Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

You are right, and the woeful pathing.

tanks wont travel down roads bordered by trees or hedgerows

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:15 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3219205

What should include patch for CC PitF ?

First of all p a t h f i n d i n g !!!

I had column of 3 halftracks and 2 puma along field road (both sides were covered with hedges) . What my column did ? puma was moving around , 2 halftracks immediately went into hedges and were immobilized, after 3 minutes of chaos on straight road 2 halftracks were destroyed by mortar fire.

Even on wide roads tanks and other vehicles can't move straight from point A to B - they behave like ships avoiding torpedoes zig zag .

Years of developing CC ....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Once again... we have a re-release with some awesome features added just like Matrix did. But they didnt fix critical things like pathfinding.... AI is still a problem.... only one way to establish a multiplayer connection...

I feel like over the years some people thought I was being over critical, flame baiting, trolling. Maybe that was the case.. sometimes.

I do firmly believe that Close Combat has not advanced how it should have at the hands of Matrix/Slitherine.

Atomic left us at CC5. That I thought was a pretty good ending to an excellent series of games. With all its bugs it was an advancement none the less. What we've had since then are bad attempts, pushed out the door overnight products and a mish mash of all the things we wanted spread across six different releases.

Atomic had a passion for the game. Now the brand is being milked for everything.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

AMEN! Cool

heia Safari!!

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:17 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Agree. I was hopeful I must say with TLD and LSA, but PitF is not it at all. It has been rushed before the Xmas sales, understandably, but at the cost of crippling day-1 bugs, and with critical features removed, for players as well for modders. And it now it has an official doomsday clock ticking: when will the software lobby lose its support/maintenance so that multiplayer PitF will be killed. The clock is counting...

The time has finally come that the CC community must receive the source code of the game, and get things right, based on playability and moddability, and not based on sales figures and short-term thinking.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:14 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Don't think i've heard such a 'Death Null' sounding so plain & simple as those above.

And i can't seem to be any thing but...  in agreement.

Or..  ?  Maybe pathfinding isn't even possible???

Or is the game  meant to be played 'micro-managed' and 'multi/-micro/managed playerS wise.

:*( @ a weak to nill future to slitherine's DEADaCated Server???!

Did i just hear another death null ?

* SORRY for the above post.  Had hopes.  Hoped to buy something that ain't broke.  

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

If it isn't fixable, don't ~ try?

What's the PHASE i'm trying to go for here?

:\  Alot of years under the ... bridge.  Almost 2013...  Which makes it what since The Gaming Zone?

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I'm not surprised to hear the AI doesn't think/act like a human but come on, the pathfinding is STILL not fixed? How can they release a fourth game for another $50 and not have that fixed? All that money for what? 32-bit graphics? Rolling Eyes The people behind these releases should be ashamed.

Last edited by Troger on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

__Creeper__

Rep: 54.4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I feel like I've been shouting this since the beginning of time and nobody has listened to me.

The following text is the simplest solution to all our Pathing Woes.

================================================
We need not  "FIX" the pathing code. Just "REMOVE IT" all together pleeeease.

Honestly it's not needed, It's the appendix, the tonsils. They keep trying to fix it, just CUT IT OUT.

I've owned and enjoyed an awesome and little known game called "Panzer front" (a Japanese release ) which shares some striking similarities with Close Combat and had a cult following for years, (just like close combat)

In that game you give move orders to your tanks. They do not choose a path, they simply move along the waypoint until they hit an obstacle, then continue to Spin Their Wheels until you order them to back up.
====================================================

In this game we only control around 4-8 tanks/vehicles in a battle, and we move them little. It's not Command and Conquer. We don't need vehicle pathing code. There should be NO CODE for a vehicle to decide it's path around any object in this game.

I was even gonna buy it. Just discussing it with a friend. But this I hear about "One way to connect?"

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:53 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Once again... we have a re-release with some awesome features added just like Matrix did. But they didnt fix critical things like pathfinding.... AI is still a problem.... only one way to establish a multiplayer connection...

I feel like over the years some people thought I was being over critical, flame baiting, trolling. Maybe that was the case.. sometimes.

I do firmly believe that Close Combat has not advanced how it should have at the hands of Matrix/Slitherine.

Atomic left us at CC5. That I thought was a pretty good ending to an excellent series of games. With all its bugs it was an advancement none the less. What we've had since then are bad attempts, pushed out the door overnight products and a mish mash of all the things we wanted spread across six different releases.

Atomic had a passion for the game. Now the brand is being milked for everything.

Yes I think the only people that truly knew how to fix the AI and patching, was Atomic.  When Atomic was acquired it went all downhill and fast.

If I'm not mistaken, one of the main reasons why the quality of gameplay has gotten worse instead of better is that when Atomic stopped development, the Source Code was either missing or lost.  

What annoys me the most is how some of the original games like CC2 going way back in the day...still are far better than these newer releases.

I agree it would have been better to fix the core parts of the game , instead of focusing efforts on bells, whistles and eye candy.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

__Creeper__

Rep: 54.4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:53 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I have a real craving to get back into this game. Just be straight with me guys. Is there going to be a good mod for the release? One that makes better use of the 21 team slots.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Probably take a year  for the first major mod to appear.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: