2nd Battle of Kharkov
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Kharkov

#1: 2nd Battle of Kharkov Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:31 pm
    —
Hi, I'm Drizzt (I'm Italian so sorry for my english) and I want give you some information about my Mod: 2nd Battle of Kharkov.
Some things good in the Mod:
- IA is very aggressive so you enjoy also as a defender
- Battlegroups well balanced
- many new units
- some new sounds
Some things not perfect in the mod:
- the 44 maps are cc3 custom maps recoded with new btd files of course, also I have renamed them (stupid error that I understand too late) but don't worry the maps I have choosed have sense in relation of Ukraine spring style of Mod
- Battles 50% of times crash (as in some others mods)
- Russians Commanders names are wrongs: I regret for this but I really can't found them.

(as some others modders I suppose) I have use some tga and sounds files from others mods: particularly the music.sfx come from CC3 Kharkov mod and I don't want change it because is perfect for my mod and I really love it!
About maps I really like 30 of these, the others 14 I hope in future to change them (some only to expand, some to change totally).
The Mod is in testing phase so I think to finish it about 10 days - two weeks. I will upload a mappack and a zip with games files but I hope that someone of this site will create a plug-in because I don't know how to make it. In conclusion I know that my Mod will not be perfect as stalingrad or Der Kessel seems to be but this is my first work (I make it on my own) and I really love it! In future I'm sure to improve it. Drizzt

#2:  Author: eLbELocation: Jyväskylä, Finland PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:08 pm
    —
Can't wait for your mod mate! Smile The screens in Combat Camera look interesting. Keep up the good work!

#3:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:23 pm
    —
Looking forward to it, Drizzt, keep up the good work!

#4:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:20 pm
    —
Hi Guys, thanks for your comments, I want to say you all that tensting is 90% complete, stalingrad mod will be released 1st June so I think to upload my mod 15th-20th June because I have used in my mod stalingrad tanks&vehicles (they are wonderfull!) and I want you see them first in stalingrad mod. About testing in first phase I have found some wrecks error that cause crash and other little problems as for example weapons without ammunitions and I correct all. So I can say that battles crash 50% 60% as in some others mods, and about operations and campaigns they crash very few times only in some maps and you can continue in the same map, with same battlegroups with same units in battlegroups without problems. I have also make an interface better than firt version I have 90% finished it. Regards Drizzt

#5:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:31 pm
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Hi Guys, thanks for your comments, I want to say you all that tensting is 90% complete, stalingrad mod will be released 1st June so I think to upload my mod 15th-20th June because I have used in my mod stalingrad tanks&vehicles (they are wonderfull!) and I want you see them first in stalingrad mod. About testing in first phase I have found some wrecks error that cause crash and other little problems as for example weapons without ammunitions and I correct all. So I can say that battles crash 50% 60% as in some others mods, and about operations and campaigns they crash very few times only in some maps and you can continue in the same map, with same battlegroups with same units in battlegroups without problems. I have also make an interface better than firt version I have 90% finished it. Regards Drizzt

doubt stalingrad will be out before summer ends

#6:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:44 pm
    —
Khartboy, Stalingrad Mod Team member, have reply me in a post at CSO site that Stalingrad mod will be released 1st June, so I don't have motive to doesn't believe him, and I hope will be released as he says. Regards Drizzt

#7:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:26 pm
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Khartboy, Stalingrad Mod Team member, have reply me in a post at CSO site that Stalingrad mod will be released 1st June, so I don't have motive to doesn't believe him, and I hope will be released as he says. Regards Drizzt

Sry Drizzt,
some things chnged so Stlaingrad mod will in no way be released on June 1st.
The closest possible ETA is late June.
But i'd say late mid-late Summer or even September 13th Very Happy .

#8:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:03 pm
    —
Well, this change all, if the final phase test wiil be good I think my mod will be upload 5th June, (Khartboy say that he has no proplems if I release my mod before stalingrad, the only condition is to write what I have used of stalingrad mod in readme file). Regards Drizzt

#9:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:14 pm
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Well, this change all, if the final phase test wiil be good I think my mod will be upload 5th June, (Khartboy say that he has no proplems if I release my mod before stalingrad, the only condition is to write what I have used of stalingrad mod in readme file). Regards Drizzt

looking forward to tryingg it out!

#10:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:47 pm
    —
Quote:

Sure Drizzt,

but w/o Stalingrad mod graphics.

CC5:Stalingrad mod resources can be used by any memeber of CC community after CC5:Stalingrad will be released.

#11:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:45 pm
    —
I don't understand "w/o", but if maybe means that I can't use stalingrad mod graphics before release, is right that you know Dima that Khartboy know that I have used tank.azp file in my mod (and I have worked hours in Data to implement it). But if I can't upload my mod anyway please say it clear. Is not criticism, I really don't well understand if I can use it or not, and if you are a member of stalingrad mod team. Regards Drizzt

#12:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:15 pm
    —
I mean that you can not use CC5:Stalingrad files until CC5:Stalingrad mod will be released.

When CC5:Stalingrad will be released u can use any files you wish. And just tell in readme that u took them from Stalingrad.

So i can c 2 ways:
1)Wait until CC5:Stalingrad will be released.And release yer mod with Stalingrad graphics.
2)Release yer mod before CC5:Stalingrad and use graphics from other mods(CC5:Battle of Berlin, CC3:Real Red or so).

Regards,Dima.

#13:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:02 pm
    —
Obviously is really long recode another tank.azp file in my Data mod, so I think that I will await stalingrad. But one thing I want to say: stalingrad beta files were FREE disposition, I will await stalingrad only in respect of THE GREAT WORK OF MANOI (90% of mod made by him and his old team), and in respect of the new stalingrad mod team, and not because I am "obliged". Regards Drizzt

#14:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:40 pm
    —
Drizzt wrote:
But one thing I want to say: stalingrad beta files were FREE disposition, I will await stalingrad only in respect of THE GREAT WORK OF MANOI (90% of mod made by him and his old team), and in respect of the new stalingrad mod team, and not because I am "obliged". Regards Drizzt

Drizzt,
we(kartboy and me) were in 'old' Stalingrad team...so this is not new team.

#15:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:50 pm
    —
Well, sorry for my mistake, but the sense don't change: I do that because I really respect your work and not because I'm obliged. Regards Drizzt

#16:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:19 pm
    —
Thank you for understanding Very Happy .

#17:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:47 pm
    —
Dima, why the mod is not yet finished? I know that there are some errors in data, some Btd to finish, and others very little problems as "americans request truce" or american flag, but I have fix them in few time, I have stop to work on it when I understand some months ago that an official team re-work on it, so maybe are the three maps in stratmap that cause crash game the problem? (don't angry again, I'm really only just curious) Regards Drizzt

#18:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:04 pm
    —
As far as i can c from screenshots of yer mod, u use old Stal data that has ALOT of mistakes and bugs.
That version of Stalingrad that u dlded from FTP was unplayable.

We remade all the things.

if u have more questions or suggestions add me to yer MSN list :
dimafedorov [at] msn [dot] com

#19:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:27 pm
    —
Dima, I don't use in my mod any files of staligrad mod exept tank.azp file and icons in create scenario (reworked by me), but yes you have reason there are many errors in stalingrad beta data (I have correct it for make it simply playable, but not "historical" playable), I'm sure your mod will be the best because it seems something like close combat 6, all is new, and tanks graphic is awesome, good work! Regards Drizzt

#20:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:38 pm
    —
Sry, thought u used Embarassed .
All these fool russ names Stalingrad used.....Orudie E-2....T34obr40...
just hate them already Very Happy .

Btw i noticed Hummel in german FP. It had 5men crew not 4. And was not available till May 1943 Wink .

#21:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:02 pm
    —
Arghh!, I have found in the net informations about Hummel was used since 1942, are you sure? And if I change it with wespe maybe is right? about crew: I admit that I'm not historical perfectionist, but if I remember well I have seen in cc3 the number of crew. About Data trust me, I don't use stalingrad beta data (I'm not mad). I hope that when my mod will be released something historical expert like you make a "full-historical-correct" update. Regards Drizzt

#22:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:36 pm
    —
I have controlled my font: Hummel= july 1942, 4-6 crew. My mod is may-june but I like it. Regards Drizzt

#23:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:47 pm
    —
Drizzt wrote:
I have controlled my font: Hummel= july 1942, 4-6 cr
ew. My mod is may-june but I like it. Regards Drizzt

http://wwiivehicles.com/germany/self_propelled/hummel.html

Quote:
The Waffenamt wanted to provide artillery support to armored units. They had proposed putting an 105 mm leFH to be mounted on a PzKpfw III or IV chassis. On July 25, 1942, this was changed to mount a 15 cm sFH, since the PzKpfw II could mount the 105 leFH.

Alkett presented a prototype to Hitler in October 1943. An order was then placed to have 100 ready by May 12, 1943, in time for the Kursk offensive. Armor was supplied by Stahlindustrie (Deutsche Röhrenwerke) of Mülheim/Ruhr and Deutsche Edelstahl in Hannover. Deutsche Eisenwerke assembled 666 Hummels. In December 1942 12 were completed.

#24:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:06 am
    —
Well, your font is more completed, thank you!, If I use a Stug III F/8 is right? I have seen the site but I'm not sure, and I need an assault gun or self-propelled gun to balance the game. Sorry for asking again, but you are really expert. Regards Drizzt

#25:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:41 pm
    —
First StuG40F8 were available in spetember 1942.
Btw StuIG33B were available in november 1942.

In yer time frame StuG40F was available armed with StuK40 L/43 gun.

#26:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:12 pm
    —
Many thanks Dima, you have resolved me one problem but now I have another problem: you know stalingrad StuIG 33B graphic: so what can I use in my time frame similar to it? (many thanks again, your posts are really very very usefull for me), if you agree I can post here a small list with germans and russians tanks&vehicles of my mod and (if you want) you can say me which are rights in my time frame and which are wrongs. Regards Drizzt

#27:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:22 pm
    —
nothing looks like StuIG33B.
Btw we won't use it in Stalingrad either.

sure.

#28:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:45 pm
    —
Thanks Dima, here the list:

Germans: Stug IIIE, StugIIIF, Pz Jager 38t (marder), Pz 38t, PzIID, FlammenPanzerII, PzIIIH, PzIIIJ, PzIVD, PzIVF, PzIVF2, Sdfkz: 222, 232, 250/7, 250/11, 250/9,
251 (Neberwelfer 41), 251/10, 251/2, 250/1, 251/1, Romanians: R-2, R-35; Problem: if I cancel StuIG 33 B I need a self-prop. gun or assault gun, suggestions (with stalingrad tank graphic)?

Russians: Ba-10, Ba-20, Avtomachina M3A1, Katyusha, BT-7M, KV1 obr.39,
KV-1 obr.41, T34 obr.40, T34 obr.41, T60, T70, KV2, OT133

#29:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:02 pm
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Thanks Dima, here the list:

Germans: Stug IIIE, StugIIIF, Pz Jager 38t (marder), Pz 38t, PzIID, FlammenPanzerII, PzIIIH, PzIIIJ, PzIVD, PzIVF, PzIVF2, Sdfkz: 222, 232, 250/7, 250/11, 250/9,
251 (Neberwelfer 41), 251/10, 251/2, 250/1, 251/1, Romanians: R-2, R-35; Problem: if I cancel StuIG 33 B I need a self-prop. gun or assault gun, suggestions (with stalingrad tank graphic)?

Russians: Ba-10, Ba-20, Avtomachina M3A1, Katyusha, BT-7M, KV1 obr.39,
KV-1 obr.41, T34 obr.40, T34 obr.41, T60, T70, KV2, OT133

russians:
M3A1-was available since late summer 1943.
T34obr.40 was not available.
KV1obr.39 was not available.
T70 was not available.
KV-2 was not available.
OT-133 was not available.

Available:
T26,T40,KV1obr40,T34obr42,MkII Matilda II,MkIII Valentine II,MkIII Velentine IV,T37,T38,T40,Captured PzIII.

#30:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:14 pm
    —
Many many thanks!!, Great work, I am surprised because I believed that for example obr.39= 1939. About germans all is ok or you have not controlled yet? Regards Drizzt

#31:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:42 pm
    —
Dunno much about german tanx in that area...

for sure 250/9 wasn't available.
doubt that any of Flamingo was there as most of them were withdrawn in the end of 1941.
no 7.5cm Marder II or III.
small(if any) number of Marder II(7,62cm) as first were delivered on May 12 1942.
u can add PzJager I(some number were in disposal of Army Group South).

guess some PzIIIG,PzIIF,StuGIIIC were available
some number of S35, H39, captured russ tanx.

#32:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:53 pm
    —
Many thanks again!! "Do not much about german tanks in this area": means that you are not sure which tanks are avalaible or that is probably no tanks (of my mod) in this area at your advice? Anyway I just fixed russians and now I will fix germans thanks to you! Regards Drizzt

#33:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:03 pm
    —
That mean i don't know much...
I pointed which tanx of yer list were not availabe.Other can be.

#34:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:34 pm
    —
Seems to me very strange... I know germans bulk many divisions in this area for Op. Fredericus and I'm sure 100% that 23th panzer and 16th panzer were decisive to repulse offensive... (war books fonts); I know also russians use 1200 tanks in this offensive: so if my Pz III and IV are not in the area, at your advice with what they have repulsed russians? With Panzer II(!)? Regards Drizzt

P.S:I have controlled my murder and is 7.62cm gun so is good!, Flamingo because we don't have certitude I think I don't cancel it, Stug IIIC is really good advice! I create it sure. And I will fix sure all other things.

#35:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:01 pm
    —
boom! Shocked

did i say that there were no PzIIIJ or PzIVF2?

Quote:
for sure 250/9 wasn't available.
doubt that any of Flamingo was there as most of them were withdrawn in the end of 1941.
no 7.5cm Marder II or III.

other vehicle from yer list could be available.

Plus german doctrine never told(at least in 1942 for sure) to duel enemy tanx with their own tanx Rolling Eyes . ATGs,Aviation were for that purpose. Tanx were too valuable for AT purpose.They were used to counter attack when enemy tank attack was replused...

#36:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:40 pm
    —
Sorry, now I have understand. And you have reason: german tanks were used to encircle enemy divisions and not to face russian tanks. Many tanks again!!! Regards Drizzt

#37:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:29 pm
    —
I have fix all Dima, but I have the last question that some mod-makers I think can know: What cause crash in battles? There will be a logical sense if some mods battles crash few tiimes and in some mods often.

P.S. Two posts ago I have confuse "point" with "to bet" becuse in italian "to bet"= Puntare, and puntare is similar to point. So I have understand something like "I bet they (tanks) were not avalaible.

#38:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:32 pm
    —
what happens bfr it crashes? vehicles explodes? or do it says something?

#39:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:38 pm
    —
Unfortunately the battles crash before begin play in tactical maps during load phase: sometime when game say "initializing IA" sometime when game say "copying maps files" (I mean the 44 battles not battles in campaign). Regards Drizzt

#40:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:43 pm
    —
Maybe I say something wrong? I know that probably the problem is in Data, I know that is difficult find what cause crash, only I want to know if there is some column in qclone particularly to check to resolve it, with my tests I can say that probably Alsteams, Geteams and weapons are responsible of crash, but why and where I can check and change? Regards Drizzt

#41:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:56 pm
    —
Why I don't merite not even "I don't know"? Regards Drizzt

#42:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:45 pm
    —
I don't know why you don't want reply me Dima: I don't say nothing of wrong, also you have done me a question about battles crash:

"what happens bfr it crashes? vehicles explodes? or do it says something?"

So I want only thank you for your help with tanks&vehicles (I will include you in credits). Dima, do me only a favour: don't reply me also in future. Regards Drizzt

#43:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:51 pm
    —
lol Drizzt Very Happy .

looks like i just missed previous notification of yer reply. Sad
now i got one and saw yer reply.

they say these crashes in single battles refers to elements.adb or map coding. I dunno actually. Only GJS and regCC5(utah Razz ) allows u to play single battle w/o crashes.

u could send me email....

#44:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:29 pm
    —
You have missed 3 notifications consecutives (?!); Anyway I try to check elements, thanks. About maps coding is impossible I have made something wrong: I'm sure that I converted them well, also battles in campaigns and operations 99% of times work: only 2 crash in over 100 battles played (and I have continued with same BG and same units in BG, in same maps without problems). Regards Drizzt

#45:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:31 pm
    —
Battles in campaigns and operations are playable w/o crashes in all mods i gues...

#46:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:41 pm
    —
Sorry, but again I don't understand "w/o" abbreviation. If means that camps and ops battles are playable in all mods, I assure you that I work hard in my Data to make stable campaigns and ops, in the first phase of tests they crashed often. Regards Drizzt

#47:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:06 pm
    —
w/o= with out.

Single battles crash often in most mods.
Ops and campaign don;t

#48:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:44 pm
    —
Yes you have reason, and I don't pretend that my battles works perfect as in CC5 or GJS, I'm glad if they works as in Berlin for example, for now they work only 15%-30% of times: too few. Here a little thing I have discovered: if I use (for testing) vehicles.adb from GJS my battles works 95% of times (obviously I must pull off some vehicles in BG because if not crash sure: azp differents, vehicle class differents, less number of vehicles ecc., but really works), so I think that maybe I must fix "booleans" and "unknown" columns of vehicles.adb as in GJS: for example if PIV has "4" in GJS "unknown" column, I must write "4" for my PzIV in my "unknown" column, for russians guns-vehicles-tanks is more difficult this way of course... I don't finished yet so I don't know if this is the right solution, but I try... Regards Drizzt

#49:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:32 am
    —
I believe the single battle crash problem is caused by the use of CC3 elements file in a CC5 mod. The problem is with element 16, which is Stone Fence in CC3, but Wreck in CC5. In a single battle game, the pc will sometimes add wrecks to the map before the battle, and writes to the map files in the temp folder. It will try to write element 16. This will often cause a crash when loading.

Mods with CC3 elements....Meuse, Berlin.
Mods with CC5 elements.....GJS, Omaha.

Note.... I am by no means an expert, Embarassed this info is second hand from what I've read here over the years. I believe our good Western Canadian friend Tszjed discovered this, so PM him or maybe he can rear his head from the Chilliwack prairies and answer himself... Very Happy

Grunt

#50:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:48 am
    —
Hi, pvt grunt, your information is something that I don't knew, but if I use GJS Elements my battles crash often anyway, and I have re-converted all my maps with CC5 elements. Also you have reason that meuse use CC3 elements (in txt maps files I can find numer 255 for example), but berlin has not number mayor of 158. Anyway is something to check sure, thanks for your information. Regards Drizzt

#51:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:47 am
    —
There's 2 sets of CC3 elements in use, one is the original ,the other is West Front elemants (much more common with map makers) which added on hedgerows etc. This was a "standard" set of elements for years, so lots of maps are coded with it.

If you use a map conversion tool be very careful of which set of elements the maps use, and what you are actually converting to!

Also, GJS maps now have a custom elements file for ver 4.4, which added in underpass and some others. These maps "may" not work under standard CC5 elements. Confusing I know.

Also, I think Tszejd recoded the Meuse maps recently and fixed the element 16 problem.

ps All my new maps are coded with "ostelements" file, so theres another one!!

#52:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:21 am
    —
Hi pvt Grunt, Berlin elements and GJS elements are nearly identicals, only differences I can see are two:if Berlin has "wood floor L3", GJS has "underpass"; and GJS have 1 element more: "newly Dug weapon pit". Maybe I mistake but seems to me too few for speak about cc3 and cc5 elements in the two mods. Anyway I'm not expert of maps, but I'm nearly sure that my crash in single battles are caused by Data, probably vehicles.adb. Regards Drizzt

P.S. Your new maps are for which mod?

#53:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:03 am
    —
nice pics update on Combat camera:D.

#54:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:31 am
    —
Thanks Dima, I await v 1.1 of your mod: sure great mod!, About my tanks& vehicles in my timeframe I understand that I forget to ask you two: PzI (armed mg.34) and 251/6 halftrack: they are right? (both are commands vehicles and are very few in my mod)

#55:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:09 pm
    —
yeah could be there.

#56:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:15 pm
    —
Thanks again Dima! Regards Drizzt

#57:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:09 pm
    —
My "comparative tests" with GJS are finished: I have discovered that if I insert only wreck column of GJS in my vehicles.adb, my single battles works 75% of times (very good percentage), before do this, they work only 15%-30% of times. But is obviously that I can't let my vehicles.adb with GJS wreck column because this means sure crashes in operations and campaign: Any suggestions? Regards Drizzt

#58:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:48 pm
    —
Hi all, I have fixed one element and now seems that finally battles work fine!, I have try to play every battle of my mod and 44 times on 52 attempts they work! 84% percentage: really good. Also Kgvonmenng controlling for me if there are some small errors in my data. I'm testing again Ops an Camps: but for now all is ok. Regards Drizzt

#59:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:48 pm
    —
Bad way... Element changed cause crash problems in ops and Campaign. Regards Drizzt

#60:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:02 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote:
I believe the single battle crash problem is caused by the use of CC3 elements file in a CC5 mod. The problem is with element 16, which is Stone Fence in CC3, but Wreck in CC5. In a single battle game, the pc will sometimes add wrecks to the map before the battle, and writes to the map files in the temp folder. It will try to write element 16. This will often cause a crash when loading.

Mods with CC3 elements....Meuse, Berlin.
Mods with CC5 elements.....GJS, Omaha.

Note.... I am by no means an expert, Embarassed this info is second hand from what I've read here over the years. I believe our good Western Canadian friend Tszjed discovered this, so PM him or maybe he can rear his head from the Chilliwack prairies and answer himself... Very Happy

Grunt

I have used the standard CC5 Element file in the Berlin Mod

#61:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:07 pm
    —
As I thought Berlin has cc5 elements thanks. Sapa, you are a veteran modder, me also I have used CC5 standard element file, I think you have read my posts here, Don't you have any idea why my battles crash very often? Regards Drizzt

#62:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:24 am
    —
Drizzt wrote:
As I thought Berlin has cc5 elements thanks. Sapa, you are a veteran modder, me also I have used CC5 standard element file, I think you have read my posts here, Don't you have any idea why my battles crash very often? Regards Drizzt

The advice from me is: use the Excell Program CC3 to CC5 maps.If it shows elements over 158 (i think) open 3C and change it to elements thats fit in CC5.Even if people complains about Berlin single crashes it works fine in my computer.I think it sometimes depends on the system you are using.(Win98,ME,XP..) I still think you should use Win98 for CC but maybe it is because i am beginnig to be an old dinosaur..
One other thing, look in your Vehicles.Adb and be sure of that it refers to the right wreck.I can remember that using Big or small letters can make the game crash....i really hope this could help you in anyway.
For me holiday is nere and i have just bought 24 Danish strong beers i will comsume.
The single battles crash is an old CC promblem and i think it is good that you are using the standard element file.Agree about that the GJS team could show some info.I am sure Dima is using the standard element file because he has just changed the orginal CC5 and we could discuss this further when he has made a complete mod....

Cheers Mats

#63:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:29 am
    —
Sapa wrote:
Drizzt wrote:

The advice from me is: use the Excell Program CC3 to CC5 maps.If it shows elements over 158 (i think) open 3C and change it to elements thats fit in CC5.Even if people complains about Berlin single crashes it works fine in my computer.I think it sometimes depends on the system you are using.(Win98,ME,XP..) I still think you should use Win98 for CC but maybe it is because i am beginnig to be an old dinosaur..
One other thing, look in your Vehicles.Adb and be sure of that it refers to the right wreck.I can remember that using Big or small letters can make the game crash....i really hope this could help you in anyway.
For me holiday is nere and i have just bought 24 Danish strong beers i will comsume.
The single battles crash is an old CC promblem and i think it is good that you are using the standard element file.Agree about that the GJS team could show some info.I am sure Dima is using the standard element file because he has just changed the orginal CC5 and we could discuss this further when he has made a complete mod....

Cheers Mats

One other thing, dont change the Uknown columns, i am almost sure they are not the problem...

#64:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:43 am
    —
Many thanks for your reply Sapa!! Unfortunately many of your advice I have already done. Elements mayor of 158 I have changed with 0, and I have corrected my wreck column some time ago as you say when I have understand majuscule-minuscole letters problems. Something unknown column I am obliged to take: cc5 has approximately 75-80 vehicles-guns, my mod 98. About Berlin I use winXP and battles crash rare times. I hope to made my battles as Berlin level. (But I must admit that XP or not XP GJS battles never crash) Regards Drizzt

P.S. Good holiday!

#65:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:19 am
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Many thanks for your reply Sapa!! Unfortunately many of your advice I have already done. Elements mayor of 158 I have changed with 0, and I have corrected my wreck column some time ago as you say when I have understand majuscule-minuscole letters problems. Something unknown column I am obliged to take: cc5 has approximately 75-80 vehicles-guns, my mod 98. About Berlin I use winXP and battles crash rare times. I hope to made my battles as Berlin level. (But I must admit that XP or not XP GJS battles never crash) Regards Drizzt

P.S. Good holiday!

I will share you a secret when i am in this mode.If you open Battlegroups.Adb, move to the left and put number 5 in the line for the Russians :Commanders use all tactical plans.

Uhaa!

Mats

#66:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:28 am
    —
Ehm..., maybe I don't understand well, but I think you would say: open battlegroups move to the right and write number 5 in tactics column? In this case I have already done it (not for all commanders). Anyway thanks again! Regards Drizzt

#67:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:16 pm
    —
Seems this time I have resolved my problem about crash battles, here how: I have used the same positions of guns and aircrafts of GJS vehicles.adb, the objective was to have wreck comumns with "NONE" at the same position of GJS, in this way I don't know why battles works 90% of times. Yeah! Regards Drizzt

#68:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:44 pm
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Seems this time I have resolved my problem about crash battles, here how: I have used the same positions of guns and aircrafts of GJS vehicles.adb, the objective was to have wreck comumns with "NONE" at the same position of GJS, in this way I don't know why battles works 90% of times. Yeah! Regards Drizzt

Sounds really good! Smile

#69:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:21 pm
    —
Hi, Sapa, I have seen berlin vehicles.adb and I have noticed that you have done like me: the aircrafts and the few guns of your mod are in the same positions of GJS (and now of my mod). Maybe we can speak about a "general norm" now? Regards Drizzt

P.S You don't have noticed it ?!

#70:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:01 pm
    —
Sapa wrote:
I have used the standard CC5 Element file in the Berlin Mod

I stand corrected, thanks Sapa.

Grunt

#71:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:40 am
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Hi, Sapa, I have seen berlin vehicles.adb and I have noticed that you have done like me: the aircrafts and the few guns of your mod are in the same positions of GJS (and now of my mod). Maybe we can speak about a "general norm" now? Regards Drizzt

P.S You don't have noticed it ?!

No, i havent noticed that before but now i know.Thankyou!

Mats

#72: Khar Strat Map Author: jagd_jar1 PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:56 am
    —
Very nice!
It looks as if you have made your strat map after a player made Kharkov map from Panzer General Two. I can't begin to tell you how many hours I used to spend playing that game series. I think the PG2 icons make great BG Icons in CC5 a la Bloody Omaha.
I amlooking forward to your mod!

#73:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:11 am
    —
Thanks Jagd Jar1, but sincerly I think that my stratmap is not very nice (in PG2 yes, but in my mod is not well succeeded), I'm working to improve it: I think that as background I let it, but about 44 maps zone I'm working to insert pictures-maps of maps.mmm files. I will upload this new version and I will see comments before choose which stratmap let in the mod. Regards Drizzt

#74:  Author: robgLocation: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:41 pm
    —
Hey Drizzt,
Are you still waitng for Stalingrad mod to release The Second Battle of Karkov ? Sad

#75:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:00 pm
    —
What's the latest on Karkov? We are all looking forward to it Very Happy

#76:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:32 am
    —
yea my tanks need a new paint with russian blood and the ones in stalingrad and berlin are not enough Twisted Evil

#77:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:16 pm
    —
Hi all, seems that finally I have resolved my problems of "stuttering and freeze" playing CC5 mods: was hardware problem: motherboard. I have re-worked some files cause I had lost some of them some months ago. The mod is now in a beta-testing phase, but I must change also 2-3 maps. I hope to release it in a month or two.
Sorry for no news in this months but after the loss of some files of my mod I was not sure if I wanted re-done them or not (but I do it!), also I can't play the mods (not now, I mean for some months ago cause the motherboard hardware problem): this had meant less interest in CCmods, so I don't knew what write: the mod is dead, freeze, abandoned? But now I can say that the mod is alive and has almost finished.

Regards, Drizzt

#78:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:41 pm
    —
Right on Drizzt, great news man Very Happy

#79:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:04 pm
    —
Dear Drizzt;
I read all Posts in this topic.Reading your conversation with "Dima" and Other
has so much pleasure Smile But I want tell you my Opinion.
I am a 22 years old Iranian war gamer,And there are too many WWII strategic games.But I chose "Close Combat series" (Now CCV mostly) Beacuse:
1st The game is authenticly rebuild a close combat Battle(ONLY Close close combat battles) more than ohter strategic games.
2nd These games are historically acurate and should say who I learn many
things of CC series(Like number of divisions in an Ops and name and quality of
each units & ...). So try your mod to be historically acurrate Not to be balanced by the cost of losing historicall authencity.
excuse me Drizzt,You are creature of this mod so you must decide,but
I only wanted to say my opnin.

We are waiting for your mod,Good luck.

#80:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:09 pm
    —
Hi Pzt Kami, don't worry, I have worked my mod to be historically correct with Dima help in past, he has helped me to identify vehicles and tanks in my mod timeline: the mod is well balanced simply because this phase of war was historically well balanced, I explain:
Russians had many men and tanks, but their strategy war was lesser good than germans. Germans had infantry more strong in equipment and well supported by guns, but not panthers or tigers in this period and T-34 was really good. This battle becamed a disaster for russians for their strategy not good: in follow-on of the war they learnt and used the same strategies (of germans) against germans. For example encirclement by fast tank units. Regards Drizzt

#81:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:41 pm
    —
Hi Drizzt
This topic has been viewed more than 2000 times ,And it is a good
news for you because it show you how mutch popular this topicIn fact your mod) is.
So continue working on your mod my friend.We are waiting.
Thank you

#82:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:27 pm
    —
Hey Drizzt,

Since your mod is going to be released relatively soon, maybe you could ask MOOXE to create your own forum thread in the Moding section, that way all of the questions and relaeases could be kept clear and up to date - I'm sure he would do it for you.

Great work.
Mac

#83:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:16 am
    —
Hi, thanks for your comments, yes a forum is a good idea but not now, when will be released is better: Or I release it, or I upgrade it: the upgrade that I have in mind is a really hard work: a new stratmap at berlin or Gjs level and new maps, and various corrections (historical and not) in azp, data and screen files. I prefer that eastern front experts can play it and say me the corrections that I must do in data and graphics files (or about divisions: for example russians commanders names), about stratmap and some new maps I hope in future to obtain the aid of some maps experts that help me to upgrade it with their works. I like eastern front but I'm not an expert of it; when I have began to work on my mod stalingrad seemed dead and berlin was only a "possibility": I have created this mod for... "necessity": I wanted play germans Vs russians in CC5. I do my best for make it historical correct but the informations about this battle that I have found are not so accurated. Also I couldn't work in a more famous battles as kursk, moskow, 3rd kharkov or stalingrad because someone was working already on them.

Regards, Drizzt

#84:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:20 am
    —
Hi,

sorry but my english is bad! Wink

Has your mod new maps or not? Smile

and the 3rd battle mod is dead right now or?

#85:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:15 pm
    —
Hi, The mod don't have new maps but cc3 custom maps. 3rd Kharkov is not mine, If I remember well is "on ice".
Actually I'm testing my mod, testing go well but I'm resolving some small problems with two maps and reinforce button. Regards, Drizzt

#86:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:38 pm
    —
when do you think it is ready tfor download? Smile
or do you want to make new maps?

perhaps do you can get the 3rd battle mod files from the modder to complete this mod too Smile

#87:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:27 pm
    —
Hey, you've made a very good mod. Smile
Now we just need that Kursk mod.

#88:  Author: squadman45 PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:52 am
    —
Hi, any news???? in web the game was a release date of 17-18 november..... but no release and the news of the release was deleted.....

#89:  Author: K PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:02 pm
    —
hi
i wait for good news,too Smile
i'm looking forward to the mod very much!

#90:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:03 pm
    —
Hi, the mod has been uploaded but my mod files need to be converted into plugin form, Mooxe (site admin) is busy for now: don't worry, when he will have more free time the mod will be converted and released (many thanks to Mooxe for his support!). Regards, Drizzt

#91:  Author: K PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:11 pm
    —
ok,drizzt,thank you for reply!!
I undersand! Smile
it is good news,thank you.

#92:  Author: squadman45 PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:49 pm
    —
Thanks for the kick reply, if i write the post is because the new announcing the release of the mod was deleted.

Wait, wait, always waiting, a decent Basket manager (near to release hehehe), and of course waiting your great mod Wink

#93:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:10 am
    —
Hey Drizzt...great mod!

Are the Russian Infantry and NKVD troops supposed to be wearing light green?
I thought they would be wearing khaki uniforms.
I know that Soviet Scouts and specialists troops wore green cammo suits...but do most of the regular troops wear green also? Is this representing theTelogreika padded winter jacket?

BTW, Russians are also wearing green uniform in Stalingrad mod.

Thanks again for the mod, Drizzt! The CC3 maps look a little retro though...maybe when you have time you should upgrade the maps with repainted ones someday.

One more thing...someone should start the 3rd Battle of Kharkov mod...I want to command Waffen SS battlegroups! Very Happy

#94:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 am
    —
The plugin is done. All that is left is the upload and adding them to the database. Should be tomorrow.

#95:  Author: K PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:19 pm
    —
hello,mooxe
ohhhh,it is great!!!
thank you for your work!! Smile

#96:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:58 pm
    —
to squadleader: many thanks!! About uniforms I had as examples stalingrad and berlin mods: stalingrad as timeline is near to 2nd kharkov so I have thought that the right uniforms were light green. Have you seen the color of the russian militia teams (not nkvd)? It's a brown different to romanian brown uniforms, maybe is more adapted for ther regular troops?
As I have said in past, I'm not a great expert of eastern front but I like it. There are surely many others imprecisions: my "weak point" is the great knowledge about historical war detalils that many veteran modders and CC funs have and I don't have. I admire the works of many veteran modders.
About maps, I hope to improve the mod in future.
3rd kahrkov is a great mod idea that unfortunately has not been finished (in past was in preparation), maybe one day will return.

to mooxe: very good news!! Thanks again mooxe.

Regards, Drizzt

#97:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:10 am
    —
Drizzt, I'm also no expert on the Eastern Front.
But I thought that the green Soviet uniforms in Stalingrad looks odd...I'm using Pzt_Kanov's 'personal submod' (Thanks, man!) with khaki unifoms...and prefer the look.
Maybe Russian green should be toned down (faded green) to look closer to these:
http://www.tridentmilitary.com/Soviet-WW2/soviet-ww2-uniforms.html
http://www.tridentmilitary.com/Soviet-WW2/camouflage-winter-clothing.html
The green uniforms in Stalingrad mod look a lot like stock American green in the original exe.

And to be honest...I don't even know for sure if the NKVD historically wore faded green or khaki.

Great mod, BTW...I've been having a blast with the single battles. The Russian AI seems to perform very well...maybe it's the CC3 maps? I made a quick 'personal vetmod'...just making the Soviet teams all 10 men and coding infantry as vehicles...and the AI performs even better on the attack. With T-34s in support, Russian infantry are rolling over my positions...aarghhhh!!!

#98:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:29 am
    —
That's how RA infantry uniform looked like in 1941-1943:

http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/arm29.htm
http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/arm20.htm

and that's how infantry uniform looked like since 1943:

http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/arm22.htm
http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/arm26.htm

that's how NKVD border guard field uniform looked like in 1940 - 1943:

http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/nkvd1.htm

since 1943:

http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/nkvd13.htm

In Stal 10th NKVD ID infantry had exactly same uniform as RA infantry. They just had different patches and color of military caps.

#99:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:13 am
    —
Thanks for clearing this up, Dima! Actually I was waiting for you to join ini Smile
So the historical RA and NKVD uniforms were shades of green.
I'll play around with Soldier Color Editor tool to try and get the right shades of green...I still think the greens in Stalingrad look odd...a bit too bright and not pale enough. I have a fetish for the uniforms worn by our beloved tiny soldiers Smile

So only conscripts and partisans wear khaki? What about khaki/brown greatcoats?

#100:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:28 am
    —
RKKA and NKVD field units had basically same uniform so the differences were only in color of patches and caps (shoulder straps since 1943).

Quote:
I still think the greens in Stalingrad look odd...a bit too bright and not pale enough.

no, it looks exactly how it should look after month or so of wearing in such conditions.

Quote:
So only conscripts and partisans wear khaki?

Smile.
Conscripts were RA soldiers so wore standart RA field uniform.
Partisans/militia mostly wore civilian clothes or just a mix of sov/german military and civilian clothes.

didn't u check the links to uniform pics i've posted? Wink
khaki became standart since 1943.

Quote:
What about khaki/brown greatcoats?

it was brown. IIRC since 1943 it became light grey.

#101:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:37 am
    —
Quote:
I still think the greens in Stalingrad look odd...a bit too bright and not pale enough.
no, it looks exactly how it should look after month or so of wearing in such conditions.

Washed out by the sun? Okay.

Quote:

didn't u check the links to uniform pics i've posted? Wink
khaki became standart since 1943.

I did...they look greenish...kinda like British Jungle Green.

#102:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am
    —
BTW, here's Pzt_Kanov's thread on his custom Stalingrad uniforms:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3305

#103:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:07 am
    —
Quote:
Washed out by the sun? Okay.

yes and just washed for several times Smile.

actually that one of the main thing why alot of german spies were discovered - they had brand new uniforms Smile.

Quote:
I did...they look greenish...kinda like British Jungle Green.

yes and it becomes light green after some time.

Quote:
BTW, here's Pzt_Kanov's thread on his custom Stalingrad uniforms:

cool ones but not correct for that time.
They would be good for Kursk time maybe Smile.

#104:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:52 pm
    —
After all seems that uniform color I have used is right. Many things that are in stalingrad mod have been... my teacher for the mod! Thanks for the info Dima.

to squadleader, about IA: by my point of view there are three things for a good IA:
The size of the maps: in big maps IA don't work well, many CC3 maps are of medium size, also because they have a size limit that is less than CC5 maps size limit. You have reason: maps help!
The VLs: when possible is better put many of them in the centre zone of the map, when possible I tried to do it, when not possible I tried to do both (in the centre, in the edge: some maps have really many VLs).
Some columns in adb BGs: can help to do a good IA but without a medium size map (I mean if the map is too big) lose efficacy.

Regards, Drizzt

#105:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:28 am
    —
Yup! The uniforms are historical. Sorry about that. I've seen too many late war Russians with brownish khaki uniforms.
The photos from Dima's links show post 1943 Russian khakis as a bit greenish too actually...not brownish.

Still having a blast with my 'personal vetmod'...the surge of a relentless Soviet infantry charge always makes me cringe...always some of them get through the rain of German bullets and cause mayhem! And the artillery barrage is devastating!
And the KV-1 monsters...arrgghhhhhh!!!

#106:  Author: squadman45 PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 pm
    —
Downloadiiiiiiiing Very Happy

#107:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:49 pm
    —
Dll'd, I'm at work...my fingers itchin'... Laughing

#108:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:40 pm
    —
yes when we can play it? Smile i need a new battlefield after the great SDK Smile

Oh!!! I haven´t seen the releasethreat, sorry!

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Kharkov

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1