Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:33 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I hope there will be some kind of an option to disable the fog. It strains the eyes a lot in my opinion.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I think that will be modified with Old Mod of CC5;)

heia Safari!!

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Thanks Pete and 'welcome' :)

And btw ! well said! @ your post!  

:D !

p.s. And Crackwise and tejszd also had great point(s).

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:03 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

MF_Church wrote (View Post):
Finnish Review of the game P in the F.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&from=&to=en&a=http%3a%2f%2fdome.fi%2fpelit%2farvostelut%2fclose-combat-panthers-in-the-fog-ennakko

2 Videos here too!

Enjoy.

Love the Fengrish translation

Red

Rep: 39.8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

the AI is bad, why to continue the close combat serie? Shocked

zon

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:01 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Great find, Church! Thanks.

The video quality makes it hard to judge for sure, but the fog, vehicle graphics and new explosion graphics are disappointing. Maybe some high-resolution media, or a demo, or a review in English, would help. I'm not a buyer yet.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

mielestäni se on paljon paskaa täällä Mr Down Under Very Happy

Mats Cool

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Church,

I checked out the videos, and it definately looks like Close Combat.  Laughing

My problem, and I really hate this, is I just have never been able to get into the approach to forrested areas and the rock walls and other stuff that can trap or render useless units assigned to the AI. This hardly happens at all with CCM(T), CC4, and CC5 maps where even if an AI AT gun is deployed in the woods, it generally can get in a few ambush shots. It is such a pet peeve of mine, and now its becoming a curse.

I like the look of the UI, and I am glad they decided to put something other than a black background around the menu screens. For some reason, I thought the menus would expand to the the screen sizes this time, but looks like that doesn't happen.

The maps look nice, but so did the ones from LSA. But I just cant get into them, because of their size. It just must have something to do with the campaigns, where you might fight over an over on the same map, which I never do with CCMT.

Did I notice that the fog effect also fogged out the team displays and soldier monitors.  Question

Help  Exclamation , it seems I am stuck on CC4, CC5, and CCM maps. It's my own fault, but I cant seem to do anything about it.  Confused

MF_Church

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

As always ,  Excellent Feedback from 'the' (our) community!

did i mention - Polite too!  :D

My personal view(s) based on 1 past record is that the $ price won't be cheap.  But by the updating and upgrading < what ever that will be; time and effort Was put into this newest and I do mean BRAND new Version of CLOSE COMBAT, and that can't be done... cheaply as folks here have witness over Years since the last brand spanking new CC game was published.

My life motto is this.  NEVER let loyalty and kindness, depart from 'me'.   That has come back to KISS me in the *cough* front, back, sides again and again!

Sticking to that has promoted me from last rung on the Job to top rung!  From being 4 days from quitting to getting plum jobs at work.  etc. etc. !  When everyone jumped ship (work) to go a rival company, I stayed and really... scraped the bottom and.. it ain't nice down there!  :P

But now... amazing how ~ God ~ turned everything right side Up!  

Anyways, I understand how the CC player out there loves to play solo against a. i.  Cuz, can be difficult finding a suitable opponent that is willing to share the joy of just playing ... and still being a great challenge and a good sport while losing Or winning.

IF a Dedicated Server to host 2 players is in the Mix that is even HALF the site 'THE ZONE' was... this could be Big for those who like online play.

O.K.  Enuf rant.  Smile    I just wanted to post a personal response like you all did .

Tks! again for the inputs!

Enjoy!  & hope to see you soon and maybe with the game next week!  Very Happy

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

My problem, and I really hate this, is I just have never been able to get into the approach to forrested areas and the rock walls and other stuff that can trap or render useless units assigned to the AI. This hardly happens at all with CCM(T), CC4, and CC5 maps where even if an AI AT gun is deployed in the woods, it generally can get in a few ambush shots. It is such a pet peeve of mine, and now its becoming a curse.

That does suck.
Add to that anytime a AT_Gun or Tank can't shoot over a wall or Bush.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Red wrote (View Post):

Really the PitF IA is BAD??

That would be bad for all of us............

heia Safari!!

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

Add to that anytime a AT_Gun or Tank can't shoot over a wall or Bush.

Yeah, surely the gun crew would clear a few branches out of the way or knock a few bricks out of a wall to clear the LOS.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:36 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I didn't mean for Pift,I know nothing about it.
I just meant CC in general.

MF_Church

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:10 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Speaking of ATguns...  in WW2Online game this morn'  my 6pdr. sneaked up to AT embarkment/sandbays/timber to peek at a Pz III H across the river.
It was behind a raised hill that runs along the river road.   Got a few shots off b4 the 5th one... hit the turret and blew it skyHigh.

Even despawned back into the supply list! while taking hits from another Axis player for 50pts!

It definitely started turning the tide for our recapture of that town. (Temse)  :D

Hey! btw. Folks can join WW2OL for free now... though the equipment one can get is limited.

Give it a try!  Love to see you guys try it out.

My ingame name is... wintons.  :D

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Red wrote (View Post):

Really the PitF IA is BAD??

That would be bad for all of us............

Yes let's hope that Finnish "review" is wrong or got lost in translation.  That would be real bad if it is true the AI still sux or maybe even worse.   I just don't get how since the great CC2 back in the 90's...the AI manages to get steadily worse not better with each new CC release.

Also any Beta-Testers I thought were suppose to sign NDA before the official GA date.  So how can he post a "review" about Beta-Testing if he is not really suppose to even do that?

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

The main reason I think it keeps getting worse is the map size. The AI has always been very stupid, but condensing them all together on a small maps make them potent. Hows that saying go.... large numbers of stupid people can be very dangerous?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

MF_Church

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:10 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

MOB

And the world is looking for someONE to take control of the mess.   Western society and europe at times can descend to a MobMoc[k]gracy*

The time is ripe... for a wolf in a innocent looking garb to grab control.

Scary times.  

Especially If most folks today have lost the courage to see 'themselves' as 'we' really are...  with a dark side, to our ~ Moderate, rein it side IN b4 someone else sees us at worst which can be at our tired times, our weak 'moments'...

Our wolf times.  Dictators were once like us... at least at the start...  Sure, they suffered or were abused.  However, not everyone gives in to That.  Some have suffered as much or more and still went on to be great individuals.....  :)

They learned to DEAL with 'it'.  Maybe if each one of us ... took stock and responsbility for their own 'evil' / dark side...  we would notice when a full fledged WOLF walked on the scene.  

:D

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
The main reason I think it keeps getting worse is the map size. The AI has always been very stupid, but condensing them all together on a small maps make them potent. Hows that saying go.... large numbers of stupid people can be very dangerous?

It is too bad that I neglected the map size thread I started some time ago. I do want to finish it, because I wanted to make some points along the way that go to gaming with the AI.

I suppose, the heart of the AI code line was probably established pre CC4. There have been some improvements since then, and I have often wondered if the improvements were really within the AI code line or were they something else.

Alot of differences or factors within the various CC titles can enhance or detract from the overall performance of the AI. To me those factors are not limited to map size, deployment zones, visibility and obstruction, weapon ranges, pathfinding, movement rates, soldier morale, victory location placement, and time duration of the game or scenario.

CC4, CC5, WAR, TLD, and LSA, are all titles that through their immplentations of the factors enumerated above have over time continued to diminish the overall perfromance of the AI.

Even though the CC AI does not plan or coordinate the actions of its individual units, a game system (like CC3/COI/CCMT/CC2 Redux) can create an environment where this coordination is not so paramount. In so doing, games can still be very enjoyable from the Human Player's perspective.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I wish they had improved the AI. I mean it is the weakest part in any CC release so far but they seem not to improve the AI and focus on less important things. The lack of a decent AI just stops me from playing CC in singleplayer mode.

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

CC4, CC5, WAR, TLD, and LSA, are all titles that through their immplentations of the factors enumerated above have over time continued to diminish the overall perfromance of the AI. -Stwa

Starting with CC4, and perhaps even CC3, me thinks the various developers of the CC titles, recognized that the future of CC rests in multiplayer gaming, and they applied resources accordingly.

Now, most of us know, that since CC4, multiplayer gaming has greatly diminished over time, leaving many players stuck with single player gaming.

Just recently, Matrix stated that sales of the CC titles were strong. (presumably COI, WAR, TLD, LSA). If true, and if single player gaming constitutes a much greater percentage of playing time than multiplayer, then one has to wonder how the gaming market really feels about CC single player gaming.

Nevertheless, PITF will take another shot at resurrecting multiplayer gaming, and perhaps such a resurrection will occur.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: