Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:27 pm Post subject: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

I want to know the players opinion on some modifications that facilitate the gameplay and others that make the game more difficult or more realist so we can maybe introduce them in the future Stalingrad mod.
First I was thinking to make on the stratmap layer different color lines (that delimit the individual maps) to help the players to know the quality of the deployement on the map he wants to attack. I know it can already be seen on the maps preview but it is not always relevant. So the separation lines could be painted in green for a good deployement area (good cover in buildings or vegetation) and red for a difficult deployement (flat and clear area).
On the other hand, work has already be done by the community to erase some features that make the game easier : removing of the timer or/and of the morale bars. I had also already read the fact that it could be better not to be able to see the VL status so it is impossible to know which ones are hold by your opponent (for the VL out of sight or not occupied by your own troops).
What do you think?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:02 pm Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

Manoi wrote (View Post):
I want to know the players opinion on some modifications that facilitate the gameplay and others that make the game more difficult or more realist so we can maybe introduce them in the future Stalingrad mod.
First I was thinking to make on the stratmap layer different color lines (that delimit the individual maps) to help the players to know the quality of the deployement on the map he wants to attack. I know it can already be seen on the maps preview but it is not always relevant. So the separation lines could be painted in green for a good deployement area (good cover in buildings or vegetation) and red for a difficult deployement (flat and clear area).
On the other hand, work has already be done by the community to erase some features that make the game easier : removing of the timer or/and of the morale bars. I had also already read the fact that it could be better not to be able to see the VL status so it is impossible to know which ones are hold by your opponent (for the VL out of sight or not occupied by your own troops).
What do you think?

Map borders would be great. Note which maps share a border but do not share a connection, or just create the connection.

Removing the timer, moral bar and VLs is not a good idea IMO. Removing them does not create a realistic fog of war. VLs are objectives, and its very common in real life for both sides to know which objectives (high ground, crossroads) should be captured. and your commander would give you a time to complete the mission.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

Will this 'new' Stalingrad feature night turns? if so this could be an advantage for the Russian player, as the thing that struck me from whatever book I have read about the battle was how the Russians used this 'cover of darkness' to retake objectives or mearly to exhaust their German foes.

This comes across especially when ones reads of the simple desire of the Landser for a nights rest from the constant noise, the sporadic shelling/mortaring and the flights of the small Russian bombers, all that contributed to this debilitating effect on the nerves.

Maybe also make it more likely for armour used in the rubble to 'lose' tracks....something like the effect in the WaR game, where tanks used off road stand a good chance of becoming immobilised due to poor terrain, which in turn can lead to their loss at the end of a game. This would I believe encourage players to be more careful of their armour in these situations.

Some nicely concealed and well protected AT gun positions on a few maps could also deter the German tanks from any bold moves, as I recall another Russian tactic was to 'seperate' the tanks from their supporting Infantry before dealing with them, with mines or close assualt.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

Manoi will your mod be designed for H2h play or for single player?

Manoi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:00 pm Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

thanks for your advice

here a sample of the color border feature

border 1 : good cover deployement for the upper map and poor deployement area for the bottom one
border 2 : good cover deployement for the 2 maps
border 3 : poor deployement areas for the 2 maps
border 4 : eventualy no connection

@ronson : there will be night turns (I must still discuss this with Dima but I was thinking one turn per day and per night) with more aerial support fot the russians during the night. I don't know if it is possible to change the rate of loss of cohesion but it would be interesting that the Russians squads who fight during the night lose less cohesion than their German counterparts.

the loss of tracks in rubble was already present in the first mod. I will care closely of the elements file. Each element will be checked and redefine in accordance to the graphics. Some explanation will be made in the future with real pictures to depict the elements used in the mod.

Trenches and dug out "bunkers" will be pretty common on every maps! ;)

@ buuface : The size of the maps will vary (big - medium - small) : I know that most people play single but that the best experience is h2h : we will try to make the game playable for the 2 ways playing it but it is sure that this mod will be more interesting in h2h.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

Manoi, the coloured map borders is certainly en excellent idea! In fact this could be an important feature of the stratmap. It will help decide where to move your BG. Other ideas such as removing morale bar, timer etc should not be further explored imho  Wink

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:48 am Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

Manoi wrote (View Post):
I don't know if it is possible to change the rate of loss of cohesion but it would be interesting that the Russians squads who fight during the night lose less cohesion than their German counterparts.

You can change cohesion and fatigue rates for combat and movement but not for night or the sides unfortunately...

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:26 am Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

I have to disagree with Mooxe on the counter and Moral bars,I've been enjoying not having them the past few days.
Makes me realize now how much I watched them and how much my tactics were dictated by them.

The colored strat map line is a pretty good idea,I never thought of that.
I've messed around with the .OVM's to try and find a way to depict that just never came up with anything good.

I'd like to see the Red Dot that displays Mines on the .OVM removed.
Might not do much in the long run when playing but initially it does through one off track.
(as long as the map doesn't depict mines with that little hump of ground.)

I also like hidden bunkers/MGgun pits hidden foxholes in the ground,the ones you can't see until troops go over or in,I believe they used the ground cover as the .rfm
If you were doing any new maps with lots of rubble this could have a huge impact on the game.

Made the Mod very hard for me to play and no one liked it (even me) but the removal of tracers in Bloody Omaha really kicked my arse.

I hope the Mod is both H2H and for playing against the A.I.
I haven't got it set in stone yet but I was looking at the prospect or adding TT's sub-plugins to WAR by possibly renaming the files he edited.
So Line VS Line would be for H2H and each time you moved the slider the Data and the FP would change.
So lets say the Line for the  Panzergrenadiere has realistic data and the Recruit (maybe it's named R'Panzergrenadiere) would be over the top.Maybe you change them from 7or 8 men teams to 10 men teams (Although the game can't properly depict 10 men teams in several places)
Could do the same for Weapons/Tanks/Guns as well.

No need for additional plugins and maybe provide some excitement when say mooxe plays my 15 year old son who's never played (Know what I mean?)

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

I think 1 turn per day and 1 per night would be too much night, I'd rather see 2 day 1 night, which is a more realistic ratio I think. I like the border colours. Cohesion loss during night is also an advanced option, I like it.
How about the supply lines? Can the Russians maybe resupply a little during night time, to represent maybe smuggling through town?

Looking forward to the mod.

Manoi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:31 am Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):
I think 1 turn per day and 1 per night would be too much night, I'd rather see 2 day 1 night, which is a more realistic ratio I think. I like the border colours. Cohesion loss during night is also an advanced option, I like it.
How about the supply lines? Can the Russians maybe resupply a little during night time, to represent maybe smuggling through town?

Looking forward to the mod.

Thanks for your advices. I think that your are right for the number of turns per day (3 per day seems realistic : night, morning and afternoon). A pitty we can not mod the cohesion for each side separately.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: Your opinion for some features Reply with quote

Quote:
A pitty we can not mod the cohesion for each side separately.

Agreed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: