Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Author
tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:27 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

He is on beer and Wiskey now NO chance for months!

This is the sort of work commitment we need here!

thai floods.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.86 KB
 Viewed:  353 Time(s)

thai floods.jpg

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Looks like Tigercub posted a picture of me (above) when I first started working on GJS.  Ah, youth.  Of course spending so much time indoors lightens your skin, and things have changes since that image was taken.

I'm very close, the new forcepool system is a bear to sort out and is key to the GC success, or at least a reasonable beta. A straight forcepool portage over to LSA is meaningless.  This is the final hurdle and I'm over 70% finished.  More previews and detailed info coming very soon.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Another GJS video preview:
A Stug III is threatening a narrow lane.  A CO commander unit is engaged in an overrun attack and is repeatedly directed to disengage (before they commit suicide). Meanwhile a PIAT unit attempts to get a shot. Before the command unit pulls completely away, one of the CO unit soldiers successfully hucks a gammon bomb. Note that the infantry overrun/assault is an issue with LSA, and is something that we have to live with unless a future final patch fixes.

Link

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Note that the infantry overrun/assault is an issue with LSA, and is something that we have to live with unless a future final patch fixes.

What the issue exactly?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:05 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Note that the infantry overrun/assault is an issue with LSA, and is something that we have to live with unless a future final patch fixes.

What the issue exactly?

infantry teams will almost always attempt to assault a close-topped tank by crawling around, trying to place grenades (with internal morale check), yet somehow avoid using relevant AT weapons like HHL or Gammon (whether available or not). End result: infantry crawl around, breaking, rallying, detonating occasional grenade, and generally running around in circles, sometimes in range of AFV MG or main gun, eventually committing suicide or getting hopelessly caught up in ridiculous behavior. This was noted and changed in betatesting for PitF.

Wittmann81

Rep: 11.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

infantry teams will almost always attempt to assault a close-topped tank by crawling around, trying to place grenades (with internal morale check), yet somehow avoid using relevant AT weapons like HHL or Gammon (whether available or not). End result: infantry crawl around, breaking, rallying, detonating occasional grenade, and generally running around in circles, sometimes in range of AFV MG or main gun, eventually committing suicide or getting hopelessly caught up in ridiculous behavior. This was noted and changed in betatesting for PitF.

That is bad. Really bad. Heavy infantry assaults on tanks is one of the most thrilling and enjoyable parts of the game.

I haven´t bought LSA yet, since I am waiting for your mod. But this sounds like a major bug to me. So I really, really, really hope this will be fixed in a patch.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Quote:
That is bad. Really bad. Heavy infantry assaults on tanks is one of the most thrilling and enjoyable parts of the game.

I haven´t bought LSA yet, since I am waiting for your mod. But this sounds like a major bug to me. So I really, really, really hope this will be fixed in a patch.

In my experience it's annoying, but not a show-stopper.  Troops will still fire panzerfausts, piats, AT grenades, etc. before assaulting if in ambush or directed to attack.  Also, it's only large infantry and command teams that initiate this behavior--and only against tanks.  Halftracks and open-topped AFVs don't provoke the behavior.

tigercub

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Quote:

In my experience it's annoying, but not a show-stopper.  Troops will still fire panzerfausts, piats, AT grenades, etc. before assaulting if in ambush or directed to attack.  Also, it's only large infantry and command teams that initiate this behavior--and only against tanks.  Halftracks and open-topped AFVs don't provoke the behavior.

Cathartes

i would open just one of the amor slots on the top of all AFV just to byepass this happering! there is 6 anyway?...

Tigercub

Started with CC1 Demo

schrecken

Rep: 195

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

that is an interesting idea...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

thoughtful and interesting idea, but unfortunately doesn't work.  You have to turn all the armor top values in the turret to "0" to change the infantry team's behavior.  This then turns the tank into an open-topped AFV.  Not what the crew signed up for.

tigercub

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

i am just talking just one slot on top set to "0" but if you have tryed it and failed was just an idea!

a few weeks now?

Started with CC1 Demo

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

You have to release the mod and get the Matrix/Slitherine developer playing and when he gets frustrated that he can not do a close assault of a tank it will get fixed  Razz

Cathartes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:11 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

tigercub wrote (View Post):
i am just talking just one slot on top set to "0" but if you have tryed it and failed was just an idea!

a few weeks now?

Yes, tried and no go.  Just final testing & clean up.  Few weeks might be realistic.

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Hi Cathartes. Any closer to a release??

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

always closer, but right now trying to resolve a CTD  that came from h2h.  Waiting for some feedback whether it was mod-related or LSA engine related.  First CTD in test campaign, thus far.

tigercub

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:32 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

is matrix helping?

Started with CC1 Demo

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

tigercub wrote (View Post):
is matrix helping?

I wouldn't say it's Matrix, but I'm guessing any help I get will be from Steve out of his own time.

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Hi Cathartes.

Any progress with your CTD?

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

never received and answer, but it didn't stop the game.  more to come soon.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

cool

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: