Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:34 am Post subject: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

From the donations page.....

Thank you for taking an interest in contributing to CCS. The creators of this site are dedicated to supporting the Close Combat community. Specifically, our primary goal is to promote and facilitate more players to play Close Combat on and offline. We do this by creating guides, participating in forums and providing a place to download Close Combat mods. Since the sites inception, we have had over 15,000 players and modders join up from over 90 countries. Please be assured that this site is in no way donation dependant, nor will it ever be. It is privately sponsered by members in the community. Your donation is simply a way to say thank you for our services, and to the community for thier contributions. The donations are applied fully and directly to the bill that we pay every August.

Hey guys...

I want to thank everyone who has donated money to the site since 2005. For seven years I have accepted your donations and put them squarely onto the bill, year after year. For those seven years the bill was about 80$ per month, with a little bit extra for registering a few domain names. Now that CCS has moved to a new server, costing me a mere 11$ per month, I have decided to stop accepting cash donations.

The original message at the top still rings true, CCS was never donation dependant. However, what those of you who donated did was alleviate the stress of coming to terms with a yearly bill and made it known to me you appreciated all the work behind the scenes.

Thank you everyone!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

mooxe,

Let me be the first to say, that I have greatly appreciated all that you and others have done to make this site truely great.

Money or donations notwithstanding, I am always astounded that someone like yourself can supply the dedication to manage and provide this unique site to the community.

Apart from that, over time, I know you have worked to help others in the broader community beyond this site.

For all these things, please accept my sincere thanks.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:11 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

Well said!  &   ditto!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

Thank you Mooxe for everything you done for CC and this site!

verba

Rep: 16.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

woww Mooxe you an honest man!

thanks for the site!!

nikits72

Rep: 41

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:55 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

Mooxe ,

you have earned the respect of  CC community all these years.

It is obvious once more that this has not been done by accident.

(Excuse my lame English)

Regards,

nikits72 with the unexploding grenade.

nikits72 with the unexploding grenade...

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:37 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

"Euge bone serve et fidelos"

"percute et percute velociter"

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

also like to say a big thanks to Mooxe and all that help here.

and all the guys who play close combat in all its forms its more than a game its an adventure.

Tiger

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:46 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

Thank-You very much for not only the site but for the ftp to upload files.

It's Awesome Baby! Smile

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

Mooxe,

So often initiatives such as these are taken with the best intentions by a small number of people or a single individual but then peter out and die a death nobody will notice. Luckily CCS has so far survived and we have got YOU to thank for it. I know what it is like to be one of the pillars of a small community of enthousiasts and I know how much time and commitment goes into it. Which is why I have always been impressed by your explicit statement to cover all costs if necessary. So, I thank you for your continued commitment!

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

Bon boulot!

Keep the head clear.
Once you aiming your target.
And look at the result!

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:14 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

It has occurred to me, and some others, that if this site is to persist at least another 6 years (to the end of Win 7), new site software will be required.

The current software has aged to a point, were it is vulnerable to exploits, spammers, and roque scripts, that have resulted in many of the sites features being in "lock down" mode, because the features themselves cannot be secured from the ever-growing and more sophisticated threats. Surely, the time involved in managing the site to protect its data, has risin over time.

To make this software (and its subsequent installation) a possibilty, might require that the option to donate to the site be re-instated.

If new site software cannot be obtained or implemented, IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME, before the time required to maintain or defend the site, cannot be obtained.

In addition to new site software, the presentation of the site needs to change as well, in anticipation of the closure (or end) of 2D CC game development. Focus needs to shift from major mods, to current re-releases of those mods, and how these are adverstised and presented to forumites when they visit the site.

Apart from donating money, perhaps all of us should find ways to donate our time to the development of an all-together brand new site, since it would seem that the 2D games are viable into the far future.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:20 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

Quote:
The current software has aged to a point, were it is vulnerable to exploits, spammers, and roque scripts, that have resulted in many of the sites features being in "lock down" mode, because the features themselves cannot be secured from the ever-growing and more sophisticated threats.

Hopefully, because of what the content is and few hits the site gets this is a site that misses most of that stuff (except some spammers) STWA that seem to get everywhere with incessant adds.

Thank you from myself also Mooxe for everything.

JS

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:08 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

Most of the spam is from registered members  Wink

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Most of the spam is from registered members  Wink

No doubt.  Laughing

What was I thinking.  Question  [slaps forehead]

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

I am kind of hoping that this software gets so old people wont remember or figure out how to hack it.

The donations were reinstated a few months ago. My attempt at going with a cheap web server failed. You get what you pay for, and that was a ton of downtime.

If this sites focus is going to change to the new versions, we need someone with a passion to make the changes or make a new site entirely.

I have lost a lot of interest in CC over the years, including maintaining the site. I am keeping the site online though because you guys are all still using it. There is still a massive amount of bandwidth leaving this site to mod downloaders, I am sure there's many forum lurkers as well. I am basically just keeping the site on life support and trying to patch the boo-boos when they show up. If new major files are released, like the last three mods in beta version, I will add them and that's where I draw the line.

If someone wants to create a new site, with a new focus I am all for it. Maybe it will help reinvigorate me to play some CC. I would love to see a new Close Combat site.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

I am kind of hoping that this software gets so old people wont remember or figure out how to hack it.

The donations were reinstated a few months ago. My attempt at going with a cheap web server failed. You get what you pay for, and that was a ton of downtime.

If this sites focus is going to change to the new versions, we need someone with a passion to make the changes or make a new site entirely.

I have lost a lot of interest in CC over the years, including maintaining the site. I am keeping the site online though because you guys are all still using it. There is still a massive amount of bandwidth leaving this site to mod downloaders, I am sure there's many forum lurkers as well. I am basically just keeping the site on life support and trying to patch the boo-boos when they show up. If new major files are released, like the last three mods in beta version, I will add them and that's where I draw the line.

If someone wants to create a new site, with a new focus I am all for it. Maybe it will help reinvigorate me to play some CC. I would love to see a new Close Combat site.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:02 am Post subject: Re: CCS Donations No More! Reply with quote

If someone wants to create a new site, with a new focus I am all for it. Maybe it will help reinvigorate me to play some CC. I would love to see a new Close Combat site. -mooxe

Right, but as long as this site remains, starting another, would just be a beeg time waster.

After all, THERE IS another site for CC and that is the one that is sponsored by Matrix and Schrecken. You can get most of the old mods there as well.

So, what sets this site apart from the others, is the culture within the site that was established over the years.

Maybe you still enjoy the maintenance, without realizing that. Had it been moi, I would have reduced it to a FTP server by now.  Laughing   ...  just kidding ya

Surely you can admit, that the lurker community (the largest segment), must derive some entertainment from logging in to watch the lifers stick it to each other on a daily basis.  Laughing

Its like the low end of reality TV.  Wink  

So ya, it would be cool to have a new focus. You don't have to ditch the CC5 related content to do that.  Exclamation

I wouldn't mind starting a CCMT site, but I just don't have the connections to the proper Matrix types. And any site dedciated to CCMT would have a VERY SMALL fan base.  Laughing  Wink  AND ... I believe CC 3D is going to be modern, oui.  Question

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info

Jump to: