Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
terciooriamendi

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:06 pm Post subject: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

Hi to everyone.

My name is Antonio, I am from Spain and I am new in the forum.

I have played for a long years (and I am still playing it) Close Combat 5.

Some days ago I have finished my first mod of a mod Ebro 3.0 (Thanks to Nomada Firefox and his team for made this mod).

I have changed the data (fpools, geteams, alsteams, soldiers and weapons) and the graphics to made a more realistic mod.

All the units have been changed with less units according to their size (Brigades, Banderas, Division) and more bolt action rifles and less automatic weapons and almosto no tanks, as the real Battle.

I' ve added too Artillery Observateur to made indirec fire because the Artillery had a huge importance during the battle.

Next post you can see images of the visual changes.

You can download this mod at:

I have deleted the link because of Nomada Firefox, if anyone desires this submod, send me a PM and I will give the link

Only copy and paste where you have installed CCV Ebro 2.0

Note, Only Veteran VS. Veteran

Last edited by terciooriamendi on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:12 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Some images.

I've changed the red star for a Republican Flag (more apropiated) ad the Eagle for a correct National Flag.

Also, the changes are in the maps.

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:14 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

I have also the music file changing the erroneous song (it was about Battle of Madrid) for a Republican song about the Ebro Cross.

You can ear it, here

Link

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:29 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

An these are some pics of more changes.

Ifni send me his files about real moors (the colonial troops of national army).  I have changed the soldiers colour, and these are some pics about it, their sodiers icons and the change of the units. The moors are organizated in Tabores. (1 Tabor = 1 Bataillon)

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/uo0012c.jpg/[/img]

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/uo0010e.jpg/[/img]

UO0011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.12 KB
 Viewed:  23919 Time(s)

UO0011.jpg

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

The are my dear Requetés:

UO0014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.04 KB
 Viewed:  23917 Time(s)

UO0014.jpg

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

And the are more National Troops.

Note that Requetés had their rank in their beret and the National Troops in their caps (Gorrillos)

UO0015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.09 KB
 Viewed:  23915 Time(s)

UO0015.jpg

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Soon more pics.

Yo will tell me if you like this mod.

Saludos  Very Happy

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:37 am Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Thank you terciooriamendi !!!

And thank you Nomada Firefox for the original mod!!!

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Sorry but I have not autorized this file and I go to delete it. I have been very clear on the past that I would not let this type of modification from my files.

Quote:

You have stolen everything.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:15 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Thank you terciooriamendi !!!

Thanks to you and your superb mod Tejszd.

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):

Sorry but I have not autorized this file and I go to delete it. I have been very clear on the past that I would not let this type of modification from my files.

Quote:

Have I stolen everything? I have made a submod for Ebro to be accurate with the History because of the lacks ot the original mod and I ve changed a lot of files to try to improve it wasting a lot of spare time.

I have deleted the link but I will share it with anyone who wants to play it.

And you? Have you permissions for all your mods of the authors, the owner of the photos,...?

I was thinking about this was a community to improve CC5 and its mods, but i see i am not right, and I also think its a shame to have mods and submods and not share them with the  people or don`t let people to use them (Like CC5 Brunete or CC5 China Mods).

And I also think that it is a shame believe you are the only owner of Ebro without consider the other members of the team that made the mod.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:50 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Quote:

sorry to dissapoint you Firefox, but neither you nor other moder has a right for any CC file Wink. Neither you have rights to delete anything that was not uploaded by you.
actually you should be grateful to Antonio that he supports the interest in your mod.

Quote:

LOL - you are exactly the right person to say that :D

Antonio,

don't delete anything - just rename your mod as Historical sub mod for Ebro 2,0 (or something) and keep on your modding work Smile.
looking to see more pics of your submod.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Sorry but you are wrong. I have the rights as creator from the Battle of Ebro 2.0 and he has edited my files. I do not know because I must be grateful when I do not like his changes.

Quote:

LOL - you are exactly the right person to say that Very Happy

Have I stolen anything? Always I have asked to the righ people and if they did not want share something, I did not ignore them.

If you go to support him, you are not better than him.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

terciooriamendi wrote (View Post):

Have I stolen everything? I have made a submod for Ebro to be accurate with the History because of the lacks ot the original mod and I ve changed a lot of files to try to improve it wasting a lot of spare time.

You have edited my files without any authorization from me. If you want make your own mod, please start it from the begining.

Quote:

And you? Have you permissions for all your mods of the authors, the owner of the photos,...?

Yes and many of the stuff was freeware. But all joined on a mod is from me.

Quote:

I was thinking about this was a community to improve CC5 and its mods, but i see i am not right, and I also think its a shame to have mods and submods and not share them with the  people or don`t let people to use them (Like CC5 Brunete or CC5 China Mods).

When you make it without any respect to the creators decisions, it is usual that people as me do not accept it.

Quote:

And I also think that it is a shame believe you are the only owner of Ebro without consider the other members of the team that made the mod.

Do not let the edition from the files was a decision from all members. But if you think that it is a shame, I have not more that speak with you because obviously you do not respect nothing of these common rules between modders and sure that you do not know nothing about work on a team. I´m the team leader from Ebro mod and I have joined everything on a single piece, more of 3 years of hard work.

The most funny from all this is how you critic my decision and rights but you himself have taken credits and rights from the edited files. I would not be surprise if I edit your own files and you would be disturbed as me.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

terciooriamendi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:11 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Firefox:

You like as the owner and the only creator of original Close Combat V and all their mods.

But I don`t want to argue, I am new here and I only desired to share with this community my first variation of this game.

I will not post anything about it but if someone wants this submod, that sends me a PM and I'll send the link to download it.

Bye.

Dima:

Thanks for your support.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

The arguement of "you need permission to mod a mod" never holds up. Is anyone here asking the permission of Matrix Games or Atomic from back in the day to mod? No. The precedent has been set for 14 years now.

It is polite to ask to mod someone elses files, its a matter of courtesy only, not a matter of permission.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:46 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

I agree with mooxe.

But that doesn't mean a person shouldn't hold ones self to the higher standard, and actually obtain permission for use, from the original author(s), and if no such permission can be obtained, you should respect their wishes and not upload.

We are clearly dealing with mods, not original stuff from the producers, as mooxe pointed out.

If modders do not honor this code, and they mostly have in the past, then you could simply download years of work from a modder, make a few "improvements", and re-upload them or post them on another site.  Idea

Not exactly an ideal situation from any angle.  Confused

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:58 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

As an example,

I worked on a set of RETRO maps for CCMT, where the material was derived from other authors whose work was uploaded here at CCS, mainly in the CC3 map area.  Idea

Anyway after messin with these for a while, I wanted to upload them, but I could not locate any of the authors.  Sad

Then, I tried to get someone active here at this site to take responsibility for the maps (and upload them to CCS).  Idea

But I could not find any one that was willing to do that either.  Confused

Since, I really did not intend to use these maps myself, I eventually deleted them all, and chalked it up to experience.  Idea

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:24 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

terciooriamendi,

It is a courtesy to ask permission. Also like Dima said if you make a sub mod instead of an update to an existing mod it causes less conflict (though that isn't always a guarantee that someone will not get upset).

Another possible solution is to go through the changes with Firefox as he may agree with them, he may also have some he has made, and maybe there could be an official update that incorporates both sets of changes.

It is good to have another mod maker around so do not let this stop you from modding CC....

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:20 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

If modders do not honor this code, and they mostly have in the past, then you could simply download years of work from a modder, make a few "improvements", and re-upload them or post them on another site.  Idea

That describes submods very well. On CCS, no mod is updated without the original author's consent. Any submod created is hosted in a separate section from the original mod to avoid any confusion. I also do my best to make sure the modder creates a readme.txt file detailing any credits and and changes.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Rio Ebro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: