Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

2300+ views of this thread in 9 days.... still some interest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Don’t get me wrong here Schrecken, your right it’s a massive intrest.

But looking closer at the thread and the posts in it, one may ask one selve how the interest is defined...

1. Is it interest coming from high expectations based on positive previous experions, you know where people smell something wonderful,  like outside your favourite bakery..  
2. There are also other sorts of reasons people line up with big eyes showing interest, here is one such a reason:  

When I saw the thread, I expect “2.” but beg, pray and hope for “1.”
After reading you second post at page 1, it seems you know exactly what I mean.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

Therion

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:53 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Or the modders will become the new developers, with Matrix producing their games. Kinda like when CSO (the pirates) took over development, which I suppose was ended when Schrecks team got the axe. This crew was so de-void of ethics, they were willing to steal from each other. It was an incredible era for CC.

Details, plz?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
2300+ views of this thread in 9 days.... still some interest.

That is a lot of views for sure. So it might equate to interest.

But even The AI Belly Down Assault got 2700+ views, so I am inclined to go with Stalky.

Every site has its cast of characters and freaks, the sheeple are just tuning in.

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:35 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Therion wrote (View Post):
Details, plz?

OK, you dweeb (I hate it when people play stupid), start here, but this just the tip of the iceberg, me thinks.  Arrow

CSO Pirates Being Pirates

For additional clues, may I suggest the movie Rancho Deluxe, with Jeff Bridges.  Idea

... and, for a more complete understanding of modern day media piracy, go here  Arrow

The Real Media Pirates

Therion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Details, plz?

OK, you dweeb (I hate it when people play stupid), start here, but this just the tip of the iceberg, me thinks.  Arrow

Oh. I thought you're talking about some ancient modding community drama. I don't know why you're accusing the whole team of being devoid of ethics and stealing from each other. Someone leaked it but the team got axed because they didn't know who it was which posed a very high security threat, not because there was some conspiracy. I always thought that Shreck and some others were a part of some kind of trusted inner circle and have stayed, though, so I'm surprised that everyone got kicked out.

Anyway, did Sulla stay or did he get kicked out too?

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:40 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Details, plz?

Oh. I thought you're talking about some ancient modding community drama. I don't know why you're accusing the whole team of being devoid of ethics and stealing from each other. Someone leaked it but the team got axed because they didn't know who it was which posed a very high security threat, not because there was some conspiracy. I always thought that Shreck and some others were a part of some kind of trusted inner circle and have stayed, though, so I'm surprised that everyone got kicked out.

Well, me thinks, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Not sure about Sulla, other than to say, he is the person that is basically getting ripped, and you saw the titles he listed.

I also, don't like your choice of words for some reason, ... I mean the "security threat" and "conspiracy". In my mind, it's just theft, because they can, and they believe they won't get caught. Kinda like looters or pirates. It has nothing to do with Matrix.

I have seen it since I have been at this site, where people try to rip WIP, from their "friends". It's a human nature thing.

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:56 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Details, plz?

Well, me thinks, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Not sure about Sulla, other than to say, he is the person that is basically getting ripped, and you saw the titles he listed.

I also, don't like your choice of words for some reason, ... I mean the "security threat" and "conspiracy". In my mind, it's just theft, because they can, and they believe they won't get caught. Kinda like looters or pirates. It has nothing to do with Matrix.

I have seen it since I have been at this site, where people try to rip WIP, from their "friends". It's a human nature thing.

It isn't a theft since nothing got removed from the inventory. The same for looting and piracy. Don't be retarded.
I think the correct name for what happened was espionage as confidential stuff that wasn't supposed to be even seen by anyone from outside (or even most of inside) of the team was leaked.

I used the name "conspiracy" because you're making it sound like majority of CSO decided to leak that stuff. I'm explaining that the team got axed because there was a spy inside it and no one knew who it is and it was a security threat because he could as well leak next betas. No need to ascribe it to the whole fucking team.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:22 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Well,

Like I have already stated, several times, I think this particular incident is just the tip of the iceberg. You will notice, in the one thread we have here, Sulla mentions a lot of titles.

Also, I did not invent the term piracy, but by it's modern definition as it relates to software it is definately applicable, in this particular instance, not to mention some of the more "ancient" issues, that you were hoping for.

The judicial system will, in the end, determine the more modern definitions of theft, never mind, if something cannot be physically removed. (i.e. software), and up to now they have been ruling theft, not just copyright infringements.

The term, espionage, is just an attempt to glorify it all.

Perhaps we should start another thread, or continue this discussion at CSO forum, if it still exists.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:45 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

2300 views does Not translate into 2300 purchases.
More likely the results of 23 die hard CC fans constantly reading this thread a hundred times a day looking for any type of clues or info they may have missed their first 99 time around. Laughing

I sure hope all of you are wrong in the field of what/where/genre this Theater of War will take place.
If any of you are correct with any type of Pacific Theater this game will just be no fun at all,just look at the Large Maps they keep making.
How you going to have a great gaming experience on Large maps will all infantry and a few crappy vehicles?
More troops?..........No
5on5 with all troops?........No
Where's the strategy/fun in that? Sneak here,Sneak there,hidden bunker here,hidden bunker there.

It's also comical to think any of us are actually interested in this so called new game when only myself seems to speak of.........
"Here we go again",lets start another game before we fix the last one,err two,ahh three,I mean four.
And you KNOW they did this in all likelihood just a few months after LSA was released.
I see mooxe's post about the Blown Bridge for LSA.
I know what I see in WAR
Whats wrong with tLD? Did they get that one right?
If it wasn't for xe5 you can guarantee LSA would still be riddled with errors.

This is just as bad when Beebs first announced a new CC was coming and that they had the source code.(We didn't know then he meant re-releases) and everybody was like YEA.
And yet all of you said nothing about why we couldn't get a patch for CCV,the one version everybody was playing.

Your still getting/buying the same Shit and you don't get it.

Why?

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:38 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

quote: ORIGINAL: LitFuel
I know it's a small thing but that's one of my fears when you guys got a hold of ther CC's is that you feel you can start messing with things that don't need messing with. Just worry about the real problems that need fixing.

quote: ORIGINAL: Stwa
Just patch CC3. Put the patch on the CSO site so people can download it. Make a CC6 (the myth game) and sell that.

COI Remake of CC3

There are several threads, that seem pretty humorous now, especially some of the comments from GRUBB, which seem downright ridiculous in hindsight. And I think, he might have been one of the few (including Sulla), that was trying to give everyone the real picture.

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:54 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

2300 views = hope in my eyes, but it may be like a loved one with Jack the Dancer,

You can only hope.......

but deep down you know it aint gonna happen

sigh

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:54 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):

Discovered by famed explorer Maj. D Von Kramer in a Texas barbershop.

Priceless! - Actually shes pretty hot! Embarassed

AT_Stalky

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:23 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
2300 views does Not translate into 2300 purchases.
More likely the results of 23 die hard CC fans constantly reading this thread a hundred times a day looking for any type of clues or info they may have missed their first 99 time around. Laughing

Hahah, i confess, im one of the 23...

"Here we go again",lets start another game before we fix the last one,err two,ahh three,I mean four.

Yeh... I dint buy LSA, thought for a minute about DL it (pirated), but dint even bother with that...  So there is acctually a learning curb, but ooohh so flat.  

/Marry X-mas Dave & Co

Btw:
Your still getting/buying the same Shit and you don't get it. Why?

Yeh, Smile wonder what that tells us about our selves.. A photo of the typical CC-user is attached:

low elasticity (kopia).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  250.18 KB
 Viewed:  13120 Time(s)

low elasticity (kopia).jpg

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

That pretty much sums it up.
It's funny too.

I have 2 of the re-releases put I don't play LSA.
It's a shame because I thought that would make for a great GC.
Also the UI graphics and stratmap graphics are just so horrible for LSA.

Merry Christmas to you too Stalky and everyone else.
Course I miss Sr_Drill and his Santa Nordic Tracker post/thread.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Butt Pirates

Maybe the exciting news will be the new re releases will be fixed?

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Good picture AT_Stalky, that does sum it up....  Razz

Merry Christmas to you CC addicts!!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

....enjoying this thread, its like our classic conversation here.... Exciting news turned into new release... funny!!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Mooxe, did you really expect anything else  Question

I like Stalky's observations, but the following is the best commentary in the thread, IMHO.

It also says a lot about the nature of humans and thier ability to bullshit, under any circumstances.  

Schrecken  Arrow
Please note CCMT and WaR where playable releases with comprehensive updates researched, planned and being worked on for early 2009 release, CCMT weapons data was 25% re-done WaR had map recodes done and others scheduled along with niggly bug fixes in place, alas this was not to be.

Therion  Arrow
So, CCMT was released 2 years before time Shocked ? Jesus fucking Christ.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

platoon_michael  Arrow
Your still getting/buying the same Shit and you don't get it.

I only purchased CCMT, when it was on sale, but that doesn't mean I haven't fucked up big time on other games.

For instance, I was extremely happy with Uncommon Valor, so then I got War in the Pacific, WRONG  Exclamation

Then I followed that up with Ageods, Birth of America, and then Frank's WWI game.

It was at that time, I decided to cut Matrix off entirely.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: