Stalingrad bugs&mistakes
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Stalingrad bugs&mistakes Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:27 am
    —
Hey guys,

plz report all the bugs/mistakes u spot in this thread.

All yer feedback will help us to make this mod better Very Happy .

#2:  Author: Cap PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:16 pm
    —
i can't see the video and i don't know why.... did you have any idea?

#3:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:18 pm
    —
Cap wrote:
i can't see the video and i don't know why.... did you have any idea?

check if u have VIDEO ENABLED in cc5 options.

#4:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:30 pm
    —
BTW: where do i put the video?

#5:  Author: WH PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:36 pm
    —
I'm not sure if this is bug or not, but I think that there is a problem with the custome Scenario Editor. As you see, there is no connection lines between hexes on the strategic map so one can not recognize which hexses are connected one another. I have trouble with this making a little op scenario. Improvement available?
thx for reading.

#6:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:43 pm
    —
I've got the same problem --- i don't see intro - only this original from cc5 Sad -- of course i've got VIDEO ENABLED ckeked on !

An another one - still unstable : in mission Pavle's House (or sth) when i played as russian -all ok, but when i played as german - game crshed Sad

Some guns sounds are too loud - and why some of weapons sounds are so poor (look at vetmod )

And one more - Mission Pack has one corrupted mission - SHOOTINGS - in my case Smile

But Great WORK GUYS !!! Thanks for great mod for my superb game Smile

#7: Rattenkrieg Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:53 pm
    —
hi dima,

in the video the Word Rattenkrieg is written in two words... but despite spelling in english "rats war" in german Rattenkrieg is written as one word..

great mod sirs... unbelieveble great

#8: Video Problem Author: GXESUZB PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:02 pm
    —
Yes, I have the same problem, and this allways happens to me with all the new videos from mods like Bloody Omaha, JGS, etc... and it was fixed when the modder include a No-Cd CC5.Exe... Dima, do you plan to put a NO-CD Executable??

The mods seens incredible! Say Goodbay to JGS, say hello to Stalingrad!!! Rolling Eyes

#9: Re: Video Problem Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:31 pm
    —
GXESUZB wrote:
Yes, I have the same problem, and this allways happens to me with all the new videos from mods like Bloody Omaha, JGS, etc... and it was fixed when the modder include a No-Cd CC5.Exe... Dima, do you plan to put a NO-CD Executable??

The mods seens incredible! Say Goodbay to JGS, say hello to Stalingrad!!! Rolling Eyes

There IS a NO CD Exe for Stalingrad mod!

Mats

#10:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:36 pm
    —
Seems to be an error on Shooting.bgm in mappack zip, works fine if i download the single map....

Mats Smile

#11:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:17 pm
    —
well guys, iam pretty screwed lol Rolling Eyes

1)As mats(aka sapa) told, Stal uses No-CD exe.
2)dunno anything abut video...ask AT_kampf
Razz.
3)german spelling is pain in ass for me....just like russian speeling for all of u lol. Anyway ask about AT_kampf
about video Very Happy .
4)looks like shooting.bgm is corrupted to most of ya so dld it from here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/stalingrad/maps.html
and put to CC5/maps folder
5)sry about Pavlov's House...will be fixed...
6)Video should be put in CC5/Videos folder.

#12:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:56 pm
    —
Checked the files on CCS and all are ok.

#13:  Author: dj PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:04 pm
    —
Sapa wrote:
Seems to be an error on Shooting.bgm in mappack zip, works fine if i download the single map....

Mats Smile

Had the same problem...I will also download that map seperately and override existing files in map folder.

Otherwise from what I've seen so far...very clean mod. Manoi and crew really put a lot of time into it. Good stuff.

#14:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:45 pm
    —
Will be more single battles - or only these three ? Of course i can create some for my own, but You know - should be nice to got some more single battles from start Smile

Music at the repleceacing units phase is superb !!!

#15:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:10 pm
    —
yes,

there will be more single battles in further updates.

#16:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:11 pm
    —
I seem to have only three battles listed.

Is that the norm?

"KILLER" job guy's,

I'm having a blast,Thank-You very much.

#17:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:17 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
I seem to have only three battles listed.
Is that the norm?
"KILLER" job guy'

yes it is,
further updates will have more battles

#18:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:11 pm
    —
I take it I can also assume those further updates will include battle debriefs for each map?

btw.........
Love the new foxholes.
I envy you guys for figuring that out.
I couldnt Embarassed

#19:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:13 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
I take it I can also assume those further updates will include battle debriefs for each map?

rite,
knew we had forgotten something Very Happy .

#20:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:15 pm
    —
In training mode game crashes - but i think that is normal

Just played second time in Pavlov's House by Russian siede (no crashes) - i destroyed PzIV by PTRD Very Happy, but something suddenly destroyed my two well camufled and not seened ATgun 45mm - LUFTWAFFE ?

I had two planes - Po-2 and Lagg3 - what is the diffrence in armament ?

And last question - what is the diffrence between artillery and katyusha (more salvos or damage factory ot sth ? ) Rolling Eyes

Thanks and once again - GREAT JOB !!!

#21:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:25 pm
    —
Dunno we didn't make training mod Crying or Very sad ... Very Happy
Po-2 is light bomber....anti-inf bombs.
LaGG-4 is fighter...1 20mm Autocannon and 2 12.7mm MGs.

Artillery is good enuf to kill gun/light tank.
Katusha can kill everything!

#22:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:52 am
    —
Scenario Editor map needs lines indicating routes from map to map.
As you can see there is currently no indication of which map connects to which. Makes creating ops guesswork.

CC and other mods show connecting routes in scenario editor. Very necessary.

#23:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:21 am
    —
Great Mod. Having lots of fun. Beautiful everything. Well worth the wait.

Are the tanks and troops supposed to invisible on the bridges? Like in Mwoods? It's very cool touch --

#24:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:14 am
    —
Strat Error:

Stalingradskii to Tsaritsa Woods is a one way road.
Can move unit from Stalingradskii to Tsaritsa Woods, but cannot move unit from Tsaritsa Woods to Stalingradskii.
Tried with both german and russian unit.

There's no indication whatsoever that a unit can move from Tsaritsa Woods north to Stalingradski (neither an arrow or a "cancel move" button). though no problem moving from Stalingradski south to Tsaritsa Woods.

#25:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:15 am
    —
Thnx Wruff!

will be fixed in update.

#26:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:55 am
    —
1. as said earlier no bootcamp.

2. On defeating russion BG incorrect message:

The AMERICAN forces have been routed...
The Germans wins he battle..
The RUSSIAN battlegroup is forced too...

#27:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:00 pm
    —
ok i got one more bug - i think this is cc5 bug, but ...

I played on map Grain Elevator, PzIVG was near with barrel of a gun headed north, my assult team was in south - 50metres - so i quickly run toward PzIV (from south) and tried to destroy him, usin DINAMITE (or sth looking like dinamite) - I was really suprised when PzIV fired in my team with his gun - His gun was headed north, while i attacked him from south ! Kinda wunderwaffe Rolling Eyes

P.S - how high is chance to knocked out PzIVG by using this "Dinamite" - i shot and only damaged PzIV and wounded his Leader - then this damn PzIV just slaughtered my team Sad

#28:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:33 pm
    —
Okay, here are a couple more maps that have some movement problems between each one:

Chuikous HQ map to West Stalingrad - no movement either way.

Poligiy Gully map to North Train Station A1 - no movement either way.

These may be part of the strat and not suppose to run into eachother, but it seems that where the maps are placed, BG's should be able to move inbetween all of them.

Thx,
Mac

#29:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:41 pm
    —
Study this link http://www.closecombatseries.net/stalingrad/stratmap.html and You will know why there aren't connections between some maps Smile

#30:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:47 pm
    —
Pzt_Wruff wrote:
Strat Error:

Stalingradskii to Tsaritsa Woods is a one way road.
Can move unit from Stalingradskii to Tsaritsa Woods, but cannot move unit from Tsaritsa Woods to Stalingradskii.
Tried with both german and russian unit.

There's no indication whatsoever that a unit can move from Tsaritsa Woods north to Stalingradski (neither an arrow or a "cancel move" button). though no problem moving from Stalingradski south to Tsaritsa Woods.

My fault, i have repaired it. was a minor conflict in the btd.

Cheers Buck

#31:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:06 am
    —
If you make changes to the mod and you play online make sure you tell your opponent what you'v done.

#32:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:06 am
    —
any link to download btd editor ?

#33:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:20 am
    —
MarcinT wrote:
any link to download btd editor ?

Go to the download section of this website. and search for the strat editor.

cheers buck

#34:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:56 am
    —
Thanks Buck.
Really enjoying Stalingrad. And it's so cool that the Stalingrad mod team is so open to hearing the bugs and making note of them for the upgrade version. I consider these first few weeks a test period for the mod on a large scale, so we'll keep making notes here of things we see.

Hope this isn't a stretch. My opponent said he noticed it too so I'm sure others have as well.
The red Russian VL's on the mini map are, at a glance, dificult to distinguish from enemy units (red dots on the mini map).
Would be possible to change the color of the Russian VL's on mini map so that they're not confused with enemy units? So many things when playing CC are at a glance. That extra second sometimes requried for discerning enemy units from Russian VL's could be costly.

Thanks again.
Wruff

#35:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:26 am
    —
Pzt_Wruff wrote:

The red Russian VL's on the mini map are, at a glance, dificult to distinguish from enemy units (red dots on the mini map).

I agree too

#36: Dark Background in Messages Author: GXESUZB PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:03 pm
    —
Hi,

The Dark Brown Background impossibilites the reading of the team messages (for examble the yellow and green messages). I like to play wiith the german voices, so I need sometimes to read what are they saying...

There is posible to put all the messages in white for example? Rolling Eyes

#37: Re: Dark Background in Messages Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:14 pm
    —
GXESUZB wrote:
Hi,

The Dark Brown Background impossibilites the reading of the team messages (for examble the yellow and green messages). I like to play wiith the german voices, so I need sometimes to read what are they saying...

There is posible to put all the messages in white for example? Rolling Eyes

can you post screenshots? I have no problem on my computer; maybe the contrast or the brightlight of your screen?

#38:  Author: Aetius PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:38 pm
    —
First of all thanks to Manoi and team for making the mod absolutely briliant.

I found 2 little bugs so far:

-Sound: i heard the sound "i can't take it anymore" in english, when i was playing with german voices on. It could also be on the soviet side, i a'm not sure.

-shadow: when the T34 is facing the left upper corner on the map it seems that there is no shadow and the tank is "floating" on the screen.
The shadow is there, because it is visible when the tank turns to another direction, but when facing upper left corner it may be too small to see the shadow.

can't stop playing this mod

Greetz

Aetius

#39:  Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:04 pm
    —
I will post a special thread on the shadows. In fact we have there a big problem, as we had to take the shadows that come from regular cc5, but our vehicles drawings are twice the size of the regular cc5! And to draw or edit new ones for our vehicles would take too long (imagine 16 shadows by vehicle!!!). So I know there are a LOT of problems with shadows but you have to play with them as it will take too many times to change them... except if someone want to do new ones!!! Smile

#40:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:56 pm
    —
I more want bigger and prettier vehicle graphics (just like now) than good shadows ! Better make some with this VL on minimap wich looks very similiar to enemy units, and i am often scarry and thinking "Wow an enemy units ! ... uff ... just VL" Smile

#41:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:06 am
    —
Scenario Editor:

1. I made a small op for Pzt_Mac and I to play. One reserve is supposed to show up on the second day for germans. Come the 2nd day TWO german reserves showed up (The one I intended along with a "phantom" BG).
I checked in the scenario editor and that extra german BG in the op isn't there, though it's missing from the BG pool on the side in the editor. I can even place another BG on that map when and where the "phantom" BG pops up (2nd day). Normally there would be that message "can only place one BG per map!", but nothing. Like it isn't there. But it is.

2. Also. After the first game of the op I saved the game under a diferent name.
The save file (both saved files, original and renamed) showed that no battle had ever been played.
We had fought the battle, the game saved, but it was as if we never fought the battle.

We loaded original again and truced the first battle and it saved okay that time.
But then, as stated above, the "phantom" BG appeared in day 2.

I've made and played tons of ops and I've never seen anything like it.

edited

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

#42:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:44 pm
    —
That phatom BG was totally wierd. I too have never seen that before.

In regards to not being able to see the reserve German BG's: Had you moved the first round BG's that started on the reseve maps off yet? If you just click through from day one on, the reserves will not show if you have a BG on that map to begin with. The reserves will show only if they start on maps that no other BG started on, or if you move the original BG off of that map and thusly view it from the next day forward, or if you view them through the Scenario editor. I believe this is the case with every CC5 mod.

Another point on game play: The average Russian infantry is at an obvious disadvantage with morale and expierence, and most weapons. But such was their plite in history. However, it seems that the Russian teams should be bigger than the German teams. I could be wrong on this, but I was under the impression that the Russians had giant sqauds roaming around. The three man teams that the Russians have don't really do any good, and there seems to be quite a few of them.

I'm wondering if the mod team designed the size of the Russian teams with the fact that there were large limitations on weapons and ammo, so some of the troops in those Red squads were just waiting to pick up the rifle of a fallen comrade. But even if this is the case, I personally would still like to see a 10 man unit, even if 2 of those sprites only had knives, at least they could scavage for weapons.

Just some thoughts...

And because it can't be said enough, GREAT MOD!

Thanks,
Pzt_Mac

#43:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:59 pm
    —
Jeeze mac. I know you like hearing yourself talk, but double posting now? Okay okay... we hear you. Wink

Yeah. You're right about the reserve placed on the original BG thing. I edited my previous post and scratched that from the post to avoid confusion.

Hey mac. Great points about the over-abundance of small russian teams.
Three man teams are cannon fodder and a wasted slot against the strong german teams.
I'm not a great historian buff, but I know the russians defeated the Wehrmacht at Stalingrad, among other things, largely due to their great numbers of bodies they could throw into the grinder there. Replace some of those 3 man teams with some 9 or 10 man teams. Even if all of them didn't have rifles. Would be some defense against getting rolled over by the german teams in the close quarters fighting of Stalingrad.

I will post, with screenshots, some of the bugs I'm running into with this scenario editor later on.
One thing I would like to mention now about the scenario editor that would help a GREAT deal. The maps are sooo close together in the north that BG placement is close to impossible in some cases. Spreading things out a bit in the north would be a really big help.
This message pops up again and again and again when trying to place BG's, probably because everything is so jumbled up in the north.

I think spreading things out a bit would also solve some of the other inherent problems with the strat editor that I'm running in to as well.

Not trying to overwhelm the mod team. Just getting things out there that would make for big improvements.

This is an excellent mod.

#44:  Author: AT_kampf PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:02 pm
    —
Pzt_Wruff wrote:
Jeeze mac. I know you like hearing yourself talk, but double posting now? Okay okay... we hear you. Wink

Yeah. You're right about the reserve placed on the original BG thing. I edited my previous post and scratched that from the post to avoid confusion.

Hey mac. Great points about the over-abundance of small russian teams.
Three man teams are cannon fodder and a wasted slot against the strong german teams.
I'm not a great historian buff, but I know the russians defeated the Wehrmacht at Stalingrad, among other things, largely due to their great numbers of bodies they could throw into the grinder there. Replace some of those 3 man teams with some 9 or 10 man teams. Even if all of them didn't have rifles. Would be some defense against getting rolled over by the german teams in the close quarters fighting of Stalingrad.

I will post, with screenshots, some of the bugs I'm running into with this scenario editor later on.
One thing I would like to mention now about the scenario editor that would help a GREAT deal. The maps are sooo close together in the north that BG placement is close to impossible in some cases. Spreading things out a bit in the north would be a really big help.
This message pops up again and again and again when trying to place BG's, probably because everything is so jumbled up in the north.

I think spreading things out a bit would also solve some of the other inherent problems with the strat editor that I'm running in to as well.

Not trying to overwhelm the mod team. Just getting things out there that would make for big improvements.

This is an excellent mod.

when u drag and drop bg on the map make sure the name of the map apears (on top screen) before you drop it ,,

#45:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:40 pm
    —
Pzt_Mac wrote:

I'm wondering if the mod team designed the size of the Russian teams with the fact that there were large limitations on weapons and ammo, so some of the troops in those Red squads were just waiting to pick up the rifle of a fallen comrade. But even if this is the case, I personally would still like to see a 10 man unit, even if 2 of those sprites only had knives, at least they could scavage for weapons.

Wow that sounds really good !!! Knives, bayonetes, lack of riffles and ammo - scavening, large numbers of russian --- WOW - just like in Enemy at the Gates - one riffle for two !!! Good thinking !!!

But even without that - this mod is superb !!!

#46:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:29 am
    —
AT_kampf wrote:

when u drag and drop bg on the map make sure the name of the map apears (on top screen) before you drop it ,,

Yeah. I did. Again and again. And just tried again to confirm.
STZ West appears on top of screen but the unit drops on STZ Settlements.
I'll try again just now to be sure....
Yep. Did it again. Maps are just too close together.

#47:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:04 am
    —
@everybody,

plz post here only BUGS and MISTAKES, not yer proposals or gratitude.
Whoever wants to propose something,make new thread.
ALL REPLIES NOT CONCERNING BUGS IN THIS TOPIC WILL BE DELETED

@Mac,
in current GC, german reinforcement comes on 15th on most maps so u have 3 battles to capture exit VL.
on 14th only 2 second wave BGs come. On Tsaritsa Woods(BG of 24Pz) and Kuibyshev(BG of 29MID).
in order to c appearence of next waves BGs u need to have maps free of yer BGs.

In 1942 red army squad on paper had 10men.In reality no more than 6-7 due to lack of men.
German inf squad had 10men.PzGren squad had 12 and 14men.
During september at Stalingrad germans had clear advantage in numbers of vehicles,support and men.

@wruff,.
in the future update Editor will be fixed.

For yer information, ENEMY AT THE GATES movie is completely ahistorical and moreover it insults russian veterans.
It was forbidden to be in cinemas in Volgograd(ex-Stalingrad) coz veterans requested.

#48: after reading all bug reports... Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:31 pm
    —
i was going to say the tanks are massive! i drove ferdinands through stalin 3 map years ago that looked smaller then current mk4's! somebody posted "tank graphics are double the size" that explains that!

the 88mm flax truck, then driving left to right, the turrent seems to jump 5 feet forward, then back as it drives along, just a graphics problem, also seems to skinny/narrow to me.

the( zkf )20mm scout car are absolutely devistating! lost 30% of all artillery to them! ive dropped some 40 rds of 8cm morter on them from 200 to 400M away, fired hundrens of mmg and hmg rounds,they wont die! ATGs only time ive killed them.

molotov cocktails, only 2 teams i seen even have them, more in future mods ???? i guess im comparing to my favourite mod ever...RR0822 CCIII.

morters have less ammo then reg ccv,20 rds for russians? lordy done the same in regextra,seems as soon as you start, ammo gone.

the sounds for russian MGs ,notable the 12.7mm dhks is near impossiable to hear, sounds muffled. not the clear thumping in RR.

little thing now, but russian rifles in soldier display, all seem like little black carbines(same as carcino cc3 greece mod).ammo rates seem low, im out within minutes in any game ive played....but it is stalingrad....

LOVE THE MOD, WORTH THE WAIT.

TACK
true russian fan!

#49: phantom deaths Author: Kutsteel PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:04 am
    —
I have seen a couple of times already that enemy units (so far) are being killed by 'something' invisible. 1 particular one stands out as a german command squad 4 bldgs away near a VL indoors were visible to me at start of game after deployment. I watched in amazement as it was just cut down in rapid order AND I HAD NO LOS to them.
I am thinking it is a deployment LOS issue because I had also ordered a smoke screen from mortars and it was way short of it's target area. so maybe an unknown unit had its Kill zone right in front of the Command group that died mysteriously

#50:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:32 am
    —
All vehicles have real life dimensions according to size we chose.

Mortars can hardly kill any open-toped(and guns either)in Stalingrad, either way u wouldn't be able to use open-tops as they'd be killed by mortars.
AT Rifles,ATGs,Snipers,HMGs,Small Arms at close can kill crew or blow Armored Cars.

Molotov Kocktail it's finnish name.
Russians called it Bottle of KS(Butylka KS).
Only Irregulars(militia),Assault Groups,AT Teams(Butylochniki) and NKVD Leaders use them.
It was not standart issue weapon of regular infantry.

russian 82mm mortars have less ammo to represent ammo shortage for mortars.

Regular russian rifleman in Stalingrad has 60rnds for his rifle.Irregulars can have more or less. Crews much less.

#51:  Author: dj PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:19 pm
    —
Having crashes with the Tsarita Woods map in the Grand Campaign. At first I thought it was a bug with the forcepool of that German BG. Adjusted some of the units and I got past the crash. Next day of battle it crashed again when Tsarita Woods came up. After several attempts of changing units from the force pool, still no luck.

Initially it would crash a few minutes into the battle every time consistantly. The next day of battle, after I got it work using alternate force pool units, it crashed instantly without even getting to the deployment screen.

Tried download the Tsarita woods map individually and overrode the map pack files. That doesn't seem to be the issue.

The El Alamein mod for CCV had a simliar bug reported with the forcepool of one Italian BG.

#52:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:50 am
    —
Strat bug: Another one way road.

Crossing 62 to Red Barricades East is a one way road.
Can move units north from Crossing 62 to Red Barricades East, but cannot move units south from Red Barricades East to Crossing 62.
It's a one way path between the two maps leading only to the north.

-

#53:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:03 am
    —
Map bug...... I think there should be a cliff coded into this area or the pipeline should go underground. Its 1.5meters high everywhere in the area.

#54:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:39 am
    —
Disappearing BG!

Sick and I started an Op. The 94 and the 138 met in West Stalingrad. It was the first battle played.

At the start of the second half of the first day, the 138 had suddenly disappeared from off of the strat map!

We replayed through it a second time just to see if it was the file, but the same thing happened again...

#55:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:33 am
    —
Stalingrad team,

The disappearing BG is due to team size issues. Here is what I found looking at files (Alsteams.adb, Geteams.adb and vehicles.adb).

Alsteams.adb
29 - Soldier list has one too many defined
121 - Team size 5 should 4 to match soldier list and soldier type entries

Geteams.adb
52 - soldier type has one too many defined
55 - soldier type has one too many defined

Vehicles.adb
26 - crew size 2 should be 4 to match geteams.adb
28 - crew size 4 should be 5 to match geteams.adb
80 - crew size 6 should be 5 to match alsteams.adb
81 - crew size 5 should be 6 to match alsteams.adb

#56:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:28 am
    —
Thnx guys!

Fixed.
looks like we need to release small patch right away with data/btd fixed as these r really affecting gameplay Confused .

#57: Re: Grand Campaign Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:57 pm
    —
Has anyone else experienced crashes in the Tsarita Woods section of the Grand Campaign?

The rest of the battles so far seem to work fine but that portion of the grand campaign on day 2 and 3 keeps crashing consistantly.

Already tried downloading the individual map. The map files don't seem to be the problem.

#58:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:53 pm
    —
perhaps we can wait till someone has completed a GC to be sure all stratmap bugs are detected.
Then a update would be wonderful!!!

I love the mod!

#59:  Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:12 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
Map bug...... I think there should be a cliff coded into this area or the pipeline should go underground. Its 1.5meters high everywhere in the area.

not at all : it is an aerial pipeline and the elevation dont change as it is the element that changes : the elevated pipe line is coded as below bridge to let a los under it and to let the soldiers and vehicles cross this area, the rest of the pipe line is on the ground and is coded as sheet metal wall (I think). the aerial pipe line dissapear as you go under it (roof)
No bug here. Wink

#60:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:24 pm
    —
Ahhh.... I see. Thats good.

#61:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:56 pm
    —
hi guys
i was playing a gc with someone yesterday [ his gc ] and it was on day 2 at the leather factory map. i was german and the german bg was out of supply. he said he didnt no why and i didnt no either. the german bg still held its enty VL and had gained some territory and other VL's.

any ideas here?

#62:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:53 am
    —
I had a similar problem in the German starting sectors. When it took me more than one round to conquer a sctor, I lost supply to zero in the next round making it almost impossible to succeed. This is strange, as Germans start their operations in these sectors and as attacker should at least there have sufficient supply.

my settings were: 15min and force moral too low will end battle, thats why it takes me more than one round to push the russians out

#63:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:45 pm
    —
on which maps u had such problem?

#64:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:37 pm
    —
if i remember correctly: all starting sectors had this problem

#65:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:32 pm
    —
stiener wrote:
hi guys
i was playing a gc with someone yesterday [ his gc ] and it was on day 2 at the leather factory map. i was german and the german bg was out of supply. he said he didnt no why and i didnt no either. the german bg still held its enty VL and had gained some territory and other VL's.

any ideas here?

Same problem for me too. It seemed to be only in starting sectors with single Oil barrel(instead of 2). although i have to check that. But Same problem, Taken half a map. next round-Out of supply!

I didnt think about posting it- as I figured it was meant to simulate Russian attacks on supply lines Smile

#66:  Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:41 pm
    —
poli wrote:
stiener wrote:
hi guys

any ideas here?

Same problem for me too. It seemed to be only in starting sectors with single Oil barrel(instead of 2). although i have to check that. But Same problem, Taken half a map. next round-Out of supply!

I didnt think about posting it- as I figured it was meant to simulate Russian attacks on supply lines Smile

you are right, after checking it, it seems that some starting map for Germans have only a minor supply dump. It has been changed recently. Don't know if it was a bug or a feature? It will surely be changed as there were no attack on supply lines in this area!

#67:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:18 am
    —
Dima
on any map that has a 1 barrell supply symbol. is this supposed to be like that?

#68:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:36 am
    —
stiener wrote:
Dima
on any map that has a 1 barrell supply symbol. is this supposed to be like that?

nop, looks like that's another CC5 thing we need to pay attention to...
well anyway GC is fixed in patch.

#69:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:27 am
    —
noticed a problem with vehicles on the 1 map in old gc, mechetka bridge as i remember. When german vehicles entered the bridge, they disapeared. Visible for my teams - could set fire point on them, also visible on map previev but not on the proper map.
Also there's a problem with scenariomaker resulting from placing maps very close to each one - placing bgs on a particular map in the notrhern part of the map - stz maps especially - is extremely tough.

#70:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:30 am
    —
that's not bug with bridge but a feuture

#71:  Author: Aetius PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:31 pm
    —
Hi guys,

When you look in the soldier screen at the Soviet T70 and T60 2 man tanks, the main gun isn't there.

The leader only has a DT (orDP) LMG, and the driver has no weapon.

greetz

Aetius

#72:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:40 pm
    —
CC5 bug affecting 2men crew tanx

check stock CC5 R35,H38 tanx

#73:  Author: WH PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:56 am
    —
I got message as follows in making custome scenario. I have no idea what's the problem. It seems that every hexes are connected each other, but the message doesn't seem to think so. What is the problem?

#74: Tanks & wehicles problem.... Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:13 am
    —
Hi, guys, does anybody knows what is the cause of the following problem..

I started new GC playing as german, and after one turn i had maybe three or four tanks/armored cars damaged. I the next turn i removed them and took the new one from force pool. Before clicking the start and while looking for good positions, when i clicked right button on those wehicles they were ok (move fast, move etc..), but after i started the battle suddenly i couldn't move them. Because they are 'damaged'...... Confused

Really don't know, am i the only who gets this kind of bizzare error.... Question

#75:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:08 pm
    —
Hosenfeld wrote:
I got message as follows in making custome scenario. I have no idea what's the problem. It seems that every hexes are connected each other, but the message doesn't seem to think so. What is the problem?

Maybe study this : http://www.closecombatseries.net/stalingrad/stratmap.html

#76:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:30 pm
    —
mochoho,

Your tanks have no fuel. This is fixed in the updated GC in patch 1.1 as the minor supply depots (which only allow BG's to reform) were replaced with 3 barrel supply depots.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#77:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:49 pm
    —
Tejszd,

You're right...figured that out... :mad1 ..Thanks.. Exclamation

#78:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:59 pm
    —
is it just me or is the strat map clock permenantly set to 2pm ??

#79: Unkillable gun crews? Author: AjK PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:54 am
    —
Hello,

I didn't read all the 10 pages so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

AT and infantry guns seem to be extremely hard if not impossible to kill by infantry. I have assaulted guns as close as 10-20m from behind. My infantry team is firing their rifles and throwing grandes on the gun&crew and nothing happens. Excpet the gun traverses 180 degrees and starts firing at my infantry team.

Is there a bug with certain (I've played only on the German side) guns/crews that they can't be killed? Right now the only way to get rid of an enemy gun is to destroy the weapon itself with another large caliber gun or possibly with satchel charge/explosives I don't know. Even in these cases the crew usually gets away intact.

I'm still in the opening battles so I've encountered mostly russian 37mm AT guns and possibly some 45mm AT and 76,2mm short barreled infantry guns in case this problem is gun specific. My only destroyed gun is a German Pak38 which was blown away by a russian tank. This crew bail out unhurt aswell.

Finally I'd like to thank the mod mod team, this is the greatest mod ever. Very well done in every aspect, playability and balance are right on target.

Ajk

#80:  Author: LapsedPacifistLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:09 am
    —
I was using QClone to make AI better and came across a problem in the data. In the soldiers.adb file on column 2 (index) the PTRD and PTRS both have index number 66 so there is no index number 67!

I've corrected this on mine though this doesn't seem to have caused any problems in game as it was though I thought it would have done?

Anyway thought you should know.

#81: little graphical bugs Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:23 pm
    —
Hi,

I noticed a little graphical bug in the mod:

The icons of the different support types are too white.

Close Combat treats clear white (R=0, B=0, G=0) as transparant, thats why some of the pixels of the support types are not visible.

I also noticed this problem with some of the commanders pix.

The new graphics are absolutely briliant.

#82:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:05 pm
    —
I cantg seem to move my German battlegroup from STZ west to red barricades west..... Ive checked strat map but it seems these 2 should connect.

#83:  Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:07 pm
    —
another minor thing:

In the scenario editor screen there is a german battlegroup with on the little icon the name 549/389, but if you click this unit there appears 546/389 on the top of the screen.

Just a little graphical error i wanted to report.

#84:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:17 pm
    —
Quote:
Just a little graphical error i wanted to report.

thnx.

Quote:
I cantg seem to move my German battlegroup from STZ west to red barricades west.....

thnx.

Quote:
In the soldiers.adb file on column 2 (index) the PTRD and PTRS both have index number 66 so there is no index number 67!

funny mistake, thnx.

#85:  Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:50 pm
    —
If you click in the stratigic screen on the fallen fighters square map, it still shows the first map made by Cpl Filth instead of the new one made by Manoi.

#86:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:56 pm
    —
If you want to move a BG frtom Kuporosnoye to the Grain Elevator, you dont get a arrow shown to indicate the planned move! Nevertheless the movement order gets executed.
Just a little confusing.

And I can confirm that Pak crews are too tough to fight with infantry! Even continous fire from heavy MGs doesn't kill a single crewman. And assaults end up with my teams (even 2 or 3 from different sides!, engineers with flamer, too) being totally beaten up.

So I prefer to kill those guns with tanks or Stugs instead as mortars have almost no effect, too.

#87:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:20 pm
    —
as well as i remember killing gun crews with mg was never easy, in gjs i.e. but still i feel guns are a bit too powerful in infantry fighting.

#88:  Author: offog PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:31 pm
    —
A number of minuets into the game, single battles first three, I keep getting this message and it crashes. Have I loaded something wrong?

Quote:
CC error:

Informs DirectDraw that the previous Blt which is transferring information to or from this Surface is incomplete.

Your instructions were very good and easy to follow thank you.

#89:  Author: double_a6 PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:04 pm
    —
Congratulations on a great mod and thanks for the quick upgrade to 1.1
Unfortunately I have noticed that frequently I get a crash to desktop on the tsarita woods map.
I'm playing the first GC as germans on elite vs AI on recruit.
It's happened with 2 different german and russian battlegroups. It happens after a few minutes of play.
Any one else experienced this?

cheers,

#90:  Author: 555_team PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:06 am
    —
2 different name for same unit
Militsionery (Милиционеры)
Militsyonery (Милицыонеры ;)

#91:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:09 am
    —
how do you fix that? is it fixed in the 1.1 plugin?

#92:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:23 am
    —
555_team wrote:
Militsyonery (Милицыонеры Wink

haha

#93:  Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:08 pm
    —
Yes I too am getting constant crashes on day 2 of the new grand campaign on the Tsarita Woods map.

Believe I may have found a temporary work around. If you remove all vehicle including mortar halftracks and just use infantry teams instead...it should stop crashing. Though I believe some of the MG teams also might cause crashes.
May have to try a few times, but if definitely worked and will at least get you through Tsarita Woods. Well I actually ended up causing the enemy to disband, even with the units I didn't want. ha ha

Proper credit should go to ANZAC Lord for pointing out to me by removing vehicles from the battlegroup he was able to get past similar crashes he had.

But I am still thrilled to play your mod even with the Tsarita Woods issue.

double_a6 wrote:
Congratulations on a great mod and thanks for the quick upgrade to 1.1
Unfortunately I have noticed that frequently I get a crash to desktop on the tsarita woods map.
I'm playing the first GC as germans on elite vs AI on recruit.
It's happened with 2 different german and russian battlegroups. It happens after a few minutes of play.
Any one else experienced this?

cheers,

#94:  Author: double_a6 PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:23 pm
    —
Thanks dj
I worked around it this way too although I found I had to remove mortar teams as well.

Cheers,

#95:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:20 pm
    —
Don't know if this one's been mentioned. I noticed it some time ago.

The clock in the strat screen always reads 1400 hrs (2pm), rather than the usual designated 0600 (morning round) and 1400 (afternoon round).
Clock is stuck on 1400.

#96:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:49 pm
    —
Quite right Wruff,

Can somebody please wind up the clock Smile or has the key been lost Wink

Cheers

#97:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:13 am
    —
GS_Schimpf wrote:
If you want to move a BG frtom Kuporosnoye to the Grain Elevator, you dont get a arrow shown to indicate the planned move! Nevertheless the movement order gets executed.
Just a little confusing.

And I can confirm that Pak crews are too tough to fight with infantry! Even continous fire from heavy MGs doesn't kill a single crewman. And assaults end up with my teams (even 2 or 3 from different sides!, engineers with flamer, too) being totally beaten up.

So I prefer to kill those guns with tanks or Stugs instead as mortars have almost no effect, too.

Well this problem is actually more tricky than it seems. 1.) In the Stalingrad mod only the team leader of the gun crew is armed with a rifle. This makes them less potent in one way than they used to. With guns, the have too much armor on top and too much armor in the back. But "too much" when it's alread at 8 is hard guage, I knocked down armor in the back and the front. The first time it was too low and someone needed only fart in the general vincinity of the gun and it blew up. Now I think I have it right. 4 direct or close to direct hits with a mortar and your gun is done. But the other problem arises -- infantry don't have much trouble taking the guns if the get within 10 meters. Maybe the second thing to be done would be to get them some more rifles -- but that's really up to the mod makers.

What I like is the mods in which all of the crews (tank and gun) are able to move about the map as unit after they've been knocked out. Anyone remember how to do that? Simply not code them as crew or give them a command unit?

Anyway the only other change I made was by making the Arty slightly more powerful.

(for vet play againg the AI as Russians, I gave the AI double shots on all russian rifles (so the can put out double the fire power) and I turned the 50mm in Moltov Launchers -- but that's another story.)

#98:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:22 am
    —
Oh just also one very minor thing (I don't know how hard it would be to change this or not) but I thought I would mention it.

When all Russians forces are destroyed or routed it still reads "Americans"

[img=http://img102.imagevenue.com/loc165/th_31f_UO0483.jpg]

#99:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:30 am
    —
Quote:
Well this problem is actually more tricky than it seems. 1.) In the Stalingrad mod only the team leader of the gun crew is armed with a rifle. This makes them less potent in one way than they used to. With guns, the have too much armor on top and too much armor in the back. But "too much" when it's alread at 8 is hard guage, I knocked down armor in the back and the front. The first time it was too low and someone needed only fart in the general vincinity of the gun and it blew up. Now I think I have it right. 4 direct or close to direct hits with a mortar and your gun is done. But the other problem arises -- infantry don't have much trouble taking the guns if the get within 10 meters. Maybe the second thing to be done would be to get them some more rifles -- but that's really up to the mod makers.

well u really don't understand the problem Wink. Armor doesn't affect it at all.
Anyway it was fixed same day topic appeare, but we don;t want to make 1.2patch to avoid mess we had with 1.1. So u'll have to wait for update.

Quote:
When all Russians forces are destroyed or routed it still reads "Americans"

fixed. will be available in update.

#100:  Author: caribaceyLocation: St Martin, Caribbean PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:06 pm
    —
555_team wrote:
Militsyonery (Милицыонеры Wink

If I remember, the second unit has a DP.

#101:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:10 am
    —
Dima wrote:
. Armor doesn't affect it at all.

Hmmm. I dwon't disgree there but when I changed the rear and top armor, they did become easier to kill comparable to other mods (since I totally uninstalled all CC Stuff and only reinstalled to play Stalingrad, I didn't look at armor values for guns in other mods.) but I would be interested as to what affects it?

#102:  Author: 555_team PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:50 pm
    —
2caribacey
so? It's a spelling error in the unit's name (like "police" and "polyce" for example)

#103:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:51 am
    —
When i played as a Russian and my soldiers get railed i heard ... german voice Shocked

#104:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:34 pm
    —
MarcinT wrote:
When i played as a Russian and my soldiers get railed i heard ... german voice Shocked

i thought noone will notice Laughing

will be fixed in update.

#105:  Author: 7A_Bjorn PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:56 pm
    —
This may have already been reported, but noticed some times you can see 2-3 maps back even in bad weather, and the BGs you see changes when u load up the file. This may be a CC5 game engine problem not the mod though, not sure.

Bjorn

#106:  Author: Arg0nLocation: Slavonski Brod PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:52 pm
    —
Dima, I don't know if this is a error in game engine or in mod, but once i immobilised PzIVE with its side exposed to my T-34 from guards tank brig.
The T-34 fired 10 shots (8 direct hits from about 125-200m), but the Pz wasn't even damaged, and then it blew my T-34 skyhigh. Could somebody explain to me what the hell happened?

#107:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:31 pm
    —
crap happens.

#108:  Author: Arg0nLocation: Slavonski Brod PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:42 pm
    —
Dima wrote:
crap happens.

Damn right. I just hope that RP won't suffer from same stupidities.
BTW: when will the next major update come?

#109:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:09 am
    —
Just noticed tonight that the strat map has German maps as red and Russian maps as green while the campaign debrief screen has German maps as green and Russian maps as red.

#110:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:25 am
    —
Myself and others have noticed that in some BGs, maybe all, the section commanders always get the heavy weapons of the group. Especially groups with FTs.

#111: PzBefWg IIIH no main gun... Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:16 pm
    —
so i got to use the 14thPanzer Division/108th Regiment (RGT108/14thPD) in game. Going against that KV battle group actually (un lucky the regiment) oh well so I noticed that the tank leader panzer IIIH has only a coax MG.... is that bug?? or is that suppose to simulate those radio panzer IIIs that had a fake gun b/c its overloaded w/ radio equipment?????

thanks

#112:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 am
    —
Quote:
or is that suppose to simulate those radio panzer IIIs that had a fake gun b/c its overloaded w/ radio equipment?????

jaja

#113:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:03 pm
    —
Already mentioned this to dima in GS the other day.
Putting it here in the log for reference and public info.

ONE WAY ROAD: North Train Station to Dolgly Gully is a one way road. N. Train Station goes to Dolgly Gully, but Dolgly Gully doesn't path to N. Train Station.

#114:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:47 pm
    —
game has forzen twice now while playing the south train station map

it may be i did a map thing wrong

EDIT I recopied A1 and A2 into maps folder and its ok now....

Great Mod!

#115: KV1 Gun Author: MörserCarlLocation: Tokyo PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:52 pm
    —
A bug for Dima to think about. It's happened on quite a few occasions that the main weaponry of my KV1s pointed in a different direction than the direction in which the tank actually fired. It can be a bit confusing for the opponent, I presume, when he observes that the turret is turned away but then suddenly the beast sprays cannon fire directly at him. Not talking of the machine guns, but the main gun.

#116:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:06 pm
    —
Myg,
all CC(at least since CC2) have such bug.

Not modders fault.

#117: ARMORED CARS Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:54 am
    —
ARMORED CARS seem to lose crew and be knocked out too easy by light fire, rifle, smg.I would like to see a very small beef up of ARMORED CARS they seem to be little more than trucks after all they were designed to stop such fire, becoming tracked
tends to be a little on the easy side! i think this has been a small problem from the early days of CC.
4 and nar speak up!

#118: what he said! Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:46 am
    —
Dima wrote:
Myg,
all CC(at least since CC2) have such bug.

Not modders fault.
dont think he is looking for fault just fixes if modders would be willing to do such a thing!

#119: Re: ARMORED CARS Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:56 am
    —
tigercub wrote:
ARMORED CARS seem to lose crew and be knocked out too easy by light fire, rifle, smg.I would like to see a very small beef up of ARMORED CARS they seem to be little more than trucks after all they were designed to stop such fire, becoming tracked
tends to be a little on the easy side! i think this has been a small problem from the early days of CC.
4 and nar speak up!

so far the recon cars etc i have been up against have been very tuff and causing me major casualties.......

#120: Re: ARMORED CARS Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:05 am
    —
VonVolks wrote:
tigercub wrote:
4 and nar speak up!

so far the recon cars etc i have been up against have been very tuff and causing me major casualties.......
they can do that if given the chance! very tuff not in my book Wink

#121: shooting range map Author: caribaceyLocation: St Martin, Caribbean PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:37 am
    —
The bottom right of the shooting range map has some weird LOS. The elevation reads as 8m, dropping from right to left. However, the guns sight path goes red within 20m.

#122:  Author: Pzt-angusLocation: Shanghai , China PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:15 pm
    —
Pzt_Wruff wrote:

ONE WAY ROAD: North Train Station to Dolgly Gully is a one way road. N. Train Station goes to Dolgly Gully, but Dolgly Gully doesn't path to N. Train Station.

Wruff is right!
I met the same problem the other day. And I find that the German troops can't go from Dolgly Gully to North Train Station, but the Russian can pass them without any problem.

#123: 'Immobilized' but still moving Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:04 pm
    —
I found a 'bug' that's probably more CC5 inherent than the mod but the only time I noticed something like this was when playing CC5 Stalingrad 2 days ago. During an artillery bombardment on a group of enemy soviet tanks several of them were immobilized (displayed in the combat messages , and 1 crew injured). However, a command Gv T34 started to move again after nearly 10 minutes!
Anyone seen this before?

#124:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:30 pm
    —
Hello, i been playing cc since ever.
A friend of mine told me he couldn´t install Stalingrad Mod, now, i think he has an ilegal copy of the game or something like that, and i told him that the problem must be that.
Does somebody know if the mod runs in copies? because mayby the problem is somwere else.

Thanks

#125:  Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:47 am
    —
Ivan_Zaitzev wrote:
Hello, i been playing cc since ever.
A friend of mine told me he couldn´t install Stalingrad Mod, now, i think he has an ilegal copy of the game or something like that, and i told him that the problem must be that.
Does somebody know if the mod runs in copies? because mayby the problem is somwere else.

Thanks
you should not have a problem with a copy working the prob whould be how it is set up with your friend.

#126:  Author: uruk-haiLocation: Gliwice, PL PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:52 pm
    —
It my first time post Wink

Dima wrote:
Dunno we didn't make training mod Crying or Very sad ... Very Happy
Po-2 is light bomber....anti-inf bombs.
LaGG-4 is fighter...1x20mm Autocannon and 2 12.7mm MGs.

LaGG-3 Dima not LaGG-4 Wink

Another types of armament used on LaGG fighters:
a) 1x20mm+2x7,62mm,
b)1x20mm+1x12,7mm
c)1x12,7+2x7,62mm

Another mistakes (not exactelly correct datas - IMO) I found here:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=94

Well:

Ok, not only 20mm (x2) but always + 2 SzKas 7,62mm. Not only anty-infantry 50kg bombs and usually 100kg bombs x2 or x4 but in these times 82mm rocket RS were not used. IL-2 did not have too much powered engine AM-38 to take off with rockets and bombs together in 1942 yea.r

Il-2 had 2x23mm VJ (AT) cannons but in few months in 1941/42 were lack of them (VJ) and an planes equiped with 2x20 mm SzVak cannons (knewn from Jaks and LaGGs fighters)

Another picture from Air Strikes Quide link:

2x20mm (FF-MG cannones) and x4 (not x2) machine guns 7,92mm

Me-110 from 41/42 years (like model E, similar to this one) could took 50 kg bombs (x4) on underwigs racks together with 2x250kg bombs (known from link)

In the picture Me-110 had cammo better known from ... night fighter versions (G). Because it is C/D/E/F DB-601 engines series Me-110 - what we can see - I tell you that never happened!
I see one more little crap: engine tube pipes used only on night fighter G-4 (and few "F" night '110 Messer) mission .... but not with this Me-110 version! Please take cammo greens from Hs, Ju or Me-109 two greys scheme - it's very typical on ground attack German plans...

Next one picture(s):

little incorrect data:

Ju-87B-2 like this one had 2x7,92mm forward mgs

Me-109E-4/7B like this one had 2x20mm FF cannons and 2x7,92mm mgs - not 3x7,92mm mgs

And finally Hs-129B.(B-1 I think) In those times this was really "big a-tank weapon": MK-101 30mm cannons had special a-tammo and Henschel could halt or/and destroy any soviet vehicles (including KV and T-34 tanks). I've written that Hs-129 was capable of carrying 50kg bombs but not only these SC50 bombs. It could carry two AB24 containers, each one with 24 of SD2 2 kg antipersonnel bombs.

Russian planes had red stars on upper surfaces. Sorry but it's one more mistake (IMHO). VVS didn't use red stars in those places then (end '42). Ok it happened at the begining of war. Red stars could be seen on upper surfaces on "I" old biplanes fighters for example, and generally on pre-war production airplanes but not over Stalingrad'42 VVS planes....

4 Russian planes had uppersurfaces red stars , 1 - maybe (U/Po-2)? But not every 4 types...

I've been watching closecombatseries Forum for years and many times I have wanted to write some things but my English ...

Forgive me, pls!

Last edited by uruk-hai on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:17 am; edited 3 times in total

#127:  Author: uruk-haiLocation: Gliwice, PL PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:55 pm
    —
to trashcan Smile

#128: Re: PzBefWg IIIH no main gun... Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:02 am
    —
sargexmy wrote:
so i got to use the 14thPanzer Division/108th Regiment (RGT108/14thPD) in game. Going against that KV battle group actually (un lucky the regiment) oh well so I noticed that the tank leader panzer IIIH has only a coax MG.... is that bug?? or is that suppose to simulate those radio panzer IIIs that had a fake gun b/c its overloaded w/ radio equipment?????

thanks

yeah what is up with that? In real red or some other mod for cc3, it stated quite clear that those panzer had fake guns and had only a MG, but in this case I don't know if it is a bug or just a case of not being clear enough on the unit description.

#129: Over use miss use of the element Steep Slope? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:16 pm
    —
So Ive been playing some more stalingrad and I have noticed an incredible overuse/missuse of the element 'steep slope'. In most maps it is used to designate a difference of 1-3 meters of elevation in a ravine, gully or similar, while in other maps a difference of nearly 5 meters or more (tsaritsa woods) is unnoticed and not codded at all, so whats with that?

I must say that Im biased in this matter, as I don't like that element at all, it slows the soldiers like hell. But I could live with 5 meters or more of difference codded as 'Steep slope' but not every bump/hole on the ground!

EDIT: Another possible bug/mistake about coding maps.

I was now playing at the map STZ settlments and noticed that the roofless buildings have the walls coded as 'Level 4 walls' while this is understandable as they are supposed to be big buildings with just the bottom floor, this gives the soldiers the ability to actually 'climb' the walls and get LOS as in a level 4 floor, making the possiblity to hide in the rubble practically useless because the troops can see eachother if they are on top of a level 4 wall, even from long distances wich really takes away a lot of the fun of fighting in the rubble.

I think these walls should be coded as simple level 1 walls to avoid such situation of 'free' LOS.

EDIT 2: To demonstrate the wrong coding of walls that makes the soldiers climb them, here are a few pictures.

Here we have a unit of Stosstrupp that are suppossedly inside that building. But if you look at the terrain data, they are actually on top of the Level 5 wall thus getting LOS equivalent of a 5th floor.

The building they are in has just the bottom floor as described in the terrain data of this picture.

For reference Im going to use the building in front of the Stosstruppen, that has a Command team inside. This building is one floor tall and it has the correct level of stone wall as noted by the terrain data.

Let's say I wanted to target beyond the Command's 1 storey building from the Stosstruppen building, it should be impossible since My LOF would have to get thru at least 3 walls, right?

See what I mean?. And it's not just in this map, it's on all the ones that have one storey buildings with tall walls .

Please mod makers of this great mod, would you fix this issue? I think it takes away a LOT of fun and it ruins the whole tactical planning for the battle.

Thanks, still a great mod!.

#130:  Author: daschewy PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:21 pm
    —
Not sure if this was mentioned but for the dynamite sticks it has the name geballte ladung, and the grenade bundle has a different name. The geballte ladung was in fact the grenade bunch and not sticks of dynamite. Also for the anti-tank hand mine wasnt the name of it hafthohlladungen?

Nothing major but just wanted to point it out incase you all felt it needed to be change

thanks for the mod

#131:  Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:50 pm
    —
minor aesthetical bug: A german command team has the wrong small unit picture. The one you see during combat and at the bottom when viewing the stats of the team.

EDIT: Specifically is the PG ZugFuhrer

Last edited by Pzt_Kanov on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#132:  Author: daschewy PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:11 pm
    —
One thing I saw is that the panzer IV ausf G says it has a 75mm L/43, the ausf G-J models all came with the L/48 cannon with 80mm of armour. The only version of the panzer IV to come with the L/43 gun was the F2 model.

Another thing I was wondering about was for the supply icons why are they always in red? Im assuming that as long as you maintain your supply lines you should have all units with full ammunition, correct?

just putting some minor things out there.

#133:  Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 am
    —
mortars won't fire from roofless buildings.

#134:  Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:35 am
    —
Heavy 88 FlaK trucks start the battle with low ammo.

#135: POSSIBLE Grain elevator map bug coding. Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:19 pm
    —
OK, so I'm now on the Grain elevator map after much anticipation... And it certainly didn't let down!!. An enourmous russian attack with like 10 t34 and assault infantry entered this map defended by a motorized Kampfgruppe with only PaK 38's and 2 captured T-34. The fighting was intense on the Silo as the russians approched first at one entrance and were repeled so they tried the other one and almost break through!.

Anyways... I moved an infantry unit INSIDE the grain elevator to near the stairs that walk you from the grain silos to the Silo elevator (near the number '3') and they suddenly got in LOS of 5 tanks 300 meters away that started firing on them. The tanks where parked on the village that is on the North-east corner of the map. I mean, the infantry unit was NOT near the walls, they where in the MIDDLE of the structure yet they were fired upon. I had to move them back letting russian infantry capture the grain Silos.

I noticed also that the 'Factory wall' element is 1 level only, while most of the grain elevator stands at or above 3 levels. Maybe this has to do with the fact that at upper levels, the infantry inside the building is not getting protection from the walls.

Just to let you guys know.

PS By the way, I don't want you to think I'm being annoying or whatnot for posting all this observations, is just that I like this mod so much that I want it to be as flawless as posibble.

#136:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:39 pm
    —
Keep it coming Smile!

Quote:
One thing I saw is that the panzer IV ausf G says it has a 75mm L/43, the ausf G-J models all came with the L/48 cannon with 80mm of armour. The only version of the panzer IV to come with the L/43 gun was the F2 model.

not really.
In August 1942 all the F2 were renamed to G. Btw only very late G had 50+30mm.

#137:  Author: MarkM PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 am
    —
Howdy all,

I shall resurect an old issue brushed off as "not an issue".

The infantry flame throwers will not, ever, under any circumstances use the FT against armour. I read this issue a long time ago and it was put down to supression or blah blah bah. It is none of the above. The reason they don't use the FT is a mystery, but I have played GJS and they do it there fine. In a recent PBEM in Stalingrad, I had two concealed FT teams, one in a building another in a woods, both in command range, only a couple of KV's as targets, no enemy infantry for 3 to 400 metres and they just sat there for ever doing squat, regardless if I gave them an attack order of not. Minutes passed by with nothing happening with them. Its not a game stopper, I just know now to never use FT's against armour, but it would be nice if there is another patch for Stalingrad that this an be fixed.

Thanks for the good work with the mod BTW.

regards,

mark.

#138:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:13 am
    —
Quote:
I had two concealed FT teams, one in a building another in a woods, both in command range, only a couple of KV's as targets,

coz KV's armor is far beyond kill rating of FTs.

Quote:
I just know now to never use FT's against armour, but it would be nice if there is another patch for Stalingrad that this an be fixed.

FT is anti soft target weapon.
It was virtually impossible to KO medium tank with FT or Molotov.

flame-based weapons were more psychological thread to tanx than real one. Coz when f.e. molotov hits the tank and crew sees that tank's caught fire in most cases crew would bail out. But unlike in real life, in CC5 crew won't go inside the tank again after they've seen that it was just a molotov...

IMO FTs r represented pretty realistic as they still can KO lite tanx and r good vs infantry.

#139:  Author: mariano_italianoLocation: Szczecin, Poland PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:09 am
    —
Hello
I had some strange problems playing h2h North Sector campaign, I played as the RKKA, and my killed tanks were each time back to the forcepool, i am not sure about other units, but it sure happened with tanks, any ideas??

#140:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:54 am
    —
I do not know if somebody have discovered it but on Dolgy Gully map there is a btd error, south position to map 26 is bad, it is a 100 points position and it should be one 50 points position.

#141:  Author: caksz_mk5 PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:58 am
    —
i can't place ATG inside a building , only 37mm but 50mm and 75mm can't ... is it suppose work like that , just start playiing the mods Razz

#142: Error Code with poor grammar Author: DarkDanLocation: Hawaii PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:25 pm
    —
Hey Guys, I just installed Stalingrad but can't get into the battle before the game shuts down with this message:

"Informs Direct Draw that previous bit that was used to upload Surface is incomplete"

Any Help?

#143:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:45 pm
    —
HELP! our campaign keeps crashing on the STZ EAST maps

What files should we have and where can we DL uncorrupted ones (if thats the issue)

#144:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:32 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I do not know if somebody have discovered it but on Dolgy Gully map there is a btd error, south position to map 26 is bad, it is a 100 points position and it should be one 50 points position.

Good catch Firefox.

I checked the other maps and found TWoods.btd has an entry VL in the southwest corner that was set as 100 instead of 50 points. Here are the updated .btd files for both maps....

Stalingrad v1.2 BTD Fixes.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Stalingrad v1.2 BTD Fixes.zip
 Filesize:  718 Bytes
 Downloaded:  782 Time(s)

#145:  Author: OldMan PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:40 pm
    —
I installed stalingrad 1.2 yesterday and works great except a single thing.

In the city map(campaign map) all the BG do not appear over the city they all appear offset to east ( on an amount that is pretty much exactly the width of the city). In fact all appears at east bank of the river. The real city map itself is a devoid of any usefulness area.

Any Idea what causes that?

#146:  Author: montgomery1944 PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:05 am
    —
When I use file TWoods.btd posted here by Tejszd, my game keeps crashing all the time whenever I try to play campaign. Dolgyi.btd works well.

#147:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:43 am
    —
Has anyone else had any failures or success using the updated TWoods.btd I uploaded???

#148:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:29 pm
    —
The Woods map was always a problem to me, but your update appears to have cured it........However I find it best never to use any sort of support on this map as that tended to cause the game to crash as well.

Cheers
Ronson

#149:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:10 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

Good catch Firefox.

I checked the other maps and found TWoods.btd has an entry VL in the southwest corner that was set as 100 instead of 50 points. Here are the updated .btd files for both maps....

Resurrecting an old thread here... Thanks Tejszd.. just seen this post. Dolgiy is fixed and BTD added to plugin. TWood was already fixed.

#150: Re: Stalingrad bugs&mistakes Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:37 am
    —
Fixed the clock on the strategic map. It always showed 2pm during both morning and evening turns. Now it shows 12 for morning, and 2 for evening. Will update plugin.

#151: Re: Stalingrad bugs&mistakes Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:07 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Fixed the clock on the strategic map. It always showed 2pm during both morning and evening turns. Now it shows 12 for morning, and 2 for evening. Will update plugin.

Thanks MOOXE!

The little fixes are making things better....

#152: Re: Stalingrad bugs&mistakes Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:13 am
    —
Thanks.... next fix but having trouble with is theres no strat map arrow when you move from Kuporosnoye to Grain Elevator. BED9 not helping here as theres no CC5 stratmap function.

After that... the blinking "chat" icon. I believe it should only blink when theres a message you haven't read, currently it blinks non-stop.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1