Config manager & partitions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Config manager & partitions Author: Ktinga PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:08 pm
    —
Hi guys !

Well unfortunately my C partition seems to be to small for GJS 4.4 (I can only try to install it if I completely remove original CC5 maps) so I was thinking of reinstalling the game on my D partition (which has doubble size), but it seems that Config Manager only works for C partition by default - could it be changed (otherwise I am afraid that I won't be playing GJS until I get new HDD/reinstall windows) ?

Thanks !

#2:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:00 pm
    —
You can install all the Close Combat games and their Configuration Managers to any physical hard drive or partition. The Configuration Managers all look in the Registry to find the location of the game. That "installed to" information is written as the default location by the installer program and the CC5.exe, so to get a Configuration Manager to look in the correct drive and folder means you have to edit the Registry entries.

See my post in this thread for a complete description of what you need to do.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=999#999

#3: mm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:18 am
    —
mate if ur installing CC5 on ur D drive then ur config manager will set up much easily on ur D drive.
u can just drag ur plugins ans system/packages folder over so u dont have to unzip the plugins again,but u will have to unzip any maps again.

#4:  Author: Ktinga PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:43 pm
    —
I've changed the registry entry and now everything works prefect on my D partition !

Many thanks again !

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1