Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author

Will I ever find a devoted opponent
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Devoted?
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:22 am Post subject: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Looking for a GC opponent, playing the mod GJS with the submod TRSM 982.

I want to find a player who wanna play the full GC.

About you
You pick the side you want to play.
You have completed at least one full GC.
You are familiar with TRSM version 982.
You are devoted to h2h, and can therefore play 2 strategic turns per week. For instance as in the suggested weekly-solutions, but could be any other similar solution too:

- the 42 battles per week, where we play Monday to Sunday, 2 hours per day (6 few battles) with a pause after 3 battles.
    - the 36 battles per week, where we play Monday - Wednesday - Sunday, 4 hours per day (12 battles) with a pause after every 4-6 battle.  
    - the 30 battles per week, where we play the amount of days we agree on week by week. 30 battles really feels like the lowest I can offer, cause the time-frame of the campaign will most probably lengthen with only so few battles.

About me
My timezone is Central European.
I have completed several full operations in TRSM 982, and 1 full GC in CC4. I am devoted to h2h and gamewise i am best in the defence.

Rules
    We play on gameranger.

20 minutes rounds (using CC-reg).

95% realism.

Strength settings is elite.

Morale is off.

Never act on initiative is on.

2 minutes warning.

We don't pause in-game unless there is a good reason.

We can peak in each others BGs if we want to.

No allied or German BG can move in turn 1 (simulating the confusion in the first AM turn)

The allied player is not required to inform when he reinforce.

Deployments must be linked to the VL-rule as described here:
    http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=122

Bugged battles (freeze, crash to desktop, 00-crash, disconnections etcetera) must always be rebuild VL-wise, however, if we both agree to simply just replay the battle we can do that too.

The unit-wise rebuild takes a long time in a GC, so only if we already have had to replay a battle 2 times - both with crashes - can we begin to talk about rebuilding unit-wise. Thus 2 crashes in the same battle, before we can discuss unit rebuild.  

In Air strike crashes we retry without using the Air-support.

Allied player host, since the attacker apparently suffer too harshly from not seeing muzzle flashes.

Before each battle, we both save the game, in order to have two backups. We use the same save-title and use the same incremental numbering, starting with 611, which equals to June 6th,Turn 1, Battle 1. So for instance June the 15th, twelfth battle in second turn, would get the save title: 15212

15th of June
      Turn 2
      Battle 12

After a battle we must always allow each-other to view the battle details, for at least a couple of minutes, or until we agree to click to the Command screen.  

Victory is determined at the last battle, the last turn at the last day. So should the Wehrmact-player be able to push the Allied-player into the sea, the Allied player must keep attacking until the very last battle on the campaign timeline.

After Action Reporting
I attach an AAR to our campaign. Minimum requirement is that I post the final campaign-result per turn, thus not necessarily per battle, however, should any of us want to report anything from any specific battle, or anything related to the campaign, we just do so. It would be so cool making an AAR where both players post, perhaps making it a bit different than the other ones out there. If possible that is; could be we record a few battles on video?

---

GJS STRAT MAP.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  701.47 KB
 Viewed:  20613 Time(s)

GJS STRAT MAP.jpg

TRSM 982 German deployments the 6th of june with supply map big.jpg
 Description:
The date is 611. Can the Wehrmacht stop the invasion?
 Filesize:  664.47 KB
 Viewed:  20689 Time(s)

TRSM 982 German deployments the 6th of june with supply map big.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 22 times in total

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Hey CO,
What location/time zone are you in?

Why would you want the Germans to be able to move the very first turn?

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Hi dgfred
Timezone is central European.

I just think that when it is possible for both the German and the airborne units, to move in turn one, it makes the start a bit different. But playing the campaign more historical, with no movements at turn one, is just as okay.

With free movements at turn one, the allies has a chance to either get a foothold at Benouville, or take it.

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

How about letting the AB move... but not the Germans Wink

CC_CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Hi dgfred,

Considering to join the fight - leading the Wehrmacht to victory.

If you want to, only AB BGs can move in turn 1. I have no problem with that rule.

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:00 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Yes, but I think we/you might have a few problems.

I don't like to play but like 3 or 4 battles at most per session.
I only play like 3 or 4 nights (my time) a week and sometimes weekends.
Right now my daughter's college tennis season is in full swing.
Our time zones are very far apart.
I haven't been able to download anything lately and have never downloaded CC-reg.

Just a few, but don't know how well a match would work.

What time/days do you most like to play, and what time period would that be for me in my (eastern, US) time zone?

CC_CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:02 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Yes, sounds like you are in GMT -6/7, which means we will have some 8-9 hours between us. Not sure, but in the long run, I also think it could be a problem.

However, even if it could work out, should one of us be willing to play late night, or early morning, the few 3-4 sessions per play-day wont work. For me, that is sadly too few battles per play-day, and thus the campaign could end up taking a long time, due to the sometimes unexpected pauses that pop up.    

I like to simply make a rule saying; 1 turn per play-day, regardless of battles we have to fight. This also means less time for analysis within the turns too, thus more surprises in the long run. In turns with more than 5 battles, I like to make pauses of 5-15 minutes, in order to get the eyes away from the screen and move the body, push-ups/stretching out/whatever. Sometimes this rule also means that I agree with my opponent, that we play 7 battles first, then take a break of some hours, and then take the next 7-8 battles. Then we perhaps make a pause of 1 or 2 days.

The 1-turn per play-day, is in the long run a rule I can recommend. You tend to get somewhere in your campaign with it.

In regard to times/days, this time a day suit me fine, 5:00 pm, and most days I will be able to play.

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

No problem. I am married and my daughter is playing college tennis right now... so probably not what you are looking for. Maybe we can get together for some games or even an Operation sometime for fun. I am more of a play a few battles/study the strat map/come back the next night kind of player anyway. In fact I get just as much satifaction out of studying the stat map strategy as I do the actual battles... I know- weird.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:05 am Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Well I have it just like you, however, now I finally decided to play a full campaign and to commit my self to it. In that way it should be possible to complete it in three months. Being a bit busy during the week, with a game for that short a time, should be possible. The CC4 campaign I completed, we played it like you would like to, and that took us almost a year to finish!

Playing an operation in the more casual way, sure, we can do that.

Most people here like maps. Not weird at all.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
With free movements at turn one, the allies has a chance to either get a foothold at Benouville, or take it.

Hello Men.
Some info:
Just notice that if 5/6 Para UK move from Pegasus to Benovile the first round, then the entry at the see landing in the map Ouiserham will be a bit funny due to a CC5 bug, the "sea landing" will be inland at the benoville exit...  
/Stalk

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 am Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks Stalky.

I think the same bug appears on Gold beach, when the allies don't capture the whole map, but only the Creully exit and use it to move out of Gold, making space for a new beach landing. The next allied landed BG will then deploy inland on gold.

UO0362.jpg
 Description:
Inland deployment on Gold beach.
 Filesize:  197.17 KB
 Viewed:  20586 Time(s)

UO0362.jpg

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Still on the look out for an opponent.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 am Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

You found him! vonblast on skype! i have been waiting on the new GJS but connot wait any more....

all your rules are as i play anyway...i am GMT+7 but do have time spare

Tiger

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:55 am Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Sounds good. Seems I am in German time and you in Arizona? A 6 hour time difference, however, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to make it.

Just for your information Tigercub, I am not the most self-confident attacker yet, so I am probably a bit slow on the attack, when compared to vet attack-players.

Suggestions to the rules

- No allied or German BG can move in turn 1

- Bugged battles (freeze, crash to desktop, 00-crash, disconnections etcetera) must always be rebuild VL-wise, however, if we both agree to simply just replay the battle we can do that too.

- The unit-wise rebuild takes a long time in a GC, so only if we already have had to replay a battle 2 times - both with crashes - can we begin to talk about rebuilding unit-wise. Thus 2 crashes in the same battle, before we can discuss unit rebuild.

- When a battle is over we both save and confirm the number to verify we used the same one  

- After a battle we must always allow each-other to view the battle details for at least a couple of minutes

Btw: cool profile picture you got Cool

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 am Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Quote:
Btw: cool profile picture you got

that's Tiger captured by the Americans Smile

tigercub

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:43 am Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

About me i can play alot some days and others not so much depends on my shop here in chaing mai thailand, i like to use skype we can chat about game(vonblast)!

i think i am a good attacker lesser so defence...

Tiger
...real name is Von

Started with CC1 Demo

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

So just to be sure, I take it you agree with my latest suggestions to the rules.

In regard to Skype, we can just chat in the game, that's what I'm used to. Should any out of the ordinary pop-up, like for instance we cant seem to agree on a specific issue, I suggest we use this thread, so everybody can weigh in an opinion or two.

When can you start?

Is Von your gameranger name? My is CC_CO

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
Btw: cool profile picture you got

that's Tiger captured by the Americans Smile

Makes it even more cool then. And a great mod TRSM is too.

tigercub

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:17 am Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

in gameranger i am tigercub!

VL setup as normal.. but some i added was that snipers can setup any were because they cannot take VLs and makes them more useful. what GMT times can you play?

i am of the opinion that in trsm the allied are stronger than german in a H2H game i will ask a few more vet players how they feel about the balance of  Trsm

Tiger

Started with CC1 Demo

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:36 am Post subject: Re: TRSM GC Looking for opponent Reply with quote

Quote:
i am of the opinion that in trsm the allied are stronger than german in a H2H game i will ask a few more vet players how they feel about the balance of  Trsm

weren't they stronger in RL?
The main difference from GJS is that CW infantry is capable and BREN/no4 do kill Smile.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5130 - June 17th and iam still holding the line inflicting heavy casualties to the allies.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: