Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:56 pm Post subject: Utah Grand Campaign, AT_Red_Scorpion vs AT_Dima Reply with quote

full UTAH grand campaign.

Red as yanks and Dima as krauts.

15 min, no morale, no initiative, vl rule and rebuild if crashes.

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

the yanks arrive on Utah beach, commanded by AT_Red_Scorpion. for the defense of nazi occupied normandy is AT_Dima, the creator of Utah mod.

merderet,
the airborne drop starts in merville. facing a meeting vs 1057/91, the AB82s 508 is dug in.
dima assaults with two guns and infantry taking up positions most over the whole map while i am set to stop him from getting supply. airsupport is called upon the pak.

dima assaults across the hedges in north towards a supply route, but is repulsed.

azeville,
505/82 in meeting with Sturm. Bat. deploy zones terribly close with 12cm mortars tormenting any attempt at fastly taking a good area. dima however uses the mobility of his tanks to cover the east flank. whats more troubling is a 2 tank + gun attack directly on my deploy zone once battle starts.

two 60mm mortars pins his assault troops down, but im still not strong enough to gain the advantage of this worrying situation.

the zooks with 100m range miss mostly, but to my delight one takes out a light tank with 1 shot.

a slight shock of panic when my last zook fires off its last rounds at 1 tank only disabling one of the crew men. luckily its immobilised. assault with two coy teams, but none of them use their gammon, and are rightfully annihilated. battle ends with a worrying situation for me.

tare green,
the landing forces are finally here at break of dawn. a heavy tank armada is set up to reach exit vl.

dozers and DD tanks rushes forward under fire from snipers and AT rifles. 1 gun is destroyed but 3 tanks lost and dima is defending exit vl with most of his units. i fail to get it. damnit!

amfreville,
507/82 is poised at a terrible meeting engagement vs the 1057/91. not favoured at all here i try to extend deploy lightly and make a speedy assault into city, which is stopped right away. zook misses the pak that has been moved into torment my men.

the grenadieres manage to take control of the city. without cover of houses and strong support, how am i to take the situation and mold it into my own? terrible casualties. this was not the intended drop zone was it eisenhower?!

a bocage battle in the center. the 50cal makes a good introduction of himself. the sneaking coy team is soon to face the nades of the german team above the hedge.

to be cont...

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

(continuation of previous post)

vierville,
the AB has manged to take control of the vierville area, but comes under attack by a nearby stationed FJ battlegroup. the AB in position to counter attack for once. from north west under cover of smoke a strong contingent of paras move up towards the german positions under heavy bombardment of two 12cm.

killing 2 FJ squads they end up facing a 2nd line accompanied by a Inf Geschütz. the AB quickly kills the IG and tries to move on under smoke and suppression, however, the lethal FJs are dug in and without really strong support a movement is impossible.

a 2nd IG is flanked by a rifle group, but a couple of 12cm shells stop that assault. at same time the HQ team stops a späher team from progressing in center.

the airsupport is called in on a nest of FJs. the HQ team has now advanced but is facing a mg42 in the center. we are both running low on men.

the battle ends with the FJs without supply and pushed back further. will dima let them stay?

uncle red,
another landing battallion faces off with the german resistance. its hard to manouver all tanks over the mine ridden beach, crowded with barbwire and obstacles. the germans defend the center with AT rifles and guns, and i move desperately to secure the exit vl. i fail again, with only seconds left due to an immobilised tank blocking my way. grrrrr!!!

chef du pont,
502/101 meets the 1/6FJ in chef du pont. now who will be the "boss of the bridge?" i move a massive band of units to secure the big residential areas. 12cm shells are dropping on me relentlessly. in center i move up a howizter and some teams to the south as well. i reach the buildings with my troops.

the 12cm mortars are merciless, and my howizter is destroyed immediately. *sigh* i retort with a zooka disabling his IG.

the northernmost area sees 3-4 FJ teams coming up. i call on the airsupport again. the FJs shut up and suffer!

seeing a FJ squad moving across open road to take the garrison barracks i move up a 30cal and an engineer team. bad idea. dima attacks my rear with plenty of teams and im destroyed.

disasterous meeting procedures by me. not reached any quality of playing so far with this mod.

st come du mont,
light tanks supported by grens take this big map into their claws, as im desperately trying to cut him off supply. 100m ranging zooks dont work like you want on a big map like this.
in final seconds dima makes his assault for eastern most road vl

but my efforts pay off, despite gruesome casualties

thus ends the first day. can say you need to think differently than gjs when your playing this mod.

things dont work the same thanks to bgs, ranges, weapons etc. but a lovely mod.

dima to compile afternoon's battles.

Ceci tuera cela

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

06.06.1944, 2 o'clock

When these big guys in Berlin have got reports that Allies landed in Normandy AT_Dima, as chief commander of german forces on Cotentin Penninsula, got order to throw assaulting yanks into the sea.

795.OST retreated to Quinville.
II./6.FJ was ordered to breakthru to rally points in the Le Varimesmil
or Periers by means of scattered teams(=disband).
I./919./709 received same order Very Happy

Mederet,
As scattered groups of US paratroopers cut supply lines of II./1057./91.LLD all it's tanx ran out of fuel after morning battles. Infantry concetranted to launch attack on 'to Montebourg' VL and clear supply routs under cover of 2cm FlaK38 and Ft-18 light tank.

and attack stops at the road, as hedge beyond the road was occupied by armed-to-the-teeth paratroopers. And FlaK was so slow to come and support grenadiere.

Red tried to take some hedges in the center and south but was repulsed taking light casualties.
So ended that battle...

Azeville,
Grenadiere of Sturm.Bat.AOK7 prepared for final attack to take cathedral controlled by paratroopers of 2nd/505th/82nd with support of 2 H39 light tanx,FlaK38 and 2 12cm mortars.But paratroopers were rdy for that attack and bloody business began...
In the very beginning grenadiere sustained hvy casualties and FlaK was ordered to move closer to flank defenders and support new attack. But it was soon destoyed by lucky zooka shot Mad . Command H39 covered yanks attack on 'to St.Mere Eglise' VL sustained zooka rocket and lost commander and gun thus became useless...

at least US teams that covered Junction were annihilated...

Grenadiere are sneaking to cathedral...

Only to be massacred by ABs...H39 miracally escapes hit...

Red tried to move reserves to houses but MG42 was rdy for it Twisted Evil

Both sides sustained hvy casualties. But that battle brought no satisfaction to germans...Next battle we should take the cathedral!

to be cont...

Last edited by Dima on Sat May 21, 2005 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the AAR!

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer reports!

Dima

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuation of previous reply...
06.06.1944,2 o'clock

Amfreville,

II./1057./91.LLD was ordered to attack ABs that dug in the hedgegerows next to Amfreville town and bolcked supply route to Mederet area. Greandiere concentrated in the south and center with support of 2 8cm mortars ,1 B2 Flamm and PzIIIH.3 teams were with support of FlaK38 were in defence in case of scattered AB teams try to reach the town.
...but Red decided to make full scale attack on the town with support of 2 60mm mortars and 2 M8 How Packs.Battle began with hvy searching fire provided my Howitzers. Grenadiere sustained casualties, FlaK crew was annihilated by close 75mm HE explosion so it was decided to retreat deeper in the town, leaving MG42 to cover retreat.

Meanwhile attack toward to Mederet e ncountered weak defense in the south and procceded smoothly.

Situation in the town became deperate and Flametank and PzIII were ordered to stop paratroopers advance.B2 crushed hedges and moved to destroy howitzers, mortars provide smoke screent to avoid zooka flank shot.

first howitzer annihilated, while PzIII took it's place to cover junction

PzIII tries to stop paras crossing the street but sustained flanking hit by 75mm HEAT shell and was destoryed. Seconds after that howitzer got whacked Twisted Evil.

forgot to take screenshot on debrief but anyway that's the location of both sides in the end of battle

Chef-du-Pont,

I./6.FJ fallschirmjagere were in mood to show those 'erzatz fallschirmajagere' who is the boss Very Happy . Weak defense was set near to St.-Comu-Du-Mont road and in hedges close to Garrison Barracks. Forces concetrated to assualt Hotel Du Pont with support of leIG18 and 2 12cm mortars.But as in Amfreville Red decided to make full scale attack toward St.-Comu-Du-Mont and fake attack toward Garrison Barracks.

but brave fallschirmajagere and 12cm mines pinned attacks down

german attack on Hotel Du Pont was total success!

12cm defensive fire not allowed ABs to proceed further after they took St.-Comu-Du-Mont road and bridge and allowed reserved to come from the center.

in the north fallschirmjagere encountered mortar batterys and took cew as prisoners! There were last defenders covered to Vierville road that were quickly annihilated after they refused to surrender Razz .

Counter attack in the south destoroyed last paratroopers....

Overall results Twisted Evil

St.Come-Du-Mont,
As Chef-Du-Pont was cleared of enemy supply route is open for III./1058./91.LLD Razz .The minimum objective for this battle was to capture road to Auville-Sur-Le-Vey.The maximum was to clear map off enemy.Grenadiere attacked with support of 3 R35 light tanx and 2 8cm mortars.Met weak resistance.Reached objective minimum! Slowly proceeded to south taking mortar fire, tanx provided searching fire on buildings w/o much effect.

results for that battle.

End of 06.06.1944 results Cool .

Hedges13

Rep: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Reports - I cant wait for the next one!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account MSN Messenger

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:02 pm Post subject: 07.06.44 Reply with quote

monteburg,
508/82 moved from merderet into monteburg, to make place for 325/82 GB that arrived in st mere eglise the night before. in monteburg the 508/82 clashed with the 921/243.

infantry assault across hedges! (folks, check out the explosions! the hand grenades in UTAH have bigger explosion animates than in gold juno sword. looking great imo)

USAF takes care of a grenadiere team laying close to center revealing my positions to the tank that is pursuing me.

as the infantry was disemboweled from above, the light tank eyes are plucked. the zooka teams kills it at 2nd attempt!

my command team rushes under cover of smoke to take ground before battle halts.

not too bad results considering im fighting mg42s and light tanks on a very NASTY MAP without heavier support than zooks and airsupport. yeah, this map is one of the toughest to attack properly imo.

quineville,
the 8/4 catches up with the Ost795 in quineville. these georgian mofos escaped tare green because of my inefficieny there, but now the scorpion is here to sting.

flanking assault on the beach. lucky mortars kill my halftrack!

the yanks rush for supply vl of the osts and pzjäger team is assassinated as they lie in waiting there.

my command tank is finished by a pak35, but a mighty naval barrage kills the gun. 3 ost teams including a maxim is hiding in building and is causing me many losses as first wave of assault troops fail.

bayonetts are fixed, 2nd wave begins.

the lethal charge of bayonetts finished the defenders.

the airforce is once again called upon to finish a pak38 that unfortunately kills a light tank of mine.

mission failed in that i didnt disband the osts, but they have not many positions left now.

Ceci tuera cela

Last edited by RedScorpion on Mon May 23, 2005 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

azeville,
or the battle of the cathedral

dima's grenadieres are moving up on all sides of the cathedral. my defense in the wood house is nullified by the impressive powers of his 2 12cm mortars.

the grens pushing from all directions, supported by 2 AA flaks, 1 IG and a 2 light tanks.

2 guns have been destroyed, 1 light tank immobilised, 1 gun has 1 crew member left only, and dima is pushing from all directions assaulting the mighty cathedral of azeville.

the first 2 waves of assault on my right flank have been crushed, and the pioneers finally surrender after a heavy battering amongst bibles and crosses inside the church. the AB persists so far.

the 2nd light tank move up. a lone zook man destroys it a point blank range. my men stop another assault from the west this time, but its becoming unstoppable.

a final assault by a zugführer team from the east along with survivors of the western assault takes the church with seconds left. but a very brave defense, and it sure costed dima alot this church. enjoy it by the way, coz we AB are all ATHEISTS haha Razz

merderet,
the GB assaults the 1057/91 in merderet. finally a bg with guns.
the AB finds grens holding the big building of my deploy zone. i assault, but they are just too strong.

i make use of 57mm gun good. killing a pak and a light tank moving it around a little, before a nasty schreck throws its 88mm at it killing everyone managing it.

lets turn our eyes to my northern flank attack. another light tank is destroyed with zooka and flamers.

the flamers keep hunting the german bandits!

another assault on big house, but still not successful. the grenadieres still defend strongly!

the paras take the monteburg vl and kill swiftly the defending forces.

another light tank is destroyed by zooka.

very satisfying results

to be continued

Ceci tuera cela

Dima

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
not too bad results considering im fighting mg42s and light tanks on a very NASTY MAP without heavier support than zooks and airsupport. yeah, this map is one of the toughest to attack properly imo.

jaja! all tanx are Tigers, all SPs are Ferdinands and all MGs are MG42s Very Happy .

US intellegence failed once again that was sMG34 Twisted Evil .Wish i had MG42 in 243.GD! Only Pioneer Abt. received some number.

Quote:
i make use of 57mm gun good. killing a pak

After that battle I./1057./91.LLD reported 12cm FlaK38,1 S35 and 2 Ft-18c irreparable. So no PaK was lost Wink.

AT_Dima,commander in charge of german forces in Contentin Penninsula.

Tacloban

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reading, guys. Thanks. I'm going to reload my stock maps from the CD and try this mod.

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

the two battles that end morning of the 7th

amfreville,
in control of northern part of the residential areas. tried to expand a little, but lost too much in the start to the mad flamer tank.

the USAF and a zook manages only damage and immobilise the tank, it would not be scrapped.

the grenadieres counter attacks the chateau which is held by rifle team and zook.

despite suppressing the grens with flanking fire and mortar, their overwhelming numbers prove to be the end of the paras holding the building.

stosstruppen finally assault the house from where i provided flanking fire, now in the same position.
the paras surrender.

a tough battle coming up tomorrow for me ladies and gentlemen.

carentan,
501/101 AB moves from st come du mont into carentan. there lies the III/6 FJ in waiting.
12cm mortars drop their lethal load on the airborne men, killing a mortar team thats been set to work behind the cover of the cathedral.

i move units on north flank, but am tormented by small arms and mortars slaying a good deal of them.

the city hall is assaulted by FJs in the middle of the battle.

the AB knows their profession, killing the team as it enters and retaking the city hall, despite being heavily supressed!

the germans draw near the cathedral towards the end, assaulting on all sides.

pushed back, but not yet desperate.

so ends the morning of the 7th.

Ceci tuera cela

Dima

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

07.06.1944, 2 o'clock

SturmBatallion AOK7 moved from Azeville to Tare Green beach to cut supplies of 2/8/4ID.
795OST moved from Quineville to Azeville .

III./1058./91.LLD reports new unit attacking it's positions in St.Come-Du-Mont. Intelligence reports that it can be elements of 22/4ID.
I./6.FJR reports new US unit moving toward it's position in Chef-Du-Pont. Identification prisoner told that he serves in 1/506/101AB...

Montebourg,

II./921./243GDwas ordered to destroy paratroopers infiltrated in the southern suburbs of Montebourg.
Grenadiere attacked to take road to Mederet with support of 2 8cm mortars, 1 H39 and 1 FlaK38.

Another attack by means of Pioniere with support of IKH290(r) was commited on house that was taken by ABs last battle.

After short but bloody battle house was taken.

Meanwhile yanks attacked Pierre's Farm defended by Grenadiere from Replacement Batalion and captured it.H39 tank that suported Grenadiere was knocked out.

Results of the battle.

Mederet,

I./1057./91.LLD set defence and prepared to repulse attack of glidermen of 1/325/82AB.
Scharfshutze Beck didn't allow enemy to move or run thrugh the crops as he shot everybody who was stupid enuf to raise.

US heavy infantry attacked under cover of smoke screen...

But found themselves under crossfire and sustained hvy casualties...

Results of the battle

Azeville,

Osttruppen are on their way to take no-mans-land with support of 3 8.2cm mortars and 3.7cm PaK35/36.

Aufklarer enters the strategically important house just in time to engage enemy soldiers trying to take same house! Yanks are annihilated Twisted Evil .

Soon another US attack is successfull and georgians are down.

Paras took road to Tare Green and proceeded further toward Le Danbouge . Mortar Barrage is unleashed on AB heads to stop their advance.

Brave georgians repulsed attack! Razz

But paras that attacked from rear annihilated last defenders...
Another 2 american attacks were committed on Hell's Corner and Block House. Hell's Corner was captured by paras.

Results of the battle.

Amfreville,

ABs counter attacked Chateau that was defended by KpFuhrergruppe and Grenadiere and after fearsome engagement captured it .Same time lucky bazooka shot knocked out FlaK38. Crying or Very sad

Stosstruppen gathered for counter attacked with support of B2Flamm but it was immobilized by bazooka rocket.

Grenadiere moved back and began to repulse american attacks...

B2Flamm was knocked out by HEAT rifle grenade! Evil or Very Mad

Resluts of the battle:

Chef-Du-Pont,

1/506/101AB attacked fallschirmajagere of I./6.FJR . FJ counter attacked and took some ground inflicting casualties to ABs.

Results of the battle:

St.Come-Du-Mont,

2/22/4ID attacked III./1058./91.LLD with infantry, 3 medium tanx,2 Tankdozers 2 Halftracks with support of 2 Lt.Guns by two approaches(western and eastern).
Medium tank and Tankdozer on western flank were destroyed by 2 shots of 8.8cm PAK43.While Scharfschutze and 8cm mortars didn't allow GIs to run or walk.

On eastern flank 8.8cm FlaK36 destroyed medium tank and halftrack but was unable to penetrate fontal hull of Tankdozer ,ceased fire and began to wait untill dozer shows it's rear or side.

FlaK was spotted by enemy scouts and desperate duel with tankdozer has began. FlaK managed to hit weak spot in turret's mantle thus broke dozer's gun and killed 2 crewmembers. Remaining crew bailed out.

Back to west flank where another FlaK36 destroyed US halftrack...

Battle results:

Carentan,

2nd battle of Carentan began with AB attacks in the center and north-east.

FJ counterattacked, destroyed attackers and took some ground.

War correspondent's camera was hit by bullet and some shots r missing Very Happy.Some of the results of that battle:

Overall results by the end of 07.06.1944.

So ends 2nd day of battle for Contentin Penninsula.

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

morning of 8th of june

monteburg,
the AB still fighting hard bocage fighting vs MG34 and light tanks. managing to kill another light tank at the very outset of the battle, along with a bunch of grenadiers hiding in building.

assaulting a flak38, but grens protecting it punishes my attempt quickly.

the carnage spreads in the bocage surrounding monteburg

still not much of a progess, apart from destroying a tank or two per battle.

merderet,
attempting to continue the assault from the tiny piece of land the AB paid for with so many floods of blood.

the germans are prepared. the assault starts with a thick wall of smoke, and i move up the howitzer though gate of hedge.

a well placed schreck team doesnt fool around, killing the howitzer before it even gets to do damage.

the church is assaulted, but first team is almost entirely killed by a schreck round, leaving 2 men against a powerful concentration of german fire from the barn. a battle they cannot win.

2 more teams assault church assuring the death of grenadieres and murderous sniper lurking in tower.

wave of assault into barn. first engineers dont do much apart from getting killed by small arms. a coy team assaults accompanied by the reserves, a 30cal team.

1 man remaning deals with the german forces left with this thompson, the barn in allied hands!

to be continued...

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

azeville,
still fighting the georgian mofos aka Ost795 in azeville. they are now w/o supplies, but still armed with decent equipment - maxims, morts, ppshs, etc.

attacking along north flank, 4 teams duel a maxim and 1 reacon moves quickly up to find whats behind the northern hedge. osttruppen set on ambush behind. M3 kills 3 osts, but they are still strong enough to take down the lone reacon guy.

moving up a stronger force while suppressing the maxim, and a quick assault of nades under mortar bombardment.

rifle team moves up straight in front of maxim thats running low on ammo. gammon bomb is unleashed, killing all but 1 remaining georgian.

paras move further into the bocage, being flanked from south big bunker, but main problem is a light pak defending from the hedge shooting of a team as i try to move it into cover. dima's mortars have been spotted, i see them moving for cover, and i now realise im free to run w/o fear of vengeance from above.

so i assault on left flank which is left unguarded, finding enemy positions in barn. i assault from 2 directions, defense is not strong from house.

its the 2 mortar teams seeking shelter in the barn! nades and "geronimo!!!" as the airborne boys fix their bayonetts and butcher the desperate mortar teams.

good, but not good enough as the bastards are still on map!

tare green,
the sturm bat is w/o fuel in tare green, facing cavalry light division with lots of infantry and light M5A1 tanks. i assault carefully since the 12cm morts will punish me surely as soon as he sees me running.

rooting out a mg42 nest with smoke, mortars and nades and small arms.

seconds left i realise i didnt use the naval barrage, and i unload it on a bunch of fleeing grenadieres.

not much of a progress really Crying or Very sad

amfreville,
german battlegroup still strong, while allies lost almost 50%, but im happy to still be on the map, and now having destroyed both tanks and some light guns i feel strong enough here to make some adventures into the bocage.

infantry attack on the east flank. aufklärer team in hedge proved to be a tough match with their small arms. note 50cal outduelling mg42 in the hedge below.

moving down south from chateau as grenadiere team inside building had been neutralised.

finding myself in ambush i desperately use my airsupport on the ambush, which turns out to be only a grenadiere team. what a waste! members of pinned down team also dies from the very "friendly fire"

schrecks and mgs torment my 2 teams left in the chaeatu, and they appear, 3 teams of german infantry running, assaulting and taking back the chateau. surely the chateau has been the scene of countless of battles so far, with i guess at least 50 men loosing their lives, or even more.

battle is not yet over, despite lack of screenshots.

1, my flank assault in east is stopped by road vl by 2 teams. my 50cal destroys almost a grenadiere team, but they assault and beat my men to death. still the hedge vl is a gain for me.

2, from two directions i counter attack the chateau knowing dima is weak there as he took lots of casualties assaulting it. i retake it before end of battle, also retaking north road vl which mysteriously turned german without anyone knowing why. saboteurs in the region?

to be continued[/i]

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

chef du pont,
laggy game like hell. first time we tried it a couple of mins into it. 2nd try it lagged, we both had to play through mini map at times, but at least we made it through.

attacked on west flank in first battle, but so hard to progress over these fields, you will take square metre in return for a body weight in blood. decided to try smth else in 2nd attempt, to use my zooks vs the buildings and hope theyd shocked enough for assault on buildings and eastwards.

red circles are my 2 zooks set to fire at start.

great success. screams of agony from chef du pont building, and building next to it. i continue to fire a couple of rounds. to my cruel delight, more german yelling! suddently i can see soldiers on mini map, and support teams - two rifle teams commence firing, finishing off FJ inf and schreck in chef du pont house.

späher team is hiding in building south of hotel du pont. i try assault. damn it! pinned down by 12cm mortars which dima tell me later had clear los. eooo!

a rifle team makes it into the building, but they are as suppressed as the german späher team! neither the assault team nor zook nor 30cal can fire due to no clear los (bugga!) im relieved when the FJ späher offers the white flag! team moves south to grab next building. its still held by a battered FJ inf team. still 3 men alive. finally i manage to butcher them and move forward, but im stopped by 2nd schreck and hvy mg34!

a lone zook man manages to conquer garrison barracks, he moves down to take bridge, he even takes to st come du mont vl. then i see men darting forward from the bocage. i figure its either FJs or 12cm mortar teams. i call upon the USAF which blesses the germans with a P38 that doesnt kill anyone. pic is taken when i lost site of the running squads btw.

ending results. dima retakes church and garrison barracks, but still some peace of AB vs the fearsome alpine butchers!

to be continued with st come du mont...

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

st come du mont,
this map i paid dearly on last time. couldnt spot his ATGs until it was way too late, knocked out plenty of good tanks for me. time to make some progress here.

decide to attack in wolf pack style. tighly knitten formation of pirahnas in slow style attack.

a lone sniper terrorises the wolf pack, and mortar shells drop down mercilessly; the pack reaches the house without any big losses.

mortars and a grenadiere team make a difference, taking down most of a rifle team. more worrying to me, my dozer gets smashed by an 88 somewhere in the bocage down the road. i use my barrage with no effect. Crying or Very sad

having no second thoughts of calling on USAF the nasty 88 goes up in flames!

M5A1 takes out light tank in duel, and germans withdraw to form 2nd line below road. the remains of trashed rifle team are gunned down by mg42.

pak40 is spotted covering the cross roads. i try move up bazooka, but the men just wont go anywhere apart from 1 guy. weird. i decide to call on command m4 to flank the pak40 as teams enter pommenauque vl

but timer cuts me short.

carentan,
the airborne still provide a stiff challenge for the FJs in carentan area.
defense on schedule today as my dz had been sliced up and infested with krauts as a result of my previous attempts at attack. just not strong enough to attack here im afraid.

storm warriors draw near, but the myth of AB invincibility in carentan lives on.

after FJ is repulsed the AB makes great sacrifices in men from forces previously defending cathedral

when trying to gain a house or two.

my defense of cathedral has been weakened from my counter assault, and FJs are gathering up next to church in pursuit of domination. USAF brought into the action - swift annihilation from above by P38!

losing some, gaining some, but killing mostly!

so ends morning of 8th of june 1944 in utah region!

Ceci tuera cela

Dima

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

08.06.1944, 2 o'clock

No changes on strategical map.

Mounebourg,

Paras commited full scale attack on Gendarmie building, but were pinned down by 8cm mortars and sMG34. After that Pioniere with support of H39 counter attacked pinned enemy and annihilated all ABs participating in that attack.

decided that most paratroopers took part in the attack, grenadiere defended road to Azeville began it's advance toward the road to Mederet with support of FlaK38 and H39.

H39 tried to flank building but was ambushed by bazooka team and damaged...After it managed to kill 1 man of that team another paratrooper surrendered.Meanwhile Grenadiere captured 2 story house but sustained hvy losses and were unable to capture road to Mederet .

Results of the battle:

Heroes of the battle:

to be continued with Mederet battle...

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuation of the previuos reply....

Mederet,

Yanks attacked toward Chauteau de Motey with support of mortars and 75mm howitzer.

Brave Grenadiere with support of PaK40s repulsed attackers time and again.

PAK40 spread death on enemy waves.

But yanks launched another human wave and overtook defenders!

Enemy tried to KO PaK40 by 75mm How but it was destroyed!!!

After taking Chauteau de Motey GIs tried to advance further toward the road to Amfreville but were repulsed !

Results of the battle:

Azeville,

Surrendered 795OST Batallione received orders to defence to the last men.
Grenadiere set defensive perimeter around Gun Battery bunker ...

Paratroopers attacked from all approaches....grenadiere became drastically low on ammo.

another attack commited from western approach...

from eastern approach...

from south!

grenadiere killed alot of enemy but instead of 1 fallen GI other 5 come!!!!!
Georgians decided to counter attack the enemy toward road Patato Patch.

Killing spree!!!

in the last seconds yank annihilated defenders and captured Block House.
Result of the battle:

Tare Green,

Sturm.Bat still desperatly tries to hold US advance from the beaches...
Yanks attacked with infantry under cover of Light Tanx.

2 lt tanx were immobilized by 2 PzSchreck rockets, 1 Lt tank tried to capture road to Quineville but was destoryed by PzFaust!

Another Lt Tank was KO by PAK38.

another Stew was KO by lucky 12cm mortar shot(it was the last shell!).

Red called NAVAL barrage on hedges along road to Quineville that spread havoc among grenadiere! Shocked

Some naval shells missed it's targets and stroke yanks Twisted Evil !

Results:

Amfreville,

Paras attacked toward road to Mederet. Grenadiere falled back sustaining hvy casualties. 8cm mortars launched shell after shell to pin yank and allow counterattack to be made...

Counter attack succeded,ABs were disperced and road to Mederet was recaptured. But Red launched another attack toward Hotel Amfreville that was stopped by sMG42.

Results:

to be continue with Chef-Du-Pont...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: