Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Mana

Rep: 3.9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 am Post subject: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Hello,

A while aggo I replied in a thread about close combat in 3D here I was catched about the idea of a 3D version of closecombat.
Anyway I started experimenting with some graphics. Some elements are usable in 3D but the image shown is perfect for a 2D version, perhaps a new eastern front conversion of close combat panthers in the fog which I'd love to see in the future.

Regards,
Mana

Cc_Kursk.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.36 MB
 Viewed:  1062 Time(s)

Cc_Kursk.jpeg

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Wow!

impressive!i would like to play kursk on pitf!
would be great!
plase more pic,more details about this mod Maná!

thanks

heia Safari!!

Mana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Thanks legion!

I hope there are other people that find the subject of modding Pitf interesting, because I cannot do it on my own at least that would cost me a full year :)

Anyway here's a render of the tiger tank which I created, it is a fair low poly tiger and not fully textured yet. Curently I'm working on a test strat map and a new vehicle.

More coming soon!

Tigerausfe.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.52 KB
 Viewed:  644 Time(s)

Tigerausfe.jpeg

Mana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Here's another render based uppon the Tiger Ausf. E from 2nd SS 'Das Reich', the 3D model gives allot of mobility in texturing and other conversions thus creating a realistic vehicle in close combat.

Tigerausfe_2.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.91 KB
 Viewed:  625 Time(s)

Tigerausfe_2.jpeg

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

looks great, well done.  However at the scale of PitF you would lose a lot of the great resolution we see in these images.  Would still look outstanding in-game.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:49 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Looks and sounds good!

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

intresting!

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

looks very cool.  Would you have the variety of maps to make a kursk mod interesting?

Mana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies!

Although I have been struggling to create a full conversion for close combat in the past now I'm able to visually express a concept.

But I remember how great mods like GJS where created (community dependent) A team was formed full of enthousiastic close combat players, this team consisted out of researchers, map makers, data editors and sound editors (sometimes multiple functions where assigned to one person)

My point is that I'm trying to form a group of enthousiasts, because I cannot create a full conversion on my own. I beleive that a great mod can only be created through a group of players together with the community.

I guess that an eastern front mod has not been the biggest topic so far. And Kursk 1943 would be interesting because of the variaty of battles that can take place; Battles for cities like Oryol, Belgorod, Kharkov and rural battles (It's also the first operation where the Russians succeeded to repel a German blitzkrieg operation!)

Anyway I could be wrong thats why I need a group that consists out of;

- Researchers
- Data editors
- Map makers
- Sound editors

For now I'll keep posting content, mainly vehicles.

Kind regards,
mana

southern_land

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:36 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

What are you looking to recreate?  The whole kursk battle, one salient?  or just a small portion?

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Salient south for my is the best option!

volunteer for help if you want;)

heia Safari!!

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Any salient is too large for CC.
My advise is to go for some limited actions (left or right shoulder of the South Salient) with limited area and limited forces for both sizes.

Tip:
use Zetterling's Kursk for the info on German side and this one for the RA side (http://www.amazon.fr/Demolishing-Myth-Prokhorovka-Operational-Narrative/dp/1906033897/ref=sr_1_19?s=english-books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317038916&sr=1-19).

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:37 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Any salient is too large for CC.
My advise is to go for some limited actions (left or right shoulder of the South Salient) with limited area and limited forces for both sizes.

Perhaps you could use the entire area for the strat map, use divisions as BG's and have the battle map represent a small portion of that divisional battle.
The maps would not be continous, but an abstraction of the scale. What do you think?

According to this map, the Germans had 33 divisions in the attack. I believe PitF can use up to 36 BG's
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_53RSwgpGzWw/S62ZcBoK2ZI/AAAAAAAAAcY/AsYD_Fsncus/s1600/mapKurst.jpg

The Russian side has many more units, so historical accuracy cannot be used or the game would be too one sided.

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:00 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps you could use the entire area for the strat map, use divisions as BG's and have the battle map represent a small portion of that divisional battle.
The maps would not be continous, but an abstraction of the scale. What do you think?

IMO CC is not a strategical wargame and it's beauty is ability to represent small unit actions with great details, so I'd stick to battalion size BGs, maybe regiment at maximum for the RA.
So taking f.e. 2.SS-PzK actions with 3 divisions would allow to have each battalion represented for both sides or 48.PzK - 5 divisions or AK "Kempf" - 6 divisions. Each of them had very intensed, interesting and different actions during the Kursk offensive.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:03 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Good idea Dima;)

a style cc3!

heia Safari!!

southern_land

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:41 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

IMO CC is not a strategical wargame and it's beauty is ability to represent small unit actions with great details, so I'd stick to battalion size BGs, maybe regiment at maximum for the RA.
So taking f.e. 2.SS-PzK actions with 3 divisions would allow to have each battalion represented for both sides or 48.PzK - 5 divisions or AK "Kempf" - 6 divisions. Each of them had very intensed, interesting and different actions during the Kursk offensive.

I'd agree with that or maybe even aim lower with Div vs Corps if somewhere could be found where one German Div faced a RA Corps

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

I'd agree with that or maybe even aim lower with Div vs Corps if somewhere could be found where one German Div faced a RA Corps

Well, f.e. basically there were 12 combat battalions in SS-PzD so 2.SS-PzK can be precisely represented by 36 battalion-sized BGs and it was against elements of 6th GA and 1st TA. The RA army was basically same or smaller size as the German Korps.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

You remember this??

A old idea For CC5

scenario-editor~0.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.56 KB
 Viewed:  871 Time(s)

scenario-editor~0.JPG

heia Safari!!

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
You remember this??

A old idea For CC5

well, of course many will like that as well Smile

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Mana, your work with the 3D graphics is amazing I think that's actually how they did the models for CC since cc4 (or 3??) to capture the 'tilt'.

I always thought CC had a lack of small graphics mods regarding vehicles, maybe the way the files are set up has something to do with it but other games need to unpack and repack their graphics files too and they do have single unit mods. Although its true that you can take by yourself different vehicles graphics from different mods and incorporate them into your own personal modified CC but you have to download full mods for that.

As with the Kursk mod I hope we can play it someday as it is a very famous, big, important and underrepresented battle in CC.

I wish you to succeed with this and I hope we can see more vehicles!

Cheers.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: