as one of the latest patches added TLD features so that TLD mods can run on WAR.

COI - is the least changed game from its original version (CC3), plus the effort was put into move most of the CC3 mods so there are lots of options.

Check out the download pages here or the Matrix ones here; http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
TLD - seems to be pretty good to go. There are a few mods available and a few more in progress so its potential is high. Bloody Omaha or Ground tactics would be good to try right now./

By the way Tejzd, how is Meuse 1940 conversion to TLD coming?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 pm Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Thank you for asking Amgot. Meuse is playable on TLD and WAR with the latest patches installed, just want to make sure they are final to prevent having to make multiple releases....

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:00 am Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Cool, I'm really looking forward to it.

slipper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Thanks all

For your prompt replies and help, glad to see the community is still as supportive as i remember it used to be.

regards

slipper

slipper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:09 pm Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Hi again,

Quick question, is the GT mod only optimized for the " GT Objective Bayeux" campaign? or can i also play default campaigns with it? Also if i also enable a vetmod will it overwrite the GT mod?

Thanks again for any replies

cheers

slipper

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:48 am Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

slipper wrote (View Post):
Hi again,

Quick question, is the GT mod only optimized for the " GT Objective Bayeux" campaign? or can i also play default campaigns with it? Also if i also enable a vetmod will it overwrite the GT mod?

Thanks again for any replies

cheers

slipper

Hi,
1."GT Objective Bayeux" is just another (extra) Campaign
2.You can play all default campaigns, etc
3.Vetmod is a separate mod, and therefore won't work with GT installed

slipper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: Best game settings and mods for realistic gameplay ? Reply with quote

Thanks again

for the help and quick response.

regards

slipper

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: