Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
think some new modding tools are on the way soon...

Thats true.

At the Matrix forum, McClaire hinted a new version of 5CC, and a new packer and unpacker.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Yup...waiting for the new tools.
Just got impatient and was curious when DAK_Legion produced those screenshots of moded mainpages  Smile

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Hey comrade;)

Try with gadgetmunter to open ccimages.pix and replace mainscreen for a new screen and save in 16 bits and repack the ccimages.pix

now replace for the original

after you see your new screen!

no misthery.I don't have any new tool

or because you don't try other thing...

change a vehicle with rtbtool.

put a old vehicle of cc5 in a pitf tanks.azp

I changed a panther for the m1a2 abrams and work Fine!

try,try comrade!

matrix tools for pitf....maybe...in 2013 or 2014

heia Safari!!

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Cool,

DAK_Legion is good at R&D.

But, question. Wouldn't CCMT vehicles have to be scaled up for this PitF.  Question

If true, scaled up modern stuff is going to really look beeg.

And remember the map scale has a 4800 pixel map at about 600 meters, or so I thought.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Plus another thing, that I wonder if the uppers here at CCS wouldn't mind addressing. I tried to mention this over at Matrix, but did not articulate well, so I will try again.

Since PitF has an enlarged visual scale and as I mentioned in the previous post, 4800 pixels = 600 meter, whereas before 4800 = 960 meters, I am wondering about the movement speed of the vehicles AND the soldiers.

I know on my system when I use the small soldiers mod, the smaller soldiers seem to move accross the map at a faster speed visually, since I assume the larger ones require more "effort" to display.  

If movement (i.e. the time it takes for a vehicle or a solder to travel 600 meters), has not be compensated for in any appreciable way from the last title (LSA), to PitF, then I could see some players are reporting that it takes forever to manuaver around the PitF maps, even though the maps represent mainly 600 meters is size.

If movement speed has not or cannot be made accurate, then the maps again, despite the scaling, may seem HUGE to the user, when in scale it is really not huge.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

You know, you might have pointed at a very important subject Stwa! Let's hear what the PitF players can share about this.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

hmmm... my experience is they seem to move incedibly slowly... so you may be right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:47 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

I believe zon said basically the same thing over at Matrix. Just the larger sizes of everything, could make movement speeds slower.

And I have always wondered if movement speeds varied based on each users PC, or its capabilities.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

DAK_Legion,

I would consider your PitF-CCMT work as research and development, and for you at the moment completing the project is not the main goal.

You should try to identify what can or cannot be done with the tools you have now. In so doing you can identify what tools are needed. I am sure Mafi knows, but for any new modding projects, the sooner the community understands the problems associated with PitF modding, the better.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 am Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

I sure hope southern_land and Manoi don't mind all this talk about PitF.

But since Manoi wants a Stalingrad for PitF mod, perhaps its ok.

Here is a pic of PitF. Does anyone see anything funny about it. Someone over at Matrix told me the beeg yellow tanks were Tiger Is which are ~12 feet wide.

I have also attached a tiny pic of the road. So the new map scale is 8 pixels = 1 meter, or so I thought I read over at Matrix. If true then I measure the paved road at 56 pixels or 7 meters or 23 feet. Am I wrong, or calculating wrong?

The road I measured was just to the right of the 2 story house, and this road area looks even more narrow that the part of the road where the Tiger Is are. All I can figure, is I am messin this up somehow?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

I order for this to be converted properly it would require a new strategic map,and possibly a new scenario editor screen.One that is larger in order that the Icons on the strat map and the scenario editor screen don't overlap.
That requires a little bit more than what I'm willing to do,so therefore I'm gonna have to pass on this.

Sorry

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

thats a shame...maybe someone will pick it up!

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

I'm disappointed too.

I can cut and stretch the image but it may end up looking blurry.
I'm hoping Manoi might have saved some stuff in a layered format but I doubt it.
He would be the 2nd person I know of to do that.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: