Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
GaryChildress

Rep: 20.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:17 am Post subject: Personal wishes Reply with quote

I really had my heart set on a hex based strategic map. I was going to create a mod for it myself using one of the older CC games but it was just too big a task for me to undertake alone.

Also, instead of battlegroups representing regiments and battalions, a battlegroup should represent a company. In that respect the strategic map should be somewhat smaller in scale with one hex (map) representing a couple miles in size.

I just hope PitF is easily modable. It would be nice to end the 2D series with something that everyone can easily expand on.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:20 am Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

I would prefer a hex based strategic map.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:41 pm Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

Hexes are not as sexy, and will not draw non-grognards in.

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:41 am Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):
Hexes are not as sexy, and will not draw non-grognards in.
But hexes do fit together well, & with 6 entry and exit points to each map makes flexible strategic movement.

Actually, i would also like HEX SHAPED BATTLE MAPS.

The spaces on either side of the hexagonagal tactical map could be used for the unit icons & other UI controls.

For ease of construction, the tactical maps could be made in square format, but just have the playable/deployable combat area limited to hexagonagal area  :D

(hmm, the word hexagonagal sounds good, but looks weird man. Maybe just its just hexaginal,...., dunno  Confused )

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

GaryChildress

Rep: 20.3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:00 am Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

I've started a thread in the modding forums here for anyone interested in collaborating with me on creating a hex based strategic map. Alone it's just too much for me to do but with help we could maybe create a mod with a hex based strat map.  Very Happy

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 am Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

I just wanted all the known features already available in one single CC game, it is not an impossible request because all those features have already been made and we have used them but I was already told that it is not going to happen.

The way the say about how they are going to handle the 3D is just as I had hoped they would, using 3D for the LOS, units, maps, lightning, effects etc but keeping the view top down.

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 pm Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

co-op against AI  would  convince me to pre-order.
With 1v1 only, will have to wait and see the improvements made on the engine

PS: Looking forward to the new CC on the Unity engine. Hope they can keep the  Hand-painted textures.
Unity as a free version http://unity3d.com/unity/  that should make modding possible/ accessible

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:12 pm Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

The title ought to be changed from "Panthers in the Fog" to "Matrix in the fog"
Featuring new bugs hidden by fog that you get to find yourself after much game play and spending 50$
Due to release 4th Qtr 2012
Actual tested, working playable version expected 4th Qtr 2014

Manoi

Rep: 89.5

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 pm Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

TTorpedo wrote (View Post):

PS: Looking forward to the new CC on the Unity engine. Hope they can keep the  Hand-painted textures.
Unity as a free version http://unity3d.com/unity/  that should make modding possible/ accessible

they also envisage to release a map editor (for the next gen CC).

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

Manoi wrote (View Post):

they also envisage to release a map editor (for the next gen CC).

If is anything like the Gem editor from Men of War, it would be great.
In fact if they could have used that engine + all the assets already "available" from the series they could focus just on game-play/ mechanics. Wonder how hard would be for matrix to get a deal on that..

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

my personal wishes:

- a strat-map that represent the battle-maps logical

- option for 2 vs 2 fights (or more)

- noisy vehicles

- customizable and non-customizable battle-groups

- battle groups that develop their own style throughout the campaign

Manoi

Rep: 89.5

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:04 pm Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

If is anything like the Gem editor from Men of War, it would be great.
In fact if they could have used that engine + all the assets already "available" from the series they could focus just on game-play/ mechanics. Wonder how hard would be for matrix to get a deal on that..

They will use the Unity engine so I think they will develop their own editor or let us use the (free) unity editor.

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Personal wishes Reply with quote

One more wish:

In most CC games, there still aren't any explanation of abbreviations, like for instance SP-Round. So a list of abbreviations would be really helpful.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: