Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:33 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

if the Bible is true ... maybe a good question to ask ourselves is: what would it take for me to believe?

Luke 16
The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
davidssfx wrote (View Post):
MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
Tell me, how does it actually work. Is it like, you have an ethical problem and you go to a church and ask a priest's opinion on a matter? Is this what you mean? And without this ethical advice the whole world would collapse?MF

Hi, it's a method of examining different worldviews. I heard reference to this watching a debate some time ago. The idea is that ethics/morals seem to be built into all of us ... in all different groups and beliefs throughout the ages. We all seem to know, or at least have an opinion about, what is right and wrong, and fair ... which we see demonstrated in our daily lives.
The Bible claims that God is eternal and that He is good, just, and loving. If He is and always has been and always will be, then it is reasonable to conclude His ethics/morals are also transcendent. If this is true, then we can point to these standards as a measure and guide for our lives ... and we can view God's ideas of what is right and wrong as objective and unchanging.
Without an objective standard, morality can vary and is subject to each person opinion. Therefore, one person could argue that stealing or any other crime is ok, (for whatever reason) and another could argue the opposite, or somewhere in between. Taken to the extreme, the outcome is ... everything is permissible.

This is kind of off topic but is a video link I watched this evening ... John Lennox speaking at Harvard about "Is Belief in the Supernatural Irrational?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kz4OgXsN1w&feature=youtu.be

also, great song by Nicole C. Mullen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jfC9RT4vg

Well a couple of points, I don't think the old testament paints the christian god as a particularily 'nice guy', I would say it's pretty much the opposite. Jesus in the new testament is a lot more laid back and nicer in the new testament. So I wouldn't necessarily say that god is "good", and if you are "all powerful" then there is a large risk that type of power will be misused.

It's interesting to note how so many non-religious manage to live their lives with a very high moral standards. From a purely ethical point of view I would say that it is much more moral and ethical to find reasons for your behaviour yourself then just blindly obey some religious doctrines. Following religious doctrines makes one very much like a robot and not a thinking, sentient human.

A couple of vids from some non-religious folks.

The Atheism Tapes: Richard Dawkins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6eJjaSgMT4

The True Core Of The Jesus Myth | Christopher Hitchens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMo5R5pLPBE&feature=related

Michael Shermer: Why people believe weird things
http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_shermer_on_believing_strange_things.html

Sam Harris Simply Destroys Christianity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXcdevmiR0U

Thanks for the links ... watched'em all. Interesting to hear what people think

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Did the founders of the world religions imply literal or figurative interpretation of their workings?  Figurative I think does make more sense.  There is a lot of sound wisdom and logic in most legitimate religions.  I do not think the wordings of the bible , koran or other documents were intended to be taken literally.  Also because some of the writings contradict themselves.  People can find things that justify murder.  While at the same time telling us not to murder our fellow man.  I think historically all of the big Nations have manipulated religion like a tool to indoctrinate people to fight in war or do things normally against their will.  Did Allah really guarantee a 1000 virgins for martyrdom?  I highly doubt it.  

Here is some food for thought.  We only realized the Earth was a sphere for a relatively short time period.  We only went to the moon 40 years ago.  Man is only in the very beginning stages of understanding Science.  Some of the sharpest minds in the world are doing research at MIT and other prestigious institutes on things like understanding what the 4th (or 5th ) dimensions are.  As we speak we are just barely starting to realize there is a 4th dimension.  Minimally those in the field of Science are well aware there are some principles that man just can not comprehend but we know mathematically to be true.

Just wait til were old and grey and see what the next Scientific revolution brings.  The Mid-East use to be the cultural and scientific capital of the world after the fall of Rome.   We should thanks our Mid-East friends for the fine contributions to science they brought the world.  It is shame that so many of their nations are dominated by the Shroud of fundamentalism that rejects Science.  Also America is walking a fine line towards the rejection of Science in the name of Puritan fundamentalists that mock science and actually think Global Warming is funny or some type of joke that Liberals make believe.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:01 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

I am sorry, but the recent quotes from Numbers, Deuteronomy, Samual, and the like have put me over the top.

The appalling suppositions that follow these quotes demonstrate a complete lack of understanding regarding the composition of the Bible, its narrative, and theologies (past and present) regarding the Old Covenant, its abrogation, the New Covenant, and last but not least, Christian Ethics and how they were derived in the first place.

The posts providing these quotes, I find utterly simplistic, and grossly misinformed.

In this case, the deceivers are simply deceiving themselves.  Idea

Try these links for a baseline and go on from there  Arrow

Abrogation of Old Covenant Laws

Christian Ethics

Old Testament

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:44 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stwa…

Im quoting from your links there Stwa:

While most Christian theology reflects the view that at least some Mosaic laws have been set aside under the New Covenant, there are some theology systems that view the entire Mosaic or Old Covenant as abrogated in that all of the Mosaic laws are set aside for the Law of Christ. Other theologians don't subscribe to this view, believing the Law and the Prophets form the basis of Christian living and ethics, and are therefore not abrogated; rather, they can only be understood in their proper context subsequent to the advent of the Messiah.”

Yeh, "While most”… “at least some Mosaic laws have been set aside”…  while.. “Other theologians don't subscribe” ... "therefore not abrogated"....  .."in a context"...  Wow. Have or have not abrogated and set aside or still recognise the old laws, or not, or part of it, or they are now seen in a context... .. ……
Would it not be more accurate if you said, that YOU or YOUR church have set aside the old testament laws?  

But that is irrelevant for the post I made, as I reflected over:

Qoute David: ” The Bible claims that God is eternal and that He is good, just, and loving. If He is and always has been and always will be,"   "If this is true, then we can point to these standards as a measure and guide for our lives" ... ”God's ideas of what is right and wrong as objective and unchanging.”

So, the Bible God david talk about.... the eternal... always have been... unchanging.... morals of god...  
See, I found them qoutes in the bible, and they seem to be about god....... no?
If he’s not the same god as you subscribe to.. … ok… then it’s a question of mistaken identity. So then the bible describes 2 different God's?

1) Or do you mean God changed and reformed? If so, then David cant be correct.. as David said he was unchanging.. 2)Alternetive, Moses and /or the bible is filled with lies about God... ..

But anyway, maybe we should just spank David for his falce teachings..  Laughing

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 5 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:10 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Therefore, one person could argue that stealing or any other crime is ok, (..) and another could argue the opposite, or somewhere in between. Taken to the extreme, the outcome is. everything is permissible.

David.. .About the Bible morals.. ....something we "heathens" lack.

Ethics / Morals ---> The Law…

Ever considered that the Greeks city states had a law, ever heard about Roman law…
They were heathens, (in there glory days). Still there heathen law protected the citizens property’s and there lives..  
Ever heard of Germanic law? It’s was formed as we where heathens… Still to day the core of the law is the Germanic law. (No it did not regulate the software copyright etc back then…but..) And theft was not ok, neither was crimes to citizens’ life and limb. It has never been ok…

Even heathens came up with laws that regulated the things you seem to believe is Christian morals… Funny ehh? How did they manage to do that without Christian morals? Where did they get them ideas from?
Here is a though… Just maybe, the inner bible of humans, there conscience and inner morals is the only true bible. And that is what God truly gave to humans. Perhapps, thats even what defines beeing a human.

I doubt we can have any civilization without morals - “law” that regulates the fundamentals social and economics interactions. I doubt we can even live as neighbours without it. Any formations of humans that extends ouside the family would probably not function without this inner "bible"/morals.

Be prepared for some strong words, and thought that may disturb any person living in a mental cave. Be warned of pressing the button, for you may be shocked.

Hidden: 
Civilization did not start with Christianity, "heathens" are and have lived as neighbors and formed civilizations for a long time on this planet...  

I pity them who god has not given an inner bible. Without it, can one even be called a human? Perhaps, it explains the blind searching in books for what has been deprived some of the unlucky, for life must be hard with out it.     

Phuu, September, Monday, only 1 hour free time left.  Crying or Very sad

See ya all, thanx for the debate.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 am Post subject: Re: exposing strawman who prefers ilegals ovr legit asylum s Reply with quote

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
Blackstump wrote (View Post):
Firstly i didn't string a few of your sentences together.

Correct  Smile
You didn't string a few of my sentences together
You took parts from 3 of my sentences and mixed them together to create an entirely new sentence.

The gist of what you are saying is you don't wont illegal boat people here in Australia, correct ?

Pretty much  Smile

What i want is genuine assylum seekers coming to Australia, legally, by making their applications from OS, like they are supposed to.

Did you hear about the People Smuggling kingpin, Captain Emud, who got an assylum seeker protection Visa, after captaining an illegal immigrant boat to Australia?

See, this boatpeople immigration system lets crims into our country  Sad

The present situation sucks!

Liers, cheats and frauds are coming in by the boatload atm because the system is failing.

The people smugglers are overloading our immigration department by flooding us with illegals.

They dont have time to process the backlog of 1000s of legal applications from genuine assylum seekers from overseas.

What would you prefer?

No illegal boat people coming, freeing 100s, or 1000s of immigration department people to process the applications of genuine assylum seekers, who apply through the proper way?

or

Do you favour criminals getting rich by sending 100s, 1000s of people, illegally, on unseaworthy boats, many of which sink with all the passengers drowning?  Sad

Another hundred of them drowned yesterday  Sad

If Australia adopted a zero tolerance of illegal boat people, it would save thousands of people from drowning at sea.

Also thousands of legal assylum seekers would get their applications processed  Smile  because our immigration department would not be swamped with illegals.
It would also save hundreds of millions of tax payers money, which could be put to better use.

This would imply to somebody as "daft" as i, that you have no Christian love for these boat people, correct ?.

Added a comma to your sentence so that it made sense grammatically  Smile

Correct, a person could make such a daft error.

As a christian, i have a love for all humanity and a strong desire for as many as possible to recieve the gift of eternal life.
This includes illegal boat people, you, AT_Stalky, MF and even people smugglers.

As a Christian, i also have a strong sense of justice.

The present system provides riches for people smugglers, drownings for many of their customers, legal assylum seekers being pushed back down the queue by people who can afford to buy their way into Australia.
Where is the justice in that?

Even tho in your words i'm "intellectually challenged" i still seem to be able to understand this, correct?.
Your understanding is improving, but still falling a little short.
Don't realy believe you are intellectually challenged, maybe you just had a "blonde moment".

Please don't start another attack on me about racisim against blondes, i just used a common coloquial expression  Smile (was pure blonde as a child, but i grew out of it  Wink )

OK glad we cleared that up.
Yes, i think so now  Smile

If i can ask you this, are you Koori by nationality? or where your ancestors illegal immigrants in their eyes?

There was no legal system when my ancestors arrived other than that which was established by the South Australian british settlement (1838 & 1848 my maternal & paternal families arrived).

Of course, you are right, the British invasion of Australia is no better than the European invasion of North America.
As for me, i was born legally here, my family has been here 7 generations.

You ask if i admire their total disrespect for Australians and Australia.
I ask you, why would they risk their all to get their kids here if they hate the place ?

Never said they hate the place.
Just to be reciprical, i shall honour your question with as much of an answer as you gave mine

My answer:

Wow an illegal stabbed someone and there was a rape.... think that shits been going on in Australia for awhile....
Yes, rapes and stabbing did happen befroe.
You must be right when you assume that guy would have just been stabbed by somebody else if the illegal hadn't been here and somebody else would have raped the girl too, right?
They are not the only 2 victims of illegals.

Just a sample of those who would have been safer had their assailents never got here.

Don't know if these were legal or llegal immigrants, but re some of the islamic immigrants (which the majority are assylums and majority of those are illegals).
Muslim man throws acid in face of woman who refused to marry him (a practice in some islamic countries)
Muslim parents beat their teenage daughter to death in front of her siblings, because she was too Australian..
Just 2 examples of violent acts, never seen in Australia, until the islamic invasion.

has "that shits been going on in Australia for awhile...."?

No genuine asylum seeker has been disadvantaged by the "illegal boat people" you should check your facts.
You can count on that

My wife is a legal immigrant.
She had to do lots of paperwork.
Pass many tests.
Jump through dozens of hoops.

It is very difficult to get here legally.

Why is it so difficult?

Because of all the liers, cheats and frauds who try to get into our country illegitimately.

This causes the immigration department to toughen the processes.

If it were not for all the  liers, cheats and frauds trying to get into our country illegally, it would be easier for the legitimate immigrants

No i have no shares in the "people smuggling rackets" the only share i have is in humanity.
Glad to hear about the no p.s.r. shares  Smile

Sad that your version of humanity is happy about the present situation where illegal boatpeople are drowning in the hundreds, nearly every week, because the people smugglers are maximiseing their prophets by overloading cheap, unseaworthy boats with prospective fish food  Sad

STOP THE BOATS = Stopping the drownings

STOP THE BOATS = Stopping criminals getting rich

STOP THE BOATS = Stopping queue jumpers (giving legals a chance)

CHEERS

AGS

P.S. thats all for today, my wife is calling again

Glad to hear you want to stop the drownings now... i guess sinking the boats wasn't such a good idea?
Also good to hear your OK with Muslims.. no acid throwers or child beaters ,rapists .. we only take the honest ones.. sounds very promising.

Lucky about there being no legal system in South Australian British colony in 1838/1848 when your ancestors arrived. At least none that they recognized anyhow.
Did any one ask the locals what they thought about the British boat people? (was there any checks on their moral perpetuity?)
O that's right "terra nullius"..

You say your wife had to jump through many hoops to become a legal immigrant?
What has that to do with being and asylum seeker?
Show me the proof that Australia's intake of immigrants has change because of refugee's.
Our immigrant intake is set to increase because of a labour shortage caused by the mining boom.
Do you wish to argue this?

BTW thanks for pointing out my grammatical comma error, i suppose now would be a good time to tell you that most of us spell asylum with one "s" and racism with one "i".

You like to preach your version of Christianity on this forum AGS. But i have higher virtues then you.
I don't need your Christian love AGS , i would prefer you practice what your good book teaches you, but without the "but ifs" in between.
Everybody deserves a rice-bowl in this world, not just the ones with the might and power.
To quote, "Let ye without sin, cast the first stone".
Or one of my favorites for those 7th generation White Australians.. "Those that live in glass houses ought not throw stones"

"percute et percute velociter"

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stalky my friend,

You are hopelessly uninformed about the arguments you a making. So much so, that is causes myself embarassement on your behalf.

Please tell me you are just trying to hone your trolling skills by quoting scripture, becuase it is obvious that you have limited knowledge regarding the following topics.

The Old Testement: its composition and purpose, what sections (books) describe law, and those that are historical narrative. You seem to have a problem discerning passages describing the laws or the history or the formation of said laws, and those passages that simply describe historical events.

The Old Covenent: and the possible membership for this covenant, and how laws help to define Christian ethics, abrogration NOTwithstanding.

The New Covenant: and the possible membership for this covenant (hint: it is different from the Old Covenant) , and how its laws help to define Christian ethics in the era after Christ on earth.

You need help, so your soul may be saved. May I suggest the following church  Arrow

Link

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:09 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stwa.

Your rather correct, my bible skills are not that impressive. That should perhaps worry other more than my self….  

I don’t really have time for this anymore, but ohh well, this topic is of interest. ..

Don’t forget that Im an heathen who just tries to reads the bible…Not a expert like you and David… And AGS… So bare with me. When I read the following in the bible, a couple of (small) questions comes to me:
"as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. [...] And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captive, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle and all their flocks and all their goods. And they burned all their cities wherein they dwelt and all their goodly strongholds with fire. And they took all the spoil and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. [...] And Moses and Eleazar the priest and all the princes of the congregation went forth to meet them outside the camp. And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands and captains over hundreds, who came from the battle. And Moses said unto them, “Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who hath known a man by lying with him. But all the women children, who have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

1)The bible sort of suggests that Moses was told by God that he should do things… Is that correct?
2)Are the things commanded good moral things?
3)Is the bible fiction, Or is this real?
4)Did God talk to Moses, or did Moses just make that up? If God did not say that to Moses, why did he say that God told him that? If so, then Moses was a liar?
5)Or, if Moses never said it, why does the holy bible say that God told Moses what to do?  And that brings me to the question, did the people who told the bible story’s lie? Is the bible a lie?
6) If  Moses OR the bible story tellers lied and made things up, then how comes that the new testament say the following:
Luke 16: : “Abraham replied, ‘"They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ " &  “‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”  
Stwa, If Luke say Abraham say we are to listen to Moses, shall we not listen to Moses.. Why didnt Abraham say that Moses or the bible story tellers where liars …

And now you say Im not to listen to Moses, nor to Abraham, nor to Luke…..? Are all three liars?? ?

WTF.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:05 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stalky,

I love the way that you pretend to be stupid at various intervals in your posts.

It all just goes to confirm that you are simply trolling the thread for your own amusement, and you know you can rely upon the fact that the other forumites are just as lazy as you.

Debates and commentary regarding the "Midianite Massacre" are all over the internet. But to be sure, this incident is just one of many in the Old Testament that is frequently cited as evidence, that God is a butcher.

I will leave you with the following Wiki links to get you started. But do further research, as its a fun topic. Me thinks you will be able to answer your own questions over time.

Midian
Midian War

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:01 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

reasons:
1. it is on account of the wickedness of these nations
2. to accomplish what he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

Deuteronomy 9
9 Hear, Israel: You are now about to cross the Jordan to go in and dispossess nations greater and stronger than you, with large cities that have walls up to the sky. 2 The people are strong and tall—Anakites! You know about them and have heard it said: “Who can stand up against the Anakites?” 3 But be assured today that the Lord your God is the one who goes across ahead of you like a devouring fire. He will destroy them; he will subdue them before you. And you will drive them out and annihilate them quickly, as the Lord has promised you.

4 After the Lord your God has driven them out before you, do not say to yourself, “The Lord has brought me here to take possession of this land because of my righteousness.” No, it is on account of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord is going to drive them out before you. 5 It is not because of your righteousness or your integrity that you are going in to take possession of their land; but on account of the wickedness of these nations, the Lord your God will drive them out before you, to accomplish what he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. 6 Understand, then, that it is not because of your righteousness that the Lord your God is giving you this good land to possess, for you are a stiff-necked people.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

what was the wickedness of the nations?

Deuteronomy 12
29 The Lord your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, 30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:36 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

You like to preach your version of Christianity on this forum AGS. But i have higher virtues then you. -Blackstump

I knew if I waited long enough, someone would provide a simple explanation for all the chaos on the planet since the inception of humankind.

Now, this post is not directed to Blackstump, I just wanted to borrow his comment for a moment.

OK, now I am going to REMOVE any unnecessary pretence or justification to the conclusion.  Arrow

But i have higher virtues then you. -Blackstump

Now I am going to ADD a consequence, or action item to the conclusion.  Arrow

But i have higher virtues then you. And my kind will wipe your kind off the face of the planet.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:02 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stwa… You successfully avoided answer any of my 6 questions.

Bible quote "as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. [...]. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who hath known a man by lying with him. But all the women children, who have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."  

Questions:
1)The bible sort of suggests that Moses was told by God that he should do things… Is that correct?
2)Are the things commanded good moral things?
3)Is the bible fiction, Or is this real?
4)Did God talk to Moses, or did Moses just make that up? If God did not say that to Moses, why did he say that God told him that? If so, then Moses was a liar?
5)Or, if Moses never said it, why does the holy bible say that God told Moses what to do? And that brings me to the question, did the people who told the bible story’s lie? Is the bible a lie?
6) If Moses OR the bible story tellers lied and made things up, then how comes that the new testament say the following:
Luke 16: : “Abraham replied, ‘"They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ " & “‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’” --> If Luke say Abraham say we are to listen to Moses, shall we not listen to Moses.. Why didnt Abraham say that Moses or the bible story tellers where liars

Thank you David for the answer:
reasons:1. it is on account of the wickedness of these nations 2. to accomplish what he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

what was the wickedness of the nations? Deuteronomy 12
29 The Lord your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, 30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

Stwa, take notice of David, he did not fail this time but actually gave an good answer. Honour to him.  
I know your a clever guy Stwa ... As you already figured out, this was point aimed for.
Back to David:  So I guess we should not generalize, and say that all morals coming from a book will be black and white and simplistic.
I was under the false illusion that the inner morals was superior over the book morals, as it was soft and gray.. I now see that there are perfectly reasonable and good moral reasons to kill children and woman, and “taking” the virgins.
All the sudden even AGS ideas starts making sence.

Halleluiah,

Stwa.. Smile

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:00 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Laughing

I don't have to be clever because you keep saying the same thing over and over again.  Shocked  Laughing

Face it Stalky, you are just an obsessive, compulsive troller, and you just cant help yourself.  Razz

But, try this link for further guidance to the answers that you seek.  Arrow

Torah

Hint: Go beyond the Wiki links to find the really crazy stuff. Its more fun that way.   Idea

Someday you will be ready. It will take time, but the day will come when you too can thrust your fists into a wooden box filled with rattlesnakes.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:53 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Hint: Go beyond the Wiki links to find the really crazy stuff. Its more fun that way.   Idea

Thanx for the hint Stwa. …
Look what crazy stuff I found: click here.

Hhahaha, God bless ye Stwa. Razz

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:24 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Razz

I kinda expected that, but you know Stalky, I just want you to save yourself, so your soul wont turn to dust with the rest of your body.  Idea

Here is a story that is good for the young adult crowd, and sometimes it helps to explain why wacky stuff happens in the Old Testament. Its pretty simple, and maybe simple is what you need right now. Me thinks your brain has been overloaded.  Arrow

Sodom And Gomorrah

Plus, it might be a good time to bring some Homophobes into the conversation.  Idea

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:00 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Razz
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Plus, it might be a good time to bring some Homophobes into the conversation.  Idea

As you commanded:

Even to this very day, theology is changing as understanding is attained and truth revealed. Still to this very day, social culture is causing corruption within churches (i.e. ordination of gay pastors Rolling Eyes ) .

Anything else I can help you with...?

Razz

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Okaaay,

That works.  Exclamation

Lets put our stuff on the back burner, and wait for AGS to tell us all about deviant behaviour.  Idea

Sodom and Gomorrah is too simple, so lets give him something he can really sink his teeth into.

I know, how about this. After all, its just another sexual orientation, right  Question  Arrow

Zoophilia

Laughing  Laughing

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
you and AGS see everything in 2 colors (see Dictator movie) - black and white, but that is not correct as everything is grey.

Actually, I only see in 16 colors, like Windows default settings.

Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit.

Navy is not a color, it is a military force, Mustard is a sauce and Violet is a flower AND I have no idea what mauve is  Confused

Very Happy

Very Happy  CHEERS  Very Happy

Very Happy  AGS  Very Happy

Very Happy

P.S. Black and white are not colors  Wink

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Jump to: