Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: East vs. West 2012 Reply with quote

The tanks are Original CCMT.

The stratmap will be NEW.(Hex)

CCMT is a Great CC! Wink  Wink

heia Safari!!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: East vs. West 2012 Reply with quote

I agree, Modern CC stuf is great.

But wouldn't using the original CCMT tank graphics in a derivative work pose a copyright issue.  Question

Dont get me wrong, personally I could care less what you guys put into the mod.

I am just wondering if you guys have a work around for that, and what that work around might be. The EULA for CCMT seems pretty strict to me.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:15 pm Post subject: Re: East vs. West 2012 Reply with quote

Hi Stwa!

I do not think there are copyright problems.This proyect is a modification of LSA based in CCMT.

CCMT is Matrix Games.
LSA is Matrix Games.

we do not make money with this modification.

If EULA have problems in this area we will be happy to remove all CCMT Vehicles.

Srhrecken never said anything to me in CCMT-TLD Mod.

Why you do not cooperate with us? Wink

Stwa=Hard Experience in CCMT.

I know that you have a copy of LSA Wink

heia Safari!!

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: East vs. West 2012 Reply with quote

Hi DAK_Legion,

Me thinks the question, was more directed at Gary than you.

Again, I don't care what vehicles you use.

If the mod results in additional LSA sales, then someone is getting more money. I suspect that some of that money might trickle down to others, if you know what I mean.

Nope, no LSA for moi. A while back, someone here at CCS offerred me a free copy, and I declined.  Wink  

I am cooperating with the project, see  Arrow

Point Blank Tanking - A Modern Approach

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:00 am Post subject: Re: East vs. West 2012 Reply with quote

GaryChildress wrote (View Post):
The reason we are using LSA is because you can stack battlegroups in LSA which might be better for a hex based map. I'm not sure of the scale in RSR but this mod is using 1 battlegroup = 1 company and a hex based map. Those will probably be the key difference between this and most other mods.

I really like your idea of using company sizes for the force pools. (assuming 1:1 relationship to battlegroup). Sometimes, people use the force pools to feed a lot of different battlegroups, and since only 15 teams fight at a time, the echelon might not even matter.  

I think that also goes a long way to solving the abstaction down to 15 teams during combat. It would also be even better, me thinks, if you could have 21 teams, like what is planned with PitF. It also makes stacking more meaningful, since the BG units are companies.

Also, I am wondering if PitF will also support battlegroup stacking on the strat map. You would probably know better that me. I just recently saw the feature list for PitF.

If true, since PitF is going to be in Q4, it might be really cool to wait on it, if for no other reason than I think the UI will be modernized. If that too is true, how awesome will that be. We have been putting up with a dinky UI for years, and even into the widescreen era.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: East vs. West 2012 Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
GaryChildress wrote (View Post):
The reason we are using LSA is because you can stack battlegroups in LSA which might be better for a hex based map. I'm not sure of the scale in RSR but this mod is using 1 battlegroup = 1 company and a hex based map. Those will probably be the key difference between this and most other mods.

I really like your idea of using company sizes for the force pools. (assuming 1:1 relationship to battlegroup). Sometimes, people use the force pools to feed a lot of different battlegroups, and since only 15 teams fight at a time, the echelon might not even matter.  

I think that also goes a long way to solving the abstaction down to 15 teams during combat. It would also be even better, me thinks, if you could have 21 teams, like what is planned with PitF. It also makes stacking more meaningful, since the BG units are companies.

Also, I am wondering if PitF will also support battlegroup stacking on the strat map. You would probably know better that me. I just recently saw the feature list for PitF.

If true, since PitF is going to be in Q4, it might be really cool to wait on it, if for no other reason than I think the UI will be modernized. If that too is true, how awesome will that be. We have been putting up with a dinky UI for years, and even into the widescreen era.

Perfect Stwa!

Continue with your Post!

continuing with your crusade against MATRIX GAMES but PLEASE outside this post.

This post dedicaded to East vs West Mod for LSA.

Newly PLEASE!

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  199.47 KB
 Viewed:  2935 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

heia Safari!!

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: East vs. West 2012 Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
continuing with your crusade against MATRIX GAMES but PLEASE outside this post.

Please indicate which post of mine (in this thread), constitutes CRUSADING against Matrix Games.  Question

I am simply asking the same questions that most forumites ask in other mod forums like this one.

The only difference, it would seem, that up to now, I am the only person even interested in this mod, so I am asking ALL of the questions.

Futhermore, your accusation is without merit, primarily since I am one of the very few people to support CCMT, since its initial release.

Lets see, CCMT was converted to WAR, then was partially converted to TLD, now its in the process of being converted to LSA, and you have indicated plans to convert it to PitF in the future. Am I the only one seeing a pattern here. Maybe you could explain, what is going on.

And finally, what on earth does this project have to do with Matrix Games.

Your comment by itself, makes me wonder if the mod is in fact sponsored, which would then at least answer the question of potential copyright issues. Which in the end, I could care less, but I do wonder why some modders have less fear than the others.

FYI, the primary reason why I don't get LSA or any other CC game, is I usually buy just one game in a series. It works out better for me that way. I have done the same with other game producers like Thirdwire and Ageod.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: