Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
FMJ

Rep: 29
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 am Post subject: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

Hi David.
Thanks for all your work on GT.

Playing TLD GT 2.2 with the latest 55013 patch. Two different times on the GC playing St come du mont map I've had teams get stuck
either inside buildings, or seperated with some members inside and some outside the buildings. They keep saying "no clear path" and cannot move
for the rest of the time on the map. When separated from team they become winded from running around trying to re-unite with team. Bug?

Will try GT 2.1 and let you know if it occurs again. Thanks.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:19 am Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am not trying to speak for David or the GT mod, since I have not used it, because I don't have TLD.

But here are my observations of this phenom, from earlier versions of CCMT, if it helps.

Generally this condition can be affected by the map coding, and/or the elements table that you are using. The game code is probably partially responsible as well.

First, don't move fast when going in and out of buildings, unless you know there is a rather large "clear path".

Try, setting concise waypoints, that traverse through the doors (or perhaps windows), or any other obvious clear path through the structure.

If your team gets seperated, try issuing a defend or ambush order to the team. At least in CCMT the seperated members of the team, will generally stop moving fast, and will try to locate and re-join the team.

If this fails, then you will have to send the team back into the structure to collect the zeros who are inside but in a panic state or something. They will re-join when they see the leader, but then you may want to give them a rest for a few minutes.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:46 pm Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

does the GT 2.2 mod use the real walls elements txt?

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:26 pm Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

FMJ wrote (View Post):
Hi David.

Playing TLD GT 2.2 with the latest 55013 patch. Two different times on the GC playing St come du mont map I've had teams get stuck
either inside buildings, or seperated with some members inside and some outside the buildings. They keep saying "no clear path" and cannot move
for the rest of the time on the map. When separated from team they become winded from running around trying to re-unite with team. Bug?

Hi FMJ,
I noticed this too while playing the Carentan map, and only at specific locations (one or two).
I think there is two different types of things going on here ... so let's look at both, and then see if one relates to what you are referring too.

1. Team ordered to new location. After they arrive at new location, they won't obey any move command ... they just respond by saying "no clear path" or something like that.
It is my opinion that this is some kind of bug that is new with the latest Matrix patch. Sometimes if you just leave them for a while, they will end up responding to orders again.

2. A soldier gets separated from the team and seems to get stuck in a wall or something. If this happens you need to move the team back and collect him. Moving the team back with a new deployment point will help the stuck soldier select a new route back to the team.
This rarely happens, but can be nearly eliminated from happening by following the advice of Stwa. Thanks for posting Stwa

It's my opinion that, although having a soldier get separated on rare occasion is annoying ... it does somewhat simulate real life. For example ... a soldier may get separated from the team when moving through complex buildings, or get scared/tired and fall back

Also, I was just testing a revised Elements file last night that has all window levels coded the same as the ground level ... which results in team movements being more fluid, and less chance of separation. And so far didn't encounter the "no clear path" rant.
In my opinion, this revision adds to the quality of realism and game play ... so, I guess I'll add it in to a GT 2.3 version

Hi Manoi
Yes, GT 2.2 has Real Walls

thanks all, for your comments

Last edited by davidssfx on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

FMJ wrote (View Post):
Hi David.

Hi FMJ,
I've attached a new Elements file for you to try ... if you want
Just remove the old one and replace with this one ... it won't affect any saved games

Elements file is located at:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\DATA\BASE

give it a try and see if you have any "no clear path" ... I've tried it and haven't heard this yet with this new Elements.
So many it was GT related and not a Matrix bug?

New Elements file dated: 9/1/2011 8:40 AM

Elements.zip
 Description:
Elements file dated: 9/1/2011 8:40 AM
Unzip before installing

Download
 Filename:  Elements.zip
 Filesize:  6.78 KB
 Downloaded:  311 Time(s)

FMJ

Rep: 29
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips stwa, noted.

Thanks so much David-

Both examples you mentioned occured.
1. Engineer team set up in building on ambush refused to move at all, regardless of order movement type given.
2. Recon team with one soldier that left building, the 2 remaining behind stayed put while the one ran in circles tying
to rejoin but became winded.

In both cases neither team could or would move.

I will try the elements file. Do you recommend staying with GT 2.2 or using GT 2.1? Also curious if your sound mod v2.0 is appropriate
to use for GT 2.2 or 2.1? Thanks again for all your efforts and continuing to improve the game and community. Regards, fmj.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:00 pm Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

FMJ wrote (View Post):
Thanks for the tips stwa, noted.

Thanks so much David-

Both examples you mentioned occured.
1. Engineer team set up in building on ambush refused to move at all, regardless of order movement type given.
2. Recon team with one soldier that left building, the 2 remaining behind stayed put while the one ran in circles tying
to rejoin but became winded.

In both cases neither team could or would move.

I will try the elements file. Do you recommend staying with GT 2.2 or using GT 2.1? Also curious if your sound mod v2.0 is appropriate
to use for GT 2.2 or 2.1? Thanks again for all your efforts and continuing to improve the game and community. Regards, fmj.

Hi,
I've never seen a case where a soldier is separated, and the main team can't be commanded ... but I have seen a whole team fail to comply to orders, while at the same time insisting there is "no clear path". Perhaps the recon team was suffering from the same thing as the Engineer team, but the winded soldier hadn't quite caught up to the team when the new order was issued (and then refused).
Either way, Thanks for your input ... and please let me know how things work out with the newer file  Smile

Regarding what version to go with ...  always go with the latest, so GT2.2 is recommended. There is only a small overlay change from 2.1 to 2.2 ... so in this case it doesn't really matter. But usually there is more changes between versions.

Regarding the OnGroundFX sound mod; it's a separate sound mod that is an old version of the sounds that are now in GT2.2 ... so, there is no benefit to installing it if you already have GT installed.
... perhaps mooxe could just remove that sound mod to avoid confusion

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

Tested the new Elements file for a few hours, moving teams fast through complex routes in and around buildings ... the result was:
1. teams always obeyed commands, and no occurrence of "no clear path"
2. separated soldiers always rejoined team

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:36 am Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

Way to go Davidssfx!

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 am Post subject: Re: GT 2.2 "no clear path" possible bug? Reply with quote

Found a Schreck team stuck in a specific area of Bayeux during deployment
Changed walls to original move through values ... and problem fixed.

will be in 2.4

Thanks again for posting about this problem FMJ

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: