Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 pm Post subject: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Patch v.4.50.15b from March 13th 2012 is now the latest patch.

Recommend restart in any ongoing Grand Campaigns and Operations. Patch is all inclusive.

Post bug reports to this thread or at the Wacht Am Rhein forum from Matrix Games.

Download the v.4.50.15b Patch.

3/13/2012 – 4.50.15b

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed several issues that could cause a crash at the end of a battle, possibly
resulting in the loss of the saved game file.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong battle group to be penalized with a 1-2
team loss if the last battle in a turn ended by force morale failure.
- Fixed a bug with weapon value calculations, resulting in slightly different team
values.
- Several minor changes to battle group default team selection to adjust the AI’s
default choices to be the same or similar given the new team values.

Last edited by mooxe on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Game still does a CTD right after the timer goes to 00:00 and the game is about to change to the debrief Screen.
While my GC file is still playable I have to replay the battle it crashed on.

I strongly recommend that anyone playing WAR always take a Truce before the Timer runs out.
It's been an issue for quite some time now.
While Matrix seems to have solved the problem with one's file being totally erased they have not been able to fix the CTD.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:34 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

When using the space bar the game shows you with the arrows that there is a connection from Champs to Senonchamps but in reality there isn't.

10008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.38 KB
 Viewed:  16486 Time(s)

10008.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

CCR/9th Armored had held this map for several turns and was unmovable by me using the 190/62 VG.
So I moved the FB Brigade into Lommersweiler hope that with a few Tanks I could inflict some pain,gain some ground and move on.

I did hold all 4 of the southern VL's with the 190/62 VG.
And moved the FB Brigade into the map from the North.
This left the AI with no VL's in their control.

However as soon as the Battle started the AI starting crushing me right off the bat.
I lost all my Tanks and many men.
I pushed for a truce in hopes of just getting out alive and this was the end result.

The AI was still a worthy fighting force and their moral bar was still green.
They lost 1 guy and only had 3 damaged tanks.
Odds are the Tanks were damaged from the previous battles.
I literally did nothing on this map as the onslaught was overwhelming right from the get go.

And yet the AI BG is no where to be found.

From the Manual Page 43.
If a battle ends because of a truce or time-out, the battlefield is still split between the forces. In Campaigns or Operations, the deployments for the following cycle are based on how far each side pushed during the previous battle. If a battle ends because of a morale failure, the Battle Group that flees loses 1-3 victory locations depending on the ratio of the winner’s Force Morale to the loser’s Force Morale. In addition, the Battle Group will lose two teams chosen at random from its force mix as a rearguard/breakout force loss penalty. If the victor has 33% more force morale than the loser, the winner will gain one victory location. If the ratio is between 33% and 66% the victor will gain two victory locations. If the ratio is greater than 66% the victor will gain three victory locations. If the fleeing side still has any victory locations left, the field continues to be split based on previous positions; otherwise, the losing side is pushed off the map.

Force Moral is On.
How can this not be considered an issue that needs fixed?

UO0041.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.36 KB
 Viewed:  579 Time(s)

UO0041.jpg

UO0042.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.67 KB
 Viewed:  562 Time(s)

UO0042.jpg

UO0043.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.89 KB
 Viewed:  686 Time(s)

UO0043.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:32 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

If you hold no victory locations at the end of a battle you will lose the map, even if you 'won' the battle due to cracking the enemy force morale. The awarding of additional VLs for breaking enemy morale is done by calculating the distance from friendly controlled VLs and awarding those VLs closest to you. If you have no friendly VLs no distance calculation can be done and thus you get no additional VLs awarded.

The victory text is wrong, since it is being generated before the additional VLs are award and the failure condition has not yet been detected. This is a fairly rare edge case, however.

There are no plans for an update to WaR to address this at this time, but it is something I'll keep in mind.

Steve

I guess I should at least be happy I got a response.
While I don't own tLD or LSA I'm fairly confident you can/might/will see this as well.

I don't see how this or the Deployment Bug I've posted before is an issue that isn't getting high priority.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:11 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see how this or the Deployment Bug I've posted before is an issue that isn't getting high priority.

This may not be the correct topic to put it on, but there are many of us long time players that have complained for years about the deployment bug.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

What I call a deployment Bug may not be the same thing that everyone else is thinking.

Most people reefer to the deployment Bug as areas within the Map awarded after battle that are not connected to the same areas that they controlled from the previous battle WITHOUT any Strategic Map movement.

I.E.
Same BG's same map NO strategic movements just a different turn or day.

The Bug posted above is a HUGE FLAW.

How would you feel if after the Battle that YOU won your reward was losing the Map AND your BG?

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

No, My complaints are likewise. Linked to the post and read it and looked at the Hotton picture 1st.

When leaving an area map with a BG, then entering again also would like to see it treated as a new chance, but it seems as though the AI takes it as if there was time to "consolidate" more of it's hold on the map instead.

That "Truce" bug (what I call it at least) where you are given small sections of VH boxes with huge enemy areas of ground all around is right up there needing to be fixed also.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:43 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Its almost comical to see how Matrix continuously has by passed this game with any type of real update.
Look at the last patch.
I say Almost comical because I spent 50 ****ing Dollars on this....as did you.

I had to spend countless of hours Modifying the game to make it enjoyable.

They didn't fix any of the errors that have been posted since the game came out.THATS A FACT!

Except when you consider it was made by Amateurs who had no idea how to make a CC game.
And said Amateurs are no longer with Matrix to work on said update.

Why?

Because they DONT PLAY THIS GAME!
They don't know what bugs exists.
They don't care what bugs exist.

They rely on you to show them the errors in the game...and even then they hold the power to decide if its error or not.

They cant even fix the most Obvious errors in the game.....Why?
Cause they don't play it.
They don't know

And they don't care.

I know they don't care cause they cant even read the very forums that have posted said errors.
And if they do read them......They don't care about whats been posted.

Or it the old ....We care...We just don't have time to fix them.

But its OK
They have a NEW CC coming out that wont have any of theses issues.
BTW said game is made by he same said people

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:44 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Look at the Main Screen error that has been present since day 1.

They dont see it

Or

THEY DONT CARE TO FIX IT.
Look at the last patch for WAR....It couldn't even fix the Main Screen error present since day ONE!
A Fix I made in less than an Hour...

Look at the LOS

They cant create it.
They cant fix it.

Why?

Because they either A) Dont have people who can do it

Or
B) DONT CARE

Or lets go with the tried an true answer which is....there's Nothing Wrong.....Its what we meant it to be...
(Except when you look at CCIV Maps and see differently)See what was made properly...see what was made professionally.

I'll get the answer that this is WAR NOT CCIV this game is different.This game isn't meant to be like CCIV even though we sold it to you on the Merits that were CCIV.

LOOK AT THE ****ING LOS!
Its WHACKED!

And based on what Ive seen since purchasing WAR

I'm going with don't care.

Oh sure well get a response.

But you wont get a patch.

Its like being ****ed out of $50 but have no way shape or form of being able to retrieve said $50

How does one protect themselves from the Internet from company's who **** you day in and day out.

Who do I have to report this to?
Is there anyone?
Or is it just my stupidity by buying the game?

Is there an Angie's List for the Internet?
Cause these Mother ****ers sure as hell belong on it.

6 times over.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:46 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Whats worse is the very same community who supports said game doesn't even respond over at the Matrix forums

Only Tejszd does this.
One MAN

One man out of what?    a hundred!

Only to be provided with.....its something were looking into.

How Fucking funny is that?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:49 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

You people are just like Fucking Sheep.

Go Here
do this
Do that

herded into a coral believing this is the only way things are.

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Sweeeeeeet reply PM  bet you feel better after that Evil or Very Mad

could almost agree

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:13 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Desertmouse wrote (View Post):
Sweeeeeeet reply PM  bet you feel better after that Evil or Very Mad

Ya, Ya, Ya!

I am thinking it is more than just the 50 bucks for PM. He probably put a lot into WAR.

It's somewhat bittersweet. I remember one son, that took the original CC5 disk and installed on a Windows 7 laptop, ... and it worked perfectly.

But Matrix's reputation was not built on the prowess of it's CC titles. Like most software development teams, it boils down to the people involved.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:37 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

He's right in a lot of ways with his continual griping. One can only defend them for so long before just going back to the tried and true CC5 and earlier series to avoid some of the nagging issues.. It's what I did before got CCMT to check it out STWA. Can only tolerate units getting lost so many times, ot no forcepool bug so many times, with a legal, purchased and up to date patched copy of WAR before ya decide it just ain't worth it anymore.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:02 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b Beta Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

The trick to WAR, was eliminating all the WAR stuff. It is an easy mod.

1. Make CC4 Classic the default game. It saves disk space when you delete all the WAR maps.

2. Then you can add Yuma's map mod using the /D switch.

3. Optional - install small soldier mod.

Note: Reg CC4 cannot use a small soldier mod, or large screen resolutions, so this is the only way to carry on.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: