Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:31 pm Post subject: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

Been having an ongoing discussion at work about peoples rights to privacy and protecting your own privacy.

When I see people on Facebook or thier IPhones or similar things I mention how those sites and gadgets track everything you do. I say Facebook is the largest spy network on earth. FB tracks you and your friends and family across all websites you visit, specifically any site with a like button. You don't even have to be logged in for FB to know where you are going. The standard response to all this is, "I have nothing to hide". What you have to hide is only the tip of the iceberg. All that information is accessable by corperations, your government, and sometimes your governments allies. This information can be used for identity theft, insurance rates, mortgage rates and anything the government sees fit. Its hard to make people understand this.Which makes the issue at heart the power of the government to pry into your life. Even after explaining this the answer is still, "Who cares I have nothing to hide".

That is a very poor reason.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

Yea I agree about FB, I'm there but I pretty much just accept friend calls. I'm almost never on it.

And now your Google mail and Youtube accounts are linked I think, with no way of 'separating' them.

It's strange. On the one hand I believe that technology ought to help mankind, and on the other it looks like the Internet is just becoming this huge cloak over people's eyes and comprehension. Even worse then the telly ever was. I guess the net has helped with things like information searching when studying or something.

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Been having an ongoing discussion at work about peoples rights to privacy and protecting your own privacy.

When I see people on Facebook or thier IPhones or similar things I mention how those sites and gadgets track everything you do. I say Facebook is the largest spy network on earth. FB tracks you and your friends and family across all websites you visit, specifically any site with a like button. You don't even have to be logged in for FB to know where you are going. The standard response to all this is, "I have nothing to hide". What you have to hide is only the tip of the iceberg. All that information is accessable by corperations, your government, and sometimes your governments allies. This information can be used for identity theft, insurance rates, mortgage rates and anything the government sees fit. Its hard to make people understand this.Which makes the issue at heart the power of the government to pry into your life. Even after explaining this the answer is still, "Who cares I have nothing to hide".

That is a very poor reason.

FB. Twitter and alike clients are very large spy nets, but it is a mass espionage and can come into effect only when you are specifically targeted, or when some key words raise the flag.
Everytime after visiting Fagbook i clear all the history - cookies included. It will do the trick for the FB tracking your internet moves.
"I have nothing to hide." is a stupid reason. It is a matter of principle, if nothing else. Even if one is willing to diplay each and every personal info to the public, it still must be optional, and having or having not anything to hide makes no argument in this case.
Since a true patriot is always in dissent everyone who claims to be one must do everything to suppress the fascist creation called government. And it doesn't apply to fagbook only.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

....and case in point! Just found this story on www.slashdot.org.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/11/science/11predict.html?_r=4&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha26

"Government Aims to Build a ‘Data Eye in the Sky’"

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:54 am Post subject: Re: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

I look at FB and sometimes daily,sometimes not for months.

I don't respond much because it just seems stupid to me to post all things,all the time.

"Boy it's hot today"
"Going out to eat"
"I'm up early"

I just don't get it.

The Govt?
Their gonna do whatever they want whenever they want.
Always have,why should this be any different?

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 am Post subject: Re: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

Oh you had better believe it.  Our rights for even the most basics of privacy protection are very much under assault.   Today anyone for any reason can do a free web search or pay an investigator to do inquiry on a person and get all types of info.  Our personal info, medical records, buying habits, credit data, and everything else you can think of is tracked , sold and kept in data warehouses/archives for eternity.   The data might be physically removed from servers or hard drives.  However this data is only migrated to tapes or archive and is never actually deleted.  

I got a book called "The Numerati" that describes how even our computer online browsing data is collected by Yahoo and Google...allegedly collecting up to 2,500 details on an individual per month.  Glad I dumped Yahoo email and Hotmail is crap too.

Very good idea to start being proactive in protecting your privacy, rights and even your identity from criminals or abuse of Corporate/Govt power.  Re: tricks...
yes I have caught on to that.  Intentionally I enter wrong info or enter nothing at all because all of that data can be sold to who knows where.  It is bad enough someone can do a free web search and find your home address in a matter of seconds.  Not going to give these vultures any more info than I have to.  Maybe even change my name to throw them off course. lol

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

I don't have a fagbook account, I gave up on jewtube when they forced the google account thing.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:52 am Post subject: Re: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

Tell my wife and son that all the time about FB, yet they stay on it it seems. I made an account years ago, wrong name, picture..yackety yack and only a few know about it. Mostly as a joke.

Good old "Long John" serves the purpose about everywhere anyway and has for years. he can sail around for a few more.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:03 am Post subject: Re: Citizen Privacy Reply with quote

Therion wrote (View Post):
I don't have a fagbook account, I gave up on jewtube when they forced the google account thing.

I did the same thing with the tube, I just didn't want to do the Google Account. And, just a few days ago, I got an email from them wanting to know if I needed assistance setting up the account. Actually, I would just like them to delete the damn thing, but I guess they won't do that.

For facebook, I got an account, then deactivated it several days later, but I just can't seem to get rid of it all together.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: