GJS-cant find videos
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: GJS-cant find videos Author: pando4191 PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:56 pm
    —
hey Very Happy
ive downloaded all the relevant files etc and carried out the procedure to install GJS and everything seems ok until i try to run the game-as soon as i run it a message appears saying "cant find directory:videos- please re install close combat" can anyone advise-ive been trying it all evening!! Crying or Very sad the desktop icon has changed to a brit soldier which i presume is correct-running on win xp with nvidia geforce fx go5600 3d graphics-help would be v much appreciated!!! Razz

#2: ok Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:18 am
    —
u have done everything right Pando.
the needing video folder is a sign of a correct set up.
ok place ur cc5 cd into cd rom,then copy the entire video folder off of it.
Then paste it into ur CC invasion normandy folder on ur hard drive(make sure gjs is plugged in when u do this)
and bobs ur uncle

#3:  Author: GS_v_WitzlebenLocation: Spessart / Germany PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:43 am
    —
just create an folder "videos" into your cc5 folder would be enough....can be empty

#4: much thanks Author: pando4191 PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:01 pm
    —
anzac you are a true gent-that was the perfect solution! i was sending it to the data folder many thanks and so very much appreciated Very Happy

#5:  Author: pando4191 PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:03 pm
    —
thanks for replying GS-anzac had the answer i was looking for and i think yours did too-i just put it in the wrong folder-thanks Very Happy

#6:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:05 pm
    —
I do wonder why we have this Question Wink

#7:  Author: Jacko PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
    —
With all due respect, BamBam, the Install Guide, while helpful, is also the source of conflicting information... it's therefore hardly surprising that a few people have difficulties setting GJS up right first time.

See:
Quote:

STEP 6

Copy the Videos folder and all of its contents from your Close Combat 5 CDROM "/Data/Videos/" to "C:/Program Files/SSI/Close Combat Invasion Normandy/Data/" Refer to the picture below.

And then the pic show the 'Videos' folder placed into 'C:\Program Files/SSI/Close Combat Invasion Normandy/' (note, not the 'Data' folder, as per the text...)

From this, it is impossible for a first-timer to be certain they have followed the right instruction, isn't it? How do they know if the picture is right, or the text?

Perhaps some kind soul with the necessary privileges would be kind enough to change the text sometime, to help noobs in the future?

Anyway... I've just dug out GJS and CC5 after a break of nearly two years, and am having to install all my files from the old pre4.2 individual maps and plugins... hoping it will work again (cos I don't fancy having to download another 200+ meg of mapfiles again, lol)... but it does mean that some of the Install Guide isn't strictly relevant for old laggards like me. But like I said, it IS helpful, if not 100% accurate, and my thanks to its author.

Hope this helps someone,

Cheers

#8:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:40 pm
    —
Jacko,

Thx for pointing this out, this is a small error on our side. Rolling Eyes will correct this asap!

Again thank you for finding it Smile

#9:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:41 pm
    —
Step 6 of guide is alterred Wink

#10:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:41 am
    —
That was my fault! Woops! Thanks bambam.

#11:  Author: Jacko PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:02 am
    —
My thanks to you both! Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1