Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
FFL_Kklinkk

Rep: 12.1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:32 am Post subject: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

while waiting for the next cc "Wacht A Normandy Too Far"   Rolling Eyes

http://www.tow-game.com/video

might call for a pc upgrade...   Laughing

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:17 am Post subject: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

this version has some improvements including a strat map. also, the infantry survival is improved.

I like the look but the infantry behavior still needs to be improved. Personally, i am waiting for the combat mission battle for Normandy coming out at the end of next month. I think this game will the successor for close combat.

FFL_Kklinkk

Rep: 12.1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

I also really like the idea of Korea ... that's an interesting change.

I don't even recall a CC3 mod for Korea (korrect me if I'm wrong)

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

WOW!

I had a look at those two games and what can I say... Impressive!

The new Combat Mission will be playable in real time and will represent each sodiler of a squad so it definatly look very promising. it does not look like it has a strat map so maybe if they release a future WWII game using Theater of War 3's engine with strat map would do the trick!

They are also cheaper (or the same price) than LSA!  Laughing

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

Pzt_Serk wrote (View Post):
WOW!

I had a look at those two games and what can I say... Impressive!

The new Combat Mission will be playable in real time and will represent each sodiler of a squad so it definatly look very promising. it does not look like it has a strat map so maybe if they release a future WWII game using Theater of War 3's engine with strat map would do the trick!

They are also cheaper (or the same price) than LSA!  Laughing

no strat map for CMBN, you will have a large amount of user created scenarios and campaigns one the game comes out. TOW not so much because its has a smaller following. one advantage cmbn has the scenario edit/map maker make it super easy to create a scenario within a couple of minutes. of course, if you want more detail, it will take much longer.

Matrix would have a lot more customer if they lowered the price for their games.

Pzt_Serk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:27 pm Post subject: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

There are 3 new video AAR for the new Combat Mission here .

I'm afraid CC has been outclassed.

diggin.robat

Rep: 39.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

The new CM looks pretty  good. But can it outclass CC in terms of being moddable?

GW modding team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Serk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:32 pm Post subject: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

I dont know.

Playing LSA this afternoon, I used a full squad to storm a single house defended by the last two guys of a battered ennemy squad. The result was a full squad crawling for cover after the first shot and being stabbed to dead one after the other while seeking cover. It can't be as bad as this, can it?

diggin.robat

Rep: 39.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:51 pm Post subject: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Reply with quote

Oh, I experienced just this many times in TLD GT 2.0 against Ronson. Realistic or not, such things are moddable!  :lol:

diggin

GW modding team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: