Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
caruso

Rep: 23.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:14 am Post subject: Realizing... Reply with quote

Hi all!!!

I think i will stop to play any war game. I've always had a really natural passion for history, especially WW2 one. So playng games like close combat, was even more than a game for me.

As u can understand is such a big decision, a big change, not just for the above reason but even cause since i got my first pc in 1996 i started to play.

Why i've decided to stop? cause at least, IMO, i feel i don't have any right, to play on a too serious thing, like WW2. It's quite funny i didn't realize this before, but some times in life, changese need time.

This is just what's in my mind and probably my soul and i'm not here to give lessons to anyone. I'm writing this just cause we may share the same passion.

Take care guys,

Francesco.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 am Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

caruso wrote (View Post):
Hi all!!!

I think i will stop to play any war game. I've always had a really natural passion for history, especially WW2 one. So playng games like close combat, was even more than a game for me.

As u can understand is such a big decision, a big change, not just for the above reason but even cause since i got my first pc in 1996 i started to play.

Why i've decided to stop? cause at least, IMO, i feel i don't have any right, to play on a too serious thing, like WW2. It's quite funny i didn't realize this before, but some times in life, changese need time.

This is just what's in my mind and probably my soul and i'm not here to give lessons to anyone. I'm writing this just cause we may share the same passion.

Take care guys,

Francesco.

Hello Francesco. I read your post and i just had to login to make a reply.

I feel the exact same way as you do.
WW2 has always been my passion. It was the greatest, saddest, biggest and worst war in history.  Like you, i also find it the most interesting.

But you have to understand its the PRECISE REASON I PLAY CLOSE COMBAT!!
No other game realistically portrays war like Close Combat. No other game shows me what its like for a man to be in a shell hole crying geting ready to be killed or captured.
No other game has triggered my emotions and imagination like Close Combat.
It realistically simulates Bravery, Sacrifice and general goings on in combat. It realistically gives you a glimpse of what foot soldiers may of gone through.

I am passionately apposed to games such as Call of duty and medal of honor. That glamorize war in the most FAKE, stupid, immature, and basic way.
Im not like other People my age. (Im 21)
Hearts of iron is a realistic map based simulation wear you control a nation. Total war portrays medieval warfare.
But no game portrays WW2 combat like Close Combat. And i believe it honors the historical event of WW2. Like no other.

I wish all WW2 games were as good as Close Combat.

I hope you read this. -Antony

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

caruso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 am Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Hello Antony!

Good morning and thanks for the attenction.

Well, that was almost the same reason i use to play. Then i asked to my self:" Do i have the right to have fun on their blood?"; "Wouldn't be better to let them rest in peace?".

That's it  Wink ! Btw life is a road with many stops. Your feelings about everyday life can change, or not  Smile !

Cheers

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:53 am Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Well i dont think its wrong at all.
I dont want to a huge debate. And too use countless examples. But what about reading
books?
Movies?
Games are the worst for it. But Close Combat apposes all that in my eyes.

Im have been watching alot of docos about the cold war and WW2 with my brother. I want to play 2player with him. Only Close Combat will show him what WW2 was really like.

By playing Close Combat it can only increase his empathy for what really happened.
And i believe its very impotent to know what happened. And to have empathy. And i have no shame it recreating history. I think its a positive thing.

Having fun over spillt blood is not the way i look at it. I wish i lived in a world wear all my mates played Close Combat. But they play silly killing games. They are the true insult.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

caruso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:13 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

It's easy to "have fun and recreate" sitting on ur chair instead of being there eating some real shit, i mean Smile! I think that only a veteran who was there have the right to play...and sure, most of them wouldn't feel that much to play.

And this is not moralism. It's just calling the things with their real names instead of hiding behind a finger.

But hey! As i wrote above i'm not here to give lessons to anybody. I just wanted to be clear about how and why my opinion changed. And sure, each of us has one. Maybe one year agoo i was going to answer like you to the same kind of question.

Bye bye

edit: I hope i didn't sound arrogant. That wasn't my pourpouse  Smile !

Alberian

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes  Who are these people?

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:05 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes  Dunno?

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:18 am Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

I think that only a veteran who was there have the right to play...and sure, most of them wouldn't feel that much to play.!

I dont think only they have the right to play. Are you a born again Christian or something? It seems a tad unlogical.

ADDED: sorry, i was a bit rude.

Last edited by Antony_nz on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

caruso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Come on Mr.Antony! Don't turn into polemy Smile! Otherwise, if u are that kind of person who likes to polemy, stop bothering me and go to look for somebody else.

"I dont think only they have the right to play". This was enough and acceptable. The rest is a sort of a personal attack. A stupid polemy.

In this world each of us has his own opinion. I suggest to u to start to pay respect to the others as they do with u. I didn't judge u. I even wrote that i understand ur point of view...so than think 5 minutes more before than posting shit....

Cheers.

caruso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

P.S. let's don't even bother other people. If u want than email me. otherwise good luck!

P.S. 2 Alberian and Stwa, i mean, who are you ? hahaha! Yeah, right u were wiriting privately and it's just me that i'm looking to people discussing in third person about somebody which is present at the moment and in its discussion...sorry  Very Happy

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Sorry.

If you like Close Combat you should play it. I really dont think its a insult to the war veterans. Or preventing them from resting in peace.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 am Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

tell the veteran to stick it up his arse.. I'm playing

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Who knows? And at another point later on in you life you will realize that you have confused a virtual life with reality.

And that we should perhaps focus more on things that matters and things that we can affect with our daily life behaviour.
For example, use less energy. Use the car far less… Manage the food purchasing so you only buy what you will consume (as the food production use about 1/3 of the worlds energy consumption).
Use LED light bulbs. Think three times before buying clothing before worn out your old stuff, not only for the resource waste, but also for the worker situation in them low wage countries..

Somehow virtual gaming seems benign compared to what we do in every day real life?… no?

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Thinking more about it, make me realize that in you eyes I’m probably a murderer and war criminal. Why? as I mortar any friendly and enemy unit that have given up and point there hands at the sky.

The entrepreneur in me starts make me thinking... anyone who want to make a game with me? Working name of the game in progress is “Sim-Court”!

Wink

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Once I was playing CC3 GC H2H (3rd map of Korsun counterattack I believe) under LSD and I recall I caught myself thinking what will I write to the mother of fallen soldiers - that made me use alot of smoke and suppression to help my men survive Wink.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: Realizing... Reply with quote

Game developing progress update.  

The working name ”Sim-Court” has been dropped.
Now we decided to call the game “Court Combat-Series” …

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: