Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1215
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:36 pm Post subject: i need a background Reply with quote

A historical background to be precise as I'll be playing CC5 soon. So could anyone recommend me some good documentaries covering whole Invasion of Normandy?

ps.
The thread War Documentaries is unfortunately too heavy for me and cannot browse it:(

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:20 pm Post subject: Re: i need a background Reply with quote

too heavy?

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:34 pm Post subject: Re: i need a background Reply with quote

Google your hind-section off...  Wink .

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

zoober

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: i need a background Reply with quote

@papa_whisky
"too heavy" means there are too many youtube vids on single page resulting my browser just hangs while loading the page and I need to close it:(

@dgfred
Will google give me a selection of these good ones? I don't think so.

I'd like to get a feedback from people who have seen many documentaries and can recommend me some titles that are really worth watching (meaning they have in-depth study of the subject, lots of information on both backgrounds of this operation and invasion itself, interviews with veterans, original footage, and so on).

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:08 pm Post subject: Re: i need a background Reply with quote

Haha.

Try some 'Combat Detective' videos and WWII in color for some interesting stuff.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:57 am Post subject: Re: i need a background Reply with quote

Hey zoober.

Its not a doco (Not reallly) but what about the longest day? Its one of my favorite war movies of all time. Its all filmed on location and it follows everything that happened on the dday invasion.

ADD:   Its follows all the country's on both sides. You have to watch it. My brother saw it yesterday. And he thought it was good.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

zoober

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: i need a background Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your replies. I found some interesting vids on YT (Battlefield, Tanks! and Greatest Tank Battles series and Normandy - The Great Crusade) so I got some info I wanted. Also I found very nice thread on armchairgeneral's forum with newsreels showing both US/UK and German footage from fights in Normandy. Very good introduction to CC5:)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: