cant re-install CCV
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: cant re-install CCV Author: fliguyman06 PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:24 pm
    —
after unplugging and plugging in mods, sometimes i have to reinstall CCV inorder to get the original map pack back. Typically i do the normal process: start, programs, CCV, Uninstall. Then when the CD auto runs, instead of play, the option for install is there. well this time, the uninstall ran, but the option to install isnt there. the files are deleted from my hard drive but i cant delete it from add/remove programs.

Help! i need this game.

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:22 am
    —
Use a registry cleaner utility (like CC Cleaner - http:// www.ccleaner.com/) to fix your registry.

If that doesn't work...manually clean your registry of CC5 entries using start->run->regedit

Do a forum search, this has been discussed a few times before.

#3:  Author: Glote PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:33 pm
    —
Just right click on your CC folder and do Open, and then double click the Setup button. Worked with me...

#4:  Author: churowero PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:41 pm
    —
hi

yesterday i got the same problem, and i solve it today
you need to remove the entry (Close Combat Invasion Normandy) from "add and remove programs" list

how to:
go to start buton -> run -> and type
regedit
(be careful any bad change can broke your system)

goto to this path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

and search for this folder entry
{66545400-DEF6-11D3-A09A-00E02919016C}
and remove it (right click over the folder for context menu) and click delete
remember to see the content of the folder in the right side panel, in the row Display Name this must say Close Combat Invasion Normandy and now you can remove this folder entry {66545400-DEF6-11D3-A09A-00E02919016C}

the full path is some thing like this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{66545400-DEF6-11D3-A09A-00E02919016C}

done!
now you can reinstall the game

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1