Head to head basics
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Head to head basics Author: Pluskat PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 pm
    —
Apologies for taking up members' time with a very fundamental question.

I've been playing CC and mods since the very beginning, but have never taken the plunge into head to head. I now have more time to do so. Is there anywhere on this site, or any other, a head to head guide for dummies to get me started?

Is Gamespy the best and easiest method of play? How do you make sure you have compatible systems, game set-ups etc. I know absolutely nothing so I need everything there is to know from the ground up.

Thanks in advance for any guidance/direction received.

Pluskat

#2:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:13 pm
    —
GameSpy(GS) is a very common place that people gather to play h2h.

In terms of versions, just make sure your opponent has the same mod release that you do such as Utah1.3, Stalingrad1.2, GJS4.4 etc.

You should probably consult the Technical Guide section to address port forwarding so that you can host games. Check under the troubleshooting guide for details. Also there are always helpful people out on GS to direct you.

Don't be shy in GameSpy, ask someone for a battle or open up a room and see if you get any takers. Please note that if you are new to h2h it should be much more intense and you'll often end up on the losing end in the beginning. But don't get discouraged by the more advance level of play. I always encourage new h2h players to fight as much as you can and learn from your opponent and from your mistakes.

Following is a Field Commanders Tactical Guide that serves as good reading material
http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob1GJSstrat.html

Good luck to you and hope to see you on the battefield.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn
Pzt CC Gruppe

http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/PztCCGruppe2.html

#3:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:51 pm
    —
For those interested and German-speaking: we also have a nicely written tutorial in German in our forums: click me!

It was written long time ago by a former GS member.

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:07 am
    —
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=122

This is something I have been working on the past two weeks with the help of members that give me advice. It should help you atleast get a game setup.

#5:  Author: Pluskat PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:32 am
    —
Thank you everyone for taking the trouble to reply. I am afraid my german is probably not good enough to take advantage of your guide Herr Schimpf, but thanks for adding it.

I shall try your guide Mooxe, and let you know how I get on.

Looking forward to being annihilated when I do finally get a H2H game going!

Pluskat

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1