Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:18 pm Post subject: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

"Montreal bylaw requires dogs to understand commands in both official languages"

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Once upon a time, long, long ago, Stwa worked on a software package for AT&T Canada in Montreal.

The software had to present the systems data (with display screens), in French and English. It was a law.

When in Montreal for the installation of the software, it was law that you had to greet people on the street and answer the phone in French.

Also at that time, they had just finished a major project that made all road signs bilingual. But a recently enacted law required that the bilingual road signs now be replaced with road signs in French only.

And while at McDonalds one day, I noticed that if I didn't attempt to order in French (like poulet mac croquettes), the order taker ignored me.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

That reminds me of one of the US states that tried to legislate the definition of pi to 3

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

And the ones that tried to outlaw anal sex
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

Wow  Exclamation  I didn't know, Schrecken.  Shocked  Laughing  

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:35 am Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

When I visited Montreal I discovered it was OK to speak English when I said I was from Australia. When they thought I was from Western Canada they refused to speak English. My conclusion was  they dont mind English, they just dont like the rest of Canada.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:39 am Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
schrecken wrote (View Post):

Wow  Exclamation  I didn't know, Schrecken.  Shocked  Laughing  

Don't knock it until you try it....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

There is double standard in Canada. In the western Canada people can use whatever language they want on signs or in public and documents/services are offered in many languages (not just the official two). While in Quebec it is illegal to use English or other languages for things.....

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

How the hell did we go from bi-lingual dogs to anal sex?

Now I'll admit that any time I hear anything that starts with the words "bi" gets me to thinking about Lesbians,but anal sex?

anal sex

anal

sex

What the hell were you thinking?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:24 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Germany recently made beastiality (zoophilia) illegal - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20523950

No mention of anal sex or French language laws though, but I feel it ties this thread back to the start nicely.......

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:58 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Germany recently made bestiality (zoophilia) illegal

But Michael Kiok, the chairman of the pressure group Zoophile Engagement for Tolerance and Information (Zeta), said he was going to take legal action to fight the proposed changes.

"It is unthinkable that any sexual act with an animal is punished without proof that the animal has come to any harm," he said, adding that animals are capable of showing what they do, or do not, want to do.

"We see animals as partners and not as a means of gratification. We don't force them to do anything. Animals are much easier to understand than women," Mr Kiok claimed

How am I to understand this?

HOW?

In what way is anyone going to spin this so that "I" can say.....Oh OK I get that?
MMMMMMOOOooooooo

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:51 am Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Shocked  Laughing  Shocked  Laughing

I can't take it anymore already.

OMG!

We should support Schrecken's decision.  Exclamation  Shocked  Laughing

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Yes America is suffering from fundamentalist partisans that keep trying to turn the clock back 100 years or 200 years.  With banning this that and the other... we have some strange laws for sure.  Federal Govt considers marijuana a dangerous substance same category as heroine and bans it.  Yet many STATES legislate it legal for medicinal purposes...and 2 states have made it legal outright.  Yet we still pay billions of dollars on jails and police costs...despite what the States say.

Re: Canada...I think the people of Quebec have been there as long if not even longer than English-speaking majority in rest of nation.  So I can see why they feel the way they do about languages.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Yes America is suffering from fundamentalist partisans that keep trying to turn the clock back 100 years or 200 years. -dj

Are you sure? Seems to me the modern world as we know it is willing to permit any kind of behavior, like sex with pets.  Shocked

Over 7 billion and counting. So is the goal interstellar migration or more fast food.  Question  Laughing

dj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Sorry I have not been paying attention to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck or Faux News lately.  Maybe they found some nutcase to make it sound like that is official policy agenda.  As usual...spreading lies and misinformation to justify their partisan agenda.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Sorry I have not been paying attention to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck or Faux News lately.  Maybe they found some nutcase to make it sound like that is official policy agenda.  As usual...spreading lies and misinformation to justify their partisan agenda. -dj

So the Feds now set official policies regarding all endevours of human kind  Question

And WTF does this have to do with bilingual dogs, pet sex, interstellar migration, or fast food  Question

dj

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:02 am Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

"..[2012 Republican Presidential contender Rick] Santorum's revisionist interpretation — that he went out of his way to differentiate between homosexuality and pedophilia/bestiality — is absurd. He did the opposite. He [Rick] had a basket labeled "ungodly things that can't count as marriage," and tossed in homosexuality, "man on child," and "man on dog."

This radical sect of the Republican party now calls the shots for the party, runs the House of Reps and Santorum himself almost won the Presidential Primary...winning numerous states.

Dog sex is very much indeed in the centre of American politics...as even the Supreme Court itself is weighing on the Constitutionality of homo marriage.  Not that I care.  All the issues in the world, these fundamentalists have nothing else to do with their time?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/01/santorum-denies-man-on-dog-comment.html

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 am Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

"..[2012 Republican Presidential Primary top contender Rick]Santorum's revisionist interpretation — that he went out of his way to differentiate between homosexuality and pedophilia/bestiality — is absurd. He did the opposite. He [Rick] had a basket labeled "ungodly things that can't count as marriage," and tossed in homosexuality, "man on child," and "man on dog."

This radical sect of the Republican party is now calls the shots for the party, runs the House of Reps and Santorum himself almost won the Presidential Primary...wining numerous states. -dj

Sheesh dj, is there nothing you won't attempt to politicize. You are no different than Sanitorum, your ideas are just different.  Razz

Its pretty easy to identify the stoners, whether its legal or not, right.  Question

dj

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 am Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

Ah okay... you do not like the answer to your question and you make attempt to slander me as stoner.

Pathetic.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:32 am Post subject: Re: Most amazing news story From Canada EVER! Reply with quote

I didn't see any answers to anything I asked. However, I did see a contradiction.  Idea

OMG!  Arrow

Link

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: