Map Scroll off and game freezes
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Map Scroll off and game freezes Author: Florian_geyer PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:24 pm
    —
Well I got the disc from a vendor, but am not sure cc5 will work with my computer.  The game map is very twitchy and either freezes or takes off like a banshee.  It is very hard to lock onto units to move them etc, and when they do there are a lot of freezes - kinda like lag without the internet connection.

I will try to run that program, although I'm always leary of that.  Perhaps it will work on my laptop a bit more efficiently and I'll just run the game off to a monitor..... We'll see.

Would that program that Mooxie mentioned fix the slow downs....speed up up on map scroll?

Jeff (Wiking but Id is Floriangeyer...go figger that out!)

#2:  Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:05 pm
    —
Do you have a multi core CPU and WinXp? I have the same problem, I cannot seem to get rid of. see: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2229&start=10&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:12 am
    —
If all else fails...maybe you'd have to resort to using Win98/95 Compatibility mode...and of course loose the option to play CC in res higher than 1024x***.

#4:  Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:21 pm
    —
I know. And let all those pixels on my beautiful monitor stay black Sad.
At least it's something. But I'm not giving up looking for a solution.

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 am
    —
kweniston wrote:
I know. And let all those pixels on my beautiful monitor stay black Sad.
At least it's something. But I'm not giving up looking for a solution.

Black? You mean at lower res you're playing with black borders?
Fiddle with your Graphics Card setting so you can play with lower res but stretched.

#6: Re: Map Scroll off and game freezes Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:23 pm
    —
Jeff what is the status of this problem?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1