Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Why I don't merite not even "I don't know"? Regards Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you don't want reply me Dima: I don't say nothing of wrong, also you have done me a question about battles crash:

"what happens bfr it crashes? vehicles explodes? or do it says something?"

So I want only thank you for your help with tanks&vehicles (I will include you in credits). Dima, do me only a favour: don't reply me also in future. Regards Drizzt

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Drizzt Very Happy .

looks like i just missed previous notification of yer reply. Sad
now i got one and saw yer reply.

they say these crashes in single battles refers to elements.adb or map coding. I dunno actually. Only GJS and regCC5(utah Razz ) allows u to play single battle w/o crashes.

u could send me email....

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You have missed 3 notifications consecutives (?!); Anyway I try to check elements, thanks. About maps coding is impossible I have made something wrong: I'm sure that I converted them well, also battles in campaigns and operations 99% of times work: only 2 crash in over 100 battles played (and I have continued with same BG and same units in BG, in same maps without problems). Regards Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Battles in campaigns and operations are playable w/o crashes in all mods i gues...

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but again I don't understand "w/o" abbreviation. If means that camps and ops battles are playable in all mods, I assure you that I work hard in my Data to make stable campaigns and ops, in the first phase of tests they crashed often. Regards Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

w/o= with out.

Single battles crash often in most mods.
Ops and campaign don;t

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you have reason, and I don't pretend that my battles works perfect as in CC5 or GJS, I'm glad if they works as in Berlin for example, for now they work only 15%-30% of times: too few. Here a little thing I have discovered: if I use (for testing) vehicles.adb from GJS my battles works 95% of times (obviously I must pull off some vehicles in BG because if not crash sure: azp differents, vehicle class differents, less number of vehicles ecc., but really works), so I think that maybe I must fix "booleans" and "unknown" columns of vehicles.adb as in GJS: for example if PIV has "4" in GJS "unknown" column, I must write "4" for my PzIV in my "unknown" column, for russians guns-vehicles-tanks is more difficult this way of course... I don't finished yet so I don't know if this is the right solution, but I try... Regards Drizzt

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the single battle crash problem is caused by the use of CC3 elements file in a CC5 mod. The problem is with element 16, which is Stone Fence in CC3, but Wreck in CC5. In a single battle game, the pc will sometimes add wrecks to the map before the battle, and writes to the map files in the temp folder. It will try to write element 16. This will often cause a crash when loading.

Mods with CC3 elements....Meuse, Berlin.
Mods with CC5 elements.....GJS, Omaha.

Note.... I am by no means an expert, Embarassed this info is second hand from what I've read here over the years. I believe our good Western Canadian friend Tszjed discovered this, so PM him or maybe he can rear his head from the Chilliwack prairies and answer himself... Very Happy

Grunt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, pvt grunt, your information is something that I don't knew, but if I use GJS Elements my battles crash often anyway, and I have re-converted all my maps with CC5 elements. Also you have reason that meuse use CC3 elements (in txt maps files I can find numer 255 for example), but berlin has not number mayor of 158. Anyway is something to check sure, thanks for your information. Regards Drizzt

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 2 sets of CC3 elements in use, one is the original ,the other is West Front elemants (much more common with map makers) which added on hedgerows etc. This was a "standard" set of elements for years, so lots of maps are coded with it.

If you use a map conversion tool be very careful of which set of elements the maps use, and what you are actually converting to!

Also, GJS maps now have a custom elements file for ver 4.4, which added in underpass and some others. These maps "may" not work under standard CC5 elements. Confusing I know.

Also, I think Tszejd recoded the Meuse maps recently and fixed the element 16 problem.

ps All my new maps are coded with "ostelements" file, so theres another one!!

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pvt Grunt, Berlin elements and GJS elements are nearly identicals, only differences I can see are two:if Berlin has "wood floor L3", GJS has "underpass"; and GJS have 1 element more: "newly Dug weapon pit". Maybe I mistake but seems to me too few for speak about cc3 and cc5 elements in the two mods. Anyway I'm not expert of maps, but I'm nearly sure that my crash in single battles are caused by Data, probably vehicles.adb. Regards Drizzt

P.S. Your new maps are for which mod?

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics update on Combat camera:D.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dima, I await v 1.1 of your mod: sure great mod!, About my tanks& vehicles in my timeframe I understand that I forget to ask you two: PzI (armed mg.34) and 251/6 halftrack: they are right? (both are commands vehicles and are very few in my mod)

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah could be there.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Dima! Regards Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My "comparative tests" with GJS are finished: I have discovered that if I insert only wreck column of GJS in my vehicles.adb, my single battles works 75% of times (very good percentage), before do this, they work only 15%-30% of times. But is obviously that I can't let my vehicles.adb with GJS wreck column because this means sure crashes in operations and campaign: Any suggestions? Regards Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I have fixed one element and now seems that finally battles work fine!, I have try to play every battle of my mod and 44 times on 52 attempts they work! 84% percentage: really good. Also Kgvonmenng controlling for me if there are some small errors in my data. I'm testing again Ops an Camps: but for now all is ok. Regards Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad way... Element changed cause crash problems in ops and Campaign. Regards Drizzt

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote:
I believe the single battle crash problem is caused by the use of CC3 elements file in a CC5 mod. The problem is with element 16, which is Stone Fence in CC3, but Wreck in CC5. In a single battle game, the pc will sometimes add wrecks to the map before the battle, and writes to the map files in the temp folder. It will try to write element 16. This will often cause a crash when loading.

Mods with CC3 elements....Meuse, Berlin.
Mods with CC5 elements.....GJS, Omaha.

Note.... I am by no means an expert, Embarassed this info is second hand from what I've read here over the years. I believe our good Western Canadian friend Tszjed discovered this, so PM him or maybe he can rear his head from the Chilliwack prairies and answer himself... Very Happy

Grunt

I have used the standard CC5 Element file in the Berlin Mod

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Kharkov
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: