Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 pm Post subject: france mod crashes Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just installed France 1940 mod (v3.0) and wanted to try it out straight away so clicked on first battle "D-Day France" and... CTD:o I tried it a couple of times and could get only to units deployment and after that... CTD Crying or Very sad

Here's the pic with mod installed:

Btw, I also tried the second map "First stand" and it's the same problem:/

Could anyone tell me please what's wrong with those two maps? And how to fix them?

Thank you in advance:)

ps.
I copied all the maps that I downloaded from this site (the mappack to be exact).

EDIT:
Another problem with this mod Evil or Very Mad

Is this mod playable actually?

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:45 am Post subject: Re: france mod crashes Reply with quote

This mod works perfectly under CC3 and now works perfectly under COI. No problems....

zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:33 am Post subject: Re: france mod crashes Reply with quote

So why it's not working for me?

hapshott

Rep: 2.1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: france mod crashes Reply with quote

Better late then never. The mod has a file with a really strange name. I just copied this file in the data/base directory out of the mods directory (pln file is just a zip file). Only this mod calls this strange named file, so just putting the file directory is sufficient.

I hope this helps you with running the mod.

BikeRider1

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:49 am Post subject: Re: france mod crashes Reply with quote

I don't understand please elaborate.

hapshott

Rep: 2.1

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: france mod crashes Reply with quote

Hello,

I will try to explain it a bit better.

First you need to unzip the pln file. You can do this easily by renaming the x.pln to x.zip. I aso attached my names.txt, so that you do not have to unzip the pln file.

After the unzip, you will see a names.txt file with special characters before the name.txt . If not, you have to rename the extracted names.txt to the name as shown in your screenshot.

Copy this names.txt to the data\base folder (you can see the name of the file and path in your screenshot). Only the 1940 mod uses this names.txt file.So it doesn't influence the normal and other mods installments.

The most difficult part is to get the special characters. You can do this by using the "character map" under start/accessories/system tools. With this you select the character and with copy and paste you put it in front of your names.txt.

One strange thing. I had the same problem on a different PC, but here the special characters were different. The same holds for the screenshot. here also different special characters are shown. So it depends on your windows version and language settings.

I will check the forum in case there are more questions. good luck with renaming.

With kind regards,

Hapshott

oNames.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  oNames.zip
 Filesize:  1.89 KB
 Downloaded:  551 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: