Stalingrad: Operation Circle is released!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

#1: Stalingrad: Operation Circle is released! Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:13 am
    —
Hi to you all,

I am very pleased to announce that Stalingrad : Operation Circle in now released ! You will find it available on the CCS download section following this link:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=250

Stalingrad: Operation Circle, or simply SOC, is the result of 14 months of hard work. Everything did not go as easy as I would have wanted. But I strongly believe that the 1.0 version that you will find on the server is already close to the quality you are expecting.

Stalingrad: Operation Circle, also known as Operation Ring or, in Russian language, Koltso, relates the last period of the Stalingrad battle, between January 10th and February 2nd, 1943. The mod begins with the devastating attack of the Kessel in the morning of January 10th, on all the northern, western and southern fronts, on a line going from Orlovka to Malo Rossochka on the north, from Malo Rossochka to Marinovka on the west and from Marinovka to Beketovka on the south. All the historical Axis units are here present, including the two Romanians divisions and the Croatian regiment which were encircled in the Kessel after November 23th, 1942 and shared their destiny with the rest of the German 6th Army.

The Grand Campaign covers obviously all the period, while shorter campaigns relate more local operations like the ones which cover the Rossochka front, the Northern front or the Southern front until the loss of Pitomnik on January 16th. There are also some other campaigns and operation which really cover, after the January 16th, what has to be called the agony of the Sixth Army. The defense of the Gumrak airport and the desperate fights in the ruins of Stalingrad after January 23th are some of these ones. I hope not to have forgotten anything important. Anyway, with all these ops and campaigns, you should have enough to spent white nights and have some trouble with your wife of girlfriend!

Basically, SOC is the sequel of SDK, so that the ones who enjoy playing SDK will certainly enjoy SOC as well. But SOC is NOT only a sequel. I have worked hard during months to improve what had to be improved on SDK, changed some graphics, sounds etc… As a result, you will find in SOC:

- 35 really new maps (the 9 remaining ones, which are common with SDK, have been recoded for better gameplay, so you will have to download 44 maps anyway…)
- 78 new unit icons (42% of the total)
- 25 new BG icons (46% of the total)
- New units, both by axis and soviet sides, including Sdkfz6 fürPaK36(r), Bunker Bezatzung, Alarmtruppen (2 kinds), FlamPanzer II, FlakVierling38, MG120(r), Panzer IIIL, Panzer IV turrets, Nebelwerfer42 für SdKfz4, Siberian snipers, motorized strelkis, Lend/lease Sherman’s and Lee’s, captured panzer III’s and T-34 turrets.
- A lot of new weapon icons, thanks to Thomas/Rouge 79
- New weapons
- Some new sounds
- A totally new looking-like stratmap, the result of 1 month of work…
- And, last but not least, a different AI.

You will also find in SOC two new game concepts:

- For the first time in CC, a AA regiment of a AA division: The 104th Flak Regiment of the 104th Flak Division of Major General Pickert.
- For the first time as well on CC –at least under this form…- 6 different Kampfgruppen which will help the german player to resist a little better on the maps of the stratmap where the situation will become the most desperate: Kampfgruppe Ludwig, fighting on the area of the 14th Panzer Division; Kampfgruppe Boje and Kampfgruppe Walther, fighting on the areas of the 131th Infantry regiment (44 Infantry Division); Kampfgruppe Mäder, fighting on the areas of the Romanian 20th and the German 297th; Kampfgruppe Strack, fighting on the area of the 16th Panzer Division; and Kampfgruppe Seidel, fighting on the area of the 3rd motorized Division, close to Marinovka at the time the game begins. These battlegroups, a little better supply than the other BG’s (40% instead of 30%...), with better fighting skills and weaponry, really add in my opinion something to the game. They come with special unit icons which make them more familiar and may help avoid a total disaster too early in the game.

Be careful, indeed: SOC is difficult. I have tried to make an aggressive AI, and together with the low morale of axis troops, the very low amount of ammo, AT guns and tanks, and the difficulty for the Germans to move (let’s don’t forget they were starving and ill), the challenge should be OK for most of you. For the rest, I am not responsible for the AI of CC5, so don’t blame me when, from time to time, the enemy seems to play your side….

SOC is a bunch of 1 mod, 2 submods and 1 add:

- Stalingrad: Operation Circle, which is the basic mod, to be played as the Axis, which is already a Veteran mod.
- The Russian Submod, for those who absolutely want to play as the Soviets. The Germans are a little less weak, but I had to stick to the history, so the submod is not interesting in my opinion.
- The H2H submod, for those who will play on line, which is interesting I suppose, if you can find a hard veteran playing as the Germans against you….
- The add is the awesome video from Polemarchos. Thanks to you, Kosta!

I think it is OK, now. Go to the download section, and have fun

Cheers to all
Panzerjäger

#2:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:30 am
    —
Thanks pzjager. I'll get right to it. Thanks for your time and effort.

#3:  Author: RaynorLocation: Russia PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 am
    —
Thanks for great work pzjager! Greetings from Russia, and yes, it's a time to finish these fascist dogs from 6th Army... with Russian vetmod :)))

#4:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:19 am
    —
Finally!!!
Thanks a lot for your hardwork, PJ!
We're in for another long spell of sleepless nights, unattended wives and kids, unproductive work hours (because of the frequent secret SOC battles on the laptop!), delays on other mods' progress... Very Happy

#5:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
unattended wives

You still have some time for your wife when the game loads...

Cheers, and don't forget to take some time to your coming mod.

panzerjäger

#6:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:31 am
    —
Grabbing it now, thanks pzjager!

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:15 am
    —
This greatly anticipated mod Now available at CSO Downloads

http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload

#8:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:37 am
    —
Thanks pzjager, i was really anxious to start with this mod. SDK was great so this one i supose will be even better. Thanks once more. 369th regiment will kick ass :Cool

#9: Re: Stalingrad: Operation Circle is released! Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:05 am
    —
pzjager wrote:

The 104th Flak Regiment of the 104th Flak Division of Major General Pickert

Sorry, there is a mistake: this is the 9th FlaK division.

Cheers
PJ

#10:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 am
    —
Hi pzjager,

many thanks to you for this great mod! A really fantastic end of this stalingradtriologie!!! Smile

But what do you mean with "Sorry, there is a mistake: this is the 9th FlaK division"?
Is this a Bug in your mod? When yes can you fix it?

You have told in the intro-threat that the video isn´t work in SOC. Do you will release a intro that is working in the game?

Again many many thaks for that!!! Smile

@mochoho
why do you like specially the 369th regiment?

#11:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:10 am
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:

But what do you mean with "Sorry, there is a mistake: this is the 9th FlaK division"?
Is this a Bug in your mod? When yes can you fix it?

Hi Wittmann,

No bug at all in the mod... The bug was in my message!

Cheers
PJ

#12: thanks Author: obinna PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:31 pm
    —
Thanks for all your hard work Razz looking forward to playing this
cheers michael

#13:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:25 pm
    —
Great Job pzjäger!

well done...! but i cant find the intro in the download pln...

we should offer it seperately, so only people who really like watching intros can download it. dont want to forc people to download it Wink

#14:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm
    —
Polemarchos wrote:
Great Job pzjäger!

well done...! but i cant find the intro in the download pln...

we should offer it seperately, so only people who really like watching intros can download it. dont want to forc people to download it Wink

Hi Kosta,

The Intro and the Submods will be placed soon on the DL page. It seems that Mooxe forgot to place them, or maybe there has been a problem?

I have written to Mooxe regarding this issue

Cheers
PJ

#15:  Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:43 pm
    —
The final showdown in Stalingrad.

Excellent work mate! Smile

#16:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:56 pm
    —
Submods are included in the plugin zip file. The intro... I will add once I get home from work! oops!

#17:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:17 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
Submods are included in the plugin zip file. The intro... I will add once I get home from work! oops!

Oh! I Apologise.... I should have checked!

Thanks
PJ

#18:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:24 pm
    —
excellent - I look forward to grabbing this tonight. Great job!!

#19:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:29 pm
    —
Hey pzjager, what settings do you recommend? elite-elite/moral/etc?

#20:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:03 am
    —
Great mod pzjager. Best Eastern Front mod so far. Thanks! Smile

#21:  Author: Rek PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:30 am
    —
Thanks pzjager Smile

#22:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:02 am
    —
Hey i have tested it and it is VERY FANTASTIC!!!!
Thx PzJager! I love this mods!!!

Do you have any new modplans for the future? Smile

#23:  Author: RaynorLocation: Russia PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 am
    —
Excellent graphics, sound and maps, thanks again!

Well, some errdata after first battle :)
T-34-76 crew is 5 in mod, must be 4.
Shtrafniki is penal team, but why so low experience/moral? They was not green and not coward usually, they even was well equipment ;)... they just got hard or very hard assault tasks. I think 2/2 is OK for such penal teams :)

PS Sorry, must going to push 6A to more troubles.

#24:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:23 am
    —
Just fought a couple battles and it is going to be tough as the Germans.....

Bit of feedback for you;

- 10.5cm LeFH18 when zoomed out has a mortar icon
- Some buildings leave lines on a map when going in and out of them. Mafi's 5CC has a menu choice to fix the problem which is due to a bug in Groof2.exe.

Thanks again!

#25:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:51 am
    —
Tejszd wrote:

- Some buildings leave lines on a map when going in and out of them. Mafi's 5CC has a menu choice to fix the problem which is due to a bug in Groof2.exe.

Thanks again!

Fantastic, Tejszd, can you be a little more precise? In what menu?

Many thanks for the feedback
PJ

#26:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:56 am
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:
Hey i have tested it and it is VERY FANTASTIC!!!!
Thx PzJager! I love this mods!!!

Do you have any new modplans for the future? Smile

Hi, Thanks for your comments. It is always nice to read this kind of messages after monthes and monthes of hard development. This is the best reward I can get!

In the nearest future, the plan is to upgrade SDK to the SOC standards, together with a submod which will figure the desperate fights of several kampfgruppen between Don and Tschir between november 19th and beginning of December. On 20 maps including 2 new ones.

Cheers
PJ

#27:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:02 am
    —
dgfred wrote:

Hi,

If you are a reasonably veteran player, I suggest that you play as german line against Russian Recruit.
For the settings, I would STRONGLY recommend:

- Always see the enemy: No for both sides. It is the most ridiculous CC setting
- Never act on initiative: Yes for both sides
-Full enemy info: yes for the Russians
- Always obey orders: NO for both sides. This is the essence of CC!!

If you want the russians, then play at least as a hero against german recruit, but... too easy. For historical reasons

Cheers
PJ

#28:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:03 am
    —
dgfred wrote:

Hi,

If you are a reasonably veteran player, I suggest that you play as german line against Russian Recruit.

If you want the russians, then play at least as a hero against german recruit, but... too easy. For historical reasons

Cheers
PJ

#29:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:10 am
    —
Raynor wrote:
Excellent graphics, sound and maps, thanks again!

Well, some errdata after first battle Smile
T-34-76 crew is 5 in mod, must be 4.
Shtrafniki is penal team, but why so low experience/moral? They was not green and not coward usually, they even was well equipment Wink... they just got hard or very hard assault tasks. I think 2/2 is OK for such penal teams Smile

PS Sorry, must going to push 6A to more troubles.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Regarding the T-34, I am aware that the crew was 4. I put 5 to make the tank more mobile on the snow. It doesn't have any other influence on the game.
2) Strafniki.... In my mind, these guys were sent in first line because they had been condamned previously for various reasons (for instance, having been made prisoner by the germans) and the mortality was very high. I agree that I could have raised the experience to 2 or 3. The only (!!!) problem is that CC calculate the morale taking the experience!!!!!!!! Look for instance at the german ZFG, they are coded as well as quite low experience, because coding them with high experience would push automatically the morale to the top....

So, I agree with you, but CC is not perfect and you have to make with.

Cheers, and have fun even with this!

PJ

#30:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 am
    —
Hi pzjager

sorry my english isn´t so good! What do you mean with "On 20 maps including 2 new ones"? Will the submod be a new mod with these 20 or 2 new maps or an graphic and data upgrade for SDK?

SOC is very hard to fight! Smile I like this! is it possible to win this battle? I can´t believe it if i see the russian forces Smile

#31:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:47 am
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:
Hi pzjager

sorry my english isn´t so good! What do you mean with "On 20 maps including 2 new ones"? Will the submod be a new mod with these 20 or 2 new maps or an graphic and data upgrade for SDK?

SOC is very hard to fight! Smile I like this! is it possible to win this battle? I can´t believe it if i see the russian forces Smile

Hi,

I understand what you mean... I believe MY english is not good!

To be more precise,
1) SDK will be upgraded graphically etc... to v2.0 using SOC standards. This will be a "normal" mod of 44 maps and 2x27 units.
2) IN ADDITION to SDK v2.0, there will be included a submod -a sort of large pocket mod if you prefer- on a different stratmap of 20 maps instead of 44, with 8 german kampfgruppen fighting against around 10 russian units.
A small mod, based on improved SDK

Cheers
PJ

#32:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:56 am
    —
hm ...

SDK V.2.0 will use the original maps and stratscreen of V.1.0 and the submod will have 20 new maps and a new stratscreen. Is that right?

Do you have Ideas for the battle of the submod and which units will be includet?

sorry but are you german? Smile

#33:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:35 am
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:
hm ...

SDK V.2.0 will use the original maps and stratscreen of V.1.0 and the submod will have 20 new maps and a new stratscreen. Is that right?

Do you have Ideas for the battle of the submod and which units will be includet?

sorry but are you german? Smile

SDK will have a new 3D like Stratmap with graphics based on the one I have made for SOC.

The maps will be the ones of SDK, some possibly upgraded or even new...

The submod will have 18 SDK maps plus 2 new ones

The submod will have of course a new stratmap, but also a new mainscreen etc....

The battles will be the historical battles/ops/camapigns in the area between Don and Tschir between end of november and beginning of december 1942.

The axis units will be 1 rom div in Serafimovitch, 1 german in Ostrovski, 1 german in Osinkij, and units taken from the following Gruppen/kampfgruppen:

- KG Simons (certainly the II./Pzjâger Abtl 611)
-KG Lepper
- KG Goebel
- KG Mikosch
- PzRgt 204 of Gruppe Hollidt
- Rgt1. Care de Lupta of Gruppe Hollidt
- KG Sauerbruch

So, it will be 10 axis units.

Russian Units will be more or less all armored batallions.

Cheers
PJ

#34:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:38 am
    —
[quote="pzjager - KG Simons (certainly the II./Pzjâger Abtl 611)
-KG Lepper
- KG Goebel
- KG Mikosch
- PzRgt 204 of Gruppe Hollidt
- Rgt1. Care de Lupta of Gruppe Hollidt
- KG Sauerbruch

PJ[/quote]

I forgot, OF COURSE, the very famous Grupa Lascar (romanians) which will fight in Raspopinskaïa!

Cheers

#35:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:59 am
    —
Really nice!!! Fantastic! Smile

Some Ops or campaigns with the 371. ID are not planed right Sad

#36:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:02 pm
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:

The General Stempel Division was not fighting in the area of the submod, but will be part of SDK v2.0 "normal" mod Laughing

#37:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:02 pm
    —

#38:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:06 pm
    —
Yes i mean SDK Smile

You mean the great campaign from SDK right? So no special new ops or campaign in version 2.0 with this div or? Wink

#39:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:07 pm
    —
Yes i mean SDK Smile

You mean the great campaign from SDK right? So no special new ops or campaign in version 2.0 with this div or? Wink

#40:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:34 pm
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:
Yes i mean SDK Smile

Why not? I just have to gather documentation about the history of the division and, after, why not make an op featuring it?

I will begin some search soon and will let you know. Maybe Polemarchos could help as well

Cheers
PJ

#41:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:37 pm
    —
That will be fantastic! I hope for it Smile thx a lot!

#42:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:43 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:
dgfred wrote:

Hi,

Cheers
PJ

Well I'm a crusty veteran for sure. I might have boo-booed, I couldn't wait
to start so I went ahead and had settings:

elite/elite
moral on
15 minutes
yes for full enemy info for Russians
no for both on seeing enemy
no for both on always act on initiative
no for both on always obey orders

I have only played 5 battles, so it will not be so hard to start over if needed.

*Do you think elite/elite will cause problems?
*Do you move the 171/71 ID to Beketovka during first movement?
*Do you disband Arty Rgt3/3Mot ID after 1st round battles? No ammo/fuel.

Much fun, thanks again. Best Regards, Greg

Last edited by dgfred on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

#43:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:58 pm
    —
Just dll'd can't wait to ply it. Many thanks pzjager !!

Wittmann44 wrote:

@mochoho

Although i'm antifascist, 369th regiment was Croatian regiment attached to 100th jager division of Wermacht, which fought brave despite all odds, and in some most fierced battles, like in Red October factory. 369th was completely destroyed in Stalingrad. Only 12 men surrendered to Russians in februaury 1943, after Stalingrad has fallen. 369th was the only non German unit fighting in Stalingrad. They earned few most distinguished medals from general Sanne - knights cross 1st and 2nd order.

Respect

M

#44:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:00 pm
    —
[quote="dgfred
Well I'm a crusty veteran for sure. I might have boo-booed, I couldn't wait
to start so I went ahead and had settings:

elite/elite
moral on
15 minutes
yes for full enemy info for Russians
no for both on seeing enemy
no for both on always act on initiative
no for both on always obey orders

I have only played 5 battles, so it will not be so hard to start over if needed.

*Do you think elite/elite will cause problems?
*Do you move the 171/71 ID to Beketovka during first movement?
*Do you disband Arty Rgt3/3Mot ID after 1st round battles? No ammo/fuel.

Much fun, thanks again. Best Regards, Greg[/quote]

Hi Greg,

Your settings are nice as well. I would suggest you continue your campaign with them. To be honest with you, I personaly play as Recruit/Recruit! It is good as well.
171/71: LEAVE IT in Studonga Jablonotschka. If you go to Beketovka, you will play the battle on a small square against a rough armored russian brigade.... Forget it. Beketovka is just a bridgehead in SOC.
Regarding the 3/3, it is up to you. I have personaly disbanded it the 2nd day afternoon. It was a quite nice idea because my 3/3 reappeared in the center of the Kessel and is now my "Firemen Division". I can't tell you that you need it, in addition to your Flak div and the 79th.... Forget the Rum Cavalry for now....

Happy that you have fun. I have made SOC also for this kind of strategic discussions and choices....

Cheers
PJ

#45:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:11 pm
    —
mochoho wrote:

Wittmann44 wrote:

@mochoho

Although i'm antifascist, 369th regiment was Croatian regiment attached to 100th jager division of Wermacht, which fought brave despite all odds, and in some most fierced battles, like in Red October factory. 369th was completely destroyed in Stalingrad. Only 12 men surrendered to Russians in februaury 1943, after Stalingrad has fallen. 369th was the only non German unit fighting in Stalingrad. They earned few most distinguished medals from general Sanne - knights cross 1st and 2nd order.

Respect

M

Hi Fiend,

First of all, I believe that we are all antifascist here! That's not a reason not to be interested by the WW2 by the german side. And to recognise the fantastic bravery of the 6th army after the november 19th. The fought for a bad thing, but, as you say, respect.

Just a comment regarding the croat. rgt 369. The historians do not all agree on this fact, but it is widely accepted that the regiment was disbanded EVEN BEFORE november 19th and Uranus, and the surviving Croatians then split (Split: for Croatians!!) betwen the 212/79 (that's why they are there in SDK and SOC) and the 100 Jäger.

In SOC, you have croatians in both units. Maybe overnumbered in regard to the historical reality, but it is just a mod....

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#46:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:14 pm
    —
OK thanks pzjager.

I'll just leave it on elite/elite and may disband the 3/3. Hope they return.

I did move the 171 Regt to Beketovka, but I may surrender the map as soon
as possible. I may try to hold at least 1 turn just because I'm stubborn. I have seldom disbanded units in the past... what exactly happens to the unit
when you do that? Wow, those Russians really move on you... quite surprising especially the first battle. Since I've only played a few of the maps
before and these are my first real trys with snow condition, it will take me a few days to figure out what I want to hold and which maps that may be too tough. It is amazing to me to see that your 'Kurgan' screenshot looks exactly like my results.

Regards, Greg

#47:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 pm
    —
dgfred wrote:
OK thanks pzjager.

I'll just leave it on elite/elite and may disband the 3/3. Hope they return.

I did move the 171 Regt to Beketovka, but I may surrender the map as soon
as possible. I may try to hold at least 1 turn just because I'm stubborn. I have seldom disbanded units in the past... what exactly happens to the unit
when you do that? Wow, those Russians really move on you... quite surprising especially the first battle. Since I've only played a few of the maps
before and these are my first real trys with snow condition, it will take me a few days to figure out what I want to hold and which maps that may be too tough. It is amazing to me to see that your 'Kurgan' screenshot looks exactly like my results.

Regards, Greg

Hi Greg,

Your 3/3 will reappear on the following morning in... Stalingradski I believe, or close to this town, I don't remember. When it will be back on tracks, use it as your firemen division. You will need it.

In Kurgan, we are in the same situation, yes, but I am already on the 14th on my curent GC.... YEAH

Have fun and don't desperate. CC has been looking for a tough game for a time.. Maybe CC has it now.

Cheers
PJ

#48:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:01 pm
    —
@pzjager

do you get my PM?

#49:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:24 pm
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:
@pzjager

do you get my PM?

Yes,

I will answer you tomorrow

Cheers
PJ

#50:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:06 pm
    —
Hi Pzjager,

I installed the h2h submod, but I don't see a difference. I thought perhaps it would give the Germans full supply so as to even up the playing field h2h?

#51:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:12 am
    —
Hey PJ, great job. I've fought several battles now vs AI and Pzt_Mac and I are ramping up to fight h2h. Have you developed a strat map yet that shows the movement paths between maps yet? I was hoping to have one available for my fight vs Pzt_Mac and if its not available then I'll work on creating a basic one..

#52:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:57 am
    —
Simply awesome! This will keep me occupied for months!
I'ma also busy 'studying' what you've done with the data and map coding...the AI is tough!! We need to find the secret ingredients to make all mods this challenging for single player games...

We need more East Front mods from you, PJ...don't just stop after SDK and SOC...how about 3rd Kharkov maybe? Please, please... Wink

#53:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:36 am
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:
@pzjager

do you get my PM?

Yes, I will answer today

PJ

#54:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:42 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
how about 3rd Kharkov maybe? Please, please... Wink

Hi,

3rd Kharkov is OBVIOUSLY a potential killer mod to do.

Two problems, however:

- Since it would be totally new, it is an other 2 years work
- The battle of Kharkov 3 is separated in two very different phases: the russian initial assault, then the SS Panzer Corps counterattack. Both can not be figured in the same 25 days mod and 44 maps. Too large. I believe the Manstein's counterattack might be the best to do. With Tigers!

Cheers and have fun
PJ

#55:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:43 am
    —
Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:
Hey PJ, great job. I've fought several battles now vs AI and Pzt_Mac and I are ramping up to fight h2h. Have you developed a strat map yet that shows the movement paths between maps yet? I was hoping to have one available for my fight vs Pzt_Mac and if its not available then I'll work on creating a basic one..

Hi,

Unfortunately no. But as you say you can create a basic one quite fast and easily.

Cheers
PJ

#56:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:47 am
    —
Pzt_Mac wrote:
Hi Pzjager,

I installed the h2h submod, but I don't see a difference. I thought perhaps it would give the Germans full supply so as to even up the playing field h2h?

Hi,

THere are a lot of differences! In H2H, the russian teams are much smaller (max.7 or 8 instead of 10), the teams are coded differently (russian Maxims go in buildings for instance) etc...

Giving more ammo to the Germans? NO. This would be totally incorrect historically. This poor ammo situation of the germans is the base of the mod.

Cheers
PJ

#57:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:05 am
    —
pzjager wrote:
Tejszd wrote:

Thanks again!

PJ

In 5CC you will need to open a map that is leaving lines beside a building after the entering and exiting building. Then go to the menu "Actions" / "Roof Actions" / "Shift All Roof Vertices One Pixel To The Left" then you can go to "File" / "Save". Start CC to test the map and then copy the updated .rfm file into your map archive directory or zip file.

#58:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:10 am
    —
Tejszd wrote:
pzjager wrote:
Tejszd wrote:

Thanks again!

PJ

In 5CC you will need to open a map that is leaving lines beside a building after the entering and exiting building. Then go to the menu "Actions" / "Roof Actions" / "Shift All Roof Vertices One Pixel To The Left" then you can go to "File" / "Save". Start CC to test the map and then copy the updated .rfm file into your map archive directory or zip file.

MANY MANY thanks! That's a bug which made me nervous for such a long time!

Cheers
PJ

#59:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:07 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:
how about 3rd Kharkov maybe? Please, please... Wink

Hi,

3rd Kharkov is OBVIOUSLY a potential killer mod to do.

Two problems, however:

- Since it would be totally new, it is an other 2 years work
- The battle of Kharkov 3 is separated in two very different phases: the russian initial assault, then the SS Panzer Corps counterattack. Both can not be figured in the same 25 days mod and 44 maps. Too large. I believe the Manstein's counterattack might be the best to do. With Tigers!

Cheers and have fun
PJ

Was the mod 3rd Battle of Kharkov a lot of month in work and now canceled?
You can use the data from this projekt if it is possible or? Smile

But the counterattack is a great part too! TIGERS on the ostfront! Smile I think it will be the first easternfront mod with tigers for CC5 right?

#60:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 pm
    —
wrong

Battle of Berlin has them already Razz

#61:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:45 pm
    —
yes but only a few and in BoB it is impossible to start a counterattack Smile

#62:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:41 pm
    —
Thanks pzjager, a very very good mod. It's very fun on MP. We've played about half of the maps of the first days battles, all maps are excellent quality.

#63:  Author: _arthas_Location: Rijeka, Croatia PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:31 pm
    —
Hi there
First, i must say, grat job with that mod! I like it already, though i played only firs battle so far hehe
Im playin this CC since CC2 came out, i think somewher in '97 if im not wrong, and its still the greatest ww2 strategy game for me.
Keep up the good work man :ok2

And, just a little comment, nothing to worry about... i noticed that u named a croatian unit SRIJELACI... it should be STRIJELCI for plural, singular iz strijelac (rifleman), so its not strijelaci, but strijelci (riflemen). Just a little grammar correction. Sorry i just have to notice that.

I know i am going to have great fun with this mod.

Cheers Smile

#64:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:41 pm
    —
Hm is the intro now ready for download anywhere? I love this video and want it in my SOC Smile

#65:  Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:23 am
    —
i have been following this forum and site for a pretty long time. but i think this is my first post??

anyways, i have played Stalingrad, SDK and now this!

these mods are just plain awesome

now operation circle is pretty darn good. those russian infantry really attacks and rushes the germans. man...they dont stand a chance.

there is one questions though. I was just starting to play the campaign, but for some reason a T26 was able to immobilize and take out my Panzer IV F2 from a frontal/side angle Sad is that suppose to be like that? I thought the T26 was a very early war light tank and had a horrible gun. Also russian used poor ammunition. My panzer IV's 75mm L43 only immobilized the T26 with a side shot!!!!!!! Sad I think the ~100mm penetration of the 75mmL/43 can go through the little T26, shouldn't be a kill if hit?

thanks for making such a great mod!!

mike

#66:  Author: MörserCarlLocation: Tokyo PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:04 am
    —
I wonder why I get this below message when I try to DL... any ideas?

"Access forbidden or authentication method not supported"

#67:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:11 am
    —
_arthas_ wrote:
Hi there
First, i must say, grat job with that mod! I like it already, though i played only firs battle so far hehe
Im playin this CC since CC2 came out, i think somewher in '97 if im not wrong, and its still the greatest ww2 strategy game for me.
Keep up the good work man :ok2

And, just a little comment, nothing to worry about... i noticed that u named a croatian unit SRIJELACI... it should be STRIJELCI for plural, singular iz strijelac (rifleman), so its not strijelaci, but strijelci (riflemen). Just a little grammar correction. Sorry i just have to notice that.

I know i am going to have great fun with this mod.

Cheers Smile

Many thanks! I will make the correction for the v1.1 version

Cheers
PJ

#68:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 am
    —
sargexmy wrote:
i have been following this forum and site for a pretty long time. but i think this is my first post??

now operation circle is pretty darn good. those russian infantry really attacks and rushes the germans. man...they dont stand a chance.

there is one questions though. I was just starting to play the campaign, but for some reason a T26 was able to immobilize and take out my Panzer IV F2 from a frontal/side angle Sad is that suppose to be like that? I thought the T26 was a very early war light tank and had a horrible gun. Also russian used poor ammunition. My panzer IV's 75mm L43 only immobilized the T26 with a side shot!!!!!!! Sad I think the ~100mm penetration of the 75mmL/43 can go through the little T26, shouldn't be a kill if hit?

mike

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding your PV IVF2, it can be immobilised by ANY light tank if for instance it had been shot in the wheels... It won't be destroyed because the gun of the T26 is a weak one, but immobilised... yes. In addition,don't forget that the PIV was not so strongly armored except for the strictly frontal side.
Generally speaking, CC engine is made so that every shot does not necesseraly destroy the target even if the armor is weaker than the shell. There is an incertitude....and I believe it is nice! Anyway, shoot a second time to the T26 and I am sure it will destrot it.

Cheers
PJ

#69:  Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:28 am
    —
only if i was the gunner...
my panzer iv f2 got destroyed by the 2nd shot from T26, while its own gunner missed ....... Sad

there is no handicap to the german guns and their ammo penetrations is there??
or a bonus to russian gun accuracy or ammo strength against german armor?

#70:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:04 am
    —
sargexmy wrote:
only if i was the gunner...
my panzer iv f2 got destroyed by the 2nd shot from T26, while its own gunner missed ....... Sad

there is no handicap to the german guns and their ammo penetrations is there??
or a bonus to russian gun accuracy or ammo strength against german armor?

Hi,

Historically, the aiming system of the russaian guns was much inferior to the german one... at least in 1942. So, in SOC, the russian guns are less accurate than the germans

Russian tanks were better armored.

Cheers
PJ

#71:  Author: woodtip61 PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:14 pm
    —
Thanks Pzjager for your time creating these mods for all of us. SDK is an incredible piece of work and I have been eagerly waiting for SOC.

Thanks again!

Woodtip

:drink2

#72:  Author: _arthas_Location: Rijeka, Croatia PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:59 pm
    —
yup, realy great mod! germans are outnumbered and dont have ammo for normal ranged fights. this is a real close combat. its the first time i have to apply completly new tactics, ambush and wait for russians to come to 20m or even closer to destroy them and then quickly scavange for their guns and ammo. and thats how ull start wining battles...
and yes, russians are rushing, and that realy looks scarry haha, when u see 20-30 men running toward your mg post, plus some armour waiting from behind...
realy nice man Smile

#73:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:50 pm
    —
@pzjager

why do the russians get after the begin of the campaign no new divisions? Is this the plan or a bug? I think after breaking the german lines the russians can´t split the kessel in two peaces because they haven´t no other divisions to clear the kessel and the german HQs right?

#74: SOC initial impressions Author: Miker1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:30 pm
    —
I've played about 4 battles now and have to say that I will need to change tactics. You really have to keep your powder dry in this one. The Axis are easy to suppress and wipe out and the shortage of ammo is very noticable. I really liked Der Kessel and I thought that was hard. This mod, SOC, seems so good that you don't want to play it if you understand what I'm saying. Who wants to be surrounded and crushed - ha! Well for those seeking a challenge, this fits the bill. You have really put together another great mod. Der Kessel was my favorite and now who knows? Great job.

#75:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:38 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:
mochoho wrote:

Wittmann44 wrote:

@mochoho

Respect

M

Hi Fiend,

First of all, I believe that we are all antifascist here! That's not a reason not to be interested by the WW2 by the german side. And to recognise the fantastic bravery of the 6th army after the november 19th. The fought for a bad thing, but, as you say, respect.

Just a comment regarding the croat. rgt 369. The historians do not all agree on this fact, but it is widely accepted that the regiment was disbanded EVEN BEFORE november 19th and Uranus, and the surviving Croatians then split (Split: for Croatians!!) betwen the 212/79 (that's why they are there in SDK and SOC) and the 100 Jäger.

In SOC, you have croatians in both units. Maybe overnumbered in regard to the historical reality, but it is just a mod....

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Thanks pzjager, here's a link about 369th warpath http://www.feldgrau.com/articles.php?ID=13 it says something about 227th regiment, but probably because of the confusing times and chaos ruling it is possible that some of the documents are lost.

Cheers Pzjager and great mod is upon us

Respect Wink

#76:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:13 pm
    —
[quote="Wittmann44why do the russians get after the begin of the campaign no new divisions? [/quote]

They have! 3 new divisions will appear after the 12th (or even 4, I don't remember exactly).

Cheers
PJ

#77:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:19 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:
[quote="Wittmann44why do the russians get after the begin of the campaign no new divisions?

They have! 3 new divisions will appear after the 12th (or even 4, I don't remember exactly).

Cheers
PJ[/quote]

after the 12th? Hm I have clicked on the stratscreen as russian to the enddate but I have only russian divisions at the first day. No new divisions after that. The german have three after the first day I think. Or do I something wrong?

#78:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:01 pm
    —
You can't see them on from the strat screen if you are currently sitting on all of the Supply Depots. Check the scenario editor and you'll see that there are more Russian BG's that come on later days. Like PJ said, there are 3-4 more that come in.

#79:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:37 pm
    —
Ah OK sorry my fault Wink

thx for help

#80:  Author: Pzt_dragoon47Location: Hayward, CA, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:58 am
    —
sargexmy wrote:

mike

Keep in mind that it is not the size of the round that matters. What I mean is that there are other factors, like wind, velocity, angle bearing, distance, and most of all.....LUCK! Many battles have been won by luck, in fact, far more than ones won by skill, or a mixture. You also have to factor in the wear and tear on the tanks, and what they've been through. But that's more of a real world thing we learned in military engineering.
And not every penetration is a kill, remember that. It could have only sent shrapnel into the interior, leaving some alive.
And if you thought the Russians used poor ammuntition, you should look up Russian ammunition, it was a war crime in itself. Russian infantry used explosive rounds in their rifles in the Karelian campaign so they could "mark their targets."

#81:  Author: Icewarp PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:03 pm
    —
Hi,

Just a doubt: When I get the Nebelwerfer42 für SdKfz4, it only fires one time and stay reloading, but do not fire anymore. Is it normal?

Thx for such a great mod!

#82:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:03 pm
    —
Icewarp wrote:
Hi,

Just a doubt: When I get the Nebelwerfer42 für SdKfz4, it only fires one time and stay reloading, but do not fire anymore. Is it normal?

Thx for such a great mod!

The reload time is around 12 minutes. You can fire 2 times if your first fire is within the 3 first minutes

PJ

#83:  Author: Icewarp PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:46 pm
    —
Thank you Very Happy
Is there any place where we can check reload times? There is an infantry rocket that takes time to reload too.

#84:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:22 pm
    —
Hey pzjager,
I have completed the 1st Rd turn on Day 1. I have held all the maps, even
Beketovka but 3 units are out of supply. One was a mistake by me, the other two were just amazing attacks by the Russian AI.
Pionere Bat 176- Malo Rossochka
GR Regt 120- Iljovinskaia
Arty Regt 3- Marinovka

I have 2 Russian units out of supply and one way low.

Do you have any suggestions for Rd 2 movement?

Cheers, Greg

#85:  Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm
    —
@Pzt_dragoon47
HAHA yeah, like i said, if only i were the gunner...

anyways, what i found interesting, and kind of annoying is that the "SAVING AMMO" status. since the germans get very little ammo, this is triggered quiet alot.

For example, two russian full inf. teams are rushing a flag defended by a Platoon leader and a panzerknacker unit. well, there is a nice Panzer IV turret there too, with like 5 HE rounds. So while his comrades are getting wiped OUT, the stupid Panzer IV turret refused to fire its HE rounds when the damn russian INF are rushing. Also the MG would not fire, b/c it is "ASSISTING"; of course, the gunner is "SAVING AMMO"

I think it would be better to fire those HE rounds since the enemy is so closed and bunched up to inflict more damage right??

is there any way to remove this "Saving AMMO" limitation? since Germans start with so little ammo, it is very easily triggered, and resulted destruction of two of my teams with out much damage to the rushing russian infantry Sad

mike

#86:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:37 pm
    —
Haha, I've had that problem several times too. In one of the instances I mentioned earlier about amazing AI attacks: A Russian infantry unit went
through a pionere, PAK40, command squad and grenedere squad to continue- while under PZIII fire to capture a vital VL (Tatar's Wall-Iljo.) and
deny my battalion supply Shocked . The unit was down to 2 men and after capturing the VL, the PZIII guned them down... but time ran out. Man, was I pissed. I've been saving my good units and using alot of weak units the
first Rd battles, so their performance under fire has left much to be desired,
but I guess that is the trade off for saving the top units. Casualties have been very high so I'll see if I would have been better off with the good
units instead.

#87:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:17 am
    —
The "Saving Ammo" mode makes battles more frantic...you have to micro manage these low ammo units...order them to fire manually. If you want the to fire again...order them manually again. Don't be lazy! Very Happy Very Happy

#88:  Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:08 am
    —
oh i did.
i re plot the orders to fire multiple times.
however, unlike mortars, which if you plot the order again, they will stop saving ammo and fire...
the panzer iv turret, and i assume all guns, still refuse to fire even when the enemy is like on top of them,
which then they can't fire anymore b/c ofthe short range Sad

Also, it tried to see if can give Germans more ammo. but it seems like pzjager coded the maximum ammo for these guns to be very low instead of using the low supply setting in the "create a scenario" place.

b/c when i tried to edit the grand campaign, the germans are already at "full supply"

#89:  Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:10 am
    —
Try to lower the number on the last column of GETeams.adb file using Qclone.

#90:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:28 am
    —
dgfred wrote:
Hey pzjager,
I have completed the 1st Rd turn on Day 1. I have held all the maps, even
Beketovka but 3 units are out of supply. One was a mistake by me, the other two were just amazing attacks by the Russian AI.
Pionere Bat 176- Malo Rossochka
GR Regt 120- Iljovinskaia
Arty Regt 3- Marinovka

I have 2 Russian units out of supply and one way low.

Do you have any suggestions for Rd 2 movement?

Cheers, Greg

Hi,

If you feel confortable enough to hold the terrain two turns (1 day) more, and if your unit in Marinovka is not in a too desperate condition, you can try to hold it in Marinovka, then disband it in two turns so that it wille reappear in Goroditsche. When it will reappear, you will be free to use it as your "firemenn" unit within the Kessel and send it on the areas of the front when the situation is the most difficult.

I see that you are ready to loose Malo Rossochka.. as well as me. The russian unit here is strong and agressive, and as weel as you, I have been rapidly out of supply, then destroyed.... This damned soviet unit is now in Bolsche Rossochka where I am fighting hard with my 212/79 to hold the terrain. The situation is very difficult an other time. Fortunately this russian unit is uncircled by my 3rd (mot) unit (the one I disbanded and reappeared in Goroditsche) and my FlaK division that I take from Pitomnik. So, dangerous, but immobilised for the moment... JUst hope that the 79 will hold some time more...

If you are on the way to loose Iljovinskaïa (surprised to see that: the map is large and, normally, the enemy takes some time to keep the flag to the center of the Kessel (Kasialinsk, if I remember well), then I would say that your situation is far from being good! Try to hold the terrain and try to send a "firemen" unit to stop the enemy advance (You should still have the romanian cavalry div somewhere...). That's all you can do, I fea..

Good luck

Cheers
PJ

#91:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:30 am
    —
sargexmy wrote:
@Pzt_dragoon47
HAHA yeah, like i said, if only i were the gunner...

anyways, what i found interesting, and kind of annoying is that the "SAVING AMMO" status. since the germans get very little ammo, this is triggered quiet alot.

For example, two russian full inf. teams are rushing a flag defended by a Platoon leader and a panzerknacker unit. well, there is a nice Panzer IV turret there too, with like 5 HE rounds. So while his comrades are getting wiped OUT, the stupid Panzer IV turret refused to fire its HE rounds when the damn russian INF are rushing. Also the MG would not fire, b/c it is "ASSISTING"; of course, the gunner is "SAVING AMMO"

I think it would be better to fire those HE rounds since the enemy is so closed and bunched up to inflict more damage right??

is there any way to remove this "Saving AMMO" limitation? since Germans start with so little ammo, it is very easily triggered, and resulted destruction of two of my teams with out much damage to the rushing russian infantry Sad

mike

Hi,

That's something I could do, but only with the tanks and guns, I believe... If I do that with the soldiers as well, the game will loose a lot.

What do the other players thainK?

Regards
PJ

#92:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 am
    —
Icewarp wrote:
Thank you Very Happy
Is there any place where we can check reload times? There is an infantry rocket that takes time to reload too.

HI,

What do ou mean by an "infantry rocket"?

There isn't any special place, but I can tell you that Nebelwerfer is around 12 minutes, the FO about 7 minutes, the Katyusha's 82 quite fast as well, and the 132 Kats close to 12 minutes as well.

Cheers
PJ

#93:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 am
    —
sargexmy wrote:
Also, it tried to see if can give Germans more ammo. but it seems like pzjager coded the maximum ammo for these guns to be very low instead of using the low supply setting in the "create a scenario" place.

b/c when i tried to edit the grand campaign, the germans are already at "full supply"

Hi, CERTAINLY DON't TRY TO GIVE MORE AMMO TO THE GERMANS!!!! IT WOULD BE AN ABSOLUTE NONSENCE AND PUT OUT ANY INTEREST AND HISTORICAL ACCURACY OF THE MOD

Historiccally, on january 10th, germans had more or less 30% (maximum!) of their normal ammo. In SOC, it is 30 to 35, depending on the units. It is totally playable provided you change your fighting habits!!! Don't waste your ammo! Let the russian progress and shoot them at close range! This is what is new and interesting in the mod.

If you don't like it, play another mod!

But once again, SOC with more ammo would not be SOC any longer.

Cheers
PJ

P.S. Yes, the GC is settled with 100% ammo to the germans simply because..... the low ammo settling does not work in CC!!!!!!! Try to organise a GC with low or no ammo on the stock game and you will see... So, the only way to mimic the reality was for me to make it full ammo in the scenario editor, but lower a lot in the datas.

P.S.2. Don't desperate. Just change you r way of playing and you will know this fantastic moment when you have 20 russians charging, while asking to your soldiers to retain their fire until the last minute! Broooouuhhhh, I like it!

#94:  Author: _arthas_Location: Rijeka, Croatia PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:43 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:

It is totally playable provided you change your fighting habits!!! Don't waste your ammo! Let the russian progress and shoot them at close range! This is what is new and interesting in the mod.

But once again, SOC with more ammo would not be SOC any longer.

Yeah, thats exactly what u should do, dont waste ammo. Im playing with no time limit and no moral limit, just with taking all VL-s with 2 mins warrning... and yes, sometimes a battle is taking more than an hour, even two.. but i like it that way, its just like playing chess, and im wining every battle with germans.. mod is just great as it is. EVERY SINGLE BULLET COUNTS.

The only thing that is frustrating is that bs of pathfinidg for wehicles, but its the game engine to blame only.

For those that have "saving ammo" problems, someone said earlier not to be lazy, click, play, u are the commander after all... but if u realy want for your tank to fire all of his shells, just do this: when u see a gunner displaying saving ammo, just put a wehicle or gun to ambush. when u c a gunner turned from saving ammo to green "ambushing", just click fire on enemy unit u want them to fire at.. and they will fire. repete these steps untill they left with no ammo hehe.

pzjager, thx man for this great mod, u got me realy inspired to make a great mod like that. i was planing this 10 years ago, with CC2, but i didnt have enough resorces on the internet to do a historicaly correct battles, now i found them and soon i will start making something. Im going to try to create a last battles of the german 97.th corps and parts of the yugoslav 4th army in "Battle for Rijeka", something like that Very Happy

cheers

#95:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:30 pm
    —
Thanks for the ideas pzjager. I decided to disband the 3 arti at the start of
Rd 2 and try to recapture supply roads in Malo Rossochka and Iljovinskaia. So
far Rd 2 has been very successful- disbanded Russian BG in Novo Rogatschik,
and re-captured supply road in Malo Rossochka (hoorah). The road in Iljo shouldn't be too difficult because the Russians just sent one infantry squad
(through 3 or 4 of my units) to gain the Tatar Wall VL, I feel confident that
I can re-capture it, as long as I have enough ammo to do the job. I also
dropped back a couple of units from the west- 14PZ and PZAbwehr Abtl 53
and a few in the northwest, so I should be ok. Casualties are increasing for the Russians as I become more familier with the maps and bring some of my better units into play. I've completed 5 battles in Rd 2 (day 1), my next one
is in Jelchi with the 20th Romanians. Cheers, Greg

#96:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm
    —
All is well, both Malo Rossochka and Iljovinskaia units are back in supply :Cool .
After 8th battle of Rd 2 (day 1) casualties are mounting for the Russians and
my defense is pretty solid, all units are in supply. Thanks for the fun pzjager.

*next game I may put a 'no 1st Rd moves' self limitation on the Germans to
simulate a sort of surprise attack. I don't want the moves to confuse the
Russian AI or to prevent any later reinforcements. Still thinking about it.

#97:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:35 pm
    —
Very, very awesome Stalingrad Operation Circle mod!!! Thank you for all your efforts and talent in making this an extremely wonderful playing experience.

"I'm lovin' it!"

#98:  Author: Icewarp PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:00 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:
Icewarp wrote:
Thank you Very Happy

HI,

What do ou mean by an "infantry rocket"?

There isn't any special place, but I can tell you that Nebelwerfer is around 12 minutes, the FO about 7 minutes, the Katyusha's 82 quite fast as well, and the 132 Kats close to 12 minutes as well.

Cheers
PJ

It´s the Vorg Beobatcher wepon, 15cm sFH18.

#99:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:23 pm
    —
tripwire wrote:
Very, very awesome Stalingrad Operation Circle mod!!! Thank you for all your efforts and talent in making this an extremely wonderful playing experience.

"I'm lovin' it!"

Many Thanks. SOC is a result of 14 months of hardwork and 2 years additional experience with SOC.

Your message give me a lot of happiness

Have fun

PJ

P.S. SOC German Vetmod will be ready during 2008 and SDK v2.0 with the Submod around beginning 2009.

#100:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 pm
    —
Icewarp wrote:
It´s the Vorg Beobatcher wepon, 15cm sFH18.

Hi, Oh! I understand now! OK, It is a 15cm hevay gun, so you need some time to reload!

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#101:  Author: Icewarp PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:55 am
    —
Thank you once again, I can´t stop playing it Very Happy

#102:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:11 am
    —
I am really enjoying this mod. Well done.

There are two small things that I REALLY like with this mod. One, I think the medals look fantastic. Real crisp icons of them.

Second, I love the intro music to each battle. ITS AWESOME.

These are just a couple small things but they are really cool.

Last edited by Pzt_Kevin_dtn on Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

#103:  Author: kukov PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:40 pm
    —
was looking forward to carrying on the struggle in SOC, very good mod nice to see people still taking there time to produce a mod which is of high quality.

going to be very hard tho. 400 rounds of ammo for mg34 lol you have to wait till the russians are on top of you so you dont waste ammo. What i like about this mod is the fact that you have pull your units back alot of the time quite realistic desperate fight if played as the germans.

Tanks are better aswell ie scale

cheers

#104:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:07 pm
    —
I have to agree with Kevin, the music at the start of this mod is fantastic (among other things). Very Happy

#105:  Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 pm
    —
A great mod! Very inspirative, many new ideas. Thanx for that!

#106: .. Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:30 am
    —
i have been testing this mod for some 4/6 weeks ahead of release, and since release, a constant 1/2 hours a day,longer weekends, my eyes are sore from the frost bite, my fingers numb from the icecicles banding on bare bone,and my feet...well blackish from sittin on me ass!....oh i exadurate...burp...

but its an addictive mod, i like to play 1 mod at a time, last was TRSM,before that stalingrad with gjs in between for reference/consistancy/.

but just when i think i understand the game, something is thrown in my face i didnt expect,like this week(again) russians snuck to within 50m of a HMG34 in open snow! wow my guys must of been sinkin some snaps!(burp...) and i had time to loosen off 100rds before the grenades came flyin in! in this case russians 10kia,germans 1 kia,1 wia.

and the guns, even after a few shots fired from ATG's u still cant spot them, UNLIKE GJS,more like TRSM, u have to really follow tracer/smoke/sound.

awsome fun!!

apart from ATG's its 2:1 killing, i still dont think its enough!

#107:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:05 pm
    —
Nice fighting Tack :Cool . I haven't got as far as you have but my casualties look to be very similar.
I have lost Baburkin, but I still have battles in Bekatovka, Petsochanka and
Jelchi. I got hit hard by the Russian Tank BGs, but I moved other units behind them into Borodkin and Voroschilov to cut off their supply. First battle was tough, maybe no supply will take some of the punch out of those
BGs. It seems that my ATG and Armor may take out a Russian tank, then
all hell seems to rain down on them, not to mention if you miss the first shot Shocked .

When you have some time could you give us some of your strat-map stategy and movement? Have you disbanded any units? Did you withdraw
any units 1st turn? Are you running out of troops/tanks in your BGs? Where
did you send your reinforcements? Cheers, Greg

#108: mmm Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:24 am
    —
well day 1 i moved to virtually this position, only some small moves west in top east. and i swaped a BG centre top,as ruskie tanks chewed em ,5cmpaks got wasted in 20 seconds.then held with atr's.

lost no bg's yet, but 2 are useless for tanks. no atg's.

#109:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:34 pm
    —
Hi Pj

great job specially it's no boring (here happen a siege and you know CC Ai)

:ok1

#110: training Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:09 pm
    —
now im doing active training program.

in neally every BG im getting those russian 'volentire' hiltz and alarm troops trained up, IF they dont all go bezerk game 1, then i allow them all a little combat every day,always with kommanders at there rear, and within 3 days are as good as any granadier unit.

its necessary now even on turn 4 to use them all!.as good units fade away under opperrasive stalin pipes,155mm batteries, i simply must reinforce somehow!.

i need to increase my kill ratio now to survive to i think 5 to 1 not 2 to 1 lol!!! Rolling Eyes

i will survive!!!

historically i dont believe holding out would bring german reinforcements, spring/summer was best time, could germans of gotten some out? who could of punched through the 60odd batallions surrounding the germans? lots of tigers and air support...months more planning....

#111: 2000 KIA ruskies in the snow... Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:21 am
    —
2000 KIA ruskies in the snow...

but is it enough???

will i survive? 2 bg's close to 20 units left,

2 more bg's with little AT capibility.

panzers now a precious resource.

at least i have fuel and ammo supply! ill fight for my supply BG's to the end!

#112:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:47 pm
    —
What day is it Tack? Which BGs are hurting the most?

#113:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:46 am
    —
Just finished Rd1- Day 2:

G-756 KIA R-1337
G-643 WIA R-1154
G-9 Armor R-40
G-7 Vehicles R-16
G-22 Guns R-28

Not as good as Tack, but I'm getting more used to the maps and the good
ambush sites :hurt6 . I disbanded one unit during the movement phase, it
caused me to lose two extra panzers Crying or Very sad .

#114:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:38 am
    —
Hi,

My current kill ratio at the moment is about 1G for 2,5 Ru. But as time passes, I have less and less vehicles and guns remaining, so I anticipate heavier losses in the future.
I have lost yesterday Borodkin and Zybenko, the situation becomes alarming...Only good points are Voroschilov where the russian armored regiment is more or less destroyed (my kampgruppen Ludwig have made a nice job here, together with a panzerknacker with 5 tanks destroyed and a pzIVF2 with 5 as well) and Novo Rogatchik where the russians have been pushed away from the map.

Cheers
PJ

#115:  Author: sharky4u PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:23 pm
    —
I just wanted to express my sincere thanks for this mod, I have only managed to complete three of the battles in the grand campaign and so far it is flawless. I prefer to fight to the death (no time limit/ no low morale) and was impressed with the balance so far. Playins as the germans i have noticed that not only are they running out of ammo sooner but are not as effective against the enemy. The russian units are noticbley smarter, harder and larger, i really had to throw everything at them to the point my motor teams ran out of ammo and had to retake a victory location with knives.

Thank you for all your hard work, I have total respect and admiration for the whole team. Very Happy

#116: .. Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:02 pm
    —
g kia 1057, rus kia 2700.

i had to withdraw from jabinskia(damned if i know name, bottom left,the one with massive ravine forked) russian tanks and rockets devisted my stugs,mk4's and t34 captured in 2 turns.

now rotating many BGs,pulled 4 from the line,to give other bg's some experience. using alarmtruppens 2/3 in every bg available.all looks GOOD.

#117:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:56 am
    —
alarmtruppen?

What are they?

#118:  Author: sharky4u PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:09 pm
    —
As previously mentioned by other players, the game play is better than anything i have seen so far in a mod.

I am losing, I never lose like this when defensivley playing the german side.

When i posted a thanks earlier this week I put it down to better balance, less ammo or more agressive AI, but it is more than that. Last night i was actually red faced with rage and screaming orders at the screen like a crazy person because units were not firing or firing too early, just rubbish shots or for dieing without permission.

Oh my god this mod is turning me into a Nazi, i know my slow defeat is rather historical but this can't happen to me.

I demand that they win, if they do not they will be shot!

Aslo I have one question.

What is the unwritten rule on editing or even viewing the enemies force pool prior to deployment. I for one never touch what the AI decides to field against me unless it is stupid (six snipers or reserves against tanks), but in checking that the AI is not being an idiot i inadvertantly gain an insight into what they are using and plan my deployment accordingly. Is the fair, can it be justified as intelligence?

In my frustration at the inpure halfwits that are bringing shame to the glorious Reich i may be tempted to dabble with the enemies force pool. I need some peer pressure to remove the temptation.

#119:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:22 pm
    —
VonVolks wrote:
alarmtruppen?

What are they?

Emergency troops thrown together into an unit.

Sharky, I too look at the AI's forces sometimes to HELP them. Like you said
sometimes their forces don't make sense, because they are facing lots of armor or no armor. Although it is very tempting to take their Katyushas away Shocked , don't do it. The result is one of the most difficult game decisions as you have to decide to fire your AT Gun or Panzer, then suffer the rain of
the Kats- or not fire and loose the opportunity to knock out a Russian tank or
Gun. Firing a gun and missing, then seeing that part of the map go up in smoke is very frustrating to say the least. Like you also said, this mod is something special :Cool .

#120:  Author: sharky4u PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:57 pm
    —
dgfred wrote:
VonVolks wrote:
alarmtruppen?

What are they?

Emergency troops thrown together into an unit.

Sharky, I too look at the AI's forces sometimes to HELP them. Like you said
sometimes their forces don't make sense, because they are facing lots of armor or no armor. Although it is very tempting to take their Katyushas away Shocked , don't do it. The result is one of the most difficult game decisions as you have to decide to fire your AT Gun or Panzer, then suffer the rain of
the Kats- or not fire and loose the opportunity to knock out a Russian tank or
Gun. Firing a gun and missing, then seeing that part of the map go up in smoke is very frustrating to say the least. Like you also said, this mod is something special :Cool .

Thanks for the advice, I will leave the Kat’s alone!

You are spot on with that dilemma, you can guarantee that it will take two or three taps with a Pak to knock out a KV-Is at range and you can’t hold fire because the rusky horde charge at you like mad men and end up spotting the gun placement anyway. I am beginning to realise that it is going to be AT grenades and mines all the way soon, followed by sneaky reserves stealing back victory locations before the time limit runs out.
Very Happy

#121:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:35 pm
    —
I made some mistakes by withdrawing a couple of units and by exchanging
units in Red Square the first couple of movement phases. It has left a couple
of units out of supply, others had to fight hard to regain supply roads (meeting engagements) and the Russian MG Battalion in Red Square somehow moved from Red Square to Stalingradsky even though they were
out of supply and being hammered. Now I have been fighting them (with
their Heavy Arty too) in Stalingradsky with the 1st Romanian Cavalry. Maybe
I can knock them out of there but I have decided not to do those moves the next game of SOC I play. Next time = No retreat/No surrender Very Happy .

The cold, the Russian Hordes, the pain, the sickness- no ammo, no food,
little hope, the COLD............. I love it :Cool .

#122: almost same, Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:41 am
    —
I have a BG in top right of map, russians where cut from supply, i was systematically destroying KV's,T34's and rocket trucks by the dozen...then massive mistake, allowed russian inf to secure bottom VL to supply!

i lost 2 stugs, 1 mk2 76mm,pak 40,2 atr units,3 heavy inf,i damaged 1 kv, 1 t34(no main guns!!! ARGGGG) but lost all armour of mine available. disaster...

#123:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:28 pm
    —
I'm having big problems with the Russian Tank Brigade at the Grain Silo. All I
have is 2 Pak40s in the 71st Div unit to hold them back. Infantry is very tough too winning ALL the head to head battles with my units. Barely holding there Mad .

Dang it, I might not use anymore flamethrower units- I just can't get them
to perform very well. I'm used to CC2 where the flamermen are some tough
hombres and can turn a battle around on their own. Anybody got any ideas
on how to use them best? I try to get them in range to shoot their flames,
but right before they do they usually get smacked by the Russian defenders
and loose their willpower Confused .

#124:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:52 pm
    —
I'we push away russian from Novo Rogatschik but i've problem with extreme maps. Setting hero for me, recruit for Ai. First day second time. rate kill is 1:2 for tank and men.
Finally a great mod.

ps: think that in some maps russian entrance need to fix Razz

Appunti01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.81 KB
 Viewed:  14720 Time(s)

Appunti01.jpg

#125:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:18 pm
    —
Nice fighting sal Wink .

#126: ? Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:26 pm
    —
WTF russians pushed back?

yes i have Elite germans, recruite russians, 15 minutes, IF i picked best units day 1,attacked with full force, i might push russians off 50% of maps, but thats insane!

#127: soc Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:56 am
    —
soc update.

germans had to strategically move reaward from 3 maps,russian infantry and MMG's causing 1:1 casualties.

also took chance and moved to unoccupied russian maps.

rotated 6 bg's on east front.

rotated 4 bg's west.

russians up to 3000KIA,germans 1300.

noticed last round of games, casualtie ratio is slipping.every game i loose a 'key' weapon, a wharf, mk4,hmg,gun...its slow, but painfull...

atrs and mmg is giving me the royal shits, one maxim 1910 has 24 german hides... 5 germans killed in 1/2 second by atr team...while retreating.

trained alarm truppen, how good!

kurts is a russian inf killer! he bagged a t60.

#128:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:08 am
    —
salhexe wrote:
ps: think that in some maps russian entrance need to fix Razz

Hi,

For the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time:

1) CC5 has been made for Utah Beach Op
2) In Utah Beach, AI was attacking from the EAST (right) to the west (LEFT)
3) The developpers of CC5 have put in the CC5 engine something like a scan which goes from the East/right to the West/left and, prior of a new battle, orders to the AI group to attack from the FIRST entry VL available. So, from the RIGHT of the stratmap.

4) I don't have the code opf CC5, So I can't do anything.

5) THe only way of going out of this is to FORCE the AI to attack from the RIGHT/UP or RIGHT/DOWN. THat's what I did.

6) Sallhexe, you are not a moder. Before doing this kind of criticism which has been 10000000000000000000 times discusssed on all the CC forums, please just try to understand how CC5 works (CC is NOT just in the base files. Forget QClone, and TT's work, which is currently old-fashioend)

Cheers,anyway

P.S. I WILL NOT ANSWER TO THIS CC5 ISSUE ANY LONGER. IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO AVOID THE AI TEAMS TO ATTACK FROM THE EAST/RIGHT, CONTACT ME. AND GOOD LUCK!!!!

PJ

#129:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:26 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:

6) Sallhexe, you are not a moder. Before doing this kind of criticism which has been 10000000000000000000 times discusssed on all the CC forums, please just try to understand how CC5 works (CC is NOT just in the base files. Forget QClone, and TT's work, which is currently old-fashioend)

PJ

Yes i'm not modder, for the 100th time (i've tried with my limited competence to have a better mod to play) i prefer play CC, but remember that in your sdk have fixed russian entry(probably was right up or down)

greetings

#130:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:42 pm
    —
[quote="salhexe] remember that in your sdk have fixed russian entry(probably was right up or down)

greetings[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY FALSE! The issue is exactly the same in SDK. Unresolved. Half-fixed exactly the same way.

Cheers
PJ

#131:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:47 pm
    —
Awesome Tack! What day is it?

#132: ... Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:46 pm
    —
ER...SUNDAY?just had REAR treat, bacon,eggs,grilled tomato,mushrooms and pancakes with canadian mapel syrup! all served at 10am with juice!!!

oh the SOC GC... burp

um, 13th...long way to the top!

#133:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:05 am
    —
Hi,

For those of you who want to compare their GC with mine:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4503

Cheers
PJ

#134:  Author: caribaceyLocation: St Martin, Caribbean PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:02 pm
    —
Awesome mod Pzjager. Salute!

Its grand that mods are still being made for CC5.

#135:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:34 am
    —
pzjager wrote:
[quote="salhexe] remember that in your sdk have fixed russian entry(probably was right up or down)

greetings

ABSOLUTELY FALSE! The issue is exactly the same in SDK. Unresolved. Half-fixed exactly the same way.

Cheers
PJ[/quote]

I don't want polemize maybe problem with transation from our language, i know about this (from readme Sdk):
- Modified the Vertiachy VL's in order to force the Russians to attack from the north-east of the map and the Germans to defend from the south (Vertiac.btd).

- Modified the Kletskaïa VL's in order to force the Russians to attack from the north of the map and the Romanians to defend from the south (Kletsk.btd).

etc. from your explanation think was the only possibility to fix

Best regards

#136: 4k Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:58 am
    —
well im up to 4k dead ruskies.

1 bg is out of ammo,some how dumb AI sent all inf to middle, so i retook my exits,got fuel now,maybe ammo, its just holding on. down to last 12 units(all inf and 1 rocket truck whufen)very grim still, against ai should hold a few more turns. hiding is the key! they cant find, dont attack!

#137:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:18 pm
    —
Great fighting as always Tack! What day is it in the GC?

#138: 19 Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:48 am
    —
19 days to go!!

1 BG neally gone,
3 un battle hardened.
6/8 or so in reserve.

#139:  Author: Pzt-angusLocation: Shanghai , China PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:39 am
    —
It's really a great mod!
Thanks for great work pzjager! Greetings from China. Laughing

#140: 5k Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:26 am
    —
ruskies up to 5000kia.

i got a reinforcement! think its 104th,with 2cm AA weapons!
i thought i would open a un challenged supply dump, it made up for the other BG disbanded south yesterday.

putomic airport is a hassell, 2 hmgs and support weapons(120mm(8rds)105mm indirect(10 rds)wharf rocket truck(6 rds,12/13 minute reload),fore support(4 rds 155mm), a H2H would overun it in 5 minutes...i held it 4 turns,AI hay...

By ANZAC_Tack

#141:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:41 pm
    —
Thanks for the report tack :Cool .

#142:  Author: BombardierLocation: England PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:08 pm
    —
Having downloaded and played this mod over the last couple of days, I just wanted to come on and express both my thanks and congratulations to panzerjager on such a wonderful piece of work. The time and effort put into the mod I find frankly amazing, from the maps, sounds, artwork etc. to the outstanding historical accuracy.

I've just started the grand campaign and after meeting the fearsome KV-1, get a bad case of 'panzerfright' whenever one of the armoured beasts start rolling towards my positions! After I've given the mod the attention it deserves, I'll come back and update you on how long my Kessel was able to last...

Again, a big thank you to panzerjager.

Bombardier Very Happy

#143:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:37 pm
    —
Bombardier wrote:
Having downloaded and played this mod over the last couple of days, I just wanted to come on and express both my thanks and congratulations to panzerjager on such a wonderful piece of work. The time and effort put into the mod I find frankly amazing, from the maps, sounds, artwork etc. to the outstanding historical accuracy.

I've just started the grand campaign and after meeting the fearsome KV-1, get a bad case of 'panzerfright' whenever one of the armoured beasts start rolling towards my positions! After I've given the mod the attention it deserves, I'll come back and update you on how long my Kessel was able to last...

Again, a big thank you to panzerjager.

Bombardier Very Happy

Hi,

1. Happy to see that you like SOC (and SDK?)
2. Many thanks. Your message just gives me the energy to do my best for the coming mods which are SOC German Vetmod, SDK 2.0, SDKDK, Bir Hakeim and why not a lot of others?
3. Keep the comunity informed about the progress of your GC. I will do it soon myself...on January 24th!...

Last, post as many messages as you can on CCS. CC5 has never been so alive than today but needs people like you who post just when they have time.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#144:  Author: Falero PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 pm
    —
Hey, thanks for a fantastic mod pz!
I played Stalingrad and Der Kessel but this is a whole ´nother beast.
I accidently switched the russians(AI, enemy) to elite and me to recruit instead of the other way around so it´s pretty easy compared to what should had been. So I decided to play it quickly with my big forces and not lose one map.

So far so good but the enemy battlegroups seem to replenish?! I´m on the 10th round/5th day or so, and all of a sudden some enemy BG´s have new katyushas and KVs! I was under the impression that the reinforce button was disabled.

Does this mean that the enemy has an infinite supply of units? Will I continue to drain them and end up with some tens of thousands of killed in total(on both sides total)?

#145:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:11 am
    —
Falero wrote:
I accidently switched the russians(AI, enemy) to elite and me to recruit instead of the other way around so it´s pretty easy compared to what should had been. So I decided to play it quickly with my big forces and not lose one map.

So far so good but the enemy battlegroups seem to replenish?! I´m on the 10th round/5th day or so, and all of a sudden some enemy BG´s have new katyushas and KVs! I was under the impression that the reinforce button was disabled.

Does this mean that the enemy has an infinite supply of units? Will I continue to drain them and end up with some tens of thousands of killed in total(on both sides total)?

Hi,

Happy that you like it. Compared to SDK, SOC is much better realised IMO...
When you say that you have seen BG's replenishing, do you mean that these BG's had all their KV's and or Kats destroyed, and that suddenly their reappeared?? That looks strange to me as, as you say, the reinforce button is disabled in SOC!
Personaly, I did not notice anything like that when playing the game...
If you have screenshots, I would be happy to see them

Cheers
PJ

#146:  Author: Falero PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:45 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:

Hi,

When you say that you have seen BG's replenishing, do you mean that these BG's had all their KV's and or Kats destroyed, and that suddenly their reappeared?? That looks strange to me as, as you say, the reinforce button is disabled in SOC!

Cheers
PJ

Hi!

Yeah, SOC is another level of challenge, extremely enjoyable.

Yes, that´s basically what happened. I´m gonna snap some shots on the current battlegroups that are without armor now and see if it happens again.

Thanks for the fantastic mod!

Cheers

#147:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:29 pm
    —
Falero wrote:
pzjager wrote:

Hi,

Cheers
PJ

Hi!

Yeah, SOC is another level of challenge, extremely enjoyable.

Yes, that´s basically what happened. I´m gonna snap some shots on the current battlegroups that are without armor now and see if it happens again.

Thanks for the fantastic mod!

Cheers

Happy that you like it

PJ

#148:  Author: StuG155 PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:23 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:
Falero wrote:

Hi,

Cheers
PJ

Hi Pzjager, it's happening the same to me: russian BGs with only a few low level squads remaining are suddenly replenished with full stacks (first turn 14th jan).
Anyway i noticed that clicking on "revert" in the BG management page brings the situation back.
I thought it was something wanted ... as it makes the game really hard Smile

Bye

#149:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:57 pm
    —
StuG155 wrote:
pzjager wrote:
Falero wrote:

Hi,

Cheers
PJ

Hi Pzjager, it's happening the same to me: russian BGs with only a few low level squads remaining are suddenly replenished with full stacks (first turn 14th jan).
Anyway i noticed that clicking on "revert" in the BG management page brings the situation back.
I thought it was something wanted ... as it makes the game really hard Smile

Bye

No, it wasn't wanted and I personaly never noticed that!

Anyway, it is not so bad! It can render the mod more difficult and, if you don't want it, you can always click on revert when it happens.

PJ

#150:  Author: Falero PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:47 am
    —
That makes a lot of sense, I´m currently on the 6th day of fighting and approaching 11.500 KIA and Incap. Russians, about 1700 KIA and Incap Germans.
Seemed like they were infinite!

I´m about to push the ruskies off the map anyway but next time I might try the revert function, at elite level..
Embarassed

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1