Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:22 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Very dissapointed to read that the 'static troop' feature from LSA, has already been dropped from PitF. Why can't PitF be the best CC with the biggest and best toolkit for modders?

I posted the wish that the community can receive the source code of CC after PitF is done with.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3217212

Perhaps someone can start up a real topic/petition on that matter, or do it via political ways, after Slitherine/Matrix have cashed out on this game, which they are entitled to. The CC community in it turn, is entitled to that one last gesture of respect. But let's wait and see what happens with this game first.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Like Mooxe, I'm also very dissapointed, and moreover, worried, that the game now completely relies on a software lobby. This means that we WILL lose PitF multiplayer at some point in the future. Modders, hold your horses.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3218893

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:23 pm Post subject: DOA Reply with quote

Reading all of your reviews here and on other forums it sounds like this game is dead on arrival. Especially troubling is the exclusive software lobby, the apparent inherent headaches in its design and performance, and the elimination of any other options to connect. As has already mentioned this amounts to a doomsday clock for pitf.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:03 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

After trying to finish an operation ...

- Air strike crashed the game twice
- I'm about the end of the operation, it sill only 1 allied Bg on strat map and games crash during deployment.
I did a whole operation to be unable to finish it...
- See some AT gun going mad and turning their self with no end. 2 Tanks were approching but los was broken.
- About Los, woaw, sometime a see a tank getting 300ms trought hedge, tree and weird and stil able to firing the target.
I see some tanks unable to firing the enemy tank while this one firing easily.
- Trying to use the artyllerie support to stop enemy bg who wanted to move out a map during the strat and, well
the bg moved like nothing happened.
- IA well, this game is defently not a game to play in stand alone. The IA = nothing. A poor cow boy without any horse.
It dont attack. When it risk to attack and get stoped, trooper killed it just bring some new attacker on the same point
by the same way.
- Supply, well i played 6 battle on some maps were enemy was out of supply after the first battle and still get their tanks moving
all around the map...

The game may be a good game.
But it's not.
Too many bug, too many too many bug...
And paying this price for that is simply something like fraud about everyone who will pay for it.
We are around 1 week after the release of the game and no patch coming to fix multiplayer problems.
And no reply on sitherline forum about this problem except something like " Be patient it will be improved" ( they just forgot to say " when we will reach the 10000 game sold") !!
Shame on who support this fraud!!!

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:43 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Love the new explosion effects! Wow! Great work!
I don't really see the 32 bit graphics to be much of an upgrade...maps in 16 bit were fine and detailed enough in previous versions.
Trees look great...but IMO too large and distracts from gameplay (sure they can be turned off...but...).

BTW, with the 32 bit graphics upgrade...why are the menu screens (BG, Soldier, Stratmap etc) still not stretched full screen and locked at 800x600 res???  I hate having to squint hard to enjoy rank details, unit graphics, weapon art etc!!

Please devs bring back weapon name details in the soldier screens!!!

The sounds are too basic...weapons sounds are fine (stock stuff from previous versions)...background battle noise are almost non existent.  Good thing we can mod the soundfiles with the old tools.

The fog...arrrghhh...get rid of it! I kept getting urges to wipe my screen clean when this sophisticated brand new effect blankets the battlefield  Smile

I like the BG setup with more realistic OOB&TOE...but might cause probs with fun gameplay.

Minor nitpicky things in the graphics...some new rank graphics but Panzer crews are still depicted wearing infantry collar tabs  Laughing  Haven't checked what the devs assigned for Assault Gun crew rank graphics.

Well...at least PitF resparked my interest in CC after long months of CC burnout and denial  Very Happy

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Wow!

squadleader returns!

I'm glad to see you comrade!

heia Safari!!

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Wow!

squadleader returns!

I'm glad to see you comrade!

Glad to be back, DAK_Legion!
And Minimods still rulez!  Smile

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Squad.  Very Happy

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:40 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
Squad.  Very Happy

Hiya, Stalky  Very Happy

Some more notes:
I don't like the new interface for the Battle Screens (gamegadg)...needs unneccessary getting used to and I tend to automatically scan the now missing info bar at the bottom of the screen...now we have to scan left or right for the squad icons.

Some questions about the interface screens changes:
- BG Screen, once again...please bring back weapons names/info...weapon icons only with no pop up info? Why???
- Why are BGUnit pics (team/squad info) now missing from the Soldiers screen?  It's harder to keep tracks of individual teams...the soldiers and stat are there...but no info on what type of unit/squad/team they are.  Sure you can tell the units apart by memorizing the tiny BGunit/team icons at the bottom of the screen...but why delete the team info at the top of the screen?  This simple feature worked well all these years in previous CC version.

Oh...did I say I love the explosion effects  Laughing

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Think I'll hold fire on buying this....

Going by the previous posts, its looking more like PLAYERS in the fog at the moment! Shocked

I guess I'll have to hope its like that old song...."Things can only get better"

Cheers

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Von Manstein

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

ZAPPI4 wrote (View Post):
Hell oh Hell

Once you entering the multiplayer the hell begin.
All game are laged. Very laged. So very laged than i saw a 15 game timer finished 65 minuts later...
Is it fun to play a game like that?
CC5, before the first 5.01patch was runing better than this Pitf.
I hope to see quickly a patch fixed the lag problem. Because this is unplayable!

That´s true. I agree Crying or Very sad

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

I am enoying reading peoples reactions here and over at Matrix. Thanks guys!

haha...

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Sooooooooooo  ~~~~~~~

The best thing about this game is the FORUM!  

Oh.. and the EXPLOSions   Smile

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:34 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

MF_Church wrote (View Post):
Sooooooooooo  ~~~~~~~

The best thing about this game is the FORUM!  

Oh.. and the EXPLOSions   Smile

...as long as the creepy 32 bit FOG doesn't obscure the 32 bit explosions!  Wink

lamurt

Rep: 10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

i knew matrix was ran by "special" folks but the port forwarding on a household router is a so über hard technical blackmagik that no matrix customer is expected to do it properly before blowing up their ovens... attitude is surely at an entirely new level of enlightenment.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

They (Matrix) do have a point, many (most?) new games are played through a developer lobby of some sort, steam or whatever. I seems to be the way the industry is going rightly or wrongly.
I prefer the old fashioned way of looking after it myself, but then I'm a gaming brontosaurus. The industry is being dumbed down for general use.

If you look at the IT industry in general there is a definate move away from users have any control of files, folders, comms in general. Use an ipad and you'll see what I mean. Try modding an ipad app!

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

I see that has been implemented the ability to have the time & morale hidden moral, as I use doing in my vetmod.

Where are the arrows that allow you to scroll through the unit? or is there another way to do it?

t&m.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.79 KB
 Viewed:  402 Time(s)

t&m.jpg

vist.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.11 KB
 Viewed:  544 Time(s)

vist.jpg

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

The arrow to scroll through units is gone  Crying or Very sad
More importantly...the all important unit info (and enlarged unit art) at the top left is also gone!  Evil or Very Mad

ScottP

Rep: 1.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Hi gents,

If anyone is having trouble with errors while playing an existing campaign, we released a hotfix:

http://www.slitherine.com/news/item536

We're also looking to address the MP issues in a larger patch to solve issues some are having as well.

Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter!

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

I have played fairly extensively against the AI as the Wehrmacht and as many have said there are a number of very frustrating problems with the game. Overall I think it is fantastic. The explosions are awesome as well as the map graphics. I seem to remember that the 76 mm gun could take out a Panther through the front, and so far the only way I have lost any is when the Panther made one of those annoying turns around an invisible object thus exposing the flank and any that are immobilized as there is really no time to repair a disabled tank. I do know that most of the game systems do not give enough armor protection to the Panther as the effective armor with slope is well over 200 mm with some consideration taken into the shot traps which made the change to the turret of the G model necessary. As far as how aggressive the AI is I have had a number of occasions where I barely pulled out of what could have been a disaster for me except for my Panthers with few in number and being well placed were able to take out the vastly more numerous US tank forces attacking. What would be more interesting is if the forces could find a way around to make a flank attack but unfortunately I haven't seen that happen much. This last time I played my PzIVs took a beating from a number of Shermans and were barely able to hold their own. Someone some time back was asking for more of a challenge. Well, I have been playing exclusively for some time now with setting up my forces without looking at the force pool of the enemy forces. It is a little harder to decide what I need out of the limited number of slots to fill when I only know if the force is an armor unit or combined arms, etc. And as far as the price goes about any new game is going to cost $40-$50 at issue. I think of it as money well spent for having a great game such as Close Combat.

It is great checking on the forum every day to see what everyone is saying and since joining in December I look forward to checking out this site.

A totally addicted Close Combat fanatic.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: