GJS installation
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: GJS installation Author: Kutsteel PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:48 pm
    —
it would be nice to locate the old step by step installation pages from the CSO site Very Happy if not someone who is very proficient in mod installation could create a sticky post for reference Very Happy
Kutsteel

#2:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:29 pm
    —
qick and easy solution

Dl all maps and unzip them to your \maps folder

DL GJS and unzip the "pln" file to your \config\plugins folder

Run config. manager (Give plenty of time for the HD to Churn)

You will see GJS in the bottom window of config manager

Right click on it and choose "install"

wait for the HD to churn and get the "installed" pop up message.

close config manager

run CC5

Play GJS and enjoy

ps. any one is free to elaborate on this post

#3:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:48 am
    —
I wrote a short but detailed guide myself.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

#4:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:03 pm
    —
Mooxe, that is the best guide I have yet seen. Good job, man!

About the only thing I could suggest adding to your guide is a warning that not all plugins seem to unzip all of the files to that mod's Packages folder every time. It might just be a problem with my machine, but from posts in other forums, I think that others have had the problem as well. If all the files are not in the mod's Packages folder, the installation will fail, and then it requires reinstalling or a lot of manual cut and paste to get things back to how it was before the install attempt.

Having had this problem more than once, I now always open the .pln file with WinZip or WinAce and check the total number of files. Then I look at the mod's Packages folder and ensure that the total number of files there matches the .pln before trying to install the mod.

If it does, rock on. If the Packages folder has fewer files than the .pln file, then unzip the .pln file again with your compression application to the Packages folder.

It does takes a few extra minutes to check the files, but it saves a lot more time if something isn't right, because the install will fail.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1