Direct X Problem re-installing CC3
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Direct X Problem re-installing CC3 Author: pepperrellLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:26 pm
    —
Having downloaded, played and thoroughl;y enjoyed GJS4.4, I wish to try other mods. I downloaded teh CC3 Great War mod, and attempetd to re-instal CC3 with CC4, CC5 and the GJS plug-in still installed on a 2GHz P4 with 2mb RAM running XP Pro with SP2. The installation hung on a pop-up stating: "Installing DirectX Media. This may take several minutes...".

I cancelled the installation via the nucelar option, unloaded GJS and the patch, and then uninstalled CC5 and CC4, before trying again. Same problem, and the minutes have become hours.....

Any ideas, anyone?

#2:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:27 pm
    —
If you still get problm to install or to play, i forward you to this little help tools what be the " Close Combat Trouble Shooting Guide " here ...

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=101

If you still get a problm than this guide dont help please report it on the Technical forum to the first thread: " Announcement: Trouble Shooting Guide - *Consult here 1st* "

Thx

#3: Direct X Problem Author: pepperrellLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:48 pm
    —
Thanks, Zappi. Unfortunately my problem occurs at the software loading stage rather than once loaded, so those tech support FAQs weren't a help then and they're not a help now. I've reloaded CC5 and tried some other mods, which seem to work fine. I'll post where you suggest, and if I can't get help there, I'll try again later.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1