Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As I thought Berlin has cc5 elements thanks. Sapa, you are a veteran modder, me also I have used CC5 standard element file, I think you have read my posts here, Don't you have any idea why my battles crash very often? Regards Drizzt

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
As I thought Berlin has cc5 elements thanks. Sapa, you are a veteran modder, me also I have used CC5 standard element file, I think you have read my posts here, Don't you have any idea why my battles crash very often? Regards Drizzt

The advice from me is: use the Excell Program CC3 to CC5 maps.If it shows elements over 158 (i think) open 3C and change it to elements thats fit in CC5.Even if people complains about Berlin single crashes it works fine in my computer.I think it sometimes depends on the system you are using.(Win98,ME,XP..) I still think you should use Win98 for CC but maybe it is because i am beginnig to be an old dinosaur..
One other thing, look in your Vehicles.Adb and be sure of that it refers to the right wreck.I can remember that using Big or small letters can make the game crash....i really hope this could help you in anyway.
For me holiday is nere and i have just bought 24 Danish strong beers i will comsume.
The single battles crash is an old CC promblem and i think it is good that you are using the standard element file.Agree about that the GJS team could show some info.I am sure Dima is using the standard element file because he has just changed the orginal CC5 and we could discuss this further when he has made a complete mod....

Cheers Mats

Sapa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
Drizzt wrote:

The advice from me is: use the Excell Program CC3 to CC5 maps.If it shows elements over 158 (i think) open 3C and change it to elements thats fit in CC5.Even if people complains about Berlin single crashes it works fine in my computer.I think it sometimes depends on the system you are using.(Win98,ME,XP..) I still think you should use Win98 for CC but maybe it is because i am beginnig to be an old dinosaur..
One other thing, look in your Vehicles.Adb and be sure of that it refers to the right wreck.I can remember that using Big or small letters can make the game crash....i really hope this could help you in anyway.
For me holiday is nere and i have just bought 24 Danish strong beers i will comsume.
The single battles crash is an old CC promblem and i think it is good that you are using the standard element file.Agree about that the GJS team could show some info.I am sure Dima is using the standard element file because he has just changed the orginal CC5 and we could discuss this further when he has made a complete mod....

Cheers Mats

One other thing, dont change the Uknown columns, i am almost sure they are not the problem...

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your reply Sapa!! Unfortunately many of your advice I have already done. Elements mayor of 158 I have changed with 0, and I have corrected my wreck column some time ago as you say when I have understand majuscule-minuscole letters problems. Something unknown column I am obliged to take: cc5 has approximately 75-80 vehicles-guns, my mod 98. About Berlin I use winXP and battles crash rare times. I hope to made my battles as Berlin level. (But I must admit that XP or not XP GJS battles never crash) Regards Drizzt

P.S. Good holiday!

Sapa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Many thanks for your reply Sapa!! Unfortunately many of your advice I have already done. Elements mayor of 158 I have changed with 0, and I have corrected my wreck column some time ago as you say when I have understand majuscule-minuscole letters problems. Something unknown column I am obliged to take: cc5 has approximately 75-80 vehicles-guns, my mod 98. About Berlin I use winXP and battles crash rare times. I hope to made my battles as Berlin level. (But I must admit that XP or not XP GJS battles never crash) Regards Drizzt

P.S. Good holiday!

I will share you a secret when i am in this mode.If you open Battlegroups.Adb, move to the left and put number 5 in the line for the Russians :Commanders use all tactical plans.

Uhaa!

Mats

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehm..., maybe I don't understand well, but I think you would say: open battlegroups move to the right and write number 5 in tactics column? In this case I have already done it (not for all commanders). Anyway thanks again! Regards Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems this time I have resolved my problem about crash battles, here how: I have used the same positions of guns and aircrafts of GJS vehicles.adb, the objective was to have wreck comumns with "NONE" at the same position of GJS, in this way I don't know why battles works 90% of times. Yeah! Regards Drizzt

Sapa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Seems this time I have resolved my problem about crash battles, here how: I have used the same positions of guns and aircrafts of GJS vehicles.adb, the objective was to have wreck comumns with "NONE" at the same position of GJS, in this way I don't know why battles works 90% of times. Yeah! Regards Drizzt

Sounds really good! Smile

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Sapa, I have seen berlin vehicles.adb and I have noticed that you have done like me: the aircrafts and the few guns of your mod are in the same positions of GJS (and now of my mod). Maybe we can speak about a "general norm" now? Regards Drizzt

P.S You don't have noticed it ?!

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
I have used the standard CC5 Element file in the Berlin Mod

I stand corrected, thanks Sapa.

Grunt

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Hi, Sapa, I have seen berlin vehicles.adb and I have noticed that you have done like me: the aircrafts and the few guns of your mod are in the same positions of GJS (and now of my mod). Maybe we can speak about a "general norm" now? Regards Drizzt

P.S You don't have noticed it ?!

No, i havent noticed that before but now i know.Thankyou!

Mats

jagd_jar1

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:56 am Post subject: Khar Strat Map Reply with quote

Very nice!
It looks as if you have made your strat map after a player made Kharkov map from Panzer General Two. I can't begin to tell you how many hours I used to spend playing that game series. I think the PG2 icons make great BG Icons in CC5 a la Bloody Omaha.
I amlooking forward to your mod!

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jagd Jar1, but sincerly I think that my stratmap is not very nice (in PG2 yes, but in my mod is not well succeeded), I'm working to improve it: I think that as background I let it, but about 44 maps zone I'm working to insert pictures-maps of maps.mmm files. I will upload this new version and I will see comments before choose which stratmap let in the mod. Regards Drizzt

robg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Drizzt,
Are you still waitng for Stalingrad mod to release The Second Battle of Karkov ? Sad

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the latest on Karkov? We are all looking forward to it Very Happy

HistoryTeaches

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

yea my tanks need a new paint with russian blood and the ones in stalingrad and berlin are not enough Twisted Evil

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, seems that finally I have resolved my problems of "stuttering and freeze" playing CC5 mods: was hardware problem: motherboard. I have re-worked some files cause I had lost some of them some months ago. The mod is now in a beta-testing phase, but I must change also 2-3 maps. I hope to release it in a month or two.
Sorry for no news in this months but after the loss of some files of my mod I was not sure if I wanted re-done them or not (but I do it!), also I can't play the mods (not now, I mean for some months ago cause the motherboard hardware problem): this had meant less interest in CCmods, so I don't knew what write: the mod is dead, freeze, abandoned? But now I can say that the mod is alive and has almost finished.

Regards, Drizzt

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on Drizzt, great news man Very Happy

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Drizzt;
I read all Posts in this topic.Reading your conversation with "Dima" and Other
has so much pleasure Smile But I want tell you my Opinion.
I am a 22 years old Iranian war gamer,And there are too many WWII strategic games.But I chose "Close Combat series" (Now CCV mostly) Beacuse:
1st The game is authenticly rebuild a close combat Battle(ONLY Close close combat battles) more than ohter strategic games.
2nd These games are historically acurate and should say who I learn many
things of CC series(Like number of divisions in an Ops and name and quality of
each units & ...). So try your mod to be historically acurrate Not to be balanced by the cost of losing historicall authencity.
excuse me Drizzt,You are creature of this mod so you must decide,but
I only wanted to say my opnin.

We are waiting for your mod,Good luck.

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pzt Kami, don't worry, I have worked my mod to be historically correct with Dima help in past, he has helped me to identify vehicles and tanks in my mod timeline: the mod is well balanced simply because this phase of war was historically well balanced, I explain:
Russians had many men and tanks, but their strategy war was lesser good than germans. Germans had infantry more strong in equipment and well supported by guns, but not panthers or tigers in this period and T-34 was really good. This battle becamed a disaster for russians for their strategy not good: in follow-on of the war they learnt and used the same strategies (of germans) against germans. For example encirclement by fast tank units. Regards Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Kharkov
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: