Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Thanks for the AARs!  Cool

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:29 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

You are welcome, sir.  :)

Is a fun war with good players. Good games and good company.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:33 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Day 5, Afternoon... continued...

Wruff report..

Caen

vs Helmut.
Figuring that Helmut would load up that deploy area on our side of the river, I fixed our sites on that position.

Helmut deployed HT's and assault teams on our banks trying to charge into town.
They were wiped out.
My Piat team took care of both HT's. MG's cut down the infantry.

More teams were deployed in the area of the 2 story building which I had our guns fixed on (Howitzers and MMG). I just blew the hell out of that building for the entire battle.
A rifle team that I sent onto the south bridge leaves no doubt now that RD cannot deploy on the allied side of the river now.
RD is not allowed to deploy on our side of the river, per the water deploy rule,,,

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:36 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Day 5 continued...

mikwarleo report..

Villers vs RD Stiener

Piat powa! See before an after images 4 & 5 below.

Germans were concentrated around jivigny VL and looking to take houses on their side of the road. Positioned armoured car behind building near jivigny VL and MG team on other side to work any advancing infantry from both sides.

Tried sneaking my pait team up (image 1) on the first tank, I expected that if they were spotted he might try moving his tank on them or away in any even hopefully into LOS of my ATG or my piat to get a few free shots. Piat was spotted and he charged and infantry team at them and tried to move his tank away into LOS of my waiting ATG. I lost 1 piat guy, mortar and 2 infantry teams in building provided cover while tank was busy dealing with ATG. 2 side shots and tank died easy. My infantry moped up his infantry and 1 piat man survived to fight another day!

I knew this was his only tank in the area so used opportunity to bring armoured car up and started seriously harrasing his infantry knocking out 3 teams at least.

2nd tank came in to support and got eaten by piat man first shot. :)

I was on the counter attack when time ran out otherwise I'd have pushed him back.

A good day for allies overall:
2 snub-nosed mk4s and several german infantry teams down for loss of one allied rifle team. And held ground.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:18 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

With so many reports and screenshots combined in every post already on this page then lets forward to the next page in this thread.

Continued on page 3... > > >

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:19 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Continued on page 3... > > >

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:20 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

> > >

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:20 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

> >

Pzt_Wruff

... >

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:21 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

.. AAR's continued on next page > >

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:22 am Post subject: PZT VS RD, WAR 2011.. cont Reply with quote

PZT vs. RD, WAR 2011.

- Click on screenshots for full-size views.

Day 5, Afternoon. Continued..

Hanging on in Tourville another day in order to keep enemy forward units out of supply. Pzt forces out of fuel and outgunned vs the big cats here...

Pzt_Xlegione report...

Battle of Tourville (vs RD_vonUther)
The motto of the Brigade: They will not pass!

The units choosen:

The deployment:

The german attack was carried out in the town. The first hit was a success a panther destroyed! (in the trees behind church)

The germans made some progress but the price was expensive, another panther destroyed by piat team!

The final result, they got the center of the town, we lost some infantry units and 1 AT gun due to artillery barrage.

Another day is passed, Hurrà for the heroes of Tourville!

Ciao
Pzt_Xlegione

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:29 am; edited 4 times in total

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:39 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Wruff report...

Wrapping up day 5.

Battled RD_vonUther in the south, first in Troarn, and then Boise du Bavent.
Pzt forces out of supply on this map (Troarn), but occupying here in order to block the enemies supply line to Boise du Bavent (east) and slow down that 2nd enemy panther BG.

Troarn.

Our teams gave a good fight. No luck against their panzers though. Got a lot of shots off with my sherman in the center as well as a 6 pdr covering the area. Damaged 3 of his MKIV's, but just could not crack his luck today. The Germans brought everything they had on the center of town.
We lost 1 sherman, and also that 6 pdr that got the drop on his panzer and hit it 4 or 5 times before finally losing that duel.

Boise du Bavent..

Figured once again that they'd be pushing in the south towards Merville Batteries (a Pzt supply depot).
Set up a couple of ATG's to cover that path..

AT teams were getting good shots on the panthers, they just were not cracking today..

More enemy armor enters the fight. I move the 6 pdr into position and take out a HT.

My Humber which is supporting our infantry in the hedge-growth doesn't clear the area fast enough and eats it.
I am also moving my other Piat team around from the N/W (circled in green) to assist in harassing these stubborn Panthers..
Piat soldier stands and fires! Again though, no luck.

I must have fired off 5 or 6 piat shots on these panthers here today, but just could not get a kill shot. Did serve though in keeping the panthers second guessing themselves and greatly slowing any enemy advance.

Enemy gained a few yards, but not much, and now they are 3/4 out of supply here, so they should not be so mobile next round.

Strat is next...

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:12 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Day 6, Morning..

Battle of Caen

The deployment:

After a powerful barrage, the germans attacked the north bridge, HTs went forward aggressive.

The attack was stopped and 2 HTs burnt in the road.

The counter attack to re-get the VL was a success!

The final result

The est part of the town is still in our hands!

Ciao

Pzt_Xlegione

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:19 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

mikwarleo report...

Juvigny vs DeathDealer

I've managed to button this map down.

But first, +0.5 piat kills! Wink   - 2cm armoured car.

In short results for this battle:
Before..

After...

In more detail: I noticed setting up their weakness with regard to infantry, they had only ~27 teams total:

enemy bg

Focused predominately on exploiting this infantry weakness. I brought two mortar teams and pushed my defensive line well forward. Had great success wiping out 12 infantry teams for the loss of 4 of our own.

As important was the ground secured. With their current position and  infantry weakness I think it's now practically impossible for them to advance. This will become a junk yard for this BG if they don't disband and teleport it out of trouble (I wish this was not allowed).

AC had some side shots at a mk4 but no joy. Seems their 2 tanks were immo or I probably would have bagged one by ATG because I'm sure he wanted to bring them in to support his infantry.

They're now down to a mere 15 infantry teams remaining in this BG! One or two battles worth. Time to step up the PIAT terror campaign! Wink

X's indicate killed teams, red is enemy. I didn't lose any elites, one MG team which decided to move from perfect deploy into the open. And two standard rifle teams in my attempt to retake last VL.

mik

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Pzt_Xlegione report....

Battle of Tourville vs RD_VonUther

The deployment. Pzt forces out of fuel, attempting to hold on another round here vs the German Panthers.

The half track on the bridge was deployed in order to put an obstacle for the enemy panzers.

The barrage was not effective and didn't stop the attack on the right.

ATs in ambush on the right, ready to fire!

The luck was not on the our side this time, all ATs were discovered and destroyed by panzers and barrage.

The last counterattack..... one panther destroyed but was not enough...

The final result, the germans got the map....

The honor was saved... but not the ground.

Ciao

Pzt_Xlegione

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:32 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Day 6, continued...

Pzt_Wruff reports...

Battled Knights-X in Carp and then Troarn. Nothing happened. Germans appear content to simply hold position on these maps now, which I considered odd in the case of Troarn since our presence there halts any hope they may have for an effective advance in the south (in Bavent) with their 2nd panther BG.

Bavent is next, be careful there because I would expect them to attack, although they are nearly out of fuel in Bavent now. Watch the south corridor there towards Merville Batteries.

Wrapping up the morning of Day 6.

Boise du Bavent vs RD_Steiner.

The enemy still had 1/4 fuel, so I was cautious about mobile panthers, however if things were going our way then I wanted to counter-attack towards the enemy vl.

Deploy (eye on the assault team in the center)

Right from the start our assault team positioned under the wreck opened up on the enemy assault. Just so happened that they were right in the enemies chosen path, and our flame troop really let them have it. He even scared the hell out of his own squad who also cowered or broke at the site of this mad trooper killing the enemy.
While even he got scared at the sight of his own carnage, he soon snapped out of it and again opened up on the enemy with even more deadly flame.
With additional covering fire from our AC there the enemy assault was simply stopped in its tracks.

The enemy just kept coming and he just kept pouring fuel onto them.

Now the time was ripe for a counter assault. I pressed from all sides to divert enemy fire from our 2 teams charging in from the N/W behind the enemy line towards their sole VL which was guarded at the bunker by a mobile panther and HT and enemy squads.

Bavent is secure.

Overview...

Strat is next. Orders will be posted in the next 24 hours.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:14 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Day 6, Afternoon

Wruff report....

Did strat and battled RD_Deathdealer in Caen, and then in Cristot.

In Caen I destroyed 3 enemy HT's and 1 Jagdpanzer. Enemy made no advances. We lost nothing.

On to Cristot...

Enemy attacking up the middle towards the center VL and the center of town.

Enemy Tiger makes it into town. My VC Sherman and Command Sherman approach from the East and the West to engage the Tiger together.
Meanwhile, I counter-attack behind their line and charge their VL's...

The Tiger is destroyed...

Enemy rear VL's secured by our foot soldiers. The enemy is nearly routed, but they do just barely hold on to that last VL in the center...

* NOTE *

NEXT BATTLE IS JUVIGNY WHERE THE PANTHERS ARE NOW ATTACKING, AS EXPECTED.
They have many many panthers and this is their spearhead BG, so they will be attacking hard in Juvigny. Be prepared!

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Battle in Juvigny

Pzt_Wruff vs RD_Knights_X

Not a lot happened. I basically just kept them contained.

He finally exposed a Panther at times end and I killed it with the 17 pdr ATG positioned down past the road.

I lost an AC in a duel with a panther (lol), and 2 rifle teams lost (1 of them green).

Pzt_Wruff vs RD_VonUther

Villers

A bloody battle (always is with VonUther). I opened up their West flank.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:28 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Pzt_XLegione report...

Battle of Troarn vs RD_VonUther

The deployment

Heavy attack on the left side, piat team hit the panzer, other 2 armored units are burning.

On the right side the german infantry has been stopped by british soldiers in ambush.

The final result, 2 VL got by germans, but we are resisting .....

Ciao

Pzt_Xlegione

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:48 am Post subject: Re: Pzt.....war Reply with quote

Day 7, Afternoon

Pzt_Wruff report....

Battled vonUther in Cristot where the germans are reattacking up from Carpiquet.

They were gunning either for the nearest exit to go beyond Cristot (East), or they were gunning for the Tourville road to re-establish their supply line to Cristot (West). I defended both, with a reactionary force ready to engage if the enemy went for Tourville (their supply line) in the West.

Our Sherman and assault team took care of business in the center of town, while our 6pdr ATG got a good shot off on another Panzer as it tried to move into position...
Beautiful LOS.

Then the Germans made their move for the Tourville (supply) road.
I brought another rifle team into position for this defense, but was still pretty thin on this line.
Our Sherman lost out to the Panzer as the enemy called in an airstrike to support their infantry moving up the hill.
Our ATG waits to get a clean shot on the enemy Panzer and HT...

Panzer and HT crest the hill together and are greeted unpleasantly by our ATG..

The enemy assault is repelled..

This enemy panzer BG is out of fuel now in Cristot.
I was countering in the center to route them, but ran just short of time.

The Pzt homeland remains secure...

And that does it. RD surrenders.

Special thanks from Pzt to RD, another fun game with some of the finest and most honorable players in the world coming together once again for a great game of Close Combat.

Cheers,

Wruff

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: