How the heck do you apply mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: How the heck do you apply mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: lohtse PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:21 am
    —
Hi Folks

Sorry if in wrong section but it applies to ALL CC games(yep have the lot)

How the heck do you use the dam mods??? All my CC games are originals NOT cracked/Warez... And I love the to death. Recenlty decided to install the mods no I thought this would be easy.. Just download relevent files n plugins etc, use config thingy and hey presto it should work.... Well not for me they either crash or can't find the relevent maps even when installed, and this applies to any version of CC. At this point I have to uninstall CC to get rid of maps etc then reinstall to get it working again, So does have any ideas where I'm going wrong?? Or could you give me the idiots dum guide to help?

regards
Andrew

#2:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:33 pm
    —
Have you installed the 5.01a patch?

Have you tried following one of the installation guides? On the CCS home page, down the right side, you will find several installation guides for mods. The directions are all basically the same.

Are you running on Win XP? Have you changed the compatibility to run on windows 98?

These are just a few suggetions to try. Maybe someone else has more ideas.

I hope you figure it out. The Mods are a great addition to the game.

#3:  Author: Pzt_CoyoteLocation: Zwolle, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:56 pm
    —
Here is a guide to the world of mods for CCV

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

#4:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:49 pm
    —
Another tip.
Before you install (Unzip files) it is better to put your game to the original one. IAW uninstall all your mods with the config manager to regular game patchet 5.01a. Then add your new (desired) mod completely and reuse your configmanager again for the mod you want to play.

Additionally, do not use a saved game from one mod in another mod (E.g. do not use a save game GJS in the SAS 3.5 mod)

Wink

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1