Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

I do not agree, WAR,TLD and above all LSA are much better, of course, after a rearrangement.

I'm starting to collect data to make a worthy "desperate" german vetmod.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:23 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

I suggest you should make your own full scale mod and then we can talk..

Mats

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

I agree with salhexe Sapa about WAR/TLD and LSA (though the effort to convert a mod to LSA is huge, better to start from scratch like Dima has told me multiple times)....

It is your choice if you mod or not again. But I did mean what I said about having some new options from WAR/TLD for BOB....

Is there any point in pointing out issues with BOB for CC5? Example the scenario editor icons (which I fixed adding the file to thread for anyone to use) or the pic below from the map Reitwein of a house coded as a field as a trench appeared on the house when I started men in it;

BOB Reitwein Map House Coded As Field.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.64 KB
 Viewed:  571 Time(s)

BOB Reitwein Map House Coded As Field.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:43 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

salhexe wrote (View Post):
I do not agree, WAR,TLD and above all LSA are much better, of course, after a rearrangement.

I'm starting to collect data to make a worthy "desperate" german vetmod.

In general, I would agree with this.

But some of the CC5 mods were meant to overcome the apparent limitations of CC5. To that end, the real modders, produced CC5 mods that are unique in their own respects, and do not FIT the general assesment that TLD is better than CC5.

TLD may be better than CC5, but TLD BOB may or may not be better than CC5 BOB.

As futher proof, look how long Cathartes has been working on GJS version for LSA.

Then you might have the issue that PitF is better than LSA which is better than TLD which is better than or the same as WAR which is better than CC5 which is better than CC4 which is better than CC3.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:46 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Oh,

I am very interested in the vehicle set southern_land displayed.

I don't get around much, but I was wondering where these came from and whether they are a mod or not, or how I might be able to use them.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Tejszd (you have been one of my heroes) that have be involved in the Beta testing of the latest releases including Panthers in the Fog with all their stupidnes are puting up pictures of a mod that have been made by two persons (me and Southern_Land with the maps) and have opinions about some errors!

This work was made without any costs for anyone here during a time in my life with small childrens and a angry wife...

Yes it has a lot of misstakes but so has the games that you have been tested and is some kind of commercial spokesman for..right?

I suppose you have got a free copy of them all for your "testing work"? didnt you see the fog? didnt you see that the mortars was hitting 90 % of the time? didnt you see that "girls" made you click with your mouse 500 times? didnt you see that the vehicles didnt move the way you wanted? Didnt you think of that when you played the singleplayer nothing happend because the AI didnt attack?

Thankyou for fixing the new BoB! It was a great job!

This is my last post ever in this forum! Good luck with Close Combat in 3D..please dont forget to test it this time...

Mats

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Sorry for ticking you off Mats/Sapa....

Just wanted to know if you wanted the feedback for either the CC5 and or TLD versions of the mod to fix/improve things still as I still see them as your baby...

df123

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Is there another download link for this?

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

I get 404 when I click the link, does anyone else experience this?

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:39 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Hi ALL!

Now this mod is available here.............

http://174.132.189.130/~mooxe/Hosted/dak_legion/

THANKS MOOXE!

heia Safari!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Dak did I fix your FTP logins?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:05 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Thank you very much for updating the download links! Much appreciated!

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

I would like to play this mod on WAR (since ii don't own TLD) IIRC any mod on TLD would also work on WAR.
Is there a guide  how you can change the  installation to WAR?

Thanks in advance

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Just direct the path to WAR

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:51 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Hi Platoon_Michael,

Thanks for the info.

I've directed the path to WAR, install was OK, game runs but the soviets speak english (with native language) enabled.

I'll check if i can find the rusvoices file.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Download link..........

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/dak_legion/

heia Safari!!

Flyingkiki

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:08 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

Hi everyone !

Sorry for the up, but I have some troubles too !
After having a lot of fun with the Meuse mod, my friend and I decided to switch to this BoB mod. We had the exact same problem in single battles (with the reading of wreck.azp), in H2H games it seems that this issue is avoided.

However we've noticed that the Katyusha vehicles and some heavy self-propelled mortars are not well displayed on the battlefield. For example with the Katyusha, instead of having the vehicle with 3 crew members, we have a 3 soldier squad team (one of them is actually able to launch rockets ^^). And when we want to use them anyway, their status is "CANT SEE".

May be some files are missing ? We took the BOB file in the link below :)

Thanks in advance for your help !

KATYUSHA.jpg
 Description:
Katyusha issue
 Filesize:  398.34 KB
 Viewed:  500 Time(s)

KATYUSHA.jpg

Flyingkiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:34 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

I've seen that some units icons are displayed with a radio on it, may be these units are Katyusha/mortar operators on the battlefield, calling for rocket support ?  Embarassed

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

I think that maybe the case... Haven't tried it myself before. I think that you're right though, that it is a Katyusha operator.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Flyingkiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Reply with quote

I started an operation and I think it is.
When I order them to "Fire", the orange shooting line appears. If the target isn't in their visual range, the orange is darker and the status become "CANT SEE" and they keep sleeping in the grass. When they actually can see their target the orange line is brighter and the Katyusha orgues start singing their hell song !
Moreover if a squad commander has got this special ability too, even if the shooting line is green and if the target is on sight, it will call rockets or mortar shells. This is so powerful !  Shocked

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: