Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 am Post subject: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

This update improves the performance of the Ai.

Close Combat 5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Close Combat 5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5.zip
 Filesize:  1.25 MB
 Downloaded:  830 Time(s)

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:15 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Perfect! Just in time! :)

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Thank you!  Much appreciated.

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Here the final result for gc finnish vet and the best soldier, great panzerjager.
Insert also the previous gc 3.4, there is a greater penetration of Soviet and even greater efficiency (more deaths from Finnish) compared to 3.5.

winter war gc3.4.jpg
 Description:
result gc3.4
 Filesize:  139.31 KB
 Viewed:  21861 Time(s)

winter war gc3.4.jpg

CC5 winter war nevanoja.jpg
 Description:
my best soldier great pj
 Filesize:  127.76 KB

CC5 winter war nevanoja.jpg

cc5 ww3.5.jpg
 Description:
resuly gc 3.5
 Filesize:  139.4 KB

cc5 ww3.5.jpg

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Can I ask a couple of things? How do I install this vetmod? I can't see a plugin in the file, just a bunch of files.

Also, it's meant to be played with the Finns?

salhexe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest.
The vetmod is to play as a Finn against the russian
To manually install the vetmod changed upon adb files in data/base folder, GDG file in graphics folder, exe file in main folder, the zip file with the BTD in maps folder. Save the original files, uses the setting and the rules in the readme and enjoy yourself.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:24 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Dang those fins found a new source of metal.... 352 destroyed Russian tanks!!!

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Is it ok just to install this 3.5 files or do I have to put in the previous patches also?

Edit. Nevermind, seems to work fine.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Ok I'm playing this mod and I've managed to cut off supply lines to Soviet tank units (no ammo/fuel). This leads to several damaged tanks in the after battle report. Question, do these damaged tanks get repaired for the next battle or will they be off the force pool?

salhexe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:36 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I do not know, the Russians still have many. If you play on attack Ai to be much stronger, if you wait Ai attack you have more chance.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Yep. Those damaged tanks are usually immobile but still have their turrets functional, meaning they can still blow a anti-tank squad to nirvana.

Oh well, gotta dig in and try to eke out results. Cheers salhexe.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:07 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Some observations, having played this about 1/3rd way through.

It would be great if the effects of weather would be included. During Winter War, many Soviet troops experienced more loss of troops from frost bite etc. then from Finnish bullits. So would be cool if especially the encircled Soviet troops would lose guys randomly at the beginning of turns. Also an encircled unit might experience a drop in morale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salients,_re-entrants_and_pockets#Motti

Would be great if Finnish troops could somehow use more then one unit to destroy an encircled unit, just like in a real 'motti' struggle during Winter War.

Also would be nice if Finns could combine units, many of my units are remnants of units that have been reduced to stragglers in the earlier fights. These are useless unless they could be combined together.

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I hope that all mods cc5 is translated to war/tld to have more chance to modding.
In cc5 there aren't other possibilities for improvement I think.

Len

Rep: 10.7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:50 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Thank You. One of my favourite Mods great replay value.
Now I have to watch The Winter War (1989)
and Fire and Ice: The Winter War of Finland and Russia (TV 2006) again.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:18 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Also a couple of other things I thought about, I think it would make sense for the objective for the Finnish side to be the destroying and capture of the Soviet troops. Or the stopping of them.

IMO it doesn't make much sense to get a few flags and then the game ends, in reality the real end of battle was signalled by either the Soviet troops being destroyed or they surrendered or the Finns withdrew or were destroyed. Not sure if it's possible to get rid of the flags and just make the objective the destroying of the opponents troops. At least in some maps.

And also, it's a bit strange how when you get the flags and the opponents troops are "dispersed", they are not counted as POW's or anything. IMO this doesn't make much sense, they just vanish? Anyway, this might be hard coded into the Close Combat code and can't be changed.

Anyway, cheers and thanks Salhexe.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:14 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I've now played this about 3/4 through. 10 or 11 days left I think.

The mod doesn't really reward going for the victory locations/flags. If you manage to get them all (usually against an enemy unit that is mostly infantry and not many tanks) that unit disperses and another unit, often tank-heavy, comes and replaces the previous unit. This means that it makes sense to delay the fights against the weaker infantry units and thus 'plug' that avenue from the enemy.

I've lost a lot of troops going for all flags thinking that it would make sense only to have a much stronger enemy unit to attack me afterwards. The Soviet flame tanks are pretty devastating against infantry.

Still it's been fun. Makes you think how unpleasant the real thing was, in -50 deg Celsius temperatures.

salhexe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Playing Winter War as Finland is mostly played in defense and this is frustrating because usually Ai sleep.

In CC5 the best places are when the human player must attack as in the Ardennes.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Also, if a tank-heavy unit has zero ammo and zero fuel and the tanks cannot move on the battlefield, how can they still move around on the bigger battlemap? I mean the big strategic battlemap.

Little things like these could be fixed making this great game even greater. And yes the AI pathfinding is irritating and quite passive sometimes, although it sometimes gives a small breather for my depleted infantry.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:47 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

BG's not be able to move and improved path finding are available/implemented in the CC re-releases....

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:04 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Winter War finland S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Actually the cold weather during The Winterwar is a myth  Wink

Down below is the lowest temp meassured by month and this was just during short periods

Dec -34 C

Jan -38 C

Feb -39C

Sources: Winterwar.com

http://www.winterwar.com/other/weather.htm

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: