Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:31 pm Post subject: House rules for H2H GC Reply with quote

Ok, after having (nearly) completed my first H2H TLD GC, I've made a list of house rules that I will try next time I start another TLD GC. I took a few house rule ideas from here and here, and I made up a few myself.

Note that the GC I just played was without Ground Tactics (i.e Paks were nearly immediately destroyed by mortars when in the open) and with a 30min timer, which made the game very hard for the German player.

Difficulty level: Line vs Line
Timer: 15 min
Mod: Ground Tactics 2.0

House rules:

- davidssfx's BG point cap (see here)
- Frozen German units can move on the first day turn (instead of the second)
- Allied Para BGs take one day to reform i.e cannot move during the first day (prevents US para BGs taking control of all maps in the Utah sector on the first day + gives a chance to the 6th FJR to counter-attack)
- On the second and following days, American Para BGs can only select tanks from their roster if they have a clear supply line to Utah. If they have a connection and then are cut-off, they can still use tanks.
- Usual gentlemen's deployment rules (not across rivers, linked to a friendly victory location, respect para random drops)
- On beach maps, Germans cannot set foot on the sand / Allies must start in the water on the first turn of June 6th.
- Night turns reinstated with special rules: no fight is to occur, so players will have to rest all their frontline BGs. Both players can withdraw their BGs if they wish to. They can also relieve an engaged BG, in which case the player who relieved his BG will retake his former positions and then ask for a ceasefire. The Axis player can move his units behind the frontline during night turns as he sees fit: this is to give more tactical flexibility to the Axis player, and is also more historical (German troops fought during the day and moved during the night).
- More realism: restrict full BG relief to night turns only. If the player swaps two BGs during the day, he has to accept vanilla rules i.e all the territory he previously held has become neutral (reflects the difficulty to relieve troops when engaged during the day)

I'm not sure about these ones:

- Beach maps: Allied BGs may not move inland as long as they haven't completely cleaned the map
- No medium and heavy AT guns (i.e everything above 5cm) inside buildings (exceptions: bunkers, ruined buildings, large industrial buildings such as hangars and plants)
- Frontline Allied BGs on beach maps cannot move laterally (i.e cannot move to an adjacent beach map if there still are German troops on their map).

What do you guys think?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:44 am Post subject: Re: House rules for H2H GC Reply with quote

i think I won't remember any of it.

my house rules

Play the game as it comes.

;)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11 am Post subject: Re: House rules for H2H GC Reply with quote

Thanks Amgot,
looks like some clever ways of making things a little more realistic.
I'll have to use some of them next time I go for a GC

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:34 pm Post subject: Re: House rules for H2H GC Reply with quote

Hi davidssfx,

I haven't had a chance to test GT 2.0 yet but I had a simple question about my house rule to reinstate night turns and only using them for relief movements. With GT installed, does editing the Campaign text file in Base folder work as in Vanilla TLD or do you have to edit another specific GT Campaign text file?

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: House rules for H2H GC Reply with quote

I really like your suggestions, I'm a stickler for realism myself. 1 more that springs to mind after my opponent used this questionable tactic; no deployment of ATGs for the allies during beach landings, or at the very least not during the initial scramble off the beach. The allies had a hell of a time getting their amphibious tanks onto the beaches, nevermind ATGs.

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 pm Post subject: Re: House rules for H2H GC Reply with quote

"Allied Para BGs take one day to reform i.e cannot move during the first day (prevents US para BGs taking control of all maps in the Utah sector on the first day + gives a chance to the 6th FJR to counter-attack)"

Good rule, always thought this should have been stock in the TLD GC anyways. Given the D-day the objectives of the of the US Para units, factor in the scattered airdrops and consequently disorganization of US para units, also given the german forces in the area, they were not able and should not be able to leisurely tour the French Countryside.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: