Config manager doesn t work
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Config manager doesn t work Author: Kikapu PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:17 pm
    —
When I launch the Config manager , the following msg appears
"Failed to copy c:\prog..\SSI\Clos....\Data\Base\GENames.txt to System\Original\Genanmes.txt because  c:\prog..\SSI\Clos....\Data\Base\GENames.txt does not exist

when I check I see the GENames Data file in the ..\Data\base  Confused

How to solve the problem?

TIA
Kikapu

#2:  Author: cyper PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 pm
    —
don't know but i got the same problem

#3:  Author: Mad_Dog PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am
    —
I have a (maybe) similar problem. The Manager installed fine, but when I try to install the Okinawa mod, the install fails. I think it's because I never install programs in the default folder, and C:\Program Files\SSI\ etc. is the default.

Any way to change the folder from the default? The mod managers .dll file?

#4:  Author: Mad_Dog PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:42 am
    —
Try this:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=81

But now I get Error Code #5? Any solution for this?

#5:  Author: Mad_Dog PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:45 pm
    —
Right-click on the config manager .exe, go to properties, set compatibility to Windows 98/ME and setit to run as an adminstrator. This fixed it for me, now everything works well.

#6:  Author: zenga PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:12 pm
    —
Ive got the same problem as well. Its killing me Ive done everything that Im suppose to except set it to run as a administrator because I only have one account on my computer. Does anyone have a fix?

#7:  Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:14 pm
    —
[quote]
Failed to copy c:\prog..\SSI\Clos....\Data\Base\GENames.txt to System\Original\Genanmes.txt because c:\prog..\SSI\Clos....\Data\Base\GENames.txt does not exist

try reinstalling cc5 is the best solution in these cases

#8: Re: Config manager doesn t work Author: tommyd062 PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:44 pm
    —
You are most likely playing on the 64 bit vista OS, in which case the game is installed to the program files (x86) folder not just program files.  I think the link in the post above will work....however I havent tried it myself.  I am going to fool around with this a bit more to see if I can find a way around it.

Okay I tried the link Mad_Dog posted above.  It works perfectly.  It's not too hard either once you get the registry editor open.

Last edited by tommyd062 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Config manager doesn t work Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:39 pm
    —
Kikapu, has Mad_Dogs tips solved your problem? Please reply as others may be following this thread.

#10: Re: Config manager doesn t work Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 pm
    —
I'd update my Configuration Manager Registry Editing document if I knew anything about Vista, but I have avoided it like the plauge.  I'm waiting on Windows 7 and a healthy debug period before I leave XP.  I don't know anything about Mac's, either, and don't want to.

One thing holds true:  Never rely on any of the Configuration Managers to completely extract a .pln (a renamed .zip file).  It works correctly most times, but not all the time.  After extracting the .pln with the Config Mngr, always re-do it manually by changing the .pln file extention to .zip and extract it with WinZip, RAR, WinAce or 7Zip and then move the files to the mod's System\Packages folder, overwriting all files.  This will ensure that all the files in the .pln are in the folder.

Once I started doing that, I never had a missing file in any mod.  This is true for CC3, CC4 and CC5.

#11: Re: Config manager doesn t work Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 am
    —
I have associated the PLN extension with winrar so it openes automatically and can be easily unzipped.

#12: Re: Config manager doesn t work Author: Habber PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:36 am
    —
Senior_Drill wrote (View Post):
I'd update my Configuration Manager Registry Editing document if I knew anything about Vista, but I have avoided it like the plauge.  I'm waiting on Windows 7 and a healthy debug period before I leave XP.  I don't know anything about Mac's, either, and don't want to.

One thing holds true:  Never rely on any of the Configuration Managers to completely extract a .pln (a renamed .zip file).  It works correctly most times, but not all the time.  After extracting the .pln with the Config Mngr, always re-do it manually by changing the .pln file extention to .zip and extract it with WinZip, RAR, WinAce or 7Zip and then move the files to the mod's System\Packages folder, overwriting all files.  This will ensure that all the files in the .pln are in the folder.

Once I started doing that, I never had a missing file in any mod.  This is true for CC3, CC4 and CC5.

I also ran into all these problems and had to use all the tips on this page, but this one finally did it to get rid of the error #5.  
This is my first mod, and I am wondering why my view of the battle field seems so zoomed in and mouse sensitivity is jacked right up?  I'm running the Windows 7 64 bit Release Candidate if that helps.  

Thanks a bunch for the help guys!

#13: Re: Config manager doesn t work Author: Cannoneer PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 pm
    —
I hope that this is THE email string to end my problems.  I have read through the string and consulted the link provided above.  As previously mentioned:  Vista 64 bit OS.  Installed CCV and Patch using default directory - i.e. Program Files (x86).  Config Manager V1.3 won't install any mods.  I receive an error message similar to that above "Failed to copy C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe to System\Original\CC5.exe because …. Does not exist".  I then followed the instructions for changing the registry (changed from Program Files (x86) to Program Files) and still got the same error message.

I have done the brutal method - just moving the entire SSI folder to the Program Files folder with some success.  I got the mod to install but got an error message part of the way through - missing a specific battle.

Any suggestions to getting the Config Manager to work without resorting to the moving of the folder?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1