Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author

Historical Accuracy or Game Play?
I like the game to be Historically Accurate
62%
 62%  [ 31 ]
I care more about Game Play
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 50

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):
1. Buy PitF
2. Try that tactic as the Americans vs MG42s.
3. Blame Stwa for the defeat
Stwa. Are you the reason no one plays CCMT?

ahh, no promotion for unsupported platrforms? Wink

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
1. Buy PitF

I guess you don't have PitF?

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
1. Buy PitF

I guess you don't have PitF?

bad guess Smile

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:00 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

You know what, I'm going to open another thread about this rather than disrupt this thread anymore. -TheImperatorKnight

So, I guess you lied.  Idea  Laughing

Here you are again, doing what you do best - TROLLING.  Laughing

And since you are here again, answer this basic question.  Arrow

Based on the battles I presented and what is stated in the CCM Workbook, is the combat accurate or NOT. Question

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Attention NOOBS for a very important announcement  Arrow

The WW2 mod for CCMT I am using was made by Senior Drill. It is called CC5 in CCMT, and is available for free at the Matrix Site for downlaod. So if you see anything peculiar, blame Senior Drill not moi.

But WTF, really, don't blame him either.  Idea

Soldiers run much slower in REG CCMT. Shaun Wallace was very proud of that detail.

I love CCMT. It is simply the best CC game ever, and I would implore all NOOBS to consider a purchase.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:18 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

Soldiers run much slower in REG CCMT. Shaun Wallace was very proud of that detail. .

Why is is that?
Stwa wrote (View Post):

I love CCMT. It is simply the best CC game ever, and I would implore all NOOBS to consider a purchase

May i ask why that is? Im thinking of buying some of the new Close Combats.
Added: I have seen a video on youtube. It looks like the same fundamental game.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:37 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

OK, but I thought you were CSO, or do I have you confused with someone else?

I just know about the soldier thing from some of his posts. I didn't know him personally.

But the foot soldiers in CCMT overall could be heavier, body armor, light machine guns, double armed guys that carry a Javelin or SRAW, but also an M4. And I believe he thought the slower speads much more realistic. On big maps, it makes you really wan't to put them in a APC, otherwise it takes forever for them to go from one place to another.

But, on my system, if you don't black-line the soldiers, or use the smaller soldier mods, they are smaller (fewer pixels), and therefore they move faster.

Then, if you replace the CCMT EXE file with the one that came with CC2 Redux (a FREE download from Matrix), it speeds the soldiers back up some, because (I think), it was meant for WW2 actually.

If you have some other ideas on this, please share.

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:49 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

CCMT is fundamentally the same game as the others in the series.

But it has many more features than the other games, including PitF.

The only thing it lacks is a campaign game, which I think is the weakest link of the system, and therefore is not missed by moi.

But, if you don't like designing your own missions, or if you MUST have a campaign game, then don't get it because you won't be happy.

Also, remember that map size makes an incredible difference in how the AI reacts to things.

A 30x30 map has 4 time the area of a 15x15 map (ideal for WW2 battles). To make the AI foolishly move around and become visible in the WW2 games, the other CC games usually use 16 VLs.

So, for a 30x30 map (4 times the area), you would need 64 VLs to get the same behavior out of the AI. Only problem is there is still a 16 VL limit, in CCMT. And ... this is very important ... you still only have 15 teams for Single Player!

Any map larger than 25x25, should probably be reserved for multiplayer only.

So, I currently use 30x30 maps with CCMT and against the AI, he stays down, and it is a game of finding them, flushing them out of their hiding spots, and shooting them. It is very dangerous. It is not like a pitched battle at all.

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:47 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
You know what, I'm going to open another thread about this rather than disrupt this thread anymore. -TheImperatorKnight

So, I guess you lied.  Idea  Laughing

Here you are again, doing what you do best - TROLLING.  Laughing

I did open a new thread to discuss tactics and strategies. Click here and please don't ruin that thread too.

Dima wrote:
bad guess Smile

My bad. I thought everyone here was against getting PitF due to the MP no Direct IP "problem".

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Back so soon! Yet ANOTHER disruption.  Confused

Me thinks you just have a compulsion to troll. It must be an addiction for you.

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:21 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

My bad. I thought everyone here was against getting PitF due to the MP no Direct IP "problem". -TIK

BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT [indicating wrong answer]  Laughing

Nope, I could care less about direct IP connect.  Laughing

I didn't get it because I was confused about The Foggy Gadget.  Arrow

The Foggy Gadget

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:34 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Quote:
My bad. I thought everyone here was against getting PitF due to the MP no Direct IP "problem".

actually I was playing PitF since early beta....

Last edited by Dima on Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:50 am Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Dima,

You gomered the quote thingy.  Laughing

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
My bad. I thought everyone here was against getting PitF due to the MP no Direct IP "problem". -TIK

BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT [indicating wrong answer]  Laughing

Nope, I could care less about direct IP connect.  Laughing

I didn't get it because I was confused about The Foggy Gadget.  Arrow

The Foggy Gadget

They've resolved that. There's a simple on/off switch in the options. You should get it for multiplayer (best CC multiplayer in my opinion) - but the single player is pretty bad due to AI not moving unless you attack it.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
My bad. I thought everyone here was against getting PitF due to the MP no Direct IP "problem".[/quote]
actually I was playing PitF since early beta....[/quote]

Oh. You play it often? What do you think about it?

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:35 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't play it anymore. Great potential but poor realisation.
TLD is the most finished CC version up to date.

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

They've resolved that.[The Foggy Gadget] There's a simple on/off switch in the options. You should get it for multiplayer (best CC multiplayer in my opinion) - but the single player is pretty bad due to AI not moving unless you attack it. -TIK

Sorry, but I disagree about the Foggy Gadget. Had you taken the link I provided, you would have found out why.  Arrow

The Foggy Gadget

Also, the condition of the AI not attacking on large maps was discussed by moi, on the previous page of this thread.  Exclamation

Sooo, I gotta agree with Dima on TLD.  Idea

ARE YOU READY TO RAMBOOOOOOOOOO Question   Arrow

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

I don't play it anymore. Great potential but poor realisation.
TLD is the most finished CC version up to date.

Really? What things didn't you like about it?
Didn't buy TLD because I have CC5 and was disappointed by LSA so can't comment on that. But would prefer to play PitF over LSA any day.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

If any new player is reading this, ignore what Stwa's saying. He's wrong. Here's why - Football is not war. What works on a football pitch, doesn't work in war. -TIK  

I wanted to respond to this a while ago and forgot all about it.

But, every coach I ever had, and I am sure most every coach my sons had, at some point in time described football as war.

There are lots of things in football that are analogous to war. For instance, football is game about deception. And war is all about deception.

I will spare everyone a complete dissertation, but I will suffice at just stating, perhaps it is an ethnicity thing. I am talking about American Football. Not the football were you dress up in cute shorts.  Laughing

But regarding ethnicity, my family originated in East Texas, and every male child from that family for over 150 years attended Texas A & M University. I and my son are the only exceptions. I attended Baylor University instead. Most of those that attended A & M eventually experienced actual combat at some time in their lives.

Texas A & M War Hymn

Link

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Accuracy or Game Play? Reply with quote

If you're compairing football (or Rugby as we call it's cousin in the UK) to ancient and medieval war, I'd say that's fine. But not modern war.

Try charging a bunch of blokes across a field, with machine guns firing at them... not a pretty sight!

Head on attacks are often encouraged in football. This tactic in war will get you into a lot of attritional battles that can only lead to unnecessary casualties.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: