Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:55 pm Post subject: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps?  I have a 'Battle' on Red Beach 1 where the Marines are along the beach and the Japanese are inland.  When I load these same battlegroups on the same map in an 'Operation' the Marines are inland and the Japanese are along the beach.  What's up???  Is the starting location for 'Battles' and 'Operations' set in a different way.  Is it done in the Operation/Battle file or the map BTD file?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 am Post subject: Re: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

I thought this was done through the Scenario Editor.
If you mean actual location on the map then yes,that is done with the BTD's.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

Hi Trip!

The operation is the original  for Tarawa or a new operation created by you??

heia Safari!!

tripwire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

DAK_Legion,

Well.... I'm using your Battles and Operations as a starting point.  I've set up the 2 main Japanese battlegroups:  7th Sasebo SNLF and the 3rd Special Base Force.  Then, I've set up the 4 main Marine battlegroups:  3/2/2 Marine Div, 2/2/2 Marine Div, 2/8/2 Marine Div and the 3/6/2 Marine Div.   I've got the naming, badges, commander photos and am still using the original teams composition (until I find time to work on them).  I've detailed out the map BTDs (including the 2 new ones).  Then, I've got the Battles for each individual map working very well.  Next, I'm trying to get the Operations that you started working in an historical manner.  ie, 3/2/2 landing at Red 1 against 7th SNLF;  2/8/2 landing at Red 3 against more 7th SNLF;  2/2/2 landing a little later at Red 2 against even more 7th SNLF.  Then,  as 3/2/2 move inland they attack Temakin Point.  The 2/2/2 move inland to the airfield command post with a new leader (after Lt. Col. Amey is killed early on).  Finally, we have the 3/6/2 moving from Red 3 (having landed later) to attack the Anti-tank ditches against the 3rd Special Base Force.  This is all working.... some a bit shakey!

I have not begun to even think about integrating your 2 new maps into the strat layer.... I just don't know how.
The most trouble that I am having is with the starting positions on some of the Operations.  For example - on Red Beach 1 the Battle moves as you've set it up - the Marines start on the beach and move up towards the inland area.  With that same map (BTD) on starting the operation that begins on Red Beach 1, the Marines are placed near the top left corner of the map, with the Japanese along the beach!

I've been hex editing the Battles and Operations.... I need to know what you guys have found out about the data at the bottom area of these files.  Please.... Wink

Last edited by tripwire on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:53 am Post subject: Re: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

Hi!

Well ..... I am pleased that this progress in Tarawa!

I do not think I can help much with this issue,I've always been a cheap modeer with few technical resources! Crying or Very sad

the strategic map has Tarawa.....you must create battles and operations with the ORIGINAL GAME..NO TARAWA CREATE SCENARIOS...You can check it always says that the maps are not interconnected and it is impossible to create new operations.Why the maps are named in the original game To make the battles and operations(vierville,acqueville..etc)

I hope this explanation will serve for something Embarassed

heia Safari!!

tripwire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

Work, work, work, work....
Computer production test technician.... at 59 yrs of age.  Way too much lifting and carrying.
What a very strenuous week, for an old fart!

Wish I could do some CC editing.  Just feel like laying back on the sofa or lounge chair.  Don't wanna sit in a chair at the desk, with all my papers spread about.  Even this short spell is tiring.

I know... I'm a complainer.  Sad

tripwire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:19 pm Post subject: Re: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

GOT IT !!!  (see what in post #1)

I have all Operations working pretty well.  Just need a few touch-ups on Unit insignias and a couple of commander photos.  BTW, does anyone have a photo of Maj. Schoettel ???

Will try to post some screen shots this weekend.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 am Post subject: Re: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

good notice trip!good work comrade!

heia Safari!!

tripwire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: How are battlegroups starting positions placed on maps? Reply with quote

Thanks, DAK!!!

I am also feeling GREAT!!!  I got a 20 minute back massage this afternoon.... and I HAVE NO WORRIES!
I just found out that the company that I work for has a masseause (sp?) come to our offices every Wednesday afternoon.  $20.00 for a 20 minute massage.  Plus, I don't even have to clock out!  Sweet!!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: