Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Ryz

Rep: 13.9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:40 am Post subject: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

Modders and Historians.

If anyone is looking for data on Soviet(and a little German) actions/statistics, for their mod or research, let me know.

I have good access to archival material. Most fall into one of these categories: combat journals(kept "live" in units), recon reports, statistical summaries, losses. Some armor specific material, like damage analysis on friendly/enemy tanks, tank test reports, etc.

I am looking forward to publishing this material. If you can help me use this date, perhaps analyzing it together with german sources, I am looking for that too.

David

Berlin1945 map18 partial.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.33 MB
 Viewed:  9381 Time(s)

Berlin1945 map18 partial.jpg

View user's profile Send private message MySpace Profile: Ask+for+google,+and+Skype+names

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:12 am Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

oh....this is very good in my research for my report.....

can you help me with this>>>

thank you very much.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:40 am Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

Hi Ryz,

Quote:
I have good access to archival material. Most fall into one of these categories: combat journals(kept "live" in units), recon reports, statistical summaries, losses. Some armor specific material, like damage analysis on friendly/enemy tanks, tank test reports, etc.

anything about Stalingrad?

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:37 am Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

Ryz, do you have anything on russian armor?? any data on it.......from pics to specs, usage on what campaign.......just what you said....the losses......anything..

thanks in advance!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:44 am Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

What exactly do you need?
I have some for Stalingrad, Kursk, Berlin, Budapest, etc Smile.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:27 pm Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

Do you have anything on effectiveness of fire of various weapons against infantry?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

No, IIRC Stalky had some data about that.

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 am Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

ahhh... I would like first from Kursk....at least I can start with that.....

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:08 am Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

Quote:
ahhh... I would like first from Kursk....at least I can start with that.....

specify what do you need

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:14 am Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

ahhh.....any data pertaining to Kursk.....you name it.....any data will do.....

i will start from this before i will move on to another......for years i wanted to learn about anything on the Russian front but the problem is that i don't have the material or the sources which are very reliable.......at least Ryz here has some valid and accurate ones....Smile

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:55 pm Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

No, mate, that's no way to do Smile.

First you need to get basic info about the battle you'd like to research and then search for the specific details.

There are some very good books in English about Kursk:
David Glantz "The battle of Kursk" - overall description of the battle, good to get correct overall picture.
Niklas Zetterling "Kursk 1943. A Statistical Analysis" - awesome details for the German side.
Steven Newton "Kursk - The German view" - excellent book, but first you need to have an overall picture of that battle.

Iam pretty sure you could find all them as e-versions for free.

You know, the correct question is a half of the good answer Smile.

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

thank you very much....will find them on the net or in bookstores......

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:02 pm Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

ohh....by the way......do you have any data pertaining to the Battle of Prokhorovka??? I think this one is from Kursk??......

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

Quote:
thank you very much....will find them on the net or in bookstores....

you are welcome.

when you have specific questions like "what did that unit have on that or this day" or "how and when was that M-3(lt) (yeah, Stuart Smile) KO", i will be glad to provide you with information Smile.

Example of some interesting data - PzVIE of M.Wittman (the future hero of V-B) was KO on June 7th, 1943 (IIRC) with 45mm APCR shell Smile.

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

Quote:
ohh....by the way......do you have any data pertaining to the Battle of Prokhorovka??? I think this one is from Kursk??......

sure, mate, what exactly do you want to know? Smile

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 pm Post subject: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Reply with quote

Dima, do you have any data on the effectiveness of various weapons on the Kulak's?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: