Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign
[quote="chessmaster";p="61717"]looks great ! well done !!
[u]a few notes:[/u]
- Maybe there should also be a more intensive campaign.. (like the inland campaign in GJS) thats starts after 2 days of fighting? I find the first day very boring, because it deals with moving up the allied troops. I understand that this aspect of not waisting any time is important. But maybe a historical after 2 days of fighting would be more interesting for players who want to have more intense experience. When some german units arrive.
- Indeed make the mortar less effective BUT also make the guns stronger to withstand the mortars as well, a 50 - 60 percent chance of taking them out would be great.
- Would be interesting if you had A choice to take a static bg with you or not when a mobile german battlegroup passes a long, it would improve strategy for the german side.
- Would it be possible to split up groups ? That would be a good thing for the whole game. Even splitting up a very big bg in to 3 very small bg s.. would be very interesting. How exactly the split up would be I leave to you guys.
- Is it me or does the AD-HOC infantry only show up in the battegroup-roster when every other unit for example ersatz, zugtrupp,.. in the roster is taken up in the active roster or dead. For example I had a bg that has fought a lot.. and it had lost several whole units to to lose because the soldiers of that particular unit were disbanded to the back of the bg because only 50 percent of the unit was alive. There were at least 20 men send back to the back of the bg.. that makes up for 5 or 4 units of ad hoc... but they seem to be only available when other units are almost out of the picture..
- I assume there is Ad-hoc infantry for the allied? Never came to the point, that I had a lot of losses, so i don t know. Would be interesting for the arnhem sector.
- What about capturing abondened tanks, guns, jeeps, howitzers, flak guns or even mortars that are left behind? That is a feature I am waiting on for a very long time now. Would be amazing to have a price in your battlegroup roster to use by ad hoc infantry as an active unit. for example if a tiger is captured, but because your ad hoc infantry does not really had any training with the tank the units starts with no training when you allocate it for a battle. But if you for example lost a tank in the previous battle but the crew survived they would be better at handling the tank and the tank starts at a better experience level!
Thanks for the feedback fella's!
If I can help with anything just ask.[/quote]
Dima reworked the mortars for me and now they are back in the game! Thankyou Dima!
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign
like lemonman said......im not holding my breath for matrix to fix the crashes and other issues still out standing. matrix = joke. i gave up on LSA and started playing GJS again in the hopes that after all this time matrix would have fixed more stuff wrong with LSA......but of course they havent. surprise.
WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign
You can walk through walls, but I think there is already a mod for that. I've not had too many crash problems, but the time or two I've hit one basically halts the campaign. The supply problems are a bigger issue for me. Supply flows over destroyed bridges, including the material to fix bridges. Have 3 bridges destroyed? Just keep a link open and they will all repair at the same time. Supposedly a patch is in the works, but there has not been any news about it in long enough that I'm not convinced that it is actually coming.
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign
The beta patch http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3060830 that came out March 14/2012, after the posts above in this thread, fixed most issues. There are a couple outstanding bugs that have been mentioned in the Matrix forum that they said would be fixed in the non beta/official patch.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited
and found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some
of the great Close Combat mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank
all the members of our volunteer staff that have helped over
the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!