Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:57 pm Post subject: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

Any One watch George's (Lucas) new dvd release ?  REDTAIL.

Think i'll rent it... this weekend!  

Trailer action sequences look great.

Oh! and how about Speilburg's movie WarHorse?  :)

Tks in advance... !

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am Post subject: Re: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

haven't bothered with either but I have to admit the trailers left me with feelings of meh and Meh x2

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
meh and Meh x2

Question  Confused   HUH ?  Confused  Question

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
haven't bothered with either but I have to admit the trailers left me with feelings of meh and Meh x2

I have to agree Redtail trailer looking absolutely awful for the CGI.  The planes are way out of scale, wrong altitudes, wrong formations...it is way too much fantasyland Hollywood special effects and no where near enough realism to make it credible yet alone watch.  Disappointed that Lucasfilms did not have the intelligence to realize these seemingly basic flaws.  Hollywood is way too obssessed with with special f/x and computer graphics.

Go figure...with all the fancy CGI software and tech...they manage to botch and screw everything up.  Whereas back in the 70's / 80's...when they use physical models or the real aircraft in scenes, the quality and realism was much better. All that fancy 3D software and animations are fine for Avatar, cartoons or movies for kids.  But not for historical movies when they are suppose to recreate the era and try to make it feel like the real thing.  

Warhorse seems like too much Hollywood as well...but Spielberg is smarter about special effects and does a better job not to overdo it.  Saving Private Ryan for example he used a lot of real vehicles that were modeled to look like the real thing.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:49 pm Post subject: Re: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

Warhorse is like Black Beauty goes to war. I left the theatre dissapointed in myself that I fell for this crap "war" movie. Its not a war movie, its a horse movie for teenage horse lovers.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:42 am Post subject: Re: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

In June 2009, an announcement was made that All Quiet on the Western Front will be remade.[4] The cast, crew, and director will be announced before the film's shoot in late 2012. The remake is scheduled for release sometime in 2013 with Daniel Radcliffe starring as Bäumer.

All Quiet on the western front 1979 remake is one of the best war movies ever i think.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

Haven't seen any ww1 or ww2 lately but would like to recommend two titles that I really enjoyed watching.

L'ennemi intime  (eng. Intimate Enemies, France, 2007)
A drama following a French platoon during Algeria's war of independence.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825248/

Link

Go-ji-jeon (eng. The Front Line, South Korea, 2011)
A drama centered on the Korean War's final battle that will determine the border between north and south.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2007387/

Link

Both films are very good imo and worth checking.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

Wow both of those trailers look excellent...thanks for posting.

It is a major pain to try to get independent or foreign-produced films in the U.S.  The Big Hollywood studios have a lot of power and try to keep out these rivals.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:18 am Post subject: Re: Latest War Movies. Reply with quote

Don't know about US but in the EU those films are available on amazon.co.uk and lovefilm.com. You may want to check also ebay.

Anyway, two more films that fall in the same category - foreign, lesser know to broad public but really good.

Ji jie hao (eng. Assembly, China, 2007)
A soldier fights to gain recognition for comrades who died during the Chinese Civil War.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0881200/

Link

L'armée du crime (eng. Army of Crime, France, 2009)
The poet Missak Manouchian leads a mixed bag of youngsters and immigrants in a clandestine battle against the Nazi occupation...

Link

ps.
Army of Crime isn't as good as Army of Shadows or some other later resistance movies like Max Manus or Flame and Citron but still quite entertaining.

EDIT:
Another good one is Lebanon
During the First Lebanon War in 1982, a lone tank and a paratroopers platoon are dispatched to search a hostile town.

Link

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: