Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
hormone4

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Here are some screenshots.
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/433/screenshots/Close.Combat:.Panthers.in.the.Fog

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:36 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

I hope the units are 32bit as well. Hard to tell in those photos, some were kind of white washed.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Screenshots look nice Smile.

What i don't like is specs:

Theatre: Western Europe
Unit Scale: Squad
Players: 1
AI: Yes
PBEM: No

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:30 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Yeh, but they also said:
Quote:
along with Slitherine's integrated multiplayer lobbies.

Falaise... ?? SL made the maps for that mod years ago. Is it Falaise?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:00 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Yeah, looks like Cobra and beyond.

KilovskimkIII

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Hmmmm... No mention at all of any changes or tweaks to AI at all. Rolling Eyes  The 32 bit detail is much improved though. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see Neutral

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

21 units sounds reallyyyyyy nice.

What they say about LOS and LOF worries me though.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

The units definitely don't look 32-bits, they stand out from the rest of the graphics. It seems to me only the trees/shrubs have been upgraded.

Interesting nonetheless.

kweniston

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Product info:

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the latest release in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series.  It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy.  Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314?  Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history?

Play single battles, linked operations, or even the Grand campaign simulating all six crucial days of fighting.  With 35 linked battlefields and historically accurate formations and units, strategic choices are as important as tactical prowess.  New features of long-range interdiction, strategic high ground and adverse weather conditions bring an insight into the challenges faced by those who commanded both sides in this pivotal WW2 battle.

For the Allies the Normandy landings of June were followed by two months of hard fighting in difficult terrain against a tenacious German defense.  But in late July the US Army’s Operation Cobra has finally created a decisive breach in the weakened German line.  Patton’s 3rd Army races through the opening along the western coast of France and into the clear, driving for the Brittany Ports.  Faced with the choice between retreat and last-ditch counter-attack, the Germans struggle to assemble a panzer force for one more charge.  Can the Germans move quickly enough to overcome a desperate situation, push through to Avranches on the French coast, and cut off Patton’s racing spearheads?  Or will the thinly stretched Americans troops screening Patton’s flank be able to hold out, regroup, and hold the vital lifeline open.

kweniston

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Features:    

Over 50 historically accurate key units and 47 weapon types rendered in exact detail
Campaign map with 35 unique regions to fight over.
Command up to 21 squads at a time, and each squad can contain up to 10 men.
Improved 32 bit graphics allowing smoother, more realistic maps, more varied trees and improved effects
Refined front end and UI design making the game easier to play and updating the UI to more modern standards.
Improved force selection more accurately reflects WW2 formations meaning formations cannot be re-customised every battle. Losses and fatigue must be managed and platoons are historically balanced
Enhanced multiplayer experience using Slitherines integrated lobby, match making systems and routing server, which mean its never been easier to find an opponent and just play!
Improved High Level Gameplay brings the strategies of the battle to life with
Animated maps showing the progress of attacks and troop movements with new clarity
Holding high ground allows players to observe distant enemy troop movements.
Choose whether to allocate your air and artillery as close support for your own troops, or to interdict distant enemy formations.
Fog hides enemy formation

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

and the maps are from SL... Smile

Manoi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

and I hope that they will release a map editor with the new 3D engine otherwise it will the end of the modding community.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:16 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

the yellow tanks is it the Germans??

another US vs Germany...this time i will spare my money and buy beer instead

the maps looks great! as always from my friend down under  Very Happy

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Oh wow what a great way to start a day!

Definitely the maps look 10 times better although it seems that they changed only the terrain and trees, everything else looks about the same like the explosions craters and debris.

So many questions, I think I'll register over there to see if I can get some answers.

I'm a bit bummed is not set in the east though Sad

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:01 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Yeh.

Its a long time since i made a map, but wasn the map really 8 bit as matrix claimes?
Dint I save em as tga 16 bits?

Manoi? TJ?

Manoi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

the graphics were saved in 16 bit tga. I don't know from where come this 8 bit

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

It seems like every release there is a huge focus on maps, I don't get why. This game is all about the combat. Good units and good unit data are what counts the most.

Having Slitherine's multiplayer lobby is a bonus, but if its not built into the game it will not take off. They are saying "integrated" but I have a feeling that this is another BattleHQ/Power Lobbies 3rd party application where only Slitherine games are played. Did it work for Matrix? No.

The game still being 1v1 is not encouraging to me either. After all the Matrix recycling its hard for me not to be extremely skeptical about this release.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:55 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Thanx
so i remember right then 16 bits.

When I draw map, I belive I made em in higher bits 8-bits times 3 chanels (RGB) =24? bits and then saved em in 16 bits to be used in CC, cant remember that I saw any difference.. Was winter maps though!
How do you make maps Manoi?

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am; edited 3 times in total

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:25 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

I was waiting for a pacific campaign Crying or Very sad

Manoi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:45 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
Thanx
so i remember right then 16 bits.

When I draw map, I made em in 32 bits, and then saved em in 16 bits to be used in CC, cant remember that I saw any difference.. Was wnter maps though!
How do you make maps Manoi?

after checking my maps, I have realized that I used the mode rvb 8 bit in photoshop!!! Smile
but as I use textures that were taken in 8 bit, it is not interesting to work in 16 bit. The difference is very small.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: