Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1209
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Author
johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:59 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Reply with quote

Link is removed from the last version (unstable) of the mod and must have deleted the one had, because cannot locate it anywhere. Was going to give it a try again and look over some of it.

Any chance can restore the link on the 1st page in this topic again?

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Reply with quote

When I can get it to work on my computer you can then have it for yours.

Sorry

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:59 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
When I can get it to work on my computer you can then have it for yours.

Sorry

It's no hurry. Thanks again for any and all efforts on this fine mod.

JS

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Updated 1st post.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Got it & many Thanks Platoon  Very Happy

Noticed already that you pulled the new splash screen that was on that initial last version, as well as the updated strat map.

looking forward to some of the modifications before the crashes on the earlier one. That S/Eifel map for one. should make the campaign a new affair.

JS

Edit:

I see it still is a bit unstable, Beta form as the plugin in clearly states. Crash to DT during Hosingen map.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

The Splash Screen is still in the Mod.
The new Main Screen isn't due to the fact that a new .EXE every time a patch comes out will ruin the game.
I've never done any editing of the Strat Map so I have no idea what your saying here.

Just played Hosingen with no problems.

The 2 new BG's still have issues but they are Not used in the GC.

Not saying it wont crash,but it seemed fine on this end at the time.
Would be nice to know exactly when it crashed on you.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Crashed when allied morale was crushed initially. I just retried it (same save) and it played correctly and finished.

The map in question I meant is the new one that was added initially (strategic) map over the stock one in the last release that is not in this Beta release. It would not allow some movement the last time during execute phase was one problem. Don't remember exactly everything.

Am using the latest, 4.15.15 patch.

Thanks again and understand why can't change the screen and use the same "TTVetmod" screen. it makes sense.

Thanks again and if anything else? Just ask.

JS

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):

1)Crashed when allied morale was crushed initially. I just retried it (same save) and it played correctly and finished.

2)The map in question I meant is the new one that was added initially (strategic) map over the stock one in the last release that is not in this Beta release. It would not allow some movement the last time during execute phase was one problem. Don't remember exactly everything.

3)Am using the latest, 4.15.15 patch.

4)Thanks again and understand why can't change the screen and use the same "TTVetmod" screen. it makes sense.

Thanks again and if anything else? Just ask.

JS

OK
1)How could you know the Allied Moral had been crushed initially when I have removed the ability to see it?

2)Again I have 'Never" changed the Strategic Map,Not connections or anything.I did put back the Original Schoenberg MAP that came with the game and just now swapped the Eifel 1 and 2 because I cant help but to think us CCIV fans have seen enough of that map.And to be perfectly honest it was totally stupid that no one figured that out.
You have a new Eiflle map that "NEVER" gets played because of where it sits on the Strategic Map and you put in the "OLD" map that gets played right from the start? How does that happen?<--My little rant towards another Matrix "FAIL".

3) That's good,but the current patch is 4.15.15b (is it just a typo your missing the ( b )?

4)I have no idea what that means,You should see the soldiers sitting around talking/smoking right after the game launch's and then the main screen with all the buttons like Play Game/scenario editor etc etc.And it says TT's VETBoB at the top.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time by any means and I can "Completely"understand if you don't know the exact file name/editing or what have you.
I "Love" the fact that you enjoy it and have waited patiently for me.
And by no way shape or form do I conclude this to be a complete Mod.

But if possible please be clear in what you say.

I "Know" the Stock game crashes,It's been reported,I have experienced it.It appears to me that WAR has the same old 00:00 timer crash that CCV had so I will put those graphics back in hopes of trying to determine what/when the Mod crashes.At this point I can only conclude they have "NO IDEA" on how to fix that,and to be honest I don't care I just cant stand playing the Stock game,no matter what this Mod looks like it's still a 1000 times better than the Stock game.

Thank-You very Much,
Please come again Smile

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:30 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Another update.
Fixes the 2 new BG's and includes a VETBoB GC file.
See first post.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:43 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Hi Platoon:

1) Guestimation on my part.. Allied forces are littered killed all over the map. you get the "idea" after playing vs the Ai when they are going to retreat/fail from morale.

2) Maybe I should call it the overview map then? it was included on the initial release you had very temporarily and it is the add on linked at the matrix page here:

overview map

3) Correct. Beta patch, 4.15.15b.

4) Correct. I think miscommunication on my part.

Finally....

I agree with your analysis of the stock game for other reasons, besides the ones you list (agree with them also.

The teams they have reek. US and Axis. "your" mod is by far my favorite and no kidding? Have played it over a dozen times, start to finish in WAR alone..

If by some chance you would go and add something the Allies (cough, cough) didn't have to even things out? Throw 'em a few 76mm Shermans... Yes, it goes against part of the goal of realism.

Thanks for the mod update also. grabbing it now  Very Happy

JS

EDIT:

Platoon:

Something not mentioned in the notes on the 1st page and HUGE change.. Axis forces begin out of fuel.. Nice  Twisted Evil The way it should be and forces the Axis player to begin with foot troops and actually "think" a bit more as well.

Kudos again.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

If you experience the timer running out crash are you using Win7 with XP compatibility mode? You shouldn't need compatibility mode for WAR, TLD or LSA and turning it off could help....

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Thank You
I'm using Vista but I will check.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
If you experience the timer running out crash are you using Win7 with XP compatibility mode? You shouldn't need compatibility mode for WAR, TLD or LSA and turning it off could help....

Thanks for that. Using Win7, but no compatibility mode for WAR.

Had forgotten about that also.. Always sumfin..

JS

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

The beginning is supposed to be ruff on the Allies but I still think they are too weak.

It was Salhexe's idea to limit the fuel.
I've also been using a little bit of what he wanted for the Force Pools.

Now I understand,
Yes the .ovm's
Schrecken re-sized them and I believe he has them hosted at that site.But I never checked.
If you have a good PC you can always download Mine
But be warned,they are Very large files.
But the clarity is Awesome.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:09 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Why cant we delete posts?

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Just a little more feedback on how the new campaign adjustments feel personally.

Lack of fuel period 1st turn of day1 for Axis and 1/2 fuel on 2nd turn was a great addition. Lack of fuel for all reinforcing troops on Axis side also appreciated. this gives the campaign a better feel and leads to battles (for me) on maps hardly ever fought over before, like Beho and Margaret. Those are almost always passed over and now? With the delay in waiting for fuel? Am having Allied forces in places never seen show up.

Have *not* looked over the units themselves, but am curious as to the new Axis(?) unit that appears,  in green background other than dark brown like normal Axis that has nothing but captured equipment in it, but has no unit designation on the main map? Is that one of the 2 new units you mentioned as being added and not supposed to be available? Does that make sense?

Equipment added/subtracted was nice. 77th for instance having all those (17) Hetzers could be placed on any of the Allied supply hexes and was more powerful than any other Axis unit previously. Having only 6 now makes it much more vulnerable, but still ultra powerful with a full compliment of 20 VG.

Peiper was weakened, as was SS KG Hansen. Peiper losing all (most) of it's infantry. Seems most of the SS were stripped. Not used Krause yet and purposely not looking at the units to make it a "surprise" 1st time use each unit...

As you can tell Platoon, have enjoyed it immensely and no more crashes. The spotters requiring LOS.. Tigers and other "heavies" not even used yet will have something for everyone.

Outstanding thus far :-)

JS

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Lack of fuel was salhexe's Idea,It has added more fun to the game.
When viewing that Axis team you should see the BG_Unit Patch in the upper left hand corner of the Battle Group screen.

The force pools still need a little tweaking.
And I feel the GC needs a little more refining.
I'm currently on Dec.18th and I take a Truce anytime I can get it.
I also have been using what ever deployment the computer gives me with the exception of any AT_Guns I take.
I've had one crash but it started right back up with no problems.

Thanks
I'm glad you like it.
Hopefully it will be finished one day.

Slyguy3129

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:23 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Sorry to be a dunce but I downloaded the file from the link in the first post. How do I install this mod?

Please and thank you, and my apologize.

"Why So Serious?!"

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

You need to download and use Modswap.

Slyguy3129

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Doh figured it out. Nice mod!

"Why So Serious?!"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: