Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:32 pm Post subject: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Much work has been done, thank you. It is seen that the data edited seriously. But there are a few questions (until in the presence of unit):

1) Why is there no Lend-Lease armors (M4A2 Sherman, Churchill, M3 Lee, Matilda, Valentine, M3A1 Stuart) and vehicles (M17MGMC, M3A1 White Scout)?
2) For Germans - disappeared Light AA gun 3.7cm Flak37, Panzerturm Panther
3) For Russian - disappeared Bashnya T-34
4) What does the abbreviation RA (in Russian units)?
5) Why ISU-122 appeared in 1943?

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:24 am Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Hi Nikin

In answer to your questions:

Firstly there are a limited number of slots in the vehicles file.
To add a new vehicle, you must remove one.
(guns are also classed as vehicles and are in the vehicles file)

(1) Anglo American vehicles were removed so as to add more Russian vehicles.
If i wanted to play a game with Shermans, i would play the WestFront mod.

(2-3) The Ger Light AA gun 3.7cm Flak37, Panzerturm Panthe anf the Russian Bashnya T-34  and Pzr4 mineroller and many other vehicles/guns were removed to enable the addition of the many new vehicles/guns which are to numerous to list here.

(4) RA = Red Army

(5) ISU-122 appeared in 1943, because it started production mid/late 43 and to add game balance with the addition of Panthers to the German force pool.

Hope that satisfactorily answered your questions

cheers
AGS creator of the Der Ost Front mod

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Thanks for making this mod for CoI, ArmeeGruppeSud. It's the most popular for online play.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

nikin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers, but continue the discussion))

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
Firstly there are a limited number of slots in the vehicles file.
To add a new vehicle, you must remove one.
I know about this in relation to CC3. In COI the same? For some reason, I'm not surprised...

(1) Anglo American vehicles were removed so as to add more Russian vehicles.
Some statistics, comparison with pure COI (=RealRed):

Removed Russian vehicles:
M4A2 Sherman
Churchill
M3 Lee
PT-34 (Mine tral)
Matilda
Valentine
M3A1 Stuart
SU-76i
Trofeinaya Pantera
M-17
M3A1 Scout
Bashnya T-34
Universal carrier

Added Russian vehicles:
T-34/76 obr. 43
F-22 gun
107mm gun mod 1910/30
120mm mortar (added for both sides)

In total: removed - 13, added - 4
It is called "so as to add more Russian vehicles"???????

(4) RA = Red Army
Units are not marked as RA - from what army?

(5) ISU-122 appeared in 1943, because it started production mid/late 43 and to add game balance with the addition of Panthers to the German force pool.
ISU-122 - december 1943 - only prototype. Serial production - beginning 1944... In DOF2 they appears summer 1943 - Kursk. More than that - a modification ISU-122S with a gun D-25S (which is specified in the game) - the start of production - August 1944. Unlike the first gun A-19C, D-25S had a larger rate of fire.
Game balance does not need such crutches. Let's add a pair of Tigers to the Germans in 1941 to equalize the balance of the T-34 and KV?

While the appearance of 100mm gun BS-3 is historically true to move from summer 1943 to summer 1944 ...

PS I do not ask more specific questions.
But here for example Flame tank OT-34 - gun F-34 replaced by L-11. Why? This tank was never armed with L-11, as produced from 1942.
This armor and so was unhappy. Appears in the game only in 1943, although in reality he fought from the beginning of 1942. The crew in the game - 4, in reality - 3. OT-34/85 does not appear in the game at all (remember the joke about "add more Russian vehicles").
And now the gun is wrong ... It is not good so mock tank.

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:53 am Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

OK nikin, no need to get narky  Razz

You should adopt a more appreciative attitude like US Brake

Yes, lets continue the discussion

Before continuing, i must make it clear that i have never claimed perfection regarding historical accuraccy.
Only that DOF ist much more historically accurate than its predesessors (particularly CC3 & RR).

nikin wrote (View Post):
It is called "so as to add more Russian vehicles"???????
Now now,  don't get your knickers in a knot!

Sorry, i answered your post in a hurry, i shall rephrase my answer

(1) Anglo American vehicles were removed so as to add more Russian and German vehicles.

Happy???????

Now your questions in your 1st post appeared sensible, it is a shame that you did not keep up that standard
nikin wrote (View Post):
Units are not marked as RA - from what army?
As it appears that you are unable to work it out yourself, i shall spell it out for you.....

Units that have "Desant" prefix are the Russians Desant units

Units that have "Gv." prefix are the Russians Guards units

Units that have "RA" prefix are the regular Russians units (Regular Army units if you wish)

The "RA" was added so that all units had a prefix (now don't be a dufus and point out that i missed adding a prefix to KV-1obr.41

Out of the 1000s of people to download the mod, NOBODY ELSE found it confusing (except you).

Now for your next purile dummy spit
nikin wrote (View Post):
ISU-122 - december 1943 - only prototype. Serial production - beginning 1944... In DOF2 they appears summer 1943 - Kursk
well i must apologise on behalf of onwar.com because that was the site i sourced for AFV data:
http://www.onwar.com/tanks/ussr/data/isu122a.htm
This site was used because it was the site, that i found, with the most comprehensive database of WW2 German and Russian AFVs

nikin wrote (View Post):
Game balance does not need such crutches. Let's add a pair of Tigers to the Germans in 1941 to equalize the balance of the T-34 and KV?
Now your comparison is more like adding JS-3s to to 1943, than JSU-122s.
TIGERS were not even thought of in 1941, let alone being designed, whereas the JSU-122 was well underway in planning mid 1943.
To further highlight the foolishness of your ridiculous comparison, JSU-122s appearing in small numbers in 1943 would not make 5% of the impact that Tigers would have made in 1941.

On both counts your over-reaction is absurd.

nikin wrote (View Post):
While the appearance of 100mm gun BS-3 is historically true to move from summer 1943 to summer 1944 ...
About time you acknowledged just one of the many many historical accuracy based improvements over the RR mod.
Tigers appear in 1942 in RR. Yes their 1st action was near leningrad late in 1942, but they did not appear in battle in significant numbers until Operation Winter Storm in 1943.

RR has Panzerfaust 30s appearing from the beginning of 1943 which did not reach the Russian front until fall 43. They were added to DOF in small numbers in summer 43 in lieu of the earlier appearance of the Faustpatrone. Its not perfect, but much better than RR

Really, i thought somebody was more likely to complain about 2 SU-122s in winter 43 than 1 in JSU-122 in Summer 43  Confused

nikin wrote (View Post):
But here for example Flame tank OT-34 - gun F-34 replaced by L-11. Why? This tank was never armed with L-11, as produced from 1942.
hmm, not sure why i did that. Not that it makes much difference though. Its the flamethrower that gives that tank its real significance. Maybe it was to make it cheaper to buy, i cant remember.
nikin wrote (View Post):
This armor and so was unhappy. Appears in the game only in 1943, although in reality he fought from the beginning of 1942.
Actually you are very wrong, the OT-34 does appear in DOF from the beginning of 1942, it is only the Gv.OT-34 that does not appear until 1943!
nikin wrote (View Post):
The crew in the game - 4, in reality - 3.
At the time of DOF2's release i had found no data on the OT-34 so the crew number was left as it was in RR, complain to Ron Gretz

nikin wrote (View Post):
OT-34/85 does not appear in the game at all
The OT-34/85 was added to the data files for DOF3 about 3 years ago when i found this page http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaww2/weapons/afv_production.htm
Before i came across that page, i had never heard of the OT-34/85
If/when i ever get around to releasing DOF3/COI you can be sure the OT-34/85 will be there (at the expense of the T-20)

Now please delete you copy of DOF2 and make your own mod, just devote 1000 hours of your life to trying to please other petty nitpickers like yourself

cheers

AGS
________

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

nikin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:11 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Do not be offended, because I want to help))
I in principle do not play in the COI and its mods of the large number of new bugs, I wrote about it.
RealRed data are no good, I also wrote about this, but the answer probably will not.
DOF2 with more accurate data is of interest in his return to the fold of CC3.

(1) Anglo American vehicles were removed so as to add more Russian and German vehicles.
Happy???????
No. Lend-lease program was more than 13%! own production of tanks. We have Russian tanks, the amount of which was much less Shermans, Churchill and Valentine (an example of KV-2 T-28, KV-85, KV-8, IS-1). I see no reason to do so to them.

Regular Army units if you wish)
Well, it is accepted.

What we see on this page? Production Period Late 1943 - 1944. It's not summer 1943 (Kursk) and deliveries in the army only in 1944. Cannon is correct - A-19S, but not D-25S as in mod.
Tigers appear in 1942 in RR.
No, in RR they also appear winter 1943, I think it's normal.
Panzerfaust while not touching - the theme of difficult.
Actually you are very wrong, the OT-34 does appear in DOF from the beginning of 1942
Ok, ok. In the DOF is really a 1942 (I was referring to inaccuracies in the RR). So funniest that it is now wrong replaced the gun.
you can be sure the OT-34/85 will be there (at the expense of the T-20)
Here agree, T-20 - tractor above all, his appearance on the front line - the error.

There are many other unnecessary vehicles. For example a lot of new large-caliber guns. German - 12.8cm PaK 44, 15cm sFH 18/43, 12.8cm K-40 81/2, 10.5cm leFH-18, 15cm s.IG 33, Russian 106.7mm 1910/30.
1) That's all for the most part second-line weapons.
2) Wrong donate tank slots (in Vehicles) for this dubious weapons.
3) We still do not take into account all the howitzers and guns - especially a lot of them were in Russian.

Further, it is not clear why added 76.2mm F-22. According to its characteristics it corresponds exactly 76.2mm Zis-3.

Panther D and A do not differ (cosmetic changes). No problem can be combined in a modification of the D/A.

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:18 am Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

nikin wrote (View Post):
Do not be offended, because I want to help))
Ok, i apologise for the harsh nature of my previous reply.

Your previous reply appeared mocking in nature and i was annoyed because i found some of your comments irritating.

Maybe it is just misunderstanding caused by language and cultural factors.

Your English can be difficult to interpret. You are obviously Russian, or at least from the former Soviet Union (The nature of you're remarks and your style of English remind me of Dima). You obviously have access to more accurate information on Soviet equipment data than me.

Today i logged on to apologise for the hostile nature of my reply and i was expecting a negative response from you. So i was pleasantly surprised by your response

Now, back to the discussion
nikin wrote (View Post):
Lend-lease program was more than 13%! own production of tanks. We have Russian tanks, the amount of which was much less Shermans, Churchill and Valentine (an example of KV-2 T-28, KV-85, KV-8, IS-1). I see no reason to do so to them.
Yes, i do understand your point:
There were more each of: shermans, Churchills, Valentines, etc than of of KV-2 T-28, KV-85, KV-8, IS-1 etc actually used in battle. Your point is quite valid.
This a matter of personal taste for many. Many DOF players enjoy seeing more Russian built vehicles in the game, even if they are rare. Personally, i like it this way.
ArmeeGruppeSud wrote:
If i wanted to play a game with Shermans, i would play the WestFront mod
If it is important enough to somebody to have the lend-lease vehicles in the game, then they can make a LendLease submod of DOF removing the rare Russian built vehicles and replacing them with LL vehicles.
So, in short, i will not remove the rare Russian built vehicles and replace them with Anglo-Americans LL veciles in DOF3.

The solution for you is to make a submod, or find someone else who feels the same as you to do it for you.

However, I will make some small adjustments to DOF3.
Will remove ther JSU-122 from 1943  Wink
Will remove PzF30 from summer 1943  Smile
Will change OT-34's gun from L-11 to F-34  Wink

nikin wrote (View Post):
Cannon is correct - A-19S, but not D-25S as in mod
There were 2 ISU-122s early and late:
http://www.onwar.com/tanks/ussr/data/isu122b.htm
The Late model, which were more numerous, had the D-25 gun.
The single ISU-122 in DOF represents both.
2 reasons for this are:
(A) limited number of weapon slots negates room for seperate A-19S gun
(B) limited number of vehicle slots negates room for 2 seperate JSU-122 vehicles

nikin wrote (View Post):
Ok, ok. In the DOF is really a 1942 (I was referring to inaccuracies in the RR).
Ok, you did not specify that you were referring to RR, which caused misunderstanding.
nikin wrote (View Post):
Further, it is not clear why added 76.2mm F-22. According to its characteristics it corresponds exactly 76.2mm Zis-3
As from memory, the 76.2mm Zis-3 only began production in 1942 (correct me if i am wrong) so the F-22 was included as it was available from beginning of Barbarosa. The ZiS-3 also used more improved ammo giving better AP ability and also it had higher R.O.F. than F-22, therefore 3 significant differences, which justifies 2 different guns (source = battlefield.ru 6-7 years ago before site rebuild).

nikin wrote (View Post):
Panther D and A do not differ (cosmetic changes). No problem can be combined in a modification of the D/A
The differences are more than cosmetic, please review data:
http://afvdb.50megs.com/germany/pz5.html
http://www.onwar.com/tanks/germany/data/pantherd.htm
http://www.onwar.com/tanks/germany/data/panthera.htm
Panther A has a new turret
Front turret armor increased from 100mm to 110mm
Panther A turret traverse/rotation speed greatly improved from 60 seconds down to 15 seconds
This is why, in DOF, the Panther A is significantly more expensive than the Panther D

Modding is very time consuming.
You can spend hundreds of hours researching data on the net and not find everything you want to know.
You can spend hundreds of hours building campaign scenarios
You can spend hundreds of hours testing campaign scenarios
You can spend hundreds of hours rebuilding vehicle profiles for the vehicle file
You can spend hundreds of hours rebuilding weapon profiles for the weapons file
You can spend hundreds of hours rebuilding team profiles for the Ruteams/Geteams files
You can spend hundreds of hours editing vehicle graphics for graphics files
You can spend hundreds of hours editing weapon sounds for SFX. file
You can spend hundreds of hours doing many other things too
You can spend hundreds of ours testing the game to discover the limitations of the game's perameters in the CC3 engine.

CC3's game engine has many limitations, so what you can and can't do is very limited, it is very frustrating  Sad  Shocked
nikin wrote (View Post):
I want to help
That is appreciated, you can make suggestions about improvements regarding historical data, but i will not garantee that i will approve the changes.
nikin wrote (View Post):
There are many other unnecessary vehicles. For example a lot of new large-caliber guns. German - 12.8cm PaK 44, 15cm sFH 18/43, 12.8cm K-40 81/2, 10.5cm leFH-18, 15cm s.IG 33, Russian 106.7mm 1910/30.
1) That's all for the most part second-line weapons.
2) Wrong donate tank slots (in Vehicles) for this dubious weapons.
3) We still do not take into account all the howitzers and guns - especially a lot of them were in Russian.
There are many reasons why these guns were included, i do not have time, nor the inclanation to explain them all to you. Just accept that i and most of the DOF users are happy with their inclusion.
They will stay!

For the most part, i am happy with the data in DOF and so are the majority of players who have installed the DOF mod and i shall give one of them the last word:
US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Thanks for making this mod for CoI, ArmeeGruppeSud. It's the most popular for online play.
cheers

AGS

______

RIP

nikin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

The matter in the following. I was outraged by the gross errors in the RealRed (=official COI). http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9047

I tried to find a more historically accurate Ost front mod. DOF2 at first glance looked like a good idea. Not all true but you can see that worked on it.

There was a question to remove the Lend-Lease and captured vehicles. Which is almost replaced by the German heavy artillery. Such changes are usually justified. I have not found the answer in the readme. Ask a question here - I also did not get definite answer. Place of origin of these tanks is irrelevant in this case. It is important that they fought side by side with T-34 and others.

For this reason, I can not evaluate DOF2 as more accurate than other mods. Talk to other aspects I think unpromising.

Sincerely,
nikin

PS No need to misinterpret my words. I have never offered to replace rare Russian tanks.

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

nikin wrote (View Post):
The matter in the following. I was outraged by the gross errors in the RealRed (=official COI). http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9047  
Yes, i understand your feeling.
This is the reason i began modding CC3, because of the gross errors in historical accuracy in CC3
First annoyance was that there were more JS2s available than T34/85s!
nikin wrote (View Post):
There was a question to remove the Lend-Lease and captured vehicles. Which is almost replaced by the German heavy artillery.
That is an illusion in your mind.

Actually the LL and minerollers vehicles and T34 & PzV turrets, etc were replaced by extra models of PzIII, PzIV, PzV, PzVI, T34 etc etc

To be fair, RR included Russian field artilery pieces (152mm & 122mm), its only fair for the Germans to have some too :)

Please compare the RR vehicles.txt file with the DOF2 vehicles.txt file

the DOF 15cm s.IG replaced the RR 3.7cm FlaK
the DOF 15cm s.FH replaced the RR 5cm FlaK
the DOF 12.8cm PaK replaced the RR Panther Turret
the DOF 12.8cm FK replaced the RR 2.8cm s.PzB.41
the DOF 10.5cm le.FH replaced the RR 7.62 FK 296 (r)

So to say that DOF German artillery replaced the Lend Lease vehicles is totally wrong!
The DOF German artillery actually replaced RR German artilery!

the DOF Panther-D replaced the RR M4A2 Sherman
the DOF 76mm F-22 replaced the RR Valentine Mk III
the DOF TIGER H/E replaced the RR Churchill Mk IV
etc etc etc

nikin wrote (View Post):
Such changes are usually justified. I have not found the answer in the readme. Ask a question here - I also did not get definite answer. Place of origin of these tanks is irrelevant in this case. It is important that they fought side by side with T-34 and others.
Beleive me, i do understand you point of view, it is just my preference to omit the foreign vehicles. Like i said, feel free to make a submod with LL vehicles

May I suggest the best vehicle options to remove to make room for the inclusion of Anglo-American LL vehicles:
The 2 German AA tanks: Ostwind & Wirbelwind, the 2cm FlaK would be the 1st 3 to delete
other options could be some boring half tracks

nikin wrote (View Post):
For this reason, I can not evaluate DOF2 as more accurate than other mods. Talk to other aspects I think unpromising.
What you will find in DOF, is that the comparitive availabilities of vehciles is correct compared to production numbers. e.g the number of Tiger1s available during the game is about double that of Tiger2s, the number of Tiger1s available during the game is about one fifth (1/5) the amount of Panthers etc etc. This was very difficult to achieve given the availability progression system of CC3

nikin wrote (View Post):
No need to misinterpret my words. I have never offered to replace rare Russian tanks.
Lets look at your words
nikin wrote (View Post):
Lend-lease program was more than 13%! own production of tanks. We have Russian tanks, the amount of which was much less Shermans, Churchill and Valentine (an example of KV-2 T-28, KV-85, KV-8, IS-1). I see no reason to do so to them
Having difficulty in interpreting your version of the English language, it appeared that is what you were implying.

Lets try not to misunderstand each other.

cheers

AGS

________

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

nikin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:41 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

the DOF 15cm s.IG replaced the RR 3.7cm FlaK
the DOF 15cm s.FH replaced the RR 5cm FlaK
the DOF 12.8cm PaK replaced the RR Panther Turret
the DOF 12.8cm FK replaced the RR 2.8cm s.PzB.41
the DOF 10.5cm le.FH replaced the RR 7.62 FK 296 (r)

Even so, let me describe the delusional situation. Consider, for example, added in mod 12,8 cm PaK 44. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12.8_cm_Pak_44 - especially see photo
So:
1) The size of maps in the game does not exceed 520-600 meters, a distance fight is even smaller. This is a close combat. Now we proposed to remove from the game 2.8cm s.PzB.41 (useful arms by the way) and add to the forefront of the battle 12,8 cm PaK 44 (only one whose weight is >10 000 kg). That is, if the retreat these weapons will be lost.
2) The gun has (in DOF) a simple chassis. In reality, it was like the AA guns. -> Great height, complexity masking and traverse-360°.

Next start bullshit
3) Crew of the gun in the game - 5 members. Again, look: weight is >10 000 kg, shell weight - 28 kg, complex six-wheeled chassis, etc.
4) Crew can move gun (5 men, 10 000 kg, field conditions, complex chassis)!!!
PS Russian 100mm BS-3 also had the opportunity to move.
5) Masking gun like for example 3.7cm Pak (indicator - "cover" in the game)!!!
6) Gun can be hidden in any shelter (such as where to place the 3.7cm Pak) - house, bunker, etc.!!!
7) This was not enough. Added also gun 12.8cm FK-40. Information about this gun, I did not find in Wikipedia or anywhere else.

I think you smoked grass creating this mod Smile
Precisely because of this nonsense I'm not interested to discuss the differences between Panther D / A modifications.

the DOF TIGER H/E replaced the RR Churchill Mk IV

Nevertheless, a few words about command TIGER H/E. This example shows the relationship to historical accuracy. Particularly illustrative example because it is pointed out in Readmy as ADDED armor in DOF2.
Indeed part of the tank converted into a commanding version. The main differences are:
1) To install the radios dismantled coaxial machine gun... -> DOF2: anything like that - coaxial machine gun in the same place.
2) Reduced gun ammunition from 92 to 66 rounds... -> DOF2: 'll laugh but nothing has changed - the same 92 rounds.

But what has changed in DOF2 for command Tiger?:
1) Added anti-aircraft gun. There is apparently setting the commander's turret similar to the Panther. That is meant Tiger late production (not only the command tank).
2) Changed the thickness of the turret frontal armor. No comment, I do not know where this nonsense.

Ha ha, you have it on your avatar  Smile

I apologize for my English I am translating with google.

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:50 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Oh my.. Surprised  you are an annoying and obnoxious little man.....

To begin my reply to you, i shall refer to some quotes:

Any fool can tear down, it takes wisdom to build.

It is far easier to criticise somebody's work, than to do a better job.

nikin wrote (View Post):
1) The size of maps in the game does not exceed 520-600 meters, a distance fight is even smaller. This is a close combat. Now we proposed to remove from the game 2.8cm s.PzB.41 (useful arms by the way) and add to the forefront of the battle 12,8 cm PaK 44 (only one whose weight is >10 000 kg).
Ok, 1st DOF has incorporated a balance between Historical accuracy and playability (stated in readme)
DOFreadme wrote:
DOF has an balanced mix of historical accurracy and playability
1st, nobody, except a total dweeb, or the stupid AI, would ever reqisition a 2.8cm s.PzB.41 in the game:
(a) because it is useless against the all the russian armour (except puny light tanks & HTs)
(b) an MG42/MG34 team is more effective against infantry and cheaper in RP
= inclusion of 2.8cm s.PzB.41 is a waste of a vehicle slot in the vehicles file
Playability includes the element of fun  Very Happy
for a game to be playable, it must be "fun"  Very Happy  Laughing  
12.8cm PaK  = "fun"  Very Happy
2.8cm s.PzB.41 = boring  Sad
999 out of 1,000 COI mod users prefer the inclusion of the 12.8cm PaK over the 2.8cm s.PzB.41!
YOU are the exception  Wink

nikin wrote (View Post):
That is, if the retreat these weapons will be lost.
Because there are no towing vehciles (or horses) accompanying any guns, this applies to ALL artilerry in CC3/COI, regardless of which mod.  Razz

Please direct your complaint to the develpopers >>>>>>>>

nikin wrote (View Post):
(2) The gun has (in DOF) a simple chassis. In reality, it was like the AA guns. -> Great height, complexity masking and traverse-360°.
Please make a more accurate graphic and send it to me, i will be happy to include it. At the time i did not have a good picture of PaK 44 and just improvised  Smile
nikin wrote (View Post):
Next start bullshit
Yes here it comes:
nikin wrote (View Post):
3) Crew of the gun in the game - 5 members. Again, look: weight is >10 000 kg, shell weight - 28 kg, complex six-wheeled chassis, etc.
Yes, i agree this comes under the catorgory of CC3/COIGEL = CC3/COI Game Engine Limitations
add more than 5 men and they appear infront of gun, not behind (not a good look)

In original game, no guns (except the 85 and 88mm AA guns) had a crew of more than 5
In reality, even the 7.5cm Pak 40 usually had a crew of 8! (iirc)

nikin wrote (View Post):
6) Gun can be hidden in any shelter (such as where to place the 3.7cm Pak) - house, bunker, etc.!!!
Answer = COIGEL
Basically room sizes either are, nothing fits, or, one size fits all

nikin wrote (View Post):
7) This was not enough. Added also gun 12.8cm FK-40. Information about this gun, I did not find in Wikipedia or anywhere else.
http://www.wwiivehicles.com/germany/guns/128-mm.asp
http://books.google.com.au/books?id=b3W1tiuHzcoC&pg=PA382&lpg=PA382&dq=german+artillery+12.8cm+FK-40&source=bl&ots=r6WWQuJ7ty&sig=khjB92quT-aqw-af4Y098GZVDQI&hl=en&ei=EUdPTra0Bu3ymAWGyZzqBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&sqi=2&ved=0CFsQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=35&ved=0CDUQFjAEOB4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsztarbala.com%2F%3Fpage_id%3D5&ei=tUpPTouxNcTwmAX5qY3CBg&usg=AFQjCNFVxl_WWVDuUeuA9fjK36UF1aybQQ
The 12.8cm L/61 K-40 based on the 12.8cm FlaK, was built in limited numbers, it was used in the Sturer Emil

nikin wrote (View Post):
I'm not interested to discuss the differences between Panther D / A modifications.
That is because you were totally wrong about that. The differences between D and A are just as significant as between A and G, and just as significant as diferences between T-34-41 and and T-34-42, and as just significant as diferences between Pz III-J and L,  and as just significant as diferences between Pz IV-G, H and J

Re. the TIGER H/E it was only able to be included in late 1943. Since both Wm & SS tigers were already using the Pz VI-E and as usual not enough slots (Geteams.txt) for both versions.
Having tank with AA mgs was desireable for Kommand taks (playability issue)
DOFreadme wrote:
DOF has an balanced mix of historical accurracy and playability
Actually i dont have time to waste explaining every detail to you. Every minute wasted on you,(an insatiable pain in the rump) is one minute less spent actuallly making progress in finishing DOF3 which will make 1,000s happy.

You seam to have plenty of time, you should start making a mod to satisfy your own personal criteria.
Before you criticise anybody else's modding work again, be sure that you have earned the right by completing a major modification project,
Actually, I NEVER critisized anybody's mod's, i just began modding and make the improvements myself

It is far easier to criticise somebody's work, than to do a better job  Rolling Eyes

It takes wisdom to build, Any fool can tear down  Rolling Eyes

Having given you more answers than you deserve, i'm not interested in any further discussion with you until after the release of your CC3/COI mod

cheers

AGS

_____

RIP

nikin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:15 am Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Hmm. What I do not see here - the answers to my simple questions.
Though. The main question I saw the answer - the main thing in DOF2 "fun" and "look good". Readme lie - to the historical accurracy this mod has no any relation.
1st, nobody, except a total dweeb, or the stupid AI, would ever reqisition a 2.8cm s.PzB.41 in the game:
(a) because it is useless against the all the russian armour (except puny light tanks & HTs)
But there is a SdKfz 250/11 s.PzB.41 SPW with the same gun. It seems much more "mass, necessary, playable, fun weapon". And by the way I do not see much "fun" with the gun 12.8cm.
In original game, no guns (except the 85 and 88mm AA guns) had a crew of more than 5
False. 100mm BS-3 and 152mm IG had a crew 6.
nikin wrote (View Post):
Answer = COIGEL
Nonsense. Look COI/CC3 RR. A few options:
1) Guns 20-88mm (excluding 50, 85, 88mm AA)- you can hide anywhere (houses, bunkers), where permitted. Can move.
2) 122mm IG - you can not hide in the same shelter (except large buildings). Can move.
3) 50, 85, 88mm AA, 100mm BS-3, 152mm IG - you can not hide in the same shelter (except large buildings). Do not move.

In your interpretation of the 128mm gun - able to take shelter in small buildings and moving. No comments.

The 12.8cm L/61 K-40 based on the 12.8cm FlaK, was built in limited numbers, it was used in the Sturer Emil
Indeed 12.8 cm FlaK 40 mounted on Sturer Emil (named 12.8 cm K 40 L/61). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturer_Emil . Here are just a field version of this gun - the fruit of your imagination.

That is because you were totally wrong about that. The differences between D and A are just as significant as between A and G...
You claim that the thickness of the Panther turret frontal armor increased by 10 mm (D->A mod). Now look at your link http://afvdb.50megs.com/germany/pz5.html : frontal armor turret D - 100mm, A - 100mm. It makes no sense to answer to you - you refute your words.

About balderdash with command Tiger H/E I received no answer at all...

Yours sincerely,
nikin

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:35 am Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

G'day P.I.T.A.
nikin wrote (View Post):
You claim that the thickness of the Panther turret frontal armor increased by 10 mm (D->A mod). Now look at your link
WRONG!
http://www.onwar.com/tanks/germany/data/pantherd.htm
http://www.onwar.com/tanks/germany/data/panthera.htm
All armor profiles were sourced from www.onwar.com
This site was used because it was the site, that i found, with the most comprehensive database of WW2 German and Russian AFVs
afvdb.50megs.com was used only regarding turret rotation speeds because it was the only site that had data on turret rotation speeds.  Smile

nikin wrote (View Post):
WRONG! yet again, the original game is CC3, not COI, furthermore, there is NO 100mm BS-3 or 152mm IG in the original game[/b].

nikin wrote (View Post):
Hmm. What I do not see here - the answers to my simple questions.
Though. The main question I saw the answer - the main thing in DOF2 "fun" and "look good". Readme lie - to the historical accurracy this mod has no any relation.
But there is a SdKfz 250/11 s.PzB.41 SPW with the same gun. It seems much more "mass, necessary, playable, fun weapon". And by the way I do not see much "fun" with the gun 12.8cm.
nikin wrote (View Post):
Answer = COIGEL
Nonsense. Look COI/CC3 RR. A few options:
1) Guns 20-88mm (excluding 50, 85, 88mm AA)- you can hide anywhere (houses, bunkers), where permitted. Can move.
2) 122mm IG - you can not hide in the same shelter (except large buildings). Can move.
3) 50, 85, 88mm AA, 100mm BS-3, 152mm IG - you can not hide in the same shelter (except large buildings). Do not move.

In your interpretation of the 128mm gun - able to take shelter in small buildings and moving. No comments.

Indeed 12.8 cm FlaK 40 mounted on Sturer Emil (named 12.8 cm K 40 L/61). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturer_Emil . Here are just a field version of this gun - [b]the fruit of your imagination.

That is because you were totally wrong about that. The differences between D and A are just as significant as between A and G...
You claim that the thickness of the Panther turret frontal armor increased by 10 mm (D->A mod). Now look at your link http://afvdb.50megs.com/germany/pz5.html : frontal armor turret D - 100mm, A - 100mm. It makes no sense to answer to you - you refute your words.

About balderdash with command Tiger H/E I received no answer at all...

Yours sincerely,
nikin
Actually i dont have time to waste explaining every detail to you. Every minute wasted on you,(an insatiable pain in the rump) is one minute less spent actuallly making progress in finishing DOF3 which will make 1,000s happy.
You seem to have plenty of time, you should start making a mod to satisfy your own personal criteria.
Before you criticise anybody else's modding work again, be sure that you have earned the right by completing a major modification project
Actually, I NEVER critisized anybody's mod's, i just began modding and make the improvements myself
It is far easier to criticise somebody's work, than to do a better job   Rolling Eyes
It takes wisdom to build, Any fool can tear down  Rolling Eyes
Having given you more answers than you deserve, i'm not interested in any further discussion with you until after the release of your CC3/COI mod
You still have not completed a mod   Rolling Eyes
cheers

AGS

_____

RIP

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:14 am Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

AGS-

Thanks for the great Der Ost Front Mod. In my opinion, it's the best COI mod out there-

Without a doubt, it is excellent for Head-to-Head gaming-

I don't believe Nikin was 'trying to help.'

------------------------------------------------------

If you don't like a mod out there, either don't play it or make your own damn it

Twisted Evil

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:57 am Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Hehe, that's alot of Troll-o-lo Smile. Let me add some!

Quote:
While the appearance of 100mm gun BS-3 is historically true to move from summer 1943 to summer 1944

fall of 1944 ;)

Quote:
TIGERS were not even thought of in 1941, let alone being designed, whereas the JSU-122 was well underway in planning mid 1943.

they were, the competition for heavy tank started right after the French campaign Smile.

Quote:
To further highlight the foolishness of your ridiculous comparison, JSU-122s appearing in small numbers in 1943 would not make 5% of the impact that Tigers would have made in 1941

it didn't :)

Quote:
No, in RR they also appear winter 1943, I think it's normal

nah, they should appear in fall of 1942 Wink.

Quote:
Further, it is not clear why added 76.2mm F-22. According to its characteristics it corresponds exactly 76.2mm Zis-3.

that was totally different gun! so, it is great that AGS added that in par with ZIS-3.

Quote:
Panther D and A do not differ (cosmetic changes). No problem can be combined in a modification of the D/A.

wanna bet?

Quote:
Your English can be difficult to interpret. You are obviously Russian, or at least from the former Soviet Union (The nature of you're remarks and your style of English remind me of Dima).

all the Russians are same, aren't they? ;)

lol, wanted to help but the guy is trolling in bad way  Wink. he reminds me myself when i started modding Smile.

anyway, AGS, that;s not a thread about DOF2 mistakes - just ignore it - don't feed a troll Wink.

btw, this thread has shown how much research you have done for this mod, thank you for supporting CC on high level, mate.

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

G'day DIMA ol' mate

Dima wrote (View Post):
fall of 1944 Wink
100mm gun BS-3 is in summer 1944 for gameplay issues  Wink

Quote:
Dima wrote (View Post):
Yes, you are correct. 1st Tiger1 action: September 1942 near Leningrad.
There were very few significant TIGER actions in 1942.
My main reason for holding the TIGER's appearance in DOF until winter 1943 was to keep them out of the Stalingrad OPs where they were never historically deployed  Smile

Quote:
Your English can be difficult to interpret. You are obviously Russian, or at least from the former Soviet Union (The nature of you're remarks and your style of English remind me of Dima).
Dima wrote (View Post):
all the Russians are same, aren't they? Wink
Laughing  LOL  Laughing

Dima wrote (View Post):
lol, wanted to help but the guy is trolling in bad way  Wink. he reminds me myself when i started modding Smile.
LOL, yes, i think you may have trolled me once or twice at CSO  Wink

It is good to see you have matured into a wise and well respected modder  Cool

Dima wrote (View Post):
anyway, AGS, that;s not a thread about DOF2 mistakes - just ignore it - don't feed a troll Wink.
Good advice comrade

Dima wrote (View Post):
btw, this thread has shown how much research you have done for this mod, thank you for supporting CC on high level, mate.
Yes, googlesearch got a good workout during research for DOF. Even just to find suitable names for Victory locations on the CampOPs maps.
Originally i began modding just for myself and my local H2H mates. I released DOF to the community as my way of showing gratitude for all the resources it provided (maps etc) which had made DOF possible.

Thanks for your moral support mate

May the stats be with you

cheers

AGS

_____

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:08 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

I AGS just want to say that DOF2 is the best cc3/COI mod ever created thanks so much for your work and dont botherabout the Troll  Wink

nikin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
While the appearance of 100mm gun BS-3 is historically true to move from summer 1943 to summer 1944

fall of 1944 Wink

BS-3 entered service in May 1944. Immediately put into production. Do you really think that she reached the front more than three months?

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

In Russian it reads like this: you farted in a puddle. For a start look at their numbers and that it was called "combat testing".
Based on your writings, we should have a tiger in Stalingrad?
And in addition you made a mistake with the date. Really - summer 1942.

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

that was totally different gun! so, it is great that AGS added that in par with ZIS-3.

I admitted that guns are different. All the same gun F-22 is not needed in Close Combat 3 (for russian). I will not explain. You are not worthy.

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

wanna bet?

Found that the modifications differ in rate of rotation of the turret.
Want to add?

PS Before you write anything bad to carefully read the topic. For now, you look like a troll.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:31 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

Quote:
BS-3 entered service in May 1944. Immediately put into production.

As 100mm was a Naval caliber in USSR, there weren't 100mm AP shells in number till October 1944 thus no BS-3 in units - simple as most of the most complicated things in life Wink.

Quote:
Do you really think that she reached the front more than three months?

Please provide report of BS-3 in action or that it was at least listed in units before fall 1944 Smile.

Quote:
In Russian it reads like this: you farted in a puddle.

obviously, you have heard this phrase so many times that learned it by heart Smile.
I will mark it by (1) if you don't mind Wink.

Quote:
For a start look at their numbers and that it was called "combat testing".

at least 10 by October 30th - so did they appear or not in fall 1942?

Quote:
Based on your writings, we should have a tiger in Stalingrad?

of cause it's a shame, but i can't prevent you making false conclusion basing on the correct information i post Sad.

Quote:
And in addition you made a mistake with the date. Really - summer 1942.

sure, August 29th was still summer, but only 4 arrived that date and they didn't see much combat till fall 1942.
so please go back to (1).

Quote:
I admitted that guns are different. All the same gun F-22 is not needed in Close Combat 3 (for russian). I will not explain. You are not worthy.

ok, then please go back to (1).

Quote:
Found that the modifications differ in rate of rotation of the turret.

not good reason for you?
then please go back to (1).

Quote:
Want to add?

i don't want spoiling your fun of self-education Smile.

Quote:
PS Before you write anything bad to carefully read the topic. For now, you look like a troll

iam worse - i troll trolls Wink.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:59 am Post subject: Re: Questions about mod DOF2 Reply with quote

[quote} iam worse - i troll trolls Wink.[/quote]

hahahahahahahhahahahaha

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: